Private Tales Winter's Odyssey: The Fellowship of Two

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
*Fyzenguard put on a smile, as Bjarke had spoke of marriage. For some reason Fyzenguard had a burning feeling that there wouldn't be any marriage between them. Was it the Fystendnaldymer blood, or a false feeling.* "I'll be glad to show up to the wedding. Can't miss something like that, and if I do its purpouse would be far more important then yourself. I tried to be nice, but the bitch you are, it seems i can't bee" *After saying so Fyzenguard took another sip of his ale, finishing the last of it off before letting his pointer and middle finger hold it as he swung it around softly. Being respectable his smile never left, as he let the pitcher of ale swing through his fingers before he felt Asgrids hand on his chest*

*A little confused he looked down to Asgrid, she felt his heart, strong and proud underneath his shirt and flesh. A heart which heated the whole body. Bjarke had a heart that let everyone know that, he was about to drop a few degrees colder and start something. Feeling her hands leave his chest, his free hand brushed through his hair softly before she took his hand and lead him away from Bjarke which honestly was a good idea knwoing a fight could start eventually, and Fyzenguard wouldn't have been the first one to strike as it wasn't in his nature to start fights prematurely. As Asgrid lead Fyzenguard, many people were there. Brundle and his daughter were seen up on the stage giving off a speech to the people. How everything was becoming more plentiful and there would be an upgrade in armor as they began to mine more in certain locations*

*As they arrived to the drinking halls Fyzenguard put his mug up and began to fill it* "I wouldn't miss a chance not to see you. Especially since I have been gone for a few long months. Well that is in wich you are right, I did come back to you. You know its special when you just being around someone can make them feel better. Makes me feel special" *He said putting his mug down and then filling her a goblet of wine* "Bjarke's a little prick" *He said quietly* " I tried to be nice. But he mocks my family. One day he will lose his head, eventually men like that will be put out from their silver thrones and piked on the spears of justice. Law and order. Don't you agree? In fact I heard his father is illegally shipping out our gold coins to other civilization for better profit and alliance. Secret secret stuff, however I only learned as the ship that had taken me to the elven lands happened to be the same ship that was shipping them off"

"I tried to be nice. But he mocks my family. One day he will lose his head, eventually men like that will be put out from their silver thrones and piked on the spears of justice. Law and order. Don't you agree? In fact I heard his father is illegally shipping out our gold coins to other civilization for better profit and alliance. Secret secret stuff, however I only learned as the ship that had taken me to the elven lands happened to be the same ship that was shipping them off"

"He mocked my family too but I have a feeling that as much as I want to see him die from the blade of justice. Things will get worse, only to get better. I've known of this secret shipping for quite sometime but I never brought it up because it would bring an unnecessary conflict to the people of Winterguard. Even though their king is a ruthless tyrant and the son of the king is a heartless scum... The Winterguard people are innocent." Asgrid said.
"Ah, there you are... Asgird it time for a dance." came Bjarke's voice which made her jump a little. She wasn't scared of him but hated when he came out of nowhere. "ahh Fyzenguard, I see you with my future wife. You will have to excuse... now Asgrid come." Bjarke said with a little bit of command in his voice. She looked at Fyzenguard for a moment longer and then turn to leave with Bjarke. It had seemed Bjarke was going to do everything in his willpower to separate the two. A few moments later and couples took their places on the ballroom floor even Ingrid and Pilsner took a place. Asgird and Bjarke were in the middle only to be the certain of attention next to Ingrid and Pilsner who smiled at them both... Asgrid grimaced.
The music began and the dancing went on... Asgird's head was swimming with thoughts and Pilsner was happy with his dance partner. The music picked up the pace and so did the people but as it picks up pace people began to circle around Asgird and Bjarke as they became more entertained with their moves until Bjarke spun Asgird out only to pull out a golden lace ring. Asgrid widens her eyes as she stopped and saw the huge surprise that Bjarke planned for the night.
everyone started cheering and Asgird began to go into a state of panic. Ingrid was smiling and Asgird could hear her own heartbeat. As Asgird's feelings of doubt and stress bubbled over her eyes began to glow a little with a warm tingling sensation. She grabbed her forehead and squeezed her shoulders as the cheering continued but Ingrid stopped because she knew very well what was happening. she was making her way over to her daughter figure when Asgird finally let go. "No...." Asgird shouted as the windows of the room shattered and Ingrid was blowback by Asgird's great force. Pilsner caught her with his body and the guest began to scream. "SHE A WITCH... RUNNN... AHHH.." all came flooding around and all Asgird could think to do was... run.
and so she did. She turned on her heels and ran for the entrance as the ball erupted into chaos. Bjarke stood and shouted for someone to catch her but even the guard didn't want to be close to such a dangerous person. Asgird busted out of the room and ran for a palace exit. She didn't know where she was going but she would run until she couldn't.
No one knew where she went or how to find her... not even Fyzenguard. She was gone and Ingrid didn't know when she would come back. and like Asgird said before, things would get worse before they got better. Bjarke had put out a bounty for Asgird and Ingrid became very ill. Would Ingrid survive and what happened to Asgird? Would she ever figure out her history or was this just one of many paths toward who she really was? So it all fell down to our heroic warrior Fyzenguard...

