Private Tales A Criminal's Mercy

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Kehlani Emerson

Red Daughter
Character Biography
Link
unnamed.jpg
*Dock Somewhere in Alliria*

"I'm going give you one more chance, wrench... who the hell are you? and what's your business in Alliria?" called out a deep wolfish voice from the shadows of the room. "I never kiss and tell..." Kehlani said letting her grayish-blue eyes pierce through the shadowy darkness. Without another moment to waste, Kehlani would feel the powerful slap of the wolfish man yet again. This time blood was drawn and which Kehlani licked away, only to give the shadowy man a smirk of determination and something else deeper, something dark.

"you know, you should really learn how to pick on someone your size. What do you get... on by hitting women?" Kehlani asked before leaning forward. "When I'm ready, I will get up from this chair and kill you slowly. So get out any last words you have now because I will be the last face you see..." Kehlani promised before leaning back with such laughter. Another powerful slap would fall her promise and another one would have come but Kehlani's promise was fulfilled. Kelani would slightly lean back, feeling the swipe of the man's hand pass her by. Timing everything correctly, she stood up with a chair tied to her and slammed the legs of her chair into the man's gut before wiping her hair back to disarm the man.

She then rammed the back of the chair into the man's chest slamming him into the wall and breaking the chair in the process. The man slid down the wall as Kehlani untied herself and then picked up a broken leg piece. "Names... Kehlani..." She answered finally as she slammed the jagged piece into the man's throat and then used the strongest part of her knee to slam the man's skull against the wall crushing it like an egg in the process. Blood splattered but Kehlani had seen the red liquid before and didn't much care.

"One fool down... a whole ship to get through," Kehlani said to herself as she heard the rustle of the doorknob before it open letting light fill the room. The bloody woman quickly rushed to the door slamming the wooden door against the cabin master's head and didn't stop until the door had a dent with bloodstains all over it. "such a shame..."

With great henced agility Kehlani ran across the deck of the ship, a few more cabin crew rushing towards her. using her flexibility, acrobatics, and petite body weight, she disarmed one... kicked another off the edge of the ship, and then wrapped her leg around the last one squeezing until she heard a cracking sound, dead. "such a man heavy crew and none of them could take me down. Then again, there just another pawn off the chessboard." Kehlani spoke to herself before taking the coat of one of the crew mates and boots from the others. And without another moment to waste, Kehlani made her way onto the docks of Alliria.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Isak Lavelle
"What business do we have tonight, boss?" asked a longbearded dwarf, a slightly watered glass on one hand and a small piece of cloth on the other, as Ogden swiftly cleaned it, before putting the glass back along the others, atop the bar counter. Beside him sat a man with fairly unemotive eyes and stoic demeanor, barely rejoicing on the sharp taste of liquor served to him.

Or perhaps, too lost on the wistful thoughts of his dear fiancée, as he greatly missed her presence at those quiet hours.

Isak took a silver layered pocket watch from inside his expensive black coat, pressing the tiny sphere on top of it and letting the watch open itself in one quick motion, brown eyes solely focused on the pointers. Tick, tock, tick, tock... It was almost night, a time where the Raven Club would soon be filled to bursting, and he could have the luxury of attending tonight's business.

The docks beckoned him, an opportunity brought to him by a seemingly wealthy but terrified merchant, who had never brought wares to this side of the Strait before, certainly not to a city so grand and wild like Alliria. In his own words, he feared that people could pounce on his wares at any given moment, and he had heard much of the 'services' provided by Isak Lavelle and his vast network of workers, given the right price could be paid to him.

Firstly, he wanted to lay eyes on this shipment, to gauge value and see if he could be bothered with such a job. "I'm going alone, Ogden. It will only be a short meeting." His rasp voice filled the dwarf's ears, before Isak drank the last of the liquor, setting the glass down and backing away from the counter. He picked up a black silked fedora that was laying around, a small acessory to keep up appearances. It wouldn't hurt to show himself to this meeting as a gentleman of means.

