Private Tales A chance meeting

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Isabeau

Character Biography
Link
Issy, began to move along the streets of a little village, it was a small stop before she reached the big city to sell her items. She had been visiting some family, well adoptive family and it was time to head home.

Gabby quietly pulled her cart behind her and remained by her mistress's side making sure all was well and Isabeau didn't get herself killed. Isabeau always imaged that Gabby thought of her as a silly woman who acted very strange and perhaps was crazier than the other human's the little Equine had met.

Gabby wouldn't be wrong in this thinking, if she did think that, that is. A deep sigh as she walked along side Gabby, thinking to herself and how much she at times wished she was normal, that the spirits didn't need her as much, but then again if she didn't have this gift, she feared it would leave a black whole, that could never be filled.

A deep shiver started at her belly and worked its way through out her body and up her spine, at just a thought like that. No, she was blessed with this gift and it had saved her life in more than one occasion, no she'd cherish it and make sure that she never abused it. As she moved about, Gabby for some odd reason stomped the ground, this was a sign of Gabby letting her know she was not happy about something.

"What is it girl." She moved to bend down and nuzzle the muzzle of the beast.

"Has something . . . " Right before she could even finish, the hair on the back of her neck stood up and once again that cold chill creeped over her body. She closed her eyes and resting her head against now the forehead of Gabby and whispered.

"Ah, that is what’s wrong." Once again, a spirit had come to visit, and Gabby wasn't thrilled about it. It didn't take long for that familiar breeze of cool air to move about her ear.

"I want to go home." A small faint whisper, of what she could make out as a woman. The feeling of sadness wrapped around those five words, it wasn't negative no, the spirit was just sad, scared and desperate. Issy listened closely to hear if anyone was around her, the voices of the village seemed to be far away, and so she used Gabby once more.

"Where would your home be?" She whispered, looking as if she was speaking into Gabby's ear. Isabeau was a good little actress, she had to be, or she'd be labeled as crazy and be put away in some goddess forsaken place. The whisper once more brushed her ear again.

"I, I don't remember." Isabeau sighed softly, this was going to take longer then she thought.

"Why don't you tell me what you do remember." She whispered again.

• Wonder
Reactions: Asuego 'Susanna'
The ghost wailed and cried, in hushed tones and loud screeched, it floated towards a small grove in the distance where her wailing quieted before returning to Isabeau and leaving again, repeating this notion over and over again for the lass to follow her weeping.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Isabeau
Isabeau gently stroked Gabby’s cheek and whispered into her ear and then turned toward the crying spirit and began to follow it’s harsh sobbing.

“I’m coming.” A whispered reply toward the fleshless soul. Issy’s mind began to slowly piece together things, trying to figure out how she could help this such sad thing.

Gabby, who wasn’t happy at all with her mistress’s new companion let her know with snorts and Whinnies. Issy quietly brushed the steads hair and soothed the beast as best she could as she allowed the spirit to guide her deeper and deeper into the forest.

The idea that this was a safe thing to do, was an obvious no, but Isabeau for some reason was neither scared no worried, things always turned around some way or other, at least it appeared to be.

“Where are you taking me?” Her voice echoed toward the spirit.

• Yay
Reactions: Asuego 'Susanna'
And so the ghost kept wailing. »I ... I don't know,« she repeated.
Her path was quick and brisk as she leads forward onto the woods, returning to stroke cold drifts against the raven hair.

From well-trodden foot, the path turned into a narrow, wild grazer path before finally, gabby's little hoofletts tapped over cobble.
A small, poorly constructed wall of stone stood on the left side and not far from it, a witch's hut; emanating some kind of magic, perhaps foul by some definitions.
Traces of various souls lingered.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Isabeau
Issy arched a brow as she stopped a moment allowing her to gain her sense’s as they were now zinging through her body leaving once more goose bumps on her flesh. She made sure Gabby was alright before she whispered to her to stay and that she was alright.

She took in a deep breath, and with grace made her way with the spirits help toward the witch’s home, she was careful of any traps and followed the advice of the spirits who helped her, until she made herself up the wooden steps. The creaking sound was unavoidable and soon she was at the witch’s door, well at least she thought she was.

She leaned forward and gently rested her hand on the wood, which felt like a door, she took a chance and knocked firmly upon it and waited.