Fable - Ask A Haunting Most Inconvenient

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Roebin Featherwind

Master of Loch
Character Biography
Link
Roebin Featherwind, Master of the Loch, was dead, and had been dead for maybe three hundred or so years, though he wasn't really the type to keep track. This suited him just fine most of the time, but admittedly there were some setbacks.

He manifested a visible form in front of the library's bookshelf, incorporeal arms crossed over his rather old-fashioned petticoat, and hovered contemplatively over the book that he couldn't pick up.

The quill stopped mid sentence as the hairs upon Valborast's neck did rise at the introduction of the unliving to the place of study, the last sentence to scribed being, 'spirits unseen'. The ink dried as Valborast stared, motionless, and considered in his ignorance as to who might walk these halls and fail to summon the powers of the poltergeist.

The Crimson Knight asked loudly as if to dispel his own discontent to the hall of the room from his place of study, “Syrs, we have a other worldly guest who wishes to read, what do we make of this action from the grave?”

Noa looked up from the book that she was holding upside down as the translucent hairs on the back of her neck rose up from Robin’s presence. Not that she could see him or the words on the book— in all honesty, she hated libraries and books and whatever else required one to see.

You think they can read to me?

A library was usually a place for refuge for Elinyra - perhaps an odd choice considering books were almost always made from trees, if not even more questionable materials - but there was something distinctly restless about this one at the moment. She glanced around at the other guests, who seemed to be having an anxious conversation about the strange apparition that had appeared near one bookshelf, and sighed.

Not again.

"I can hear all of you, you know," Roebin said, reeling around and turning his glowing, pupil-less gaze onto the positively crowded library.

Thank the light then that at least one of the knights here had some manners. "Don't blame me, books are rather recent inventions - back in my day only monks and merchants bothered writing things down."

Valborast smoothed his beard and made a sour face for a moment as the gaze left him. He muttered under his breath, "Brother Gylbert might not be able to help someone from such a backward time."

He drew his robes about himself and wondered if Parshen kept any emergency scrolls around for banishing such a source of interruption to his authorship.

The druid hid behind a random book she'd picked up, the history of something-or-other, and pretended to be intently reading while covertly watching this scene unfold. Given the diversity of folk she'd met so far within the Knights, there was no knowing what chaos was probably about to happen. And given her recent luck, chaos was certain to happen.