He crossed the daunting streets of Alliria at night with no trouble, both guards and civilians staying clear of his path as if he carried a plague, though money and influence had much deeper power than a simple disease. Arriving at the docks, he could see a few crews working hard to unboard their cargo, perhaps too eager to enjoy a well earned break in the nearby pleasure hours.

Though the merchant who sent him a letter of contract was nowhere to be found...

Ever suspicious, Isak decided to walk around, eyeing every ship with great attention, always at the ready in case the merchant decided to honor their meeting with his presence, even if beyond the agreed hour.

Kehlani Emerson

The coat covered her bloodstain blouse and almost her movable skin-tight trousers which held the blood of the men she murder. Not knowing who she really offed, she would continue on with her journey. Kehlani used the cloth she found in the pocket of one of the crewmate's coats to wipe off what little blood had splattered across her face. She then let the cloth fall to the dock floor as she continued to walk on.

Without really caring about who was around her, she bumped into the man who people avoid like a plague. Most people would stumble back but Kehlani was able to catch herself rather quickly. "excuse me..." Kehlani said firmly and clearly, but upon looking at the man who she ran into she began to dissect him with her stormy blue eyes.

{weird looking fedora... stance of power... eyes hiding secrets... a man who is in charge... A man who's married or engaged, no seduction skills to worry about there.} Kehlani thought to herself. {Criminal?.... leader of something?} Kehlani question within her mind before she placed a smile on her face while keeping her eyes cold and unreadable.

"I'm new to... Allira? right? you seem like a person that knows their way around, so how about I pay for some information. Unless you're too good for money..." Kehlani negotiated as she knew if she was able to get him to give her some information about alliria, he was bound to know more than he would let on to. Of course, she had no money to give the man but why would she tell the truth when a good lie could do. Plus she knew how to defend herself if the man decided to choose violence.

Isak wandered through the docks with increasingly distate for the merchant's lack of regard to showing up to their meeting. As if he hadn't already been bothered to be in such a place, especially this late at night, with the chilly winds that roared from the harbors, there seemed to be no trace of any cargo of interest. His time was being wasted, and he despised having his time wasted.

But much to his surprise, Isak bumped into someone, and though he remained as still as a rock due to his stature and strength, he felt the person catching herself rather quickly. Once the hooded person lifted his head, Isak could see that it was a woman - and a face he had never seen around those parts.

There were only a few people that Isak didn't know in Alliria, and even then, he would've learned about their reputation or their likeness, but this stranger was completely mysterious, and she seemed to have taken her time to examine him, just as Isak now did with her.

Her apology had been firm and clear, and her movements were assured. She didn't look to be an ordinary civilian, though he couldn't help but shrug at her offer for information about Alliria. That city knew too much and shared too little, and only those who didn't care to kneel deep into its mud of secrets could ever claim to truly know about Alliria.

Luckily to her, Isak was one such person.

"Coin will not buy you much information in Alliria, but it may get you some fresh garments." He pointed with his eyes towards the bloodstained clothes she seemingly tried to hide from sight, though not many things escaped from Isak's cold brown eyes.

"Who are you, and what is your business here?" Isak interrogated, straightforward and bluntly as always, and also a bit suspicious about that strange woman.

The merchant and his cargo were nowhere to be found, and to add to his misfortunes, a stranger stained with blood had bumped into him in the middle of the docks, at the dead of night. What more could that night bring to him?

Kehlani Emerson

"Coin will not buy you much information in Alliria, but it may get you some fresh garments."

"Will it's either coins or more blood on my garments. That's not a threat by the way, but it's just how I do things. So take it how you will." Kehlani said sharply as she hated drawing attention to herself but knew at some point in time someone would notice or rather run into her. "by the way you stand, impatiently, the way you are dressed... and the way you keep looking about the docks. I'm assuming you have an important meeting with... some associate. probably some illegal business, no doubt but I won't dig deeper because I get the sense, you hate when other people put their nose in your affairs. Anyways, if your business belongs to that ship over there. Then I'm afraid they're all ... well...dead. Most of them anyways..." Kehlani commented pointing to the ship she had just come from.