"I wouldn't care, a boy and tyrant like that should be kicked from the throne. Their stealing from us, and father dosn't even know about it. Eventually I will have both their lifes, and blood on my sword. i can almost promise it one day" *Fyzenguard said in a whisper but was as calm as he could be. He was never one to explode, and become angered. He just had that special little feeling that radiated, that everyone could feel. It helps him, his image in what others see from him. That however was totally different from what Fyzenguard had seen in himself.*

*Hearing Bjarke Fyzenguard took a step back, it wasn't his place to stand in the middle of both, or was it? As a old elf told him, nothing happens by accident, everything happens for a reason. Fyzenguard took that to heart, and believed it. Thinking like that meant, that a person could make their own obsticals, and find their own paths through challenges.* "Aye, I wish you both a very good dance" *And with a small smile he walks back and then leans on a wall. Keeping an eye on Bjarke so he didn't hurt his sister, but also looking around*

*After a small while, those lighting blue eyes, full of energy but kept dim looked around until he looked up at the stairs case to see someone special walk down. Not only was he confused, but he was surprised as he watched young Tyra come down. She might not have been dressed like Asgrid, but she was beautiful in her own way. Not everything had to be perfect, not shiny and flashy. Its the exact reason why Fyzenguard wore black, to show his independence and fortitude of differenteality . later in his life it would be symbolized as he was a partaker in the darker meanings of life. A conflict of both evil and good, but yet being somehow in-between the both.*

*Fyzenguard watched slowly as she had come down the steps, dressed in darker colored clothing with almost seemingly dark and flashy gems or pebbles. Tyra walked up to him, and gave a small twirl showing him her dress* "Now how could a young maid like you get such a beautiful dress." *She smiled, then sitting next to him but before she could say anything both heard the scream of Asgrid and a sudden blast from the windows. Fyzenguard shot up, and went to reach for his sword, but of course he didn't bring it for the traditional gathering. Some call it balls, but it was more then just that.*

*Trya and Fyzenguard hadn't known what happened, but as he watched his sister run out of the room he went running himself* "Wait!" *Exclaimed Tyra but Fyzenguard wouldn't stop. By the time he got to the door, and looked out, Asgrid was gone. For the next few hours, Fyzenguard was alone now, in the banquet room. The glass now was cleaned up, and was going to be replaced in the mornings. Tyra came up to Fyzenguard, seemingly out of no where and sat down* "I...sorry she ran away. The guards will find her, she will be back." *They both went quite, Tyra sighed before looking up to Fyzenguard* "You know I was going to ask you to dance with me, but its...to late now isn't it" *Within the next few moments Fyzenguard took her hand, and danced against the cold winds, with not a word said at all.*

*The next day a council meeting was given in the private war chambers of the king. Unique weapons and armors were hung up on the stone walls, torches a blaze and men sweating in the heat of conversation* "I knew it was a bad idea Pilsner, I told you never to fall in love with Ingrid and that witch child" *Pilsner looked to the councilmen and clentched his teeth with his mouth closed standing* "Your a lier, you didn't even know the girl had abilities like the elfs" *And with the word most of the council men raised their voices yelling at the king, trying to change his mind of finding the girl. She couldn't have gone to far, and horsemen have been sent out looking for her*

*Fyzenguard was in the back of all this chaos, leaned back in his chair and watching. Pilsner looked to Fyzenguard and yelled* "SILENCE! You fools. Fyzenguard what do you have to say" *Fyzenguard looked fiercly at the Councilmen before standing and coming into the light* "I have a damn thing to say. Father, not only are the houses of Winterguard stealing our currency, and taking it to other lands, but the Councilmen are in with the deal." *They suddenly explode pointing and yelling names at Fyzenguard. He stood there* "You little pest. LIER!" *Fyzenguard was calm, but wanted to cut every mans head off here excpet his fathers. Fyzenguard sheathed his sword and everyone went quite, even Pilsner* "You all are fools, fathers right. Your cheaters, liers. I've seen you all pray on the lonely virgins in the castle, while you are even married. You men are not of Fystendonaldhymer, you are like the men from the west and south. Dirty little shits. You all are so weak, but you play mind tricks. Well I'm done with them"

