Open Chronicles A different breed

A roleplay open for anyone to join

general la'ue

the air is far too warm for me and my men but we continue on as we have for many months awaiting to arrive at the furless folks main capital. im joined by my pack. 10 of the most trusted men joined me on this quest. the journey was far and treacherous only 6 remain.those who died serving there king as i would have done in there place died with honor.

i turn to the other pointing at road.

"lets follow that to the nearest town we need to rest up"

my second in command gives me a nod and makes a screeching sound alerting the men that have stayed a ways back to cover our trail that we were stopping soon. i confirming whistle back can be heard moments later.

walking into a furrless folk town is unnerving the furrless folk seem unnerved by the 6 of us as well. i understood this im 9 feet tall not all of the people we've met on our journey has showed us a kind hand, i didn't expect much from these furrless folk either. this is exactly why the pure bloods ridded themselves of this land to live among the gods in the deep black caves beyond the ra'gnamb sea

we walked down the small town's road. i looked at a few shop signs trying to find somewhere we can stay for the night. though the people seemed afraid of us they have not yet raised an army to defeat us yet. looking around i can tell it would be a weak army anyhow.

my second pointed to a pub. we slowly made our way to the pub.
a larger furrless folk stood in front of the door sword drawn.

"hey no lionmen allowed"

i raise my brows. my men look un easy once more.

"what is the reason you dont allow lionmen to enter"

he stood closer to be almost meeting my size he looks into my eyes.

"lionmen are nothing but trouble"

he holds up a necklace made from brown and golden lion fur and claws.

"ive killed many lionmen but ive never killed a white one before"

i smirked. a giggle rose from my mouth. i snatch the necklace from the dumbfounded looking furrless folk.

i held it up. then threw it. onto a passing wagon the man freaked out yelling "hey thats my necklace." as he ran after the trinket.

my second gave me a look.

"sir this confirms what the king suspected"

i look down at the tuffed of brown fur that i had kept from the trinket.

"the dirty bloods must be stomped out we have to learn more about them."
he says in a hushed tone.

"im fully aware of the issue at hand. these savages will not last we will crush them just as we did before. we cannot allow there evil to spread once more" i snap.
he sighs
"what shall we do?"

"tonight we eat and drink see if anyone will talk to us about the local trouble. tomorrow will be dictated by the gods"

when we entered the pub it was empty. the bar keep saw me and ran into the the back room. moments later a woman comes out.

"we dont want any trouble"

she says as she rests a cross bow on the counter.

i raise my hands. my men each do the same.

"we are not your enemy's we simply want something to fill our belly's."

she frowns. "you have to pay"

i pull out a small bag of coins and toss them on the nearest table.

she grunts and walks over to the money taking the whole bag and walking back into the back.

"david hon serve these gentlemen something tasty" she hollers. i can hear her giggling and counting the ruby en crested coins in the back room

we sat at a table and were soon eating some sort of steak from a meat i had never eaten before.they served each steak raw which was fine however some of the men looked sick and never touched there food.

the drinks were good so we sat and waited. no doubt at some point someone will come in either to challenge us which would end in there death or they will come in here unaware they were going to pee themselves a little whatever the case i was ready for them. after about an hour it seemed odd to see only us in the bar. just as i had that thought someone walked in

OOC
figured the world needed more lionmen lol feel free to make yourself the guy or gal that walked into the pub. anyone else can join at anytime as well later on i mean

• Yay
Reactions: Elroy Linch
"We've arrived!" A voice from the front of the wagon called, as the wagon slowly came to a halt. I hopped out of the wagon, stretching, it had been a good three hour ride. "Here, catch" I called to the driver as I tossed him two gold coins, he nodded, tipping his hat, and then continued his journey west.

I walked into the settlement, noticing it's citizens seemed distressed. Confused, I asked a passerby "Hey, why's everybody so panicked?", the man looked towards a nearby tavern with disgust, "A bunch of no goods are in the pub, now nobody feels safe". I consider asking why they didn't call in the local law enforcers, but I decide to just go to the pub instead.

I walk through the entrance of the establishment and look around the empty building before my eyes came across its only customers, "Lionmen!" I thought out loud with a shocked expression, I hadn't seen these rare folk before. I quickly regain my cool, then walk up to their table, "So you think you lot can just walk in here and just expect me to do nothing about it..." I say in a threatening tone, "Well I challenge you fella's...", I continue, then quickly change to a smug expression, lifting my right hand and revealing the three darts it holds "...To a game of darts!"

i just about lost my drink from the absurdity of this furrless folk. i wasn't entirely sure what he meant by "darts" though. my men smirk a little as well as they see me trying to recover from coughing.

"im sorry furrless folk but i haven't a clue what darts are and me and my men haven't got the time to learn"

then something came to mind. this is the most fearless creature i have met and its not hostile. the dark gods teach that neutral ties are a leaders opening to further influence among others.