"Who are you, and what is your business here?"

Kehlani rolled her eyes as this wasn't the first time she had been asked that question. Her eyes stared into the man's eye and a white lie quickly pop into her head.

"I don't get why my name matters but It's Irene. As for what I'm doing in Alliria, that information belongs to me. Just like you, I hate it when people put their nose in things that don't pertain to them." Kehlani explained with half-truth hidden in her answer.

She didn't break a sweat or look away from whoever the man was for she would rather not give away that she had told a little white lie.

"And who are you? I don't care for your business but who you are could be of importance to me. See I'm new to this... Alliria and with the right connection, well I won't be a stranger for long." Kehlani reasoned as she saw no harm in dropping a few crumbs for the man to pick up.

Isak Lavelle

• Popcorn
A snobbing smirk formed on his lips, with the crime lord slowly falling into a straighter posture, almost towering over the strange woman. She really was no ordinary stranger, though she made her wits far too known with the way she ran her mouth, especially to someone as unpredictable and conniving as Isak.

A smart player would never reveal their cards so readily, but Isak had decided upon a small game to entertain themselves in that moment. If she was so keen on trying to guess the kind of man he was, then why not indulge her curiosity?

"Assumptions are dangerous, Irene, especially in a city like this." He spoke, his gloved hands coming together in front of him as he continued to examine the woman. Isak was hardly a man to easily believe anything, especially in matters of identity. People often hid themselves beneath other names, and he suspected that was the case with that woman.

But his entertainment was cut short once she pointed towards the ship he had been looking for, following up with the information that she had murdered those aboard, and very possibly the merchant he was supposed to meet.

If only...

Yes, clarification was slowly coming towards him. Isak widened his eyes for only a short second, glaring at the bloodstained woman. "So, you were his cargo... Very interesting, indeed." Of course, he would've been dragged right into the middle of some unknown and yet dangerously stupid business again, all thanks to that merchant. Well, at least death had served its purpose and Isak was rid of one more headache.

And yet, Irene still pressed forth with her desire for information. He made no effort of covering his short laughter at her words, as she tried to know who he was, and even offering herself as a connection. "Very bold of you to assume that I am of any importance to anyone. But..."

Isak glanced over to the ship where the merchant possibly lay dead again, as a wild gush of wind rocked his coat for a moment. "Let us bargain over a exchange, Irene. If you reveal to me your intentions in Alliria, I shall help you find what you are looking for."

Though such help would not come without further cost. After all, Isak never walked from a deal without the profit to show for his troubles.

Kehlani Emerson

• Dab
Reactions: Kehlani Emerson
"Let us bargain over a exchange, Irene. If you reveal to me your intentions in Alliria, I shall help you find what you are looking for."

"Well, then I must be going. I'm sure I can find some information elsewhere." Kehlani said shortly as she didn't have time for games. If she were to tell this man about what she was doing in a place like the one she was in, surely he would have a target on his head and an endless one at that. She didn't care for the man or anyone else but she also didn't want her ordeal to become anyone else problem.

She wanted to walk away but couldn't as she would probably waste more time looking for another contact. Kehlani sighed and then rolled her eyes as she was actually giving in to the man's request. "There is a man called Gatty, his a menace and I need to find him... so that I can have a ...chat with him." Kehlani worded very carefully as she didn't want to go into the details on why she wanted to murder the brute Gatty.

By now he probably had his own little operation and probably was more dangerous than before but if Kehlani could kill the first two names on her list of vendetta, then Gatty was another name Kehlani would be crossing off her list.

