Private Tales A Day in the Life

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Charity Briarthorne

Mischief-Maker
Cherry Rose Inc.
Character Biography
Link
The dull light of dawn filtered through a large window. Charity lay in bed, arms behind her head and a grin on her face. She had just returned home after a nighttime heist on the docks with her small gang who called themselves the Imps. Under the advice and guidance of her father Gilgamesh Briarthorne, she had assembled the small group of young women and they had begun doing various jobs for him across the city. Charity preferred to work during the day, but she wasn't about to complain about the late nights. Lately she had been raking in so much more money than she could've ever dreamed of making just being a petty thief.

Charity rolled restlessly in her bed trying to force herself to sleep to no avail. Sighing, she got out of bed and went to fetch water for a bath. As she sat in the warm waters, reminiscing about the nights events, a loud banging on the door interrupted her thoughts. "Not now kid! Go find somebody else to bother for a while!" Charity shouted angrily, assuming it was Urchin coming home. Despite her tone, the banging continued. "There's no way in hell I'm letting you in here while I'm naked you damn brat!" she shouted. Yet the knocking on the door continued. "UGHHH! FINE! Just wait a fuckin' minute and I'll let you in!" Charity snapped. "You better have somethin' REALLY fuckin' important to tell me if you're going to interrupt my bath like this!" she called as she got out of the tub and wrapped herself in a towel.

Walking over to the door, Charity unlocked it and threw it open. "There! We happy now?" she growled, but her eyes opened wide in shock. Where she had expected to see a young redheaded boy, stood a small woman in priestess robes. OH! Oh... Hiya Eile... Wasn't expecting you to visit.. Umm... Come in! Come in! Sorry for shouting like that!" Charity said sheepishly, ushering the young woman into the room. What could Eilerias want at this time of day? Charity wondered to herself.

Eilerias

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Eilerias
"Please, please stop crying!" Eilerias coddled the newborn, rocking it as she sat beside the window of the spare room she had been sleeping in within the Raven Club. Her voice was a hushed whisper as she plead with the child, trying to keep from waking Ogden and Lidia who were sleeping in the rooms across the hall. "What more do you want? You aren't hungry and you don't stink. Just sleep already!"

She sighed, letting Lucinda cry in her arms as she stared out the window. Maybe I'm not meant for this. She's only a few weeks old and already doesn't like me. What am I doing wrong? She thought, looking back down on the little girl sadly. "You know what? You're staying with Gwendolyn today, little one. I'm going to visit Charity." She placed Lucinda in her bassinet before walking over to the mirror to check herself out. She looked tired, but a little bit of her magic would mask that.

She slipped into her usual robes and grabbed Lucinda before slipping into the shadows, reappearing at the Archive. "Morning Cleo." She greeted the rather confused assistant, handing her the baby. "Tell Gwen I say hello. If either of you need me, I'll be at Charity's. Please, don't need me though. Thank you!" She didn't let the demon get a word in before she was already out the door, on her way to the Brass Bee.

She enjoyed the outdoors she hadn't seen in weeks as she made her way to the Brass Bee, greeting the innkeeper before running up the stairs and pounding on Charity's door. Ignoring Charity yelling, she persisted in banging the door until Charity opened it. "Charity!" Eilerias immediately embraced the girl, pushing her way into the room. "Yes, I suppose I should have sent word before visiting...but I'm here now! And you're already up!" She smiled, sitting on Charity's bed.

She looked over at the bath. "Sorry, you can bathe if you want. I won't look!" She sprawled out on the bed. "I need something to do. Anything. I've been cooped up in a room for the past couple weeks and I think I'm going crazy. I left Lucinda with Gwen and Cleo for the day." She sighed dramatically. "I think I might die of boredom if I go to church or uninteresting business deals. I need something exciting." She propped herself up on her elbows. "We are so close, but I barely know what you do. Take me out with you today. Teach me something!" She grinned, refusing to take no for an answer.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne
Charity put an arm around Eilerias' waist and spun her into the room, quickly shutting the door with her free hand. She waited until the other woman wasn't looking before climbing back into the tub, leaning back and draping her arms over the sides. "You better stay over there!" Charity warned, "AND NO PEEKING! I know how you are, you lustful woman!"

