Open Chronicles What was buried

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Cuut'Thul'Lulu

The Great Deceiver
Character Biography
Link
"Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, in land basically right here, but not exactly right here. More like just in this general area of Amol-Kalit. But returning to the point: in this general there was once a great and powerful Djiin who had power beyond imagine, but this Djiin wished to control all that were weaker than it, and since all it met were weaker than it, all fell under its heal.

One day however it met a great sorcerer who skilled in great magic. The great Djiin however was still stronger, but knew that to openly fight the sorcerer would be costly so it challenged the sorcerer to a game where the loser had to call the winner master. The game would be a game of feats: each would challenge the other to three great feats. It has been lost to time what the three tasks asked of the mage, but the Djiin was asked to: Create a stone which it could not lift, Create an indestructible spear that could kill anyone through any defence, and finally create a prison so secure that not even a god could escape.

The Djiin laughed at the sorcerers foolishness planning to kill the sorcerer after admitting its defeat, but as the Djiin called the sorcerer master and rose its hand to strike him down, it realized that it had been tricked. The moment the Djiin had called the man master it had agreed to a slave contract. Still this would not be enough to bind it, so the sorcerer with the help of the Djiin's slaves who now obeyed their master's master bound the Djiin with countless spells forcing it into a state of permanent servitude. The Djiin now remains forever trapped within a metal jar, its prison."

"Ok Gramma, but why are you telling me this? What does this have to do with me hitting my younger brothers?"

"Fine I will spell it out for you: Don't be a dick to those weaker than you or they will kick your ass. I don't really know, my Gramma told me this story whenever I was a d*ck."

"But I thought it had something to do with not underestimating others cause wasn't the Djiin's downfall due to its hubris"

"Yeah that is what I said."

"No, you said something different."

"Listen hear you little sh*t, just leave your siblings alone, or it will be I that beats your ass."

"What if I can use the Djiin's power?"

"What???"

"What if I can use the Djiin's power?"

"Then... I don't know you could do whatever you want, just learn from his mistakes or some sh*t, now scram! Go practice your lock picking so you can be useful to someone someday. Weirdo..."

Then a blinding light shone through the crystal ball before showing a crater where the small village had once been, inside nothing remained but a single ancient metallic jar. The diviner turns to the rest of the tent and says,

"That was all I could find out, something keeps me from peaking inside the boy's actual room."