Private Tales What lurks in the shadows

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Only if you want.
The wolf smiled at her "I'd love that.... I'd love to meet up tomorrow.... maybe we can do something... fun tomorrow, or something.... I don't know." he gave her a nervous chuckle. Jaken wasn't the one that could see himself doing something.... 'fun'. 'Fun' wasn't something that was on Jaken's priority list, it was always work, and bounties, and payments. The life he came to know only consisted on that, so going off the grid might difficult for him. Getting out of his comfort zone to have.... fun.... what could be fun? Where would they go? What would they do? In that moment, something clicked on Jaken's mind... he didn't know how to have fun. He was always serious, always aware of his surroundings... ever since the bite... jesus.... 7 years without having fun. It made him forget what was like to have fun. He knew it was something.... good... but... good in what way? Would it be... 'heart-pumping-fun'? Or... just... 'enjoy-fun'? Hell, he couldn't even conclude what type of fun IS fun. Would it be something that Kiara had to teach him? Just like how she taught him to give second chances... if it wasn't for her, maybe his relation with Hellius would have kept being bitter. So.... could he teach him what is it like: have fun? "W-we could meet tomorrow.... maybe.... at the college? Ummm... I don't know at what time are you free..." he looked down and scratched his nape. The fact that he doesn't know how to have fun made this difficult for him.... but.... no.... this has nothiing to do about fun. It was different. He was asking her if they could meet up tomorrow and do things. Was he.... asking her out.... on a DATE? Was she going to be his first date? It felt.... weird.... asking her out, all of this is new territory for him. He didn't really socialized with anyone, and then... asking Kiara out on a date? This was new....

At his explanation of what happened before she froze in time, Jaken could feel lots of emotions, sadness, despair, loss, but most importantly, anger and guilt. He felt that because he let that happen, it was his fault Kiara got froze in time for the last 4 months. If he had not fallen asleep, he oculd have stayed alert for anything that could have happened. And his body wouldn't let him lie. He growled, displaying his sharp fangs, his hands opening, making his cclaws get ready in case he wanted to rip something apart. His fur bristle due to the anger, his ears flopped up and his claws on his back paws would sink in the ground, in case they neded to get ready to sprint and keep grip on the floor. However, when he reacted and sat on the ground, his body adopted a completely different posture: his fur was relaxed, his ears had flopped down, his back paw claws were relaxed and his claws were holding gently the crystal. Seconds ago, he was a werewolf in defense mode, ready to attack if anyone dared to opose him, but now... he was fragile, he was relaxed. Such a sudden change from him. It would take hiim some time to go from the first state to the second, some minutes, but... somehow, he did it in a matter of seconds. Was that right for him?
He did not had time to think on that, as he felt something grabbing him by the neck and pulling him close to a soft body. The werewolf's eyes opened wide and gasped for air, his snout kept opened, his arms in shock, not being able to move them. He felt something nuzzle on on his neck, it felt... good.... in any other situation he would've become defensive and subdue whatever it was snuggling on his neck, but this time... he knew that it was nothing dangerous. It felt comforting, so... was it Kiara? He then felt something resting on his shoulder. He looked at what it was, and yes, it was Kiara. She was hugging him. He wanted to ask her what she was doing, but then she talked.
Nothing of what happened was your fault, so don’t blame yourself. If only I had listened when you told me to stay away, nothing of that would have happened. I’m so sorry for making you go through all of that, for making you suffer. I’m sorry for leaving you alone when I promised that I wouldn’t.
"I-" the werewolf couldn't continue with the sentence, he was just reacting, he embraced her slowly, holding her tight but gently. He loved feeling her soft body on him... it felt... so familiar and so far away... he had felt her body before on him multiple times, but this time... it felt good. Holding her in his wolf form... did he even held her in his wolf form during the S.A.P. events? He could only remember hugging her in his human form, but never in his wolf form. What would she make of it? Would she like it? Would she feel him hugging her SUPER tight, at the point of not letting her breathe? Would she complain about how hot it was due to the fur? He closed his eyes and hugged her. He... had her forgiveness, but... he still felt a bit guilty. He knew he had to beg for Kiara's forgiveness and now that he had it, he still felt guilty, maybe not as guilty as before, but he still had that god damn feeling. Maybe... he needed to be forgiven by Hellius to make the guilt go away? He was Kiara's guardian and he let Jaken take Kiara away, in that moment, the male elf had given him responsibility over her and he (Jaken) screwed up. He needed to be forgiven by Hellius. He let him down and due to that, Kiara had to be trapped in that ice shard for 4 months. The bounty hunter felt the female elf tighten the hug, that made him feel safe... why? He didn't need to feel safe, it was HER who needed to be and feel safe.... right? He needed to protect her, but... if that was the case, why did he feel safe under Kiara's hug? Did he needed to be saved? Saved from what? But then, Kiara broke the hug, he let her go
This crystal was supposed to be a gift for when you leave Elbion, to remind you that you are never truly alone, to keep you company and also, you always said that you liked to hear me sing. It was supposed to bring you joy.
"<<But.... I never thought on leaving Elbion.... because of you...>>" the werewolf stared at Kiara's eyes at her revelation, keeping his thought to himself. He then looked to the crystal. That artifact that kept him sane for a long time, that kept him hoping that she would be returning, that someday she would be back in his arms. And it delievered.... without it... he didn't know where could he be "It brought me joy... for some moments.... until I fell asleep. It rocked me to sleep. I would sleep besides you." he caressed her hands holding his claw, they felt soft and smooth, in contrast to his rough and big claws.
He heard that magic word, that word that made the shard sing to him in all those months that Kiara was not there for him. The singing echoed in the plain, only to be joined by Kiara's voice. As if it wasn't enough to be comforting, the fireflies shined, making it a visual spectacle for the wolf to see, but not Kiara as she was closing her eyes and singing along with the shard. Between the both, they made a wonderful duet that relaxed the werewolf. he could forget about what happened and focus on the present. He could focus on the present, on her singing, on her relaxing him with the lullaby. He closed his eyes and let his ears take him though the notes of the elf he loved. It sounded beautiful, angelical. The only reason why Jaken was not falling asleep right now is because Kiara didn't want it that way. He inhaled deeply, expanding his chest, then exhaling, letting his soul, mind and heart to rest for a while. he didn't want to get out of this moment, he would cherish it forever. He recorded everything on his mind, the sounds, the things he was seeing, Kiara, the crystal. EVERYTHING, burning into his memory this moment.