"I need something to do. Anything. I've been cooped up in a room for the past couple weeks and I think I'm going crazy. I left Lucinda with Gwen and Cleo for the day."
"You know... You wouldn't have that problem if you hadn't slept with that bastard Isak in the first place!" Charity grumbled.

"You WHAT?? No! Next time you need a break from Lulu, bring her to me!! Mother won't be any fun! Knowing her, she'll be reading Lulu long boring books with no pictures! And She'll probably give the poor girl a HEALTHY snack! You know how she is!"

"I think I might die of boredom if I go to church or uninteresting business deals. I need something exciting." She propped herself up on her elbows. "We are so close, but I barely know what you do. Take me out with you today. Teach me something!" She grinned, refusing to take no for an answer.
Charity sighed loudly and scratched her head. Of all the days... "Look Elli.... Maybe some other time okay? I just got back from a job with the girls. Daddy's been giving us a lot of night jobs recently and its really wearing me out. Just need to stay home and rest for once, okay?" Another sigh escaped her as Eilerias propped herself up on her elbows. Charity knew the look on priestess's face, and knew there was no way out of the situation. "I- Damn it... Alright. You can tag along. But I won't be leaving for a bit. Still have to finish washing and then eat. So why don't you just take a nap or something? You look like you haven't slept for years!" Charity laughed before closing her eyes and leaning back in the tub.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"You better stay over there!" Charity warned, "AND NO PEEKING! I know how you are, you lustful woman!"
Eilerias laughed loudly, her face turning red. "Me? Lustful? No way!" She twirled a strand of her hair around her finger as she looked around the room. It was odd that she barely remembered it after spending a few weeks there before they went on a trip to Fal'Addas.

"You know... You wouldn't have that problem if you hadn't slept with that bastard Isak in the first place!" Charity grumbled.

"You WHAT?? No! Next time you need a break from Lulu, bring her to me!! Mother won't be any fun! Knowing her, she'll be reading Lulu long boring books with no pictures! And She'll probably give the poor girl a HEALTHY snack! You know how she is!"

"I heard that!" She snapped, a mixture of sadness and anger taking over her voice before transitioning into a more thoughtful tone. "No one seems to believe me that the first time wasn't me. It was strange. I could feel everything, but I couldn't hear....and when I opened my eyes, I was watching myself from across the room. I don't really know how to explain it for people to understand." She sighed. "And according to some witch it was either that night resulted in Lulu or some guard in Cerak that is now dead. I believe she's Isaak's though. They look alike except for the birthmark on her. I have a similar one."

She shook her head as Charity instructed her to bring Lucinda to her next time. "That's exactly what I need. Perhaps the two of them can collectively bore her to sleep finally. She just cries and cries and eats-" Eilerias yawned, "-and cries. Nothing I do calms her down, even magic!" Eilerias rolled her eyes, letting out a tired laugh. "Charity, she doesn't have teeth, she's like two weeks old. I am the snack. What exactly were you planning on feeding an infant? I don't think I've witnessed you put anything nonalcoholic in your mouth ever!"

"Look Elli.... Maybe some other time okay? I just got back from a job with the girls. Daddy's been giving us a lot of night jobs recently and its really wearing me out. Just need to stay home and rest for once, okay?"

Eilerias frowned, ignoring her promise not to look as she studied Charity's face. She did look rather worn down, but that wasn't something Eilerias couldn't fix. "Oh...I didn't realize. To be honest, I don't even know what day it is, let alone the time. You know I'm rather good with magic that makes people feel better. It's sort of my specialty."
"I- Damn it... Alright. You can tag along. But I won't be leaving for a bit. Still have to finish washing and then eat. So why don't you just take a nap or something? You look like you haven't slept for years!"

She smiled, satisfied as Charity finally gave in, agreeing to take her on whatever she had planned for the day. "Do I really look that bad?" Eilerias asked, standing up and walking over to the mirror. "Huh...thought I could mask it." She said quietly, tracing the dark circles under her eyes. Oh dear. She is right...I do look like a mess. Skin looks dull, hair is dirty...Why didn't Cleo say anything?

