Letters A letter to Noel Schwarz

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.

Henk

The Redeemer
Character Biography
Link
Noel ,

I've debated on writing this letter for a long time, and it's probably gone through at least five different openings. What could I say after that absolute mess we were tossed into that morning? What could I possibly tell you that would quell any of the (rightful) anger you must hold toward me for leaving the way I did? Nothing. So, I'm not going to try to apologize, not over a letter anyways. Atonement like that is something that needs to be done in person. And one day, I will see you again. I must.

I am alive.

That much I felt it very important that you know, because if our roles were reversed I would be driven mad not knowing what became of you. I can't tell you where I am, or what I've been doing, because we both know that they'd come looking for me if they decided to start filtering these letters. Living without the shadow of the Academy and the City that rules it hanging over my head has offered me a perspective that I've never had before. There's a whole world out here, that moves and progresses regardless of what happens at our home. It's been refreshing to become a part of this world, instead of being trapped in the old. I only wish you could be here with me.

But I'm not as naive as I once was. I know your place is there. I know that my ties aren't cut. I can't ever be one of them so long as The Academy still operates, so long as He still leads our friends on their own crusade for freedom. Eventually, I'll be asked to pick a side, and when that time comes I may need your help more than ever.

Anything else that I wish to tell you shouldn't be said here. I hope this letter finds you well. The next time you hear from me, I intend for it to be in person. Stay safe, and take care of them. I know that if anybody can, it's you.

Missing you,
Henk St.Preux

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Noel
Dear Henk,

I am glad you're alive. I am also alive.

I'm glad you aren't apologizing. If you are truly sorry then you'd return home and help us.

You don't have to worry about anyone hunting you down. There are more important matters to attend to today than one wayward Initiate. When Vel Anir's priorities shift I am certain an effort shall be made to find you. When that happens I'll be the one to hunt you down.

Not certain if this letter will reach you but I hope it does. I hope you surrender yourself willingly as we both know that if the time comes for us to look for you it will be me that tracks you down. And I will find you.

Sincerely,
Noel Schwarz

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Henk