It stopped. And he was in peace with that. He opened his eyes and faced Kiara, smiling at him. The most lovely smile he could have seen in his life. He smiled back while one tear was falling down his cheek....
Should he do it? He... he really wanted to.... he was in peace with himself, he couldn't remember what happened 4 months earlier.... should he do it?
He leaned closer to her face, closing his eyes slowly and finally, connecting lips again.
The wolf kissed her again. In that kiss he gave away his feelings for her. His love, his desire to be with her, and his joy that she was back once again. Another tear ran down his cheek. He slowly took his claw to Kiara's left cheek, holding it gently and lightly as their lips still connected with one another.

-Elbion, 10 minutes later-
The citizens had come out to see what was the cause of all the noises that had woken up everyone in a 15 meter radius. And the found it. 2 men had died in a horrible way. One guard's skull was crushed alongside his helmet and the other man had his throat slashed and one arm was ripped. Many people were watching the horrific scene. Some were investigating the corpses, while others were crying. Men and some women would investigate the scene, while others kept their children from watching the gruesome scene.
"Whatever it was. it had enough force to bite through the helmet and into his skull. See the bite marks here?"
"But what could have done it?"
"Look at this man, his throat was slashed and the arm is next to the guard's body.... it was something savage."
Everyone kept silent for a while, before someone came to a conclusion.
"It was that werewolf!!"
"What?"
"It was that werewolf we saw some hours before. That werewolf grabbed that man's arm aggresively, it even left a bruise. Check the arm."
The adults obeyed, checking the other man's arm. Indeed, there was a bruise there.
"Yes, there is a bruise here."
"It was that werewolf, I'm telling you!! He hunted this man down because he tried to spoil his plans with that poor elf."
"And the guard?"
"A poor soul in the wrong place at the wrong time. These murders were done by that werewolf....."

-Flower plain, 10 minutes earlier-
The werewolf kept kissing the elf he loved, bringing her to the ground, her on top of him as he hugged her body, still kissing her.
If only they knew what would happen once they reach Elbion...

• Sip
Reactions: Zier Xya Zythos
Kiara giggled at his reaction, for some reason Jaken seemed nervous. It never crossed the elf’s mind to consider their next meet as a date, after all they were just friends, and there was nothing wrong on two friends to meet up. She gave him a kind smile “Fun sounds good. We could go to the woods or have some fun near the river. Anyway, I don’t have much to do…” The elf lowered her head, recalling how her life used to be before she had encountered the wolf. “I will just spend all my day at the college library reading books or practice my magic. Unless Hellius request my help for a practical class or ask me to go to the city to buy some supplies. So, as you can see, I have a lot of free time.” The spellsinger slightly shook her head, putting those thoughts aside, this was not the time to worry about returning to her previous, boring life. “How about we meet after lunch? Is it good for you?” Her beautiful smile had returned to her lips, she was more than happy, she was excited to be able be with the man that she loved tomorrow afternoon.

At the end of the song Kiara opened her eyes smiling for the werewolf. He seemed so relaxed, as if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He returned the smile, then a tear fell. Somehow the elf could tell it as not something bad. Was it… relief?
Still holding his huge paws, the spellsinger lowered her head, and gently made him close his claws so he would keep the crystal. Feeling the wolf leaning on her, Kiara lifted her head to face him and then… he kissed her. Kiara closed her eyes, surrendering to that sweet moment. She loved him so very much, and despite in her time perception she had slept just for a night, she longed for this moment, to be with him, his kisses and his touch. And for the first time, Kiara felt loved. How could she feel that? Maybe it was just her imagination? She was not sure. Or could it be that, now that she had found inner peace the elf could 'see' things more clearly? Who knows… For now, she didn’t want to have questions. She could feel him hugging her, that brought her comfort, security and protection. Kiara rested her hands on his chest, bringing her body closer to his furry one. Through the that kiss she expressed her feelings, all that hidden feelings that she had for him.

Once on the ground, the elf broke the kiss, opening her eyes and gazing directly at the blue set of eyes that were right in from of her, Jaken’s blue eyes. For a moment she got lost on those hypnotic eyes. Her love and desire of him made her heart beat faster and louder… Would it … be ok? Would he accept it? She was a bit insecure and hesitant, but slowly Kiara leaned on him, closing the gap that she had put between them, closing her eyes, and for the first time, the elf kissed the wolf. For the first time Kiara revealed her feelings. Instead of waiting and react to his kiss, she went for it, she kissed him. A slow, soft, gentle and hesitant kiss.

Elf and wolf enjoyed each other company, but soon exhaustion had caught Kiara, a yawn made her realize that maybe it was time to go. It was already late, and the elf was tired, relaxed but tired, after all this was her first day after awaken from her long, frozen slumber. Suddenly another thing came to her mind… tonight she wouldn’t be sleeping by Jaken’s side, as she had gotten used since the SAP event. No, tonight she would be sleeping in her own room, that made her feel a bit empty and sad on the inside. Slowly the spellsinger turned to the bounty hunter speaking in a small voice.
“I should go now. It's rather late and I don’t want to worry Hellius, besides, tomorrow I will be seeing you again.” The elf kindly smiled at Jaken, though she was not sure if she was trying to convince him or herself.

When both were ready to go the werewolf picked the elf in his arms and made their way back to Elbion city. The wolf dashed through the woods and once he arrived at the city gates, instead of turning into his human form, he remained in his wolf one, jumping from a rooftop to another, finally landing on a small alley just a few meters away from the college front gates, placing the elf on the ground. Kiara turned her head between the wolf and the college front gates. Now that it was time for them to be apart Kiara didn’t want, she wanted to stay with him, but, the situation was different. Now she had a place to stay, but still, it was not easy for her to take the first step though she had to.
“Thank you for everything…” she paused for a second “I… I have to go now... Take care on your way back to the motel… I wish you a good night Jaken… see you tomorrow.” Before turning on her heels, Kiara placed a small kiss on the werewolf's cheek. Then she left the dark alley, entering and crossing the plaza illuminated by the moonlight. Kiara stopped middle way, turning back just to look at Jaken one last time, though she couldn’t see him due to his black fur blend perfectly with the darkness, she knew that he was still there, that made her smile, waving at him, and finally she crossed the rest of the plaza and entered the college.

The elf silently walked through the corridors, stopping by her guardian’s room. All the lights were off, most likely Hellius was sleeping. Kiara sighed, she intended to let him know that she was back, but she didn’t want to disturb his sleep, so the elf simply walked away. Little did she knew that on the other side of the closed door, Hellius opened his eyes, feeling her presence. Although he was in bed it was impossible for him to sleep. THAT night still haunted him, the fear of losing his little girl again, but now that he knows that she had returned safe and sound the male elf’s mind rest at ease, finally being able to sleep. Though he was worried sick, Hellius didn’t want to lock Kiara, it wouldn't be fair for her to be restrained because of his owns fears.