She turned around to face the bath.
"Move, I'm coming in." She ordered, stripping and pushing a confused looking Charity aside. "What? It's big enough for both of us. I don't know the last time I actually washed my hair and if we are going out, I want to look my best. I can sleep later." She dunked her head under for a moment before coming back to the surface and relaxing. "Ahhh." She shut her eyes. "So what are the plans for today then?"

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"Charity, she doesn't have teeth, she's like two weeks old. I am the snack. What exactly were you planning on feeding an infant? I don't think I've witnessed you put anything nonalcoholic in your mouth ever!"
"Huh? Oh right... Here I am thinking Lulu was older already... I was gonna give her sweets and al sorts of unhealthy things. As her aunt, its my job to make sure she gets spoiled! But I guess that'll have to wait for a while..." Charity mused disappointedly.

"Do I really look that bad?" Eilerias asked, standing up and walking over to the mirror. "Huh...thought I could mask it." She said quietly, tracing the dark circles under her eyes. Oh dear. She is right...I do look like a mess. Skin looks dull, hair is dirty...Why didn't Cleo say anything?
"THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID" Charity spluttered defensively, waving her hands in front of her. "I.. Uh... Just meant..." Charity trailed off unsure how to finish her thought. She supposed in hindsight that telling a new mother that she looked like a tired mess wasn't a very nice thing to do, and felt a touch guilty as she watched Eilerias examine herself in the mirror.

Before Charity could regather her thoughts, Eilerias had removed her clothes and began forcing her way into the tub. "H-HEY!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Didn't anybody ever teach you about personal space? Ya c-can't just join somebody's bath w-without asking!"

Charity's eyes briefly wandered over the woman sitting with her. Her expression quickly changed from one of curiosity to one of embarrassment as her gaze moved from Eilerias to look down at herself. "H-Hurry up! The water's getting cold!" Charity snapped red-faced with jealousy and embarrassment. She angrily crossed her arms over her chest, and brought her knees up while Eilerias bathed herself.

"So what are the plans for today then?"
"Plans?" Charity laughed. "There's not gonna be any plans until after we get you sorted out, Eile! When we're done bathing, we're going to march right over to the bed and have ourselves a nice long nap! Then I'm taking you out to get a decent meal. You look like you're half starved! We can discuss the plans while we eat!" Charity's businesslike tone made it clear that there would be no discussing the matter.

"Don't take too long, alright?" Charity asked as she exited the tub and dried off. Throwing on a shirt and underwear, she climbed into bed, forcing herself to stay awake until Eilerias joined her.

• Devil
"Huh? Oh right... Here I am thinking Lulu was older already... I was gonna give her sweets and al sorts of unhealthy things. As her aunt, its my job to make sure she gets spoiled! But I guess that'll have to wait for a while..."

"Yeah, yeah. You've been saying that for how many months? I think we've established that you are the cool aunt. Just please wait until she has at least one tooth. I am begging you!" She laughed. "And no alcohol until she's an adult...or however old Urchin is. And if you do give her a drink in however many years, please be responsible with it." Her tone transitioned from joking to a motherly concern.
"H-HEY!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Didn't anybody ever teach you about personal space? Ya c-can't just join somebody's bath w-without asking!"

"Personal...space....never heard of it!" Eilerias splashed water at Charity. "I most certainly can and will join if I want to. I see all of you at your worst, you know! You have nothing to hide from me at this point."

Eilerias' eyes remained closed as she washed her hair, oblivious to Charity's gaze until her peace was interrupted by her complaints about cold water. She looked at the blushing girl, raising an eyebrow. "Are you well?" Eilerias moved closer, hovering over her, before putting a hand on Charity's head, ignoring the girl's desire for personal space. She noted that her forehead was cool but her cheeks were burning before backing off and continuing to bathe. "Hmm...you're right. The water is getting a bit cold."
"Plans?" Charity laughed. "There's not gonna be any plans until after we get you sorted out, Eile! When we're done bathing, we're going to march right over to the bed and have ourselves a nice long nap! Then I'm taking you out to get a decent meal. You look like you're half starved! We can discuss the plans while we eat!"

