Dreadlords A poisonous mind in a forgotten tower.

Threads open to all members of the Dreadlords group

Salak

<redacted>
Character Biography
Link
"TRAITOR!!"
He had been awake for long enough to see the suns light fade and know he could not be heard easily.
Still Salak raged at his foolishness and cursed himself thrice over for a coward.
He was tired, sore and hungry.
"Curse the ground you walk Everliegh Ebersol."
He could have been free already if he had used the bread knife he was pretending not to notice or the loose nail from the bedpost. He would be down the hall and after her, commandeered the boy and raised the alarm but he wasn't.
Everleigh needed time and he would give it to her by being looked for and playing the surprised fool when they found him.
Still he was genuinely furious with her.
His broken cane angered him.
"And curse your traitor loves as well." He added before leaning his head back gingerly against the wall. The blood had dried hours ago but it still felt like there was a rock lodged in his skull.
He looked away from the window for he did not like the phantom that haunted it.
The small figure of Trelain stood ready to jump again. His face staring out over the night sky with nothing but regret on it but Salak couldn't see it. He only imagined knowing it was there.
"You're not real. You're dead. You jumped and I watched you die."
Trelain didn't move.
"Go away."
Closing his eyes Salak tried to will his old enemy away.
When he opened his eyes Trelain was still there.
"LEAVE ME!"
Trelain still didn't move.
"DAMN AND BLAST YOU STUPID BOY. LEEEEEAVE!!!"
Through the pain he forced himself to stand.
"JUMP. GO ON, JUMP AGAIN, SEE IF I CARE. RID ME OF YOUR PRESENCE."
He leaned on the table, feeling the delirium strengthening his body even as it weakened his mind.
"YOU WERE WEAK TRELAIN. WEAK AND YOUR WEAKNESS MEANT YOU COULDN'T HACK IT. I DID. I DID WHAT YOU COULD NOT. I SURVIVED I BEAT YOU IN THE END. SO JUMP!"
Trelain jumped and Salak reached out his bound hands as he did years before.
"TRELAIN!"
His fists caught nothing but cold air. The haze was gone.
His body crumbled to the floor as what strength he had left him.
Salak's cheek felt wet again but he didn't have the strength to wipe it.

• Cry
Reactions: Everleigh Ebersol