Kiara opened the door of her bedroom, closing it behind her. Facing the room, she sighed, a lonely feeling striking her. Slowly the elf took off her clothes, getting ready for a warm bath, but as she walked passing in front of the window a cold chill ran down her spine, her head turned to face the darkness outside, there was nothing. No… it couldn’t be, the college had a magical barrier, no one nor anything could enter, but… she could swear that she felt a presence, one that frightened her. She didn’t think twice, closing the curtains and lighting the candles so she would have some light, clearly her imagination was running loose.
<”Calm down… you are not a child anymore.. its all in your imagination… There is no need to be afraid of the dark…”> that was what Kiara tried to say to herself, but still the elf felt nervous, uncomfortable and on edge, all her senses were sharp and she was awfully aware of her surroundings. Not even the warm water calmed her down.
Once she was ready, Kiara slowly climbed in bed, laying on it. It proved to be difficult for her to sleep. For the first time her room seemed so empty. No… it was not that… it was her. She as used to Jaken’s presence, the way he made her feel safe and protected and the warmth sensation that his presence and company make her feel. She already missed him. This reminded her one night that she had a nightmare, on that time he was by her side and she was able to relax and fall asleep close to him, but tonight, Jaken was not there to keep her fear and nightmares at bay.
The elf snuggled on her pillow trying to find some comfort. Slowly her mind drifted, recalling the events on the glade. What would Jaken make of it? Or the kiss that she gave him? This made her reflect. What did she take out of it!? His confession when he saying that he had missed her, telling her that for 4 months he visited her every single night, and all his kisses? The elf knew that the bounty hunter was a serious person, he was not the type to mess around with girls, judging by the way the treated the females students that showed interest in him. Could it be that… he like her!? Kiara wouldn’t dare call it love, maybe that would be too much, but certainly Jaken cared for her at some extent. Who knew? Maybe tomorrow would bring some new revelations. Slowly the elf’s eyes started to close, thinking of him helped her to relax and let her guard down, and after what seemed an eternity the spellsinger finally fell asleep.

Last edited:
Jaken didn't know what was like to go on a date, hell, he had never felt like this before: loving someone. Sure, before the bite, jaken would sometimes see girls and think they look pretty and hot, but it never crossed his mind to ask them out for a date. he would be the one that keeps focused on studies, after all, school is the place where he goes to study, not flirt. It was never in his priorities; certainly would explain why he never asked anyone on a date, and this would be his firt time, he felt... strange, this new sensation: asking someone out. It felt.... unusual. And it was not any women, it was Kiara, the elf he loved. That connection between them made it look like something else. He couldn't explain what it was, he just felt something different given the fact that it was her and not someone else. In any case, Jaken was sure he would be feeling the same way if it was someone he cared for, or maybe it was just his nervousness over this new situation.
Fun sounds good. We could go to the woods or have some fun near the river. Anyway, I don’t have much to do…
I will just spend all my day at the college library reading books or practice my magic. Unless Hellius request my help for a practical class or ask me to go to the city to buy some supplies. So, as you can see, I have a lot of free time.
That made Jaken think on how her life made a twist in such a small time. If he really thought about it, Kiara just described her life before him: stable, repetitive, but at least, it was safe. It was.... a normal life. And normal is safe, so.... she was safe before him, but... even with that, he knew that if Kiara had gone back to the college after they met, during the rainstorm, the events would be completely different. Who knows if for the best or worst, considering that there were intruders inside the campus, plus, who knew if she would have been prepared for the Elbion attack, theat little factor, could have changed history drastically. Butterfly effect? Seeing her life going from normal to active.... in such a short time, hell, the S.A.P. ordeal didn't made it to the month and a half mark. In less than 45 days, Kiara's life had changed drastically, some would say that it was not a short time, but take into consideration that Kiara lived with a stable life for years, each day getting more used to it, and suddenly, the underworld decided to slap her on the face and throw her into danger..... he at least felt good that he was there to catch her on the fall..... right?
How about we meet after lunch? Is it good for you?” Her beautiful smile had returned to her lips
Jaken smiled back and stared at her eyes. "Yeah, I'd love to." he smiled for her, if he had no control over his tail, he was sure that it would start wagging. Thankfully, he had. His tail remained still and it saved Jaken from an embarrasing moment. He was sure Kiara had picked up his 'serious-man' attitude. He wasn't one that would show how he feels, at least during happy moments. Someone would need to get through him to see him smile and show his feelings of joy and relaxation. And that someone already did it. She was the first one to do it. She was special.

As they kissed, the wolf could feel her getting into it, kissing him back and noot fighting it. He wouldn't fight it either, he loved it. He loved having her lips on his snout. And even though they have kissed before, this one felt... special. After everything they've been through, after all the dangers they had to avoid or take down, this was a nice moment to relax and let everything calm down. During the kiss, he felt relaxed, Kiara somehow pulling him into a trance of relaxxation. Similar to the hypnosis Gerald had put him under, BEFORE what Jaken considers was, their first kiss, as a matter of fact. It's like her kisses wwas hypnotizing him, but this time, this hypnosis didn't seem like something Jaken could EASILY mistrust, in fact, he liked it. He wanted too fall under her trance, hell, even if she was using a spell on him, he wouldn't mind. it was the elf he loved, she wouldn't hurt him. Not after everything they've been through.... could it be that... this could be more than a friendship? For now, the werewolf didn't cared for that, the only thing he wanted to do was to fall into her kisses. And in a way, he did, falling to the ground with her on top as they continued to kiss. It was a kiss of passion and relief. Could this... be time? Could this be the chnace to confess his feeling for her? Tell her that he loves her? Was it the right time?
He felt something during the kiss, it was something that... how could he describe it? It felt that something was flowing through him, something that Kiara wanted him to have, but he couldn't tell what it was. But it was something that made him relax and feel good during the moment. What could it be?
Once the elf broke the kiss, they stared at each other's eyes, the wolf breathing slowly, letting her look down on him, her sitting on his abdomen, it felt good. Having her on top of him, for some reason, he felt that she was safe up there, and... that she would take care of him. In that position, they would be taking care of each other, it felt good. The bounty hunter extended his claw to her, caressing her cheek softly, Could this be time? "<Should I tell her that I love her? That I want her with me? That... I want to be with her forever?>" But those thoughts were broken when he saw the elf leaning closer. What would she do? Would she hug him or lay down on him or tell him something? He never expected what she would do, she kissed him right on the mouth. Jaken closed his eyes, as a relaxxed grunt came out of him, making his body vibrate due to the sound, surely, Kiara would notice it as it happened at the same time he let the deep grunt stay inside his throat. Does that mean that... she loved him? That they loved each other but were too afriad or nervous to confess it? Jaken knew that he had never loved someone before the bite, love that wasn't between the family, that is. He never loved someone.... but then, she stepped in, proving him wrong. he loved her, but.... for some reason, he couldn't tell her that. But why? Was it guilt over what happened? A sense of protection? He wouldn't tell, but he wouldn't tell her that he loved her. Not today, at least. And he thought that Kiara wasn't ready as well,a lthough the kiss was gentle and soft, he felt her hesitant, as if she was pulling herself back, not wanting herself to do something. Was she also debating herself on saying something to him? What ws it? Was it serious? The wolf couldn't tell. Damn, so many doubts, and so little answers. However, he decided to put those thoughts apart on let her kiss him, taking him into a glorious trance.