Eilerias huffed. "I'm fine. A little tired I guess. And hungry..." Her voice trailed off. "I guess maybe I could use a nap. It is a tad hard to sleep when some tiny creature wakes you up every five minutes." She yawned again. "Okay fine, a nap it is...but then we really need to do something fun."

"Don't take too long, alright?"

"Mhmmmm" Eilerias sank lower in the tub, enjoying the first bit of peace she's had in a long time. "This is nice." She mumbled to herself quietly as she finished washing herself.

She forced herself to get out of the cold water a few minutes later, grabbing one of the towels and drying herself off. She looked at Charity's outfit and began rummaging through her belongings. "I'm stealing something to wear now and something later too. I think my priestess robes might be a little...obvious...If I'm tagging along with whatever you're doing. I've tried to keep a low profile for like nine months so people didn't know about Lucinda. I'm not sure it'd be any easier to explain why I'm caught doing some sort of crime." She laughed as she dropped the towel and put on shorts and a shirt, hopping in the bed right after.

"Mmmm...good...night? Morning? Good napping!" She snuggled up closely to Charity and pulled the blankets over her. "Wake me when it's time to do something fun, okay?"

• Cthuulove
Charity gently awoke to the sound of the busy street outside. Something warm and soft was cradled in her arms and pressed against her chest. "Mmm... Honey? When did you get here?" she mumbled, pulling the other tightly against herself and kissing the top of their head. Sighing contentedly, she lay in bed for a few minutes, enjoying the warmth of the other.

"Alright.... C'mon..." Charity grumbled, untangling herself. "We should get up before Urchin walks in on us again." Opening her eyes, a brief look of confusion flashed across her face as her eyes fell on her sister. "G'mornin' Eile..." Charity yawned, as she sat up and stretched.

"Ya hungry?" Charity asked as she rose from bed and got dressed. "We can eat downstairs. Marilyn makes the best lunches in the city! And I'm gonna make sure you eat until you're ready to burst!"

When Eilerias was ready, they made their way downstairs and sat at the bar. "Marilyn!" Charity called happily, waving the middle-aged innkeeper over. "The usual lunch for me please! And uh... What do you want Elli?"

• Cthuulove
"Mmm... Honey? When did you get here?" she mumbled, pulling the other tightly against herself and kissing the top of their head. Sighing contentedly, she lay in bed for a few minutes, enjoying the warmth of the other.

"Hmmmm?" Eilerias was woken up by Charity pulling her tight and calling her Honey. She was confused but nodded and laughed quietly, allowing herself to be cuddled as she enjoyed the first nap in ages that lasted longer than fifteen minutes. Five more minutes please......She thought, yawning as she snuggled closer.
"Alright.... C'mon..." Charity grumbled, untangling herself. "We should get up before Urchin walks in on us again." Opening her eyes, a brief look of confusion flashed across her face as her eyes fell on her sister. "G'mornin' Eile..." Charity yawned, as she sat up and stretched.

Eilerias opened one eye, "Urchin's been by?" She asked, rolling onto her back and looking up at Charity. "What do you mean walks in on us again? Was I talking in my sleep while he was here? Did I do something embarrassing?" Her hands shot to her chest and she sighed. "At least I'm not naked. I was worried. Poor thing would probably die if he saw the current state of me. I'm a fucking mess if I'm being honest." She laughed. "Nothing but a glorified cow, I swear."
"We can eat downstairs. Marilyn makes the best lunches in the city! And I'm gonna make sure you eat until you're ready to burst!"

"Marilyn...I always wondered what her name was." Eilerias rubbed her eyes as she finally forced herself to sit up. "That's fine, I am hungry, but what are we doing after we eat?" She got up and began sifting through Charity's clothes again, putting on a simple top and pants which had to be rolled up due to the difference in the girls' heights. "Be honest, do I look stupid?" She asked, looking at herself in the mirror again as she finished getting dressed.
"The usual lunch for me please! And uh... What do you want Elli?"

Eilerias followed Charity downstairs and hopped up onto the bar stool, her stomach growling as Charity waved Marilyn over. Up until she was pregnant, she rarely had an appetite, often finding herself feeling guilty if she took more than the bare minimum. There were so many people in the city who couldn't even afford that, so why should she treat herself? "Ooooh! Something with meat and potatoes. Stew? Oh, and bread." She turned to Charity then looked back at the lady. "Something sweet, too. Do you have pie?"

