Private Tales Wolves At the Door

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Alright." Jorg said as he shifted slightly.

It was an odd, almost unnoticeable thing, but the way he moved seemed to change slightly. He seemed to stand almost a bit taller, walk a bit straighter. An air projected from around himself, something that spoke of authority and command.

Jorg moved confidently, stepping alongside Silver and just a little bit ahead of her. Slowly they moved towards the fortress, and as they came into view the first shouts began to go up into the air.

One of the soldiers noticed them first, then a few others, and by the time they reached the front of the old Fortress an officer was waiting with a group of men who had drawn their swords. "Hail!"

Jorg called out.

"I do not know who you are but I am thankful for your presence! A monster came the night before, attacked us in our own home." The soldiers seemed to untense slightly as he spoke. "We barely managed to escape and fled in case there were any more."

For a brief moment silence reigned, and then the officer stepped forward.

"I am lieutenant Jakill, we are sorry for picking through your home, we thought those inside were already dead. The General will want to meet you."​

Silver straightened up too. She'd had to play the role of nobility in the past and it wasn't difficult for her to slip into the persona of the woman she'd imagined that had lived in the keep, with all of her pretty things.

She let Jorg speak and stepped in close beside him, a hand resting on his arm as she stared at the burning keep and her eyes were glassy with tears as she pressed her hand over her mouth. It was their home, their worldly possessions, their lives and their wealth.. The tears spilled as she looked to Jackill..

"We couldn't get to our horse, is she alright?.." she asked in panic. "Have any more of those monsters come?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Jorg
"Your horse is alright, My Lady."

The officer immediately assured Silver, clearly having dealt with the lash of noble tongues before and doing his best to avoid receiving such again. Of course neither Jorg nor Silver would have any real authority, even if they truly owned this keep, but that didn't matter much.

"What of our possessions? Our home?" Jorg sounded panicked, though in truth he didn't particularly care.

"Ah, I'm sorry My Lord but I'm afraid most of the Castle has been burnt out."

Jorg shook his head, though stayed quiet as they approached a man wearing gilded black and gold armor. He straightened slightly. "Ah you must be General..."

The man turned towards him, his face lighting up slightly. He was a young man, younger than Jorg though not by much.

"Vellek, My Lord. I am terribly sorry about what has happened here. My men and I were sent to contain the beasts but I'm afraid we failed."