And again they broke the kiss. Kiara yawned, the wolf smiled at her "Are you tired, sleepy head?" he chuckled softly.
the spellsinger turned to the bounty hunter speaking in a small voice.
“I should go now. It's rather late and I don’t want to worry Hellius, besides, tomorrow I will be seeing you again.”
"Yes, it is a bit late. And yes, I DID promised Hellius that you would be back at the college, even though it is late past your bedtime, the lil' elf must obey his papa Hellius and go to sleep." he luaghed "I'm sorry. I'll shut now." he sat up and smiled at the elf for some time, seeing her like this made him feel happy, although they had to leave each other for now, they would reunite after lunch, at that time, they would do whatever the hell they wanted to "Alright, let's get you to the college." he picked her up in the arms "Let's make it quick, alright. Just hang on." the wolf sprinted through the woods with her in his arms, the wind crashing on their faces as the wolf took the female elf for another late night ride. This time, he didn't do any acrobatics, the adrenaline would probably make her more active, thus, not letting her sleep. Instead, the trip was a relaxing one, slowly calming down Kiara, not enough to make her fall asleep, but enough to make her relax and enjoy the ride. That was not ENTIRELY the case at Elbion. In this one, Jaken had to do some jumps from buildings to buildings in order to get faster to the college. He tried his best to make her calm down with the wind, but that was not something easy to make, all the jumps and movements didn't exactly made for a relaxing trip like the ones in the woods.

He managed to land safely on an alley meters away from the college, he let her down and crouched, his eyes slightly above her due to his height, but still, they made eye contact. He smiled at her, even though he was a bit sad on the inside, they had to separate, sure, they would see each other tomorrow afternoon, but... he wanted to haave her by her side and sleep with her, hug her and make her feel safe, but that couldn't be... not now, at least.
“Thank you for everything…” she paused for a second “I… I have to go now... Take care on your way back to the motel… I wish you a good night Jaken… see you tomorrow.” Before turning on her heels, Kiara placed a small kiss on the werewolf's cheek.
The wolf smiled at her and slowly hugged her, holding her close, his chin connecting with her back. His claws on her shoulders. He whispered in her ear "welcome back..." he kissed her cheek and smiled at her, letting a single tear slide down his eye.
The elf made her way to the gates, turning around and waving him goodbye, he waved back and with that, Kiara could see a big, animal-like silhouette making its way up the builiding and jumping to another. Jaken was gone, leaving her to enter the college, safe and sound.

The wolf managed to make it his motel room, where he shifted back to human and took a fast shower, after that, he layed down on bed and smiled to himself. She was back, this night... it was real. They kissed and it felt so good, maybe... maybe what they felt for each other was real? Maybe they DO have feeling for each other, as proven on the kiss back there. He placed his hands behind his head and closed his eyes, with a smile on his face, recalling how the kiss felt like, the werewolf finally fell asleep.

Meanwhile, the guards were getting ready to execute their plan.
He will pay for what he did to the man...

On that night the elf’s sleep was restless, although she didn’t have any nightmares nor dreams, Kiara would move a lot during her sleep. The morning was literally a repetition of yesterday, wake up, get ready and eat breakfast with Hellius.
“Kiara is everything alright?” Hellius asked, glancing at Kiara, holding his cup of coffee close to his lips before taking a sip, watching carefully Kiara’s expression and movements, for some reason the female elf looked tired.
“Yes, everything is fine. I just had a hard time falling asleep that’s all.” The spellsinger said as she lazily nibbled on a toast. After some second Hellius nodded and drank his coffee, soon classes would start.
“Do you have plans for today?"
This caught Kiara by surprise, usually she was the one asking for Hellius’ schedule, in case he needed help or assistance on something. Slowly the female elf lifted her head, locking eyes with her guardian, nodding her head a bit, answering his question. Already guessing it, a little grin appeared on Hellius’ lips, he wouldn’t lose such a great opportunity to tease his little girl, not after her reaction. The male elf rested the cup on the table, resting his chin on both hands, making a half-serious, half teasing face.
“And by any chance is a werewolf involved in those plans?” he put some emphasis on the werewolf word, his grin only growing wider. And there it was, the reaction that he wanted, Kiara blushing, slowly nodding her head again. That made him smile, this was the first time that Kiara had fallen in love, and for some reason, Hellius couldn’t help himself, he just loved to see his little girl happy, but then his face turned to a more serious one, taking a deep breath before speaking.
“Sweetie, I know that you… got attached to him” He spoke with half words, although he was fully aware of how Kiara felt, the male elf would wait until the spellsinger was prepared to tell him. But one thing her guardian was sure of, he didn’t want to see his little girl suffer nor get hurt. A small, sad smile took over his features, then he finished his sentence “but… be careful, alright?” That was all he said, he knew that Kiara would get what he was trying to say. On the other side, Kiara’s blush disappeared as she lowered her head, she knew that Hellius didn’t mean to make her sad. He was just trying to protect her. No matter what, sooner or later the bounty hunter would have to leave.
“I know…” that was all Kiara said, still with her head low. Suddenly she felt a large hand on her head, gently caressing her hair trying to cheer her up.
“You know that I will always be here for you. So … cheer up and enjoy your day ok? Enjoy your youth while you can!”
Kiara lifted her head, her eyes now sparkling, her usual bright aura was back, and that sweet and gentle smile gracing her lips.
“Yes, papa Hellius.” She giggled, recalling that Jaken had referred to Hellius that way on the previous night. Now it was time for Hellius to be caught off guard, the male elf lowered his head and cleared his throat, trying to remain neutral while hiding his blush.
“Where did that come from?” he asked, still trying to regain his usual posture.
“That’ a secret.” The spellsinger said between giggles, then something crossed her mind, the Fukuro creature! Kiara was about to ask her guardian what he knew about that creature, but the bell rang, signalizing the beginning of classes.
“Oh, it's time already! I have to go sweetie, have a great day!” And with that Hellius placed a kiss on top of her head, then left. Kiara had lost an opportunity, well not really... she would have other chances to ask, like lunch time.