"Thank you Marilyn!"
Eilerias began to dig into her food a short while later. "So Charity, I kind of just barged in earlier without asking how things are going. Is everything alright? How are Honey and Urchin?"

• Cthuulove
"At least I'm not naked. I was worried. Poor thing would probably die if he saw the current state of me. I'm a fucking mess if I'm being honest." She laughed. "
A loud laugh erupted from Charity at the expression on Eilerias' face. "Don't worry! Urchin hasn't come back yet. Speaking of Urchin, I'd bet the damn kid would still find you to be the "most prettiest, mostest beautiful woman he ever met ever!" glorified cow or not!" Charity giggled and leaned over to plant a gentle kiss on her sister's cheek. "You've been through a lot the past few weeks. Anybody would kill to look half as beautiful as you after going through all that!"

She got up and began sifting through Charity's clothes again, putting on a simple top and pants which had to be rolled up due to the difference in the girls' heights. "Be honest, do I look stupid?" She asked, looking at herself in
Charity couldn't help but feel a little jealous as she waited by the door and watched her sister get dressed. For somebody who had recently given birth, Eilerias was still a very beautiful woman.

She giggled to herself as she watched her sister try to put on her clothes. Charity's clothes were all form fitting so they wouldnt get caught on something as she worked. Even though Eilerias was noticeably shorter, she had more... womanly features than Charity, and Charity's already tight clothes were that much more restrictive on Eilerias.

"What? No! Of course you don't look stupid!" Charity said stifling another giggle. "You just need a little adjusting. C'mere, I'll help you." She rolled up the sleeves of the shirt a bit and pushed them up to Eilerias' elbows, and unbuttoned the top couple buttons of the shirt. "There!" she said stepping back to admire her handiwork. "Much better! You know... You look pretty cute wearing something besides a robe!" Taking Eilerias by the hand, they made their way downstairs to the dining area.

After they ordered, Marilyn returned shortly with a giant bowl of stew for Eilerias, and a large slab of meat and a potato for Charity. Watching the way Eilerias scarfed down the stew reminded Charity of the day she met Urchin, and she smiled quietly to herself.

"So Charity, I kind of just barged in earlier without asking how things are going. Is everything alright? How are Honey and Urchin?"
"Yeah Eile. Things have been fine since we've gotten back from the trip... Just very tiring. Daddy has kept me and the girls pretty busy lately so that's taken up most of my time. That and the training Daddy is giving me has been very rough... Mostly I just feel like doing nothing but sleeping!"

"Urchin is doing really well for himself! He's mostly working as one of Zilvra's goons now but the kid seem to enjoy it. I've recruited him for a couple jobs too. I know he also has something going on on the side, but hasn't told me much about it..."

"And Honey... I don't get to see her as often as I'd like... She's one of Zilvra's most popular girls so she's usually pretty busy. But she still visits for a... sleepover a few nights a week."

"Anyway... Enough about me. How have you been holding up since... You know..?"
Charity chatted with her sister while they finished their food. Leaving a handful of coins on the bar, Charity led Eilerias outside.

"Soo... Elli. You wanted me to teach you something today right?" Charity asked mischievously as she took hold of Eilerias' hand. "C'mon! Today's lesson is liberating shiny things from the hands of greedy merchants!" She took off towards the marketplace, dragging her sister behind her.

• Cthuulove
I'd bet the damn kid would still find you to be the "most prettiest, mostest beautiful woman he ever met ever!" glorified cow or not!" Charity giggled and leaned over to plant a gentle kiss on her sister's cheek. "You've been through a lot the past few weeks. Anybody would kill to look half as beautiful as you after going through all that!"
Eilerias cracked a smile as Charity flattered her. "I don't think its fair. I was a bit selfish to use magic on myself and try my best to repair as much of my body as I could." She responded, trying to stuff herself into Charity's clothes. "I guess if other people could, they probably would, as well." She shrugged, looking at herself.
"What? No! Of course you don't look stupid!" Charity said stifling another giggle. "You just need a little adjusting. C'mere, I'll help you." She rolled up the sleeves of the shirt a bit and pushed them up to Eilerias' elbows, and unbuttoned the top couple buttons of the shirt. "There!" she said stepping back to admire her handiwork. "Much better! You know... You look pretty cute wearing something besides a robe!" Taking Eilerias by the hand, they made their way downstairs to the dining area.

