Private Tales Ye of Little Faith

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Palm's cheeks grew in rising heat as he made his suggestive comment. She hadn't a clue how to respond to such remarks so as she felt her knees go weak she kept on cooking praying the heat of the stove would disguise her blushing. But deep down she knew it wouldn't, after all what kind of heat only targets ones cheeks?

She giggled, "No, just you I am afraid." She watched as he ate hoping it was good. Growing up in a desert like she did, the food was either overly spiced or sandy and bland. Palm opted for a plain meal in hopes not to kill his taste buds with the few exotic spices she'd managed to scrounge up.

"Silence."
She told Orion sweetly, "I am sparing nothing. Besides I can not eat it all myself." Palm got up, her linen dress swooshing as she did as the woman walked with a purpose to her fruit basket. She'd grab a melon and slice it up for the two of them.

Orion

(Guess we are both late at replies, eh? lol I'm sorry as well, had family visit.)

Indulging in the food she'd provided him, Orion chose to give up on teasing her for the time being. He hadn't realized just how hungry he was until he'd taken that first bite, and now the majority of his attention rested on his meal. It wasn't just the injury that had caused his hunger; Orion had undoubtedly been neglecting his own needs for some time, as would be evident to anyone who'd seen as much of him as Palmyra had. It was apparent that he hadn't been eating enough, and while he was clean it looked as though he was covered in scars.

"Well then, I must admit I feel the slightest bit special, receiving all of this treatment from you. Perhaps in time, I will find a means of repaying my debt." That was, of course, including having his life pulled from the clutches of death. At the time he'd almost loathed her for saving him, but the longer they spoke the more Orion felt as if maybe it truly wasn't his time after all. The eggs and toast were finished in no time flat, and by the time Palmyra was slicing the fruit for them, he was already clean of plate and awaiting more.

"Humor me though. Since you are in charge of my care, how long do you expect me to be sedentary? Your presence is certainly not disliked, but I find myself wanting a bit more movement. I will do as you say, however."

Palmyra Creze

"There is not a debt to repay?" Palmyra responded to him confused. It wasn't like she was an inn or tavern with a tab. She felt a tad bit of guilt for making him feel as if there was, as much as she tried to keep a poker face her face fell a tad crestfallen.

She finished cutting up her fruit before her eyes fell on the empty plate and her face lit up in a jovial smile. "That is a good sign! Appetite means recovery." the healer exclaimed excitedly at this new-found discovery. She set the freshly sliced fruit onto his empty plate happily.

"Two more days." Palmyra said matter-o-factly. "Two more days of rest; then we will work on your rehabilitation, yes?" The way he buckled at the knees the first time he attempted to stand may have been the fatigue of his body but it also might've been from lack of use and he risked more danger not practicing his muscles.

Palmyra sat down beside him and brushed some locks out of his face, "I like your presence as well Orion." she said softly and a bit shyly.

Orion

Last edited:
"You misunderstand." Orion began before bringing a piece of the fruit to his lips, eyes sliding shut as he slid it around the surface of his tongue. In lieu of a drink, the juiciness of the fruit against the back of his throat felt especially nourishing to him. Swallowing, he continued. "You saved me from a rather unfortunate end, and are nursing me to health of your own goodwill. I am not the type to allow such a gesture to go unrewarded." Orion hadn't had anybody or anything genuinely good happen to him in quite some time. Perhaps it was folly, but he couldn't just accept such kindness so easily.

He lets his words hang in the air for a moment as he continues to eat the plump fruit she'd provided. Fresh food was nearly nonexistent in Trastus; he'd sustained himself on non-perishable or canned goods that the Academy had stored in case of an emergency. To have such succulent delights had him somewhat glad he'd been injured. Well, no more so than Palmyra's attention. The woman had a way of awakening something inside of him that had been long dormant.

He felt the bed shift as she lowered to sit beside him, and his head turned to face her. "Two days?" His brow creased. No, that was much too long. He would go even madder than he already was if he stayed in bed that long. Plus, his runes would need to be refreshed in one day. Of course, he doubted Palmyra would refuse to help him with that. "Certainly that's an overreaction. It was merely an arrow to the shoulder, was it not?" He was no doctor or healer, but his legs felt fine... albeit admittedly weaker than normal. What had happened? Was that arrow coated in something? He supposed it was definitely a possibility.

His head tilts to the side as he feels her hand run across his cheek, a small smile forming on his lips as her touch distracts him from such worries. "Trust me, Palmyra, I could definitely tell. Your body, your aura... it speaks for you beyond words..."

Palmyra Creze

• Devil
Reactions: Palmyra Creze
Palm raised her slender hands in defeat, "If you insist." She was merely giving him a false win to end the issue. A smile creeped to her lips regardless.

He looked upset at her diagnosis. "It was..." she exhaled. "But I brought you back, Maskat brought you back, from a state where you should've died." It was hard to explain. Orion was very much alive when she found him but without the Goddess' gift's he would've died, there was no way for modern medicine to bring him back. He was merely clinging to the small strands of life he still had, a feat no normal man could accomplish. It was a curious state Palm had found him in.

"We could try later." Palm told him conceding to his point. If he believed he was capable she was not to stop him, in the words of the elder who taught her the ways of medicine 'patients often must learn the hard way.' Orion would either prove her wrong or right, either way it was an answer to his condition.

Palm's face turned flirtatious at his words. "Does it..?" she countered tugging at her lower lip a bit. Her hand moved down from his face to his chest resting there. Palm hadn't the slightest idea why this man made her lose all her virtue but she couldn't resist. Goddess above help her when he found himself fully recovered.

Orion

Her words seemed to take a moment to churn within the confines of Orion's mind, and his eyes slowly closed shut once more. Maskat... it was an unfamiliar name, but one he'd heard even before his encounter with Palmyra. Yes, he recalled a student of his who'd written a very intriguing essay regarding such a character. "So... I would have bled out, is what you mean to say? I had no chance of recovery without your... Maskat?"

It wasn't as though he himself knew of what condition she'd found him in; even before the pain had caused him to lose consciousness, Orion had been having an unfortunate episode. He may have seemed mostly sane to Palmyra now, but when his grip on his own mind faltered, things had a tendency to go very badly. In that moment, he remembered wishing for death. So brazenly had it refused him that he was now forced to look at things in a somewhat different light.

"I trust your judgment, Palmyra. I only worry about... Well, there are certain things that I must do. I am sure you noticed the black markings on my body?" She'd undressed him from the waist up, so there was no chance she'd missed the odd marks. Orion looked down at them, sighing ever so slightly. "They are runes, designed to keep my magical energy restrained enough to stem its effect on my mind." She was going to learn soon enough, especially if they were to spend two days together. "I'm losing it, you know. My mind. I don't remember exactly where I was before you saved me, only that I was surrounded by death. Death that I had wrought. I'm a danger to myself and everybody around me..."

Despite his words of warning, his raised a hand to rest against her cheek, his thumb softly running along the side of her face. "I get the feeling that you do not see me as such though... I find myself wanting to know what you see, when you look down at me. Alas, If I am to remain here for days, I should wish to rest. I already grow restless..."

He relaxed, seeming to loosen his muscles. He wouldn't be able to sleep, and he would be dreadfully bored, but what else was there to be done but wait, to bide his time?

Palmyra Creze