Once the students left the cafeteria Kiara took the chance to prepare a light meal, putting in a little basket some fruit, sandwiches and a bottle filled with water, this way her and Jaken could spend all the afternoon in the forest and have a snack there if they get hungry.
As time for lunch was arriving Kiara started to get nervous, always checking her appearance in the mirror looking for any flaw. Why she was acting like this? She was not sure, this had never happened to her before, but for some reason… she wanted to be on her best for the meeting. Deep down, she wanted to look pretty for Jaken and realizing this the elf blushed, shaking her head <“What am I thinking!?”> the elf took a deep breath, trying to calm down, this was only a friendly meetup, there no need to get ahead of herself. Moments later the bell rang indicating that classes were over. The elf rushed to the Hellius office, again… for some reason she was excited, way too excited. It was as if she rushed and finished her lunch faster the time would pass faster, thus, she would finally be with the werewolf that she loved.
Kiara stopped in front of Hellius’ office, but as she was about to knock on the door, the door opened revealing her guardian.
“Oh Kiara! I’m sorry honey, but today I can’t have lunch with you. The high council just summed me for a meeting, so go ahead and eat without me. I don’t know how long this meeting will take.” the male elf said a bit in a hurry but in a gentle tone.
“Ok, don’t worry about me. Just make sure that you will eat once the meeting is over.” She smiled at him while waving goodbye.

And so, Kiara had lunch alone. It was not very common this to happen since both elves cherished the mealtime, mainly because it was the moment where they could have some time for each other.
Anyway, once the elf finished her meal, Kiara went to her bedroom, brushed her teeth, grabbed the basket, taking a spin on the mirror for a final check, everything was perfect. So Kiara went for the front gates, definitely she didn’t want to be late nor make Jaken wait.

Last edited:
Jaken found himself laying on the grass, on top of flowers, the beautiful plain of white flowers he was just in few hours ago. His arms crossed behind his head, the wind brushing his face and clothes. He inhaled deeply and exhaled peacefully. He closed his eyes and... smiled... he actually found peacce in that moment. He felt in peace with himself. He loved being there, quiet, a calm breeze, a calm noon. The sun shining bright on top of him, thankfully, not making him feel hot, just good enough to stay like that for hours. Somehow, he knew he wasn't alone. He looked at his right side and found someone laying besides him. She breathed calmly, laying on the flowers as well, her hands on her belly as she looked up to a flower she picked up. Kiara was there, enjoying the sunny day. "What are you doing there?" he asked
She shrugged "Just looking at some flowers, that's all." she smiled.
"Yeah, I guess....." he looked up to the sun "Honestly... this is a nice place to relax. Not too many voices, not too many action.... it's nice to stay away from people and relax."
"If you say so. College was pretty much that. So I've grown to be used to it."
"Well, I'm sorry for not being able to study more." the both chuckled. She paused.
"....but you didn't have a choice..." she whispered, looking down a bit
"Yeah.... I... didn't.... that's life for ya.... shit happens... either cry about it or get over it"
She didn't respond for a while "Jaken."
"Yeah?"
"Why didn't you tell me back there?"
"Tell you about what?"
"That you love me."
He didn't respond "I don't know.... I just... think that.... I might be dangerous for you.... I've put you in a lot of situations... I'm a dangerous person.... I wanted to tell you so badly that I love you, but... I would be hurting you more if I stay with you... but at the same time, I can't let you go.... you've... grown on me."
"But I can take care of myself. I managed to survive the S.A.P. events."
"I know Kiara. I know. I know you are strong.... but you can't defend yourself on all angles. There is danger on all angles. I bring danger on all angles. And I.... I can't be there forever. A perfect example would be.... what happened to you.... it was all my fault."
"It wasn't."
"Yes it was! I dragged you into this whole thing, and you ended up like that because of me. How can I protect when I can't even tell when you wake up or not."
"You didn't know Jaken. You didn't know that happened. You were asleep, you were tired, exhausted. Your body didn't let you wake up."
"Does that make me a good protector? Staying asleep on the job?"
"You protected me when I was cursed, when the college was invaded by the assasins, when the college locked me up in the dungeon, when we escaped the college, you even protected me when we fought because of what that wicked lady did to me."
"I hit you!!"
"Because I was going to kill you.... it's obvious that we mean a lot to each other.... I would feel devastated if I did somethiing to hurt you."
"......is that what you think?"
"I think so...."
".......why are you here?"
"To let you rest.... to let you let go of that.... Jaken, this will tear you from the inside."
"Wouldn't it be better to stay away from you? If I am torn, then shouldn't it be better to keep my distance with you so that we prevent something terrible from happening?"
"Jaken. You have faced EVERY priblem that has comme your way. You faced being a werewolf, you faced having your family taken away from you. You faced monsters invading Elbion. You have faced everything, you don't run away. You even got along with Hellius when you started with the wrong foot."
"How do you know about that?"
"........I just do."
He stayed quiet
"Jaken.... you fixed the relatiion you had with Hellius because you knew that was a problem."
"I fixed it for you.... I know how much he means to you.... I fixed my relation with Hellius for you...."
"And even with ALL that, you want to run away from this? Jaken.... she is waiting for you...."
"Since when did you became a pep talker?"
"Since you needed me for you."
".........." she closed her fists on something, she got closer to his face and blew the white petals that was on her hand onto his face. And Jaken fell asleep.

The werewolf opened his eyes, yawning and sitting on bed, not remembering the dream from last night. For him, he just slept with no dreams. A fast forward from night to day. Everything was just as it was left for him. He sat on bed and got up, took a shower, dresed up and had some breakfast, which consisted on the usual bread and milk, nothing too fancy or creative, but enough to give him that morning strenght nutriologist won't shut up about. He was suppose to meet with Kiara after the time college students were let go to have lunch. So maybe around.... 3 hours? Now that he had a deadline, he should probably keep track of time. Even though he waasn't really somone that would have a pocket watch around, maybe this situation called for it? It's not like he would find Rachel willing to give him the time ALL the times. He had to take care of that. He head out and went to the local store, buying himself a decent pocket watch, he checked the hour. 49 minutes before lunch. It seems that his calculation was wrong. With that, he made hos way through Elbion and sat on a bench in front of the college entrance. Waiting for the elf he loved to come out.
And so she did. There she was, beautiful as always, with clean clothes and looking happy, but this time... she looked.. prettier, as if that was possible. Her stunning face looking gorgeous, like an angel comming down form the heavens.... if heaven had books and studdents running around worrying to save the semester. She looked stunning, with a basket on her arms, what was she planning? He stood up and walked towards the multitud, finally reaching her. He smiled at her. "Hey." he said, he opened his arms, but reacted and closed them, denying both of them to have a hug, instead, the wolf blushed "So..... h-how are you?" this was something weird for him: willingly go to someone that was not meant for business or bounty hunting. This time it was for.... 'having fun'. How was that, again? Jaken wasn't entirely sure about what they could do. He looked at the basket and chuckled "Who are you taking that to? Your sick grandma? Well.... I guess this would be a new version of Little Red Riding Hood." he chuckled..... this was awkward... at least for him. He wasn't sure how Kiara would take it. How would she take it? Would it be awkward for her due to Jaken's failed attempt of a joke? Or would it be amusing seeing a werewolf trying to be funny?
"Umm." he finally said, lifting an arm for her to grab "Shall we..... get going? I don't where do you want to go? Maybe we can find the trail for your sick grandma. Don't worry, the Big Bad Wolf won't eat you two." he chuckled "<You would fail SO BAD as a comedian, just shut up already.>"