"Don't lie to me!" Eilerias warned her, as Charity approached and began messing with the clothes, leaving Eilerias a little uncomfortable with the amount of skin she was showing. "It does look better, but I don't think anyone has ever seen me without the robes...outside of you guys of course. They are comfortable and feel safe." She spun in the mirror to analyze herself at all angles. "It's nice, but its just a bit strange."

"Yeah Eile. Things have been fine since we've gotten back from the trip... Just very tiring. Daddy has kept me and the girls pretty busy lately so that's taken up most of my time. That and the training Daddy is giving me has been very rough... Mostly I just feel like doing nothing but sleeping!"

She gave Charity a look of sympathy as she explained her current activities. "Oh, I'm sorry again for just showing up out of the blue, dear. I didn't realize you were so busy these days. Busy can be good though...its a nice distraction sometimes." She added the last comment on quietly.

"What's the training like?" She shoveled more food into her mouth, waiting for a response.

"Urchin is doing really well for himself! He's mostly working as one of Zilvra's goons now but the kid seem to enjoy it. I've recruited him for a couple jobs too. I know he also has something going on on the side, but hasn't told me much about it..."

"And Honey... I don't get to see her as often as I'd like... She's one of Zilvra's most popular girls so she's usually pretty busy. But she still visits for a... sleepover a few nights a week."

"Oh that's wonderful to hear." She smiled. "I haven't seen him in quite a while for healing, so I assumed he was staying out of trouble or learned how to fight for himself finally." She raised an eyebrow, chuckling. "Something on the side? Please tell me its not another girl he's suddenly head over heels with. We both know how he is."

"Aww...I'm sorry you don't get to see her that often. It's not fair, but at least you get some time together...hopefully when Urchin is working."
Perhaps I'll have to go back to Zilvra. It would give them more time together...and I'm sure I'll need the money now that he's dea-

"Anyway... Enough about me. How have you been holding up since... You know..?" Charity chatted with her sister while they finished their food. Leaving a handful of coins on the bar, Charity led Eilerias outside.

Her thoughts were cut off as Charity spoke. It felt like a knife had been driven in her chest. "I..." Her eyes began to well up with tears as she twisted the ring that sat on her finger again. Her breathing became erratic as she tried to calm herself, eventually slowing to big, deep breaths.

After a few minutes, she looked back at Charity. "I don't really know. I don't have the time to cry with Lucinda. I feel guilty. If I hadn't followed him that night....or if I would have come home instead of here..." She wiped her eyes. "Maybe he wouldn't have died..."

She didn't know what else to say, opting to remain quiet as she watched Charity pay and followed her outside where she placed her glowing hands on herself to calm down.

"Soo... Elli. You wanted me to teach you something today right?" Charity asked mischievously as she took hold of Eilerias' hand. "C'mon! Today's lesson is liberating shiny things from the hands of greedy merchants!"

After using her magic, her mood had changed back to how she appeared before Charity had asked about Isak. "Oh yes! I do want to learn whatever you do. You always seem to be having fun and I want to have fun too!" She grabbed onto Charity's hand, before being pulled off balance along with Charity as she ran.

"Wait!" Eilerias shouted as they ran. "But that's called stealing!"

• Cthuulove
"Oh, I'm sorry again for just showing up out of the blue, dear. I didn't realize you were so busy these days. Busy can be good though...its a nice distraction sometimes." She added the last comment on quietly.
"No! No! Its fine! Really! My door is always open for you Ellie! Just wasn't expecting you to visit so early in the morning!" Charity laughed wrapping her arms around her sister. "Yes! being busy is very good! Especially for somebody like me. Keeps me from destroying things out of boredom!"

"What's the training like?" She shoveled more food into her mouth, waiting for a response.
"Its kinda boring... Lots of working on control. I was hoping I would get to let it loose and wreck things, but Daddy has been very clear that I was to behave."