Six names... six people who had betrayed her family... six victims she would brutally kill... and out of the six, four was left. Gatty would make Three. "Now that I have told you why I am here, give me a contact and I will be out of your hair." Kehlani bargained, she knew that once she had given a piece of information like the one she had given, the man would want more from her. More that she would not give.

• Sip
She wouldn't go far, Isak knew as much. People didn't wander deeply into Alliria without the knowledge to back them, especially a stranger like her. An outsider, meat to the lions of the city, no matter how well prepared one looked to be.

But if she truly had decided to turn her back to him, Isak would allow it. She wasn't her trouble, and she had even rid him of his troubles for the night, by killing the merchant and the rest of his mates. And yet, he knew there was something else.

A small glimpse of satisfaction could be seen on his face, with Isak's lips forming into a small twisted smile. That was a game that he had mastered - after all, everyone needed something in Alliria, and he knew just what to provide them, to sate their thirst for blood or coin, maybe even both.

He eyed Irene with curiosity as she reluctantly turned back, finally letting out more details about her goals in the city. She spoke of a name, a familiar one... Gatty. Isak had many circles of people all throughout Alliria, and he heard many names, even if whispers of those names. Gatty wasn't someone he had business with in the past, but knowing his reputation, Isak could see why Irene seemed determined to kill that brute.

Isak closed his eyes for a bit, feeling the chilling caress of the wind once more. In that strange night, he came upon a rather interesting opportunity, and that was something Isak would never let slip past his roughened fingers.

"It is not customary to discuss terms of a deal in the docks, I'm afraid." He broke the silence, a confident smile on his slightly smug face now. She looked determined to have a bargain, and Isak was happy to help with that. "There is a better place to think of this... The Raven Club."

Kehlani Emerson

"There is a better place to think of this... The Raven Club."

"How... quaint." Kehlani held back a giggle. Raven in the culture she grew up around meant something more than just another place for criminal dealings and guest celebration.

"A club name Raven and what's the reasoning behind that name? No, actually don't tell me, I just realize I don't have enough energy to care." Kehlani said sharply as she sighed and looked at Isak expectedly. "what?" She asked as she was a little annoyed at Isak's confident smile. She didn't care that much for it, Kehl just felt as if Isak knew something she didn't but in this case, he knew a lot more than her, so why should it matter?

"wait here..." Kehlani said instantly before disappearing into the dock crowd.

Moments later she would reappear, wear a whole new set of clothing pirate-based and her weapons from The Core on her back. Kehlani was a rugged beauty, for certain but she only used her beauty in the art of killing.

• Sip
Isak was somewhat surprised at her question, though not without the will to answer to it. Truthfully, there was little behind the name 'Raven Club', other than the fact that ravens had always been a fascinating subject of study to him. They weren't just attracted to corpses as one would think, but also were way smarter than people realized and would often take notice of potential threats.

They were shrewd animals, almost never taken by surprise and certainly deadly to their enemies. A description that also fit Isak perfectly.

"You are a bit... unusual, Miss Irene." He responded casually after she so blatantly disregarded her own curiosity on the matter of the Raven Club's origin, seemingly annoyed at his confidence. Isak enjoyed bolstering about his expertises and arrogance, especially to people that he knew wouldn't take kindly to it.

He made no indication to question her request, patiently waiting as she disappeared along the dead of night, returning moments later with new clothes, no doubt stolen from some poor soul. At least he wouldn't have to walk beside a woman drenched in blood.

That would raise a lot of questions along the borough.

"If you are ready then, follow me." Isak spoke, already turning his back and calmly walking back to the main street that gave exit to the docks, noticing a few sideways glances at him and the strange woman on his tail. The populace of Alliria were also very wary about newcomers, or fresh blood to the gutters, as they would say, especially in the Outer City.

Not long after, they had arrived at the doors of the Raven Club, though Isak now halted his steps, which would certainly prompt Irene to do the same. There were two guards covering the entrance, while many patrons still filled the line, waiting for their moment to get inside and enjoy some strong drinks and gambling.