As the spellsinger passed the college front gates, she glanced around the plaza, trying to figure it out if the bounty hunter was already there, and sure he was. It didn’t take long for the elf to see him making his way to her, on the other hand, Kiara smiled, speeding up a bit, eager to be with the man that she secretly loved. “Hi Jaken.” She greeted with a very happy and sweet voice. The elf was way too excited to even notice the slight movement that the werewolf had done with his arms, but, she noticed the shy flush on his face, and for some unknown reason to her, Kiara also blushed, lowering her face a bit in order to hide that fact. What was happening? She was not sure. Was she nervous? Embarrassed? Or it was another feeling that she couldn’t identify? But why? Yesterday they had been together, so why was she acting so strangely since that morning? The elf pushed those thoughts aside, trying to return to her usual self. “I’m fine, thanks for asking. How about you? Did you have enough time to eat lunch?”
"Who are you taking that to? Your sick grandma? Well.... I guess this would be a new version of Little Red Riding Hood."
For a moment the elf tilted her head, only understanding his joke in the end, making her giggle.
"Oh yes... She lives deep into the woods, but… the Big Bad Wolf also lives there, so… would you be kind to escort me there?" Kiara made a worried face, pretending to be nervous, joining his joke while teasing him a bit, before giggling once again, finally explaining. “This is for us, this way we can enjoy the forest trip for a bit longer.”
"Umm." he finally said, lifting an arm for her to grab "Shall we..... get going? I don't where do you want to go? Maybe we can find the trail for your sick grandma. Don't worry, the Big Bad Wolf won't eat you two."
As the werewolf lifted his arm, offering it for her to grab it, Kiara froze, not being sure of what to do. This was the first time that he had done something like this, they had never held hands in a public place, nor he had offered his arm for her to take, so this was something completely new. Finally reacting the elf nod her head, with a lovely smile gracing her lips, and slowly she took his arm. "Into the woods we go, but, I have been wondering, are you the kind hunter or am I already walking with the Big Bad Wolf?" She looked at him, expecting for a reaction, being Hellius 'daughter' had given Kiara the ability to tease from time to time.
As both walked side by side, the elf kept her head low, that way no one would notice her flushed cheeks. Her heart was beating so loud in her chest, a bittersweet feeling filling her heart and soul. Although this was a special moment for her, Kiara forced herself to remember that they were just two good friends, thus she shouldn't jump into conclusions.

Meanwhile, on the college in the Large Meeting Room, Hellius had not been the only teacher summoned. In fact, all the professors were there. The room was filled with tension, some teachers had already taken their seats, others were still arriving, while few of them whispered among themselves. All were waiting for the High Council to show up and start the meeting, and once they appeared, everyone fell quiet. This meeting would prove to be long and serious. After almost two intense hours, discussing a very urgent and unsettling matter, the council finally ended the meeting, dismissing the teachers, allowing them to return to their classes and execute the new order immediately. Everyone stood up, making their way to the large double door, in order to leave. Hellius was behind Elaine while Claude was by his side.
“I hope that this is just a false alarm.” Claude said concerned.
“The runes don’t-“ But before Hellius could finish his sentence, the High Council called the Elemental teacher, preventing him from leaving.
“Professor Chronos, a word with you please.” Said one of the High Council members. Hellius stopped, turning in his tracks in order to face the High Council, Claude mimicked his moves. “In private…” That was all it took to send Claude a message.
“What have you done?” Claude whispered, placing his hand on the Hellius’ shoulder.
“I did nothing.” Hellius pushed Claude’s hand away, remaining on his cold and distant self. “Don't you have a class to lecture?”
Claude sighed, all the others teachers had left by now. “I guess… Anyway, good luck.” As Claude walked to the door, he added. “If you get fired, I want to be the team leader.” He chuckled, teasing the male elf, before disappearing behind the door.
“In your dreams…” Hellius whispered just loud enough for his voice to reach Claude, returning the teasing. After all, the two of them were part of the Special Unit Squad, the team sent by the college to face the S.A.P. event.
The moment the door closed the male elf walked and stopped in front of the Council’s table, waiting in silence for them to speak.
“Please Chronos, take a seat.” Hellius glanced at all the council members, narrowing his eyes, guessing that this theme, whatever it was, it wouldn’t be to his liking.
“What is that the Council wish to speak with me?” No response. Hellius sighed and complied. The very moment the male elf took his sit the eldest member spoke.
“It is about Kiara.”

After a relaxing walk on the forest, elf and werewolf reached the river bank. There, Kiara placed the basket on the ground near a tree, taking advantage of the shadow, so the sun wouldn’t hit directly on it. Then she turned to Jaken with a bright smile, it was play time and she wouldn’t waste a second of it, it had been ages since the last time that she had actually played with someone.
“Hide and seek! You count first!” The elf said, guiding the werewolf to the closest tree, before turning on her heels, giggling. "And no peeking!!!" With that said, the spellsinger dashed, not even waiting for Jaken to start the countdown. Kiara entered the woods, obviously not going to far, glancing around while trying to find a good place to hide. Between some tall bushes, no, too easy for him. Behind a large tree or a huge rock, no, too obvious! Her time was almost running out and still no good place to hide! In anxiety, the elf lifted her head, it would be a shame to lose like that. On the last second something caught her attention… it was worth the try. Next thing she did was to jump high with a little assistance of wind magic, propelling the elf up to a high branch, once there, Kiara concealed her presence between the branches and leaves, then she waited.