Charity's next question seemed to strike a nerve, as Eilerias began to cry and shake. "H-Hey! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to upset you!" She rubbed her sister's back until she calmed down.

"None of that was your fault! You heard what Mother said. He was going to kill you! I'm glad you got into a fight and ran away! I couldn't begin to tell you how much I would have missed my sister and best friend!" Charity had more to say about Isak, but decided to spare Eilerias and quickly changed the subject to their plans for the day.

Taking Eilerias by the hand, they walked out of the inn and towards the marketplace. "Okay Eile, this'll be easy. We'll find a nice stall that's out of the way, and we're gonna get ourselves some loot! All I need you to do is distract the merchant long enough for me to grab something. Got it? After that we'll go back to my room and... Oh I don't know... Drink... Or something..."

Charity and Eilerias meandered though the market, stopping here and there to look at something. "There!" she said giving Eilerias' hand a squeeze and pointing. A stall covered in brightly colored fabric, laden with display cases of expensive jewelry, manned by a handsome young male elf. Leading Eilerias over, Charity smiled brightly at the owner.

"Hello sir! That's quite a collection ya got here!" The young shopkeeper smiled back at them. "Welcome! It is isn't it?" he said proudly. "Only the finest pieces from across all of Arethil! So what can I do for you two lovely ladies?" Charity studied his face for a brief moment before answering. She could only assume that he was just like all the other merchants. Friendly and welcoming on the outside, but wouldn't feel a shred of guilt for ripping them off.

"I'm looking for something for my friend there." Turning to Eilerias, she continued. "Go on! Pick anything you want! I brought more than enough coin!" She gave her sister hand a squeeze, before releasing it and grinning at her. Showtime!

Last edited:
"Its kinda boring... Lots of working on control. I was hoping I would get to let it loose and wreck things, but Daddy has been very clear that I was to behave."

"Well he probably knows best for you." She found herself agreeing with Gilgamesh for once. "You've only been working on them for how long? A year or so, right? I mean my powers are much different than whatever you have got going on but I still struggle. It's hard and tiresome and when the tiredness hits, all control is gone. You have to be quite careful or someone could get hurt."

"H-Hey! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to upset you!" She rubbed her sister's back until she calmed down.

"None of that was your fault! You heard what Mother said. He was going to kill you! I'm glad you got into a fight and ran away! I couldn't begin to tell you how much I would have missed my sister and best friend!" Charity had more to say about Isak, but decided to spare Eilerias and quickly changed the subject to their plans for the day.

"Its okay..." She sniffled. "Honestly...its fine."

Charity seemed like she had more to say, but didn't. Eilerias, however, had to get one last bit out. It wouldn't be well received, to know she was still in such a morbid headspace, but she hoped Charity would understand. And not steal all her knives and forks and anything else that was pointy again. "Some days I wish he did. Life would have been so much easier. I wish Gwen wouldn't have let me leave. Because of me, Lucinda will never know her father and he will never know his daughter. It feels terrible."

"Okay Eile, this'll be easy. We'll find a nice stall that's out of the way, and we're gonna get ourselves some loot! All I need you to do is distract the merchant long enough for me to grab something. Got it? After that we'll go back to my room and... Oh I don't know... Drink... Or something..."

With that, they took their leave, hand in hand. Ready to cause mischief.

"What do you mean distract? Like talk with him about current events?" She squeezed Charity's hand, her voice barely a whisper as she tried her best not to look suspicious. "I don't think you understand. I've been sitting in a dark bedroom for the past few weeks. I do not know any current events. Has anything happened? Weddings? Crimes? Monster attacks?"

She nodded. "I suppose I can leave Lucinda in Cleo's care if I drink. They'll just have to find something else to feed her. She's a bit young for mixed drinks, don't you reckon?" She laughed at her own stupid joke before composing herself and trying her best to act natural, taking advantage of the buttons Charity undid on her top to cause some distraction.

"I'm looking for something for my friend there." Turning to Eilerias, she continued. "Go on! Pick anything you want! I brought more than enough coin!" She gave her sister hand a squeeze, before releasing it and grinning at her. Showtime!