"on second thought id be willing to learn in exchange for information. we're looking for the lionmen known as king lionman have you heard of him and his murderous tribe of lionmen? they are wanted on crimes against the everlasting kingdom and are the mortal enemies to the gods below us. worshiping demons from above is a sin and breaks our highest laws all lionmen must follow"

ooc
sorry had to explain that lionmen is both plural and singular just so you know

example: "he is a lionmen."

"they are lionmen"

I stand dumbstruck for a second thinking about how seriously the lionmen takes his religion, and then lift up my cloak and open a now revealed belt-bag pulling out a stack of bounties, "king lionman" I say under my breath as I look through the pages, "here we are" I say finding the right bounty, "King Lionman and followers, 80 gold. The leader of a group of savage lionmen that have raided our settlement multiple times, causing damage to the properties and slaughtering innocent citizens, I'll also add 20 gold for each of his followers, please act quickly. Signed: Sherm Asmond", I finish reading, then hand the leader the bounty, "Sherm is the mayor of a settlement northwest from here, it's around a six hour ride, or two day walk". I wait as the group chat among themselves, and once they seem to quiet down I speak up again, "Now you have to hold up your end of the bargain" I remind them as I lift the three darts up, "so the rules are pretty simple you throw the darts at the board one by one and where they land decides how much points you get, on each area is a number, that's how much points you get for landing a dart there." I finish, "who wants to go first?"

Last edited:
ooc
King Lionman could have, and probably has done a lot more than what's written on the bounty, this bounty was made by the settlements mayor who only had knowledge of what he had done to the settlement.

"we have something similar at home but we use spears its called cha'kua'ina it means shower of death in common speak"
i took the small darts into my paw. in the furless folks hands they were the perfect size however in mine not so much after fumbling with them for a few minute frustration took me by the mane. i bunched them into a bundle so i could throw them all at once. as i did i yelled out

"multiply!!"

the three darts in mid air became many by the time they hit the board there were at least 1000 and they didn't just hit the board they covered the surrounding wall too the board fell from the weight of the darts clattering to the ground,

my men cheered and clunked glasses.

" good one sir!"

i had thought so.

"i believe ive won"

i laugh and order another drink. the bar keep looked scared as he brought it to me.

i watch the furrless folk that asked me to beat him at "darts"

waiting his reaction to the small show of power. i do love the awe furrless folk get when they see a magical lion a few towns even worshiped us but as soon as we made it to the main land its been nothing but hardships and set backs not to mention the four good men that died in the name of the king and the gods below. this furrless folk seemed different. either he was more powerful than i could see or hes just stupid either way he could be an asset

'Magic users, huh' I thought as I looked at the wall in disbelief, 'well, not being a magic user, I'm much more skilled than most bounty hunters, maybe that would be enough' I think while stroking my chin. I walk over to the board and pry it off from the wall, tallying the lionmen's score, surprisingly, only 19 darts landed on the board(i was a small board) and there were no bullseye's, "You got a score of 89, one below the top score normally possible "I say as I clear the board of darts, "if I want to win, I'll have take this seriously".

I walk back to where the group was standing and faced the board in a defensive stance, I held the first dart and and took aim, taking note of the distance, I calculate the amount if force needed for the perfect shot, I throw the dart getting a bullseye, "that's one...", I pick up the second one and threw it right next to the first, another bullseye, "that's two, and..." I pick up the third one and just as I'm throwing it, I heard a scream causing my focus to dwindle, leaving the dart just outside the bullseye area.

Looking towards the scream, I see the Bar girl gawking at the dart covered wall, "ahh damn, I missed, that makes you the winner" I say in cheerily before calling to the Bar girl "don't worry, I'll clean it up and pay for the damages, oh and can I get one of your famous cherry steak pies, thanks" I say then drop 22 gold coins on the counter, looking at the considerable amount of gold the Bar girl rakes it in, "oh, uh, y-yes, sure" she says excitingly looking at the noble crested coins as she rushed to the kitchen.

"Hey, do you mind if I keep the extra darts", I ask the Groups leader. "Oh and I don't believe we've exchanged names, I'm Elroy Linch" I say extending my hand for a handshake.

this one is not at all fazed by my display of power hes defiantly a different kind of furless folk. i wasn't sure why he had his hand out so ignored it

"i am general la'ue these six are whats left of my party. im here on the kings business and as fun as it is to sit and drink we really must be going, I've got a feeling this town wont provide shelter for the night not to us anyways."

and with that i stand and begin to leave my men follow behind me. i turn to glance at the furrless creature.

"you know we are not here for bounty's if you were to tag along you might get king lionman as a prize"

my second laughed

"we could also use a snack on the way that last furrless folk we ate wasn't very filling"

i smirk.

"hes joking and not a very good joke either"

i give him a look and he just smiles innocently.

"what say you furrless folk? would you like to reap a reward from our quest? i could use more fearless men such as yourself that know these lands"