Even though the werewolf had high senses, up to the point where he could hear a deer from a mile away, he did not noticed that Kiara was blushing like him. Unbeknownst to him, both were blushing and if anyone would see the scene, they would think 'man, what an embarrassing situation to be in' and keep walking away. Both wolf and elf clearly were excited to see each other, and it was no wonnder, after everything theyve been through, they have formed a bond that they still had to define clearly what it was: colleagues, friendship... or something else. Jaken knew what it was, but he wanted to seal it... the problem is.... he didn't know how. For crying out loud, the bounty hunter could barely exxpress his feelings, he didn't know what 'fun' was, and now they are expecting him to open up and confess his love to Kiara? One step at a time, world..... it will take lots of steps, but he'll get there.... eventually. However, his thoughts were broken when Kiara spoke to him again, he smiled at her "Yeah-yeah, I slept well, and had enough time to eat lunch.... what about you? Had time to eat? DId you sleep well? Ummm..." he blushed more "We can.... get you something to eat. Should be a trip down the store.... unless you have something in there, uuuu..... wh-what's the plan here?" he chuckled nervously.... he was a train wreck on this, he didn't know what to say and how to do it, and this was someone who he trusted, someone who he opened to about his past, and someone that he had protected in deadly situtions, even if it meant him getting hurt. If he trusted her, then why was it so hard to speak like a normal person?
"Oh yes... She lives deep into the woods, but… the Big Bad Wolf also lives there, so… would you be kind to escort me there?" Kiara made a worried face, pretending to be nervous, joining his joke while teasing him a bit, before giggling once again, finally explaining. “This is for us, this way we can enjoy the forest trip for a bit longer.”
"Yeah, I wouldn't mind escorting you. You'd have someone to protect you.... " it flashed to him again, he couldn't say any word that was link to keep someone safe when it came to Kiara. He didn't protect her, he looked down, but snapped back "-but, err, you don't need someone to protect you... now that I think about it.... you were able to take care fo yourself...." he smiled at her "<<Just shut up and roll with it. I pity myself.>> Oh good, yeah, we can spend some time in the forest, away from the city noise, just the trees...." he thought on the forest, on how good it made him feel, both in his human and werewolf form, it felt relaxing and had space to spread out his thoughts and get them together to make a whatever call he wanted to do, whether it was what to do next, or the next bounty he would take on. Even though the motel was there for him, the forest always had his arms open to him, with no property manager ordering him around and telling him what to do or not. The forest had no such thing....... he then wondered if forest spirits exist? MMaybe they do, back when he had to help that dwarf student retrieve some items for the college.... wonder how was he doing.... anyway, he shrugged it off and came back to reality.
"Into the woods we go, but, I have been wondering, are you the kind hunter or am I already walking with the Big Bad Wolf?"
"Huh..... that IS a good question." they walked down the street "In the story, the hunter was human and the Big Bad Wolf was LITERALLY a wolf. And since I am a human and a wolf at the same time, thus, a werewolf.... I wouldn't know... maybe I'm both? I can be a.... Big Kind Wolf? No! Correction, the hunter wasn't kind at all. He opened the wolf's stomach to take out the girls, filled it with rocks and dump the wolf down the river? How was that kind?! Sure, you could say, 'well, why did the wolf ate the girls?', well Little Red Riding Hood, led him there, none of that would've happened if Hood knew to not trust strangers. Specially a wolf, umm....." he looked at Kiara again, blushing intensely "I just got lost on my ranting, umm.... I think I'm....." he blushed, for a serious wolf like him, behaving like this was out of his comfort zone. Kiara made him go to said comfort zone, and it felt good... but weird... he wasn't sure what it was or how she did it, but it felt weirdly good "ummm.... I-I don't know." he ended, continuing walking down the street.

Sometimes, the citiznes would glare at them, word had spread about the rumors concerning him and Kiara. The town believed that Jaken was up to no good and that the 'poor' elf was in the wrong place, at the wrong time when the wolf 'claimed' her, as if this was a fucking elf trafficking event. Needles to say, the rumors of him killing the men last night was spreading slowly throughout town, it would be a matter of hours to reach familiar ears, but still, neither the elf nor wolf knew about that. For all they knew, everything was ok, last night was just an old dude being stupid and mislead by looks.

Jaken heard a heartbeat. Bum-bum, Bum-bum, Bum-bum. He looked at his right, the arm Kiara was grabbing, and he could hear her heart beatiing fastly, she was looking down. If it was any other situation, he would be worried about her, believeing that something was wrong with her, however, he knew that she was ok. That she was fine, that her heartbeat was.... just because of the moment, he could get her. His heart was beating fast as well, they were both nervous since this was something new for them. If observed from an angle, they were both on thee same page. They had little to no friends, always living minding their own business, and now, all of a sudden, they are going out, someone would say 'dating'. He could understand that this was something new for her as it was for him.

With every step into the forest, the noise of the city slowly began to die, and the werewolf liked that, not too much noise, just peace and quiet. Just like how he wanted to spend the time with her, them alone. With each others' company. One in the forest, the elf placed down the basket on the shade, and it was a beatiful site: the river in front of them, the trees blowing leaves and some flowers, the quiet sound of the water current, yeah, this was nice. Jaken stopped and thought about what he had missed. Usually, he would run over to catch a prey or to just run in his wolf form, but Kiara stopped him and made him observe what he was really missing, what beautiful site he had stepped on one too many times. He leaned on the tree trunk and looked at the forest. He ehard the elf giggle and tell him that they were gonna play hide and seek. The wolf smiled, it was like seeing a child play with her father.... father..... he had forgotten that word.... why did it flashed now?
Jaken snapped back and smiled at her "Alright then, guess I don't have a choice. I'll find you anyway, just like I did back at Gerald's." he turned around, facing the tree, leaned on it and counted "I'll give you 20. 1..... 2...... 3....." he heard the leaves crunching heading East "19.... 20!!! Ready or not, here I come!!" he stepped out and started to look for her, heading East, he doubted that Kiara would go that far, he didn't think that it would be something she would do. Maybe a 90 meter radius was good enough? He had to think where she could hide, maybe behind a tree or camouflaging herself in between the leaves or something? He looked around and heard closely, everything was quiet, steady, as if Kiara wasn't there. He would sometimes prance around and do strong corners behind a tree or rock, finding nothing, or look in between the bushes. He crouched and listened closely..... nothing.... nothing at all.... he had an idea. He went back to where he counted and checked for tracks, and so he did. Fresh tracks, he followed them, but found that at one point, the tracks lead to different paths. He smugged "I know what you want to do!!! You want to mislead me with all your tracks!!! Won't work, I've been tracking for years now!!! I'll find ya, just wait!!!" he followed the freshest track and found that it stoopped on a dead spot, there was nothing around. She was here... hiding somewhere...