She let go of Charity's hand and walked up to the stall to admire the precious jewelry he had on display. "How are you?" She greeted him coyly, leaning over to look at a particularly expensive golden necklace with a large ruby pendant and several diamonds surrounding it locked in a glass box. "Oh that's lovely. I quite like that one. Could I try it on?" She smiled at the man, giving her best doe eyed look to the man. "Usually I don't allow try-ons, but give me a second to get it out." He was a bit stern, but seemed distracted enough by her presence as he unlocked the box.

In the meantime, she managed to get her arm caught on something, completely by accident and send several other expensive items crashing to the ground. "I'm so sorry!" She gasped, kneeling down to pick them up. The flustered shopkeep came flying around the side of the stall to assist her in scooping up the jewels and placing them back in their respective containers. Eilerias' eyes went to Charity's and a subtle head nod towards the unlocked box.

• Cthuulove
"What do you mean distract? Like talk with him about current events?" She squeezed Charity's hand, her voice barely a whisper as she tried her best not to look suspicious.
"Nonono!" Charity laughed. "I mean... I suppose that could work, but I had something else in mind." She squeezed Eilerias' hand back as she continued. "You're a very beautiful young woman... Use that to your advantage." Charity smiled at her sister slyly.

"I suppose I can leave Lucinda in Cleo's care if I drink. They'll just have to find something else to feed her. She's a bit young for mixed drinks, don't you reckon?"
"We don't have to drink. That was merely a suggestion. My day is totally open, Eile. We can go anywhere or do anything you want! I am just happy just to spend the day with my wonderful sister!" Charity planted a kiss on Eilerias' cheek. "I'm down for whatever it is you decide you want to do! But first things first! We need to acquire some loot!"

"Don't worry too much about Lulu! Cleo is more than capable of taking care of a tiny baby! But yeah... She is a bit young for mixed drinks!"
Charity giggled.

Charity stood back and watched with curiosity as Eilerias did her best to converse with the merchant. She was a little stiff, but for her first time as a distraction, she was doing an excellent job. Charity's eyes widened slightly with surprise as Eilerias picked the largest, most expensive item for sale. She was even more surprised when the shopkeeper agreed to let her try it on.

Somehow Eilerias manged to get her arm caught on a display and sent a cascade of items crashing to the ground. Whether this was originally intentional or not, Charity didn't know. But it was a very favorable turn of events. A smile spread across her face as Eilerias directed her attention to the unlocked case.

Charity waited until she was sure the merchant was distracted before snatching the necklace out of the box. Picking up a less ornate necklace, Charity cast an illusion over it to take the appearance of the more expensive item and placed it back in the box. She cast another illusion on the real item to make it invisible. "You need to be more careful!" Charity said angrily, pretending to scold her sister.

She knelt down to help clean up the spilled merchandise and "accidentally" broke a string of pearls sending them skittering away from the stall. Charity hung the invisible necklace around Eilerias' neck as the man chased after the pearls. Stuffing a fistful of loose jewels into her pocket, Charity helped Eilerias up and rearranged the display as best as she could.

"I'm SO sorry sir! She can be a little clumsy at times... Allow me to cover any inconvenience we may have caused!" A small pile of high value coins were hastily produced and set on the counter. Nothing that the jewels in her pocket wouldn't be able to replace tenfold. "Alright! C'mon you!" Charity roughly grabbed her sister's hand and began pulling her away. "Let's go before you knock over something else!" With a apologetic look back to the merchant, they disappeared into the crowd.

Once they had gotten lost in the crowd, Charity ushered Eilerias over to a nearby bench. "That was amazing Elli! I might have to bring you along more often! Was kinda expecting to have to fight off a few guards, but you did a terrific job distracting him!" Her eyes gleamed as the illusion on the necklace faded away. "It took some major guts to go right for the centerpiece item. I was really surprised you had it in you!"

Charity continued to shower praise on Eilerias for another moment and hugged her. "Now that you've gotten yourself a fancy necklace, what do you want to do? We could explore the city, try to steal something else, whatever you want to do Eile! I will follow your lead!" Charity leaned back and threw her arm over her sister's shoulder, an expectant look in her eyes.

Last edited:
  • Devil