Private Tales Years in The Dust

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Rhiannon

(This is a lore thread for the Kingdom of Ravaryn and the Deamonkin set northwest of the Falwood, as such I will be soloing in its lore writing unless someone wants to join in on the demon-lycan making madness and founding of a noble Kingdom of Monster Hunters and monsters themselves)

A cold winter breeze blew over the small castle and its surrounding village as a winter storm approach their keep. On the wall of the village stood a somber man, thick furs lined his dark cloak and a silver sword was sheathed at his side. His deep grey eyes watched the rolling clouds edging ever so closer.

Another man walked up beside him, "My lord Ravaryn, the storm is quickly approaching. You should leave else you lose your nose." The short man tells his lord with a slight bow.

"I will not leave as I have stated. Tis but a winter storm, nothing else." The Lord Rvaryn tells his young steward who nods his head and looks out over the horizon.

"You made the deal have you?" The young man asks his Lord looking nervous.

Lord Ravaryn nods his head, "I did my boy. It is the only want for us to win against the beasts and monsters that haunt the world and to protect our people from more human threats." He explains in a voice that sounded rough and aged, even though the Lord himself did not look so.

Lord Ravaryn's long hair blew back as another gust of strong wind slammed into the pair. "Soon all of us who are deemed to be hunters shall be at odds with demons and vampires. With sirens and harpies and with the giants within the Spine."

The steward looks nervously up at his lord, with his eye betraying the fact, "My Lord what have you done?"

"Only what was necessary to protect the kingdom we will build up over generations." Lord Ravaryn answer stoutly as he turns and heads back into chamber leading back into the castle. Just as large flakes of black snow started to fall softly upon the earth.

As they walked down the cold stone stairs Ravaryn asks, "How is my wife?"

The steward answers just as quickly, "Tis been almost a day since her labor pains began my lord. Not much word from the women and nurses tending to her ladyship."

Ravaryn was nervous but his wife was a strong and independent woman. She herself kicked him out of the room after he refused to see to the needs of their newly born kingdom. "Please go stay nearby, I will be in my study occupying myself."

"As you wish my Lord." The steward quickly runs off once they reached the bottom of the stairs and towards the scream and groans of a tired and pained woman. Leaving Ravaryn to do as he had said and gone to his study which was a little way off from the chamber that held his wife and their unborn child.

Ravaryn collapsed into his chair running his hands through his hair, "May the Gods give her strength." He whispers a prayer into his held together hands. After the quick prayer, he would open his book and read the letters, words, and holy script written over them.

In blood.​

He would sigh thinking of his own choice to do this to his kin and people. They were tired from the fights, tired of their family being turned into vampires, or coming back soulless or possessed without any hope for their recovery. They came to him with their complaints and their worries, and he did his best to satiate them. But in the end, when a whole town became infected within a night, the king had to act.

In doing so he sold his own child to become what he had arranged with their gods and other children after. At first, they would be the strongest, but in time their power will naturally fade. He mourned for his child's future in what he would have to endure. But Ravaryn himself was the one who would start the process with the other houses and lord.

"Please hear my prayer Abbon, Halch, Merke, Therg. Let my child be born with both mother and child safe. I have offered you so much, just this one favor is all I ask."

The lighting in the room went dark as the candles went out and everything went completely dark, the wind outside stopped. The storm seemed to be over.

There was a knock on the door and a woman rushes in looking incredibly happy as she bowed to Ravaryn who shakes his head signaling her to not do such a thing. The woman looked exhausted and her dark hair a complete mess.

She was about to say something when Ravaryn had already found his way out of his study and into the dark chamber which his wife used for her confinement.

Laying in the bed was his beautiful wife. Her long black hair tied up in a bun and her still bright green eyes looked up at him from the child in her arms, wrapped up in nice warm and clean cotton cloth.

Ravaryn lets out a laugh of joy as tears flooded his vision as he approached his wife's bedside and look down on their baby. Their son. Nothing was wrong with him in the slightest.

"We have to name him Ravaryn." His wife tells him looking at their child also adjusting the cloth a little bit.

"Aye but that can wait, let's savor this moment Merya." He tells her kissing her head and stroking their baby's cheek.

Last edited:
The happy couple would name their first child, Roan. After one of his great grandparents who was an accomplished warrior who died fighting monsters. Just as all those who took the silver did, as they had done for decades before and will do so for decades after.

Ronan grew up quite well, he was never a sickly child but a strong and clever one. The child would become their first Deamonkin and the first one the world had seen. All due to his father's deal with the Dark Ones.

When Ronan was eighteen years old he decided to take the silver, but his father had one condition and it was to give Ronan's blood to all the others who wished to take to the silver. For they would inevitably be killed or come back infected or possessed by a deeper demon.

Ronan would look into his father's eyes with a questioning look then he would reluctantly agree. By now the lords and ladies of each household had an idea as to what they had in store for their children who decided to go the hunter route. Each of them was raised knowing what their king had done for them.

Some opposed it but many embraced it, as it added extra protection for those who were on the front lines hunting monsters. It did not take long for that positive opinion to take hold as more people came back from their hunts and battles with trophies and tales of victories.

However, deep in the confines of the Kingdom's fortress there laid a dark secret.