"Yeah-yeah, I slept well, and had enough time to eat lunch.... what about you? Had time to eat? DId you sleep well? Ummm..." he blushed more "We can.... get you something to eat. Should be a trip down the store.... unless you have something in there, uuuu..... wh-what's the plan here?"
Kiara waved both hands in a polite manner, refusing his offer. “No, thank you! I just eat lunch, so I’m good.” She giggled nervously. It was easy to tell that both, elf and wolf were nervous, judging by the way that both kept throwing questions back at each other. “And I slept pretty well. The plan is easy, go to the woods, have some fun and spend a nice day.” The spellsinger said with a smile, trying to keep the conversation flowing, forgetting completely the scary presence that she had felt on the previous night.
"I wouldn't know... maybe I'm both? I can be a.... Big Kind Wolf? No! Correction, the hunter wasn't kind at all. He opened the wolf's stomach to take out the girls, filled it with rocks and dump the wolf down the river? How was that kind?! Sure, you could say, 'well, why did the wolf ate the girls?', well Little Red Riding Hood, led him there, none of that would've happened if Hood knew to not trust strangers. Specially a wolf"
The elf stopped, looking up at the bounty hunter, processing his words, then continued to walk, all this happened in a mere second. What shocked her was not Jaken’s perspective. No, what caught her off guard was the last part ‘to not trust strangers, specially a wolf’ and the one saying it, was none other than a werewolf! Was this some kind of warning!? No, it couldn’t be. The bounty hunter would never hurt her, right? Not after what they had gone through! It would make no sense! Yes, it was true that Jaken was a werewolf, and that he had... hurt and injured others in his past just to achieve his goals. But, it was also true that he had protected her, even agreeing with her plans, no matter how hard it was, if it mean that no one would get hurt. Realizing her line of thoughts, Kiara sighed, if Jaken was up to no good, Kiara would have been doomed a long time ago.

-Elbion college-
“I can’t believe that one of our students would mess with black magic...” Elaine comment while walking by Claude’s side.
“I know, but -” He paused, scratching his nape, although he wished for a false alarm, it was time to face the truth, there was no other way and he knew it. "I was there when the runes were checked, and I was not the only one reaching this conclusion. This incident… it was not like some evil creature have managed to cross or broke the barrier. No, whatever it was, someone summoned it from the inside.” A frown took over his features.
Elaine covered her mouth suppressing a gasp, before continuing. “Are you telling me that a student summoned an evil entity! Then why no one nor the runes can detect it!?"
“Maybe the conjuration failed, thus the creature returned to its realm… That would explain why the runes detected the threat, but didn’t activate the alarm ward. Still this is a serious matter and can’t pass unpunished.”
“You are right. I don’t want to imagine what could have happened if we had an evil creature roaming freely on campus. Anyway, it is our duty to find the one behind this incident.” Elaine stopped in front of a classroom door.
“What pisses me off is that the S.A.P. event was not that long ago! Everyone witnessed the bloodbath! So, why would a student do something like this!?” Realizing that Elaine had stopped, Claude turned to look at her. “I’m sorry if I startle you.”
“No. This is where we split up.” She said with a little smile.
“Your classroom. Right.” Claude nodded in acknowledge. “Well, good luck with your students, I too have to give a severe warning to mine.”

Back at the Large Meeting Room, the conversation between Hellius and the High Council was going from bad to worst.
“I refuse!” Hellius stood up from his seat, glaring all the Council members.
“You DON’T have a say on this.” The eldest one said in a calm tone, but displaying his authority over the male elf.
Hellius had had enough, the male elf locked eyes with the elder man, turning his hands into fists, trying to suppress his anger, remind himself that THEY were his superiors. But that fact wouldn’t change his answer, so in order to avoid a conflict, Hellius turned his back, walking away. Realizing the elf’s intention, another member stood up, slamming with both hands the table, calling Hellius back in an angry and authoritarian tone.
“CHRONOS! Come back here! Don’t you-" And the door closed, leaving the Council in the room. The elder took a deep breath, while the other man remained on his feet. “How dare he!?” The man was furious, turning his head to the elder, expecting a reaction, but the elder was… calm. The man’s anger only grew. “Say something, or we will accept this!?”
Slowly the elder turned to the man. “Please, calm down, and take your seat. We all know how Chronos reacts when Kiara is the subject.” The other man was about to speak, but the elder lifted a hand, signaling that he was not over. “Besides, we dont need Chronos' permission. What we need is her to agree. Summon Kiara.” The elder said calmly, crossing both hands, resting a bit his head on them. Clearly wisdom comes with age.

-Forest-
From the tall tree, between the branches and leaves, Kiara saw Jaken a few meters away. He was looking for her, checking behind a tree, the very same tree that Kiara dismissed! She couldn’t be more grateful for that decision, otherwise her game would have just ended by now. Moments later the spellsinger noticed the bounty hunter walking away. It crossed the elf’s mind to take this opportunity to make for a run and secure her victory, but her instincts stopped her.
"I know what you want to do!!! You want to mislead me with all your tracks!!! Won't work, I've been tracking for years now!!! I'll find ya, just wait!!!"
It proved to be the right call, since he was not too far away. If the elf had chosen to climb down, Jaken would have intercepted her on the way. Soon the werewolf was back, following her tracks, and this time, he was right under the tree where she was hidden! He hasn’t spotted her, YET. Although the spellsinger had used magic to climb the tree, she didn’t want to use a spell to mislead or lure Jaken away, it wouldn’t be fair. <"What now!? I can’t climb down with him right there! He will see me! And there is NO way of me going down without using magic! It's too high!"> She had only 3 options. One, wait for some miracle that would make Jaken look elsewhere. Two, get bold and make for a run with him right there, hoping that she would be faster than him in his human form. Or three, do nothing and let the inevitable happen, where he would eventually find her and she would lose all the chances of winning. After a quick-thinking, accessing all her options, Kiara had set her mind for the second one. Furthermore, it was not like this was the first time that Kiara would choose for the riskiest option if it meant a better chance. Slowly the elf stood up, preparing to jump as far as she could, not only to give her some a head start, but also to not land on top the Jaken, thus risking hurt him. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes, preparing herself, and in a swift and elegant move, Kiara jumped, casting a wind spell on the very last second, before she hit the ground, cushioning the fall. The moment her feet touched the forest floor, the elf used the momentum of the fall to propel her forward, making for a run at full speed for the tree where Jaken had counted. Kiara had no idea if the werewolf saw her jumping, or if he had realized only now what has happening. She didn’t look back to check it, not wanting to waste those precious seconds, these seconds would decide either she would win or lose.

Last edited:
The werewolf had stopped where the tracks had, he inspected them and looked around, trying to find a logical option, the only thing he could think of is that maybe she climbed a tree? But the trees look so damn tall, and the branches are far away for her to grab, he inspected the log and there seemed to be no trace of dirt on them, so Kiara could not have put her foot on it to go up, this was weird, he looked on the other trees but