*Pilsner nods, and seemed a little disturbed at what Fyzenguard had said. Fyzenguard had no proof himself, but it would make sense of why all their gold, Silver and jewels were suddenly disappearing.* "Silence Fyzenguard" *Pilsner said standing and holding the side of his chair now* "Is this true Councilmen?" *Most shook their heads, and one said* "No of course not" *Pilsner walked up to the older looking man, grey beard, dressed finly. With one sudden strike, the mans head had come clean off and Pilsner looked down* "You all are traitors." *They all screamed and began to run to the doors* "Guards, don't let them out" *the two guards nods and stood their posts.* "Fyzenguard...kill them"

*The death of the councilmen scoured the lands quickly which had shown the Winterguard house that they were either found out, or the councilmen did something stupid. Fystendonaldhymer was a blaze, the kingdom lasted over 200 to 300 years now with councilmen. The first few generations were fine, and loyal but after everything soured after they wanted to dethrone the king and come to complete power. Pilsner was reading his arms to fight against Winterguard, and the search for Asgrid was still going on. Pilsner Posted Fyzenguard out with a large group of new knights to look for her on horse. They traveled farther up north for their first few days, and began to ride the shores of the seas*

proxy.php

It had been years since the winter solstice accident and the missing dame of Fystendonaldhymer was still missing. She had left the north and decide to head south to a place she could... restart but it was only a continuation of her journey. With the bounty on her head, it was hard to find a ship but once she did, she kept her head down not even looking at... the stars. At night she would sulk and cry as she would try to wipe away the feeling of shame and doubt but the monster of fear continue to attack her. Why was she scared and of who? she was afraid of herself and didn't want to bring harm to anyone else. Her power made her an outlaw... different from most... but what could she change to blend in. She wasn't a young woman anymore and the poster which showed off her face wasn't exactly accurate but if observed closely people would know who she was.
"Land I tell ye... Land ho..." Shouted a crewmate from above. Asgrid was too busy watching the water to hear anything. Her hair was a dark shade of auburn and her eyes weren't as light as they were before. She seemed to mature into a rebel beauty and her name to many others had changed. The crew knew her as Selfire as rouged rebel beauty who didn't take much. The best thing about being on a pirate ship was that no one cared about your past, it was only about what was ahead and so Asgird didn't have to worry about hiding herself. "Selfire... my love. Are you alright?" asked captain Nicholas of the southern squid. "just have a lot of things on my mind is all. Nicholas... thank you..." Asgrid said as she turned to Nicholas and gave him a kiss. She had grown close to captain but there was still a distance between them as a secret... Asgrid's secret still loomed around the couple.
She hadn't known that she could fall in love with two people as some part missed Fyzenguard but the other had fallen for the rebel captain Nicholas. "We have reached the kingdom of Badivaria, my home kingdom. After spending most of my days in Fystendonaldhymer it is time that I return back here. It was nice to enjoy the winter there but it's time to come back to a greener place." Nicholas said with a small smile which got Asgrid to smirk. "Well if you must know... I've always wanted to travel to such a place. Fystendonaldhymer had some good connections with this place and the history of how it became a kingdom is something quite interesting. It's so peaceful here, there might be problems, yes but it is peaceful." Asgrid said kissing Nicholas once more before pulling apart. "now stop worrying about me and get back to your duties captain." Asgird said which made Nicholas nod. "are you sure you don't want to be captain?" asked Nicholas rhetorically before walking off towards the wheel.
A few hours later and the ship was docked. Shipping goods from Fystendonalhymer was unloaded while Badivarian goods were load. Asgrid or rather Selfire helped oversee this. The Squid was a pirate ship but was one of the few that had the honor and only stole from bad people. The crew were more of traders and adventures but also had the core and skills of pirates or was that every regular pirate?