"Keep your blades to yourself, and try not to draw attention. I have a reputation as a respectable business owner to maintain."

Kehlani Emerson

• Popcorn
Reactions: Kehlani Emerson
"Keep your blades to yourself, and try not to draw attention. I have a reputation as a respectable business owner to maintain."

Kehlani smirked somewhat at Isak's comment before making a comment of her own, "If I wanted to attack your pathetic club, I wouldn't do it out in the open and It would be quite easy for me to take down your guards. I've been trained since I could walk, and even though I clearly wouldn't underestimate you, you make yourself an easy target when you flaunt even just a little bit of your power. Should I continue?" Kehlani asked rhetorically as she didn't care if the man held the answers she seek, he was just as easy to insult as anyone else in the world... what made him so special?

Kehlani let her eyes wander along with the building, very well built and even more well disguised. The only things she didn't like were the people and their need to celebrate absolutely nothing.

An unrecognizable man bump past her and with quick reflexes she twisted the man's arm. "give it back or I will twist even more..." Kehlani said with a steep stone glare as the man grunted out words of submission. With her other hand, she took a small dagger from the thief and pushed him away. The thief looked at Kehlani with fear in his eyes "you're crazy..." the man growled.

In response, Kehlani lowered her glare even more flickering the dagger within her hand. The thief back off and disappeared into the crowd continuing on with his day of small crime. "It's hard to respect people when they touch things that aren't theirs," Kehlani said glancing at Isak. She seemed to be in a lower mood than any other day. From getting tortured to dealing with a petty thief, Kehlani was not very much in the mood.

The only reason why she hadn't picked a fight with Isak was that she needed something from him and would rather not enlarge her list of enemies.

• Popcorn
Isak kept his brown eyes trained on the woman as her words poured upon him like an avalanche, though the look on his face gave no evidence that he cared at all for any insults and provocations hurdled his way. From her little showing at the docks and their brief exchange of words there, Isak could tell he had the upper hand on the matter.

The cards had been played into his hands, and he would provide the next move, as Irene seemed too desperate to get the information she sought.

"Please, do continue." He said ironically, shortly before starting his walk towards the large wooden doors of the Raven Club, guarded by two seemingly intimidating men who put aside their hands as soon as Isak stepped close, greeting their boss with a few words that the man couldn't even bother to respond. Such was his way, and the people of Alliria were already well acquainted with Isak's neverending foul mood.

As they entered the Raven Club, Isak and Irene would find the place full to bursting, with all sorts of people trying their luck at the gambling tables or simply enjoying a few drinks with others. There seemed to be a fair bit of noblish looking clients that night, which wasn't at all unusual, as the Raven Club had grown large enough to become a frequent attraction to the rich and pompous men of the Inner City, who would rather drink at peace and conserve their secrets in the rough neighborhoods of the Outer City.

And with such a full house, it didn't take long for the woman to find some trouble for herself, as Isak quietly watched her staredown with some petty thief. She wielded the man's knife with evident expertise, and having known already how easily she had dismissed quite a few men at the docks, Isak could only find her value to be rising by every minute.

After the matter was resolved, Isak called for one of his guards, letting him know that he would have a important meeting and that he was not to be disturbed. The crime lord motioned for Irene to follow him, navigating through the crowd of drunk and overjoyed patrons until they reached the staircase, climbing all the way to upper floor, and going inside Isak's room.

The place was almost... lifeless, as it always was without Eilerias being around. His fiancée was enjoying a vacation with her family. Many short candles burned all around the furniture and walls, enlightening the expensive decorations and highlighting the beauty of the whole room. Without ceremony, Isak made way for Irene to enter the room, before closing the door and walking to his desk, taking a seat on his comfortable chair before eyeing the woman again. With his right gloved hand, he pointed at the free chair, to where the mysterious woman could take a moment to rest.

"Tell me then, Irene... What is your business with this Gatty?"

Kehlani Emerson