Staff 30 Day Projects

Kasim Areth

The Prodigal Son
Character Biography
Link
Hello all! I'm abusing my staff privelage to get a little something going that this community did once before in it's early days; 30 Day Projects.

The idea behind this is farily simple in concept; people sign up and over the course of 30 days(or one month) they complete whatever goal they want to set for themselves.

These goals or projects can be literally anything, though are meant to be challenges/things that for some reason you haven't yet done.

Some examples include but are not limited to;
  • Drawing for 15 minutes once every single day to practice
  • Exercising for an hour every day
  • Writing the first five chapters of a book
  • Completing a characters story arc
  • Learning to program a Raspberry Pi into an emulator
  • Learning to cook two new things every week
These are a few of the past ones people have done off the top of my head. It's absolutely not limited to this and I encourage everyone to pick their own thing.

The idea behind this is that when you pick your goal, you know that others are also attempting to work on their own goals at the same time. This creates a sense of community and almost responsibility so we can chat and talk about how our goals are actually going. I've personally found it surprise helpful in the past and it's a fun way of improving yourself slightly.

Im unsure of what my own project will be but I plan to start this through the month of July.

Until then I encourage folk to post here or ping me on discord and I'll create a list of goals/projects people want to do. If you'd rather it be private that's okay too!

List of Projects:
Netherworld - Do an anatomy study every day following proko's lessons.
Ceit - Write at least one article a week for himself

Last edited:
Sounds good! Naturally my body is a temple so there's no more need of extra exercise on top of that but I would like to write more.

Most of the writing I do these days is boring content stuff while freelancing so writing more for myself is something I think I shall focus on for July. Even if it's only one article a week, that's still better than a kick in the teeth.

Naturally my body is a temple so there's no more need of extra exercise on top of that
proxy.php

Technically I'm already doing this now, but I'm trying to brush up on Spanish and get back to the point of being able to have very simple conversations. Seems possible to do by the end of July. Then after that, hopefully get to the point of maybe being able to write posts in Spanish to annoy everyone.

Unreal! Remember, 10 minutes everyday is better than 70 minutes one day a week. I used to always cheat a bit when studying languages by settling down to watch a film or telly in the language. Best of luck with it!

Not bragging when it's true ;)

• Yay
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
I've been in a real mood to blitz post Heike. Maybe try to get another 100 posts under her belt in the next 30 days.

Goal: 341 messages by Sept. 8

Edit: 293. Fell short of that, fell short of even breaking 300, but at least I got a move on with Heike.

Last edited:
I work out daily, i been trying to do X amount of push ups everyday with an eventual goal of 100+ a day.

In sets of x of course.

On average I do about 30 push ups a day, I'm in fairly good shape. But to MAKE SURE i do this non stop for a month or so would be a very interesting challenge. So yeah, I am able to do more working every day here hopefully that can contribute to this project. And good luck to all of you also taking on your own challenges.

• Yay
Reactions: Ceit