*Four years had passed, and within those years are in which the kingdom of Fystendolandhymer had become quite once again. Without the councilmen, who plotted against the king, everything had come to peace once more, or for at least a small amount of time. The war between Winterguard and the kingdom of Fystendonaldhymer only lasted a few months. The army's of Fystendonaldhymer rushed through the gates, killing, slaughtering, but it was for justice. Bjork and his father were then dethroned, his father was hung for war crimes. Bjork was the forced into exile, to feed himself from the grounds, becoming a cook for Fystendonaldhymer and perhaps, when the boy grew to his thirty's he would regain a little of his family inheritance.*

*At the end of the war, a large party was held. All the lords from the 7 citys of fystendonaldhymer had come together. Fyzenguard participated in the war, he started as just a soldier and slowly made his way up. Soldiers began to respect the young boy and his talents over the sword and his tactical advantages. After that, battle after battle had come. From the deserts of the south, to men seeking out the power and legends of the land. However most didn't know that the prime of Fystendonaldhymer had passed hundreds of years ago, before the great wars of Sorceron, a necromantic tyrant never seen again.*

*Time after time he Fyzenguard had gone to see Tyra. She was pregnant now, not with his child of course. As Fyzenguard was away she had met a younger boy who had worked for the masons. Ever since that time, he had stopped going to see her. She didn't need him, even if they were friends. If they had meet each other in the castle they may have spoke to each other. It hurt a little bit to see her like that, but it was his fault. Tyra and Fyzenguard had grown close but not it crumbled softly. Everyone began to become afraid of the young man, he never was around anymore. Always off doing something, fighting in one of his fathers wars, going out to each city to learn of news.*

*Fyzenguard worked none stop for the first three years, and sitting one day he realized a question Asgrid had asked him. Which way would he go explore, besides farther north.* "East" *The words flooded through his head, and he figured out that is what he would do. Right away he had gotten ready, his father approved, and he was off to explore, to become an adventurer. The sea was more dangerous then anything on the lands, monsters were seen that some men would never hear off. After all the war, now what he had seen on his travels made him scared of what really could be outside of the world. It gave him somewhat of an advantage, and thats when he returned home after six months, and began to read the forgotten books of Randlefog. This man was some sort of, alchemist, or botanist. He had drawings, and many books of creatures, things of shadow, things hidden underneath the earth. Fyzenguard still figured he had 4 more months of freedom left before he went back to working for his father.*

*Fyzenguard sent himself on a second expedition, to a place called Badivaria in the west. This was a chance to meet this part of the world that he had never been to. They arrived around 4:48 in the early morning, the sun had not come up yet. Yet Fyzenguard was seen leaning against the railing of the ship, ships of power and might. Carvings of birds, dragons and mermaids were seen on these ships. They were special, Fystendonaldhymer was the first place that men had created boats, with the help of the elvs thousansd of years ago.* "Prince Fyzenguard, we are arriving to Badivaria. When we arrived do we stay on ship or..." *Fyzenguard turned softly, and gave a smile* "You men deserve better then to sleep in a vessle. We have been traveling a few weeks. Use the gold my father had gave us for the trip to buy rooms in, inns and taverns. Treat yourself well, its an order"

*Fyzenguard fully turned and the man nodded, and gave a soft bow. A smile was put to Fyzenguards face as they docked, it had been to early but it was no matter. Within the hour of docking they hired guards to protect the ship, stand and post there so no theives thought of stealing anything. Fyzenguard still often thought of Asgrid, he didn't know if she died, he didn't know if she lived. If she lived she was probably like Tyra now, found a man better then him to have a family and live with. It was no matter, things like that didn't hurt him, he hadn't much care for wemon, or relationships. He was only striving for his goals, for strength and knowledge which is the reason why he is here.*

*After everything was settled and payed for Fyzenguard walked in through the inn. There were old men, sleeping, drunk, and would feel worse in the mornings unless they had good genes. Fyzenguard patted a few of them on their backs, must have been hard workers. Next thing he opened his eyes to his room now, old red wood furnature, beding nice. He simply plopped down on the bed, and was out cold, sleeping as hard as dead men do*

The ship was empty now, the crew had gone to treat themselves for a few day's time before their captain would strike up another quest of a sort, and Asgrid or rather Selfire would find herself resting at the rail of The Squid. "It's been four years, you're not in the north anymore... this is a chance to start new, to be someone else... to be Selfire. Asgrid is no more..." She whispered to herself as the name, her name Asgird hanged heavy on her lips and mind. It was of value, even now... but Asgrid didn't want to hold that value any longer... so Selfire would be a nice replacement.
Asgrid stepped away from the railing and made her way to the captain's room, she still had to tell him but would he ever know. It was her secret to keep and she should have to share a past she wanted to forget. "witch... witch child..." those names marked her back and her mind... she couldn't escape them. As she reached the door, she knocked, and upon hearing her sweet knock Nicholas open the door to greet her. "come... let go to a tavern. It's nearby and a lot of new travelers go there." Nicholas said as if he read her mind. He was so humorous and underestimated... it was what made him dangerous as a captain of the sea. His life story was of another kind, horrifying and the ugly truth of life.
Nicholas was rugged and had scars upon his body that were left by his traumatic childhood. The peachiness of his skin was faded as was the light in his eyes. "are you going to keep staring at me or are you going to give me an answer?" Nicholas said drawing Asgrid out of her deep thoughts. "Sorry... it's just your features draw a lot of attention... tells a lot of history. Anyways, you should know my answer by know, plus its your home kingdom... shouldn't you show it off to the lady on your arm?" asked Asgrid with a quick sharpness which made Nicholas chuckle.
"Alright... you got me." Nicholas said before pulling Asgrid close. "we could just stay on the ship..." Nicholas said grinning and in responses Asgrid playfuly rolled her eyes. "Nicholas... that sounds great but I would love to see your hometown. I know, bad things happened but I will be right next to you. No one can harm you or me..." Asgrid said kissing his cheek.
Nicholas nodded and then took her hand. "I know just the place that we can start with. I has drinks too..."

*Come high morning, the sun had rose beautifuly as it shined down to everyone in the tavern and even the city. The sounds of mens voices were heard downstairs, rumbiling, laughing, playing, and ready for a new day. Fyzenguard wasn't ready, not yet. Slowly he lifted out of bed awaking...but with a sweat. Was it a bad dream last night. It suprsied him because he had never sweat while waking up, but he was now in a different place. Getting up in his underwear and looking outside, there wasn't any morning, it was already high noon. Doors were heard opening besides his room. All the sailors from his ship had just awakened, traling out of their beds.* "Gods, guess I should go downstairs to?" *If he wanted to eat and drink he did*

*Soon steps were heard on these newer looking stairs, a nice red oak smell was radiating off the freshly cut and placed in stairs. Upon arriving into the lower part of the tavern which held the bar all Fyzenguards men looked up and raised their mugs* "Come Prince, come and drink for the afternoons pledge, weary thy of ones to sleep" *Fyzenguard smiled softly and passed the man who said that, and patted his back* "I will, pations my men. I am going to bath first." *His hand left the sailors back. They all looked back to Fyzenguard, strangly as if he hadn't acted as normal.*

*The next hour or so was spent on cleaning himself, and laying back breathing in the hot mist of the water. Something hadn't felt right this morning, or was it just because the prince was tired, and unmotivated for the moment. A slight chuckle came from him before standing and drying himself off. The presance of no souls around, truly kept it peaceful, and thats what he was slowly realizing. Within moments Fyzenguard had dressed into a black tunic with dark bronze buttons and a pair of leather pants. The males dressing is what had showed who he was, what he felt like or what he represented.*

*Entering back into the tavern he stretched feeling more refreshed then when he was in the hot shower, perhaps he wasn't used to such things. Most his men were already done eating and drinking, few sat and as he began to sit he felt a hand on his shoulder clentching down and pulling back up* "Is there a problem? Is there no warning?" *Fyzenguard spoke looking up to the man. He was a tall Celtic/Saxon man standing roughly 5'11. Fyzenguard was a bit taller then the man, but he was stalky, and red beareded* "Thats my seat, pounce" *Fyzenguard nodded his head* "Fine, I will take another, sorry sir" *As he began to sit the next seat over the Saxon man then pushed Fyzenguard making him stuble back. The Bartender comes out saying* "You both should really take this outside" *He says in a heritctical and stubburn voice* "Shut it grey" *The saxon man says then smiling to show a few teeth gone, others rotted. Then he went in for a punch to the prince.*

*Fyzenguard sighed and let the man pounch him, doing so he stumbled a few steps back again* "If you hit me one more time, drinking won't be your last problem" *The man grumbled and went for a second punch, Fyzenguard stepped to the side and punched the man in the gut. The saxon male then leaned over, and threw up his morning breakfast which was easily seen as some sort of sausage and chunks of apples. Fyzenguard chuckles once more before kicking the mans head as it was bent sending him back aways. Slowly as he gets back up, he spits a tooth out* "Ahh I see, adds one to your collection" *Fyzenguard lastly exclaimed before the man had come running. As he came close to Fyzenguard he stepped back once, and tugged onto his shirt and pants throwing him against the wall, not unconsious* "Deems such a man of his stature right. Greedy insivile..." *One of his sailors catches onto his arm and shushed him. Fyzenguard looked around and nods thinking it right to stay quite before he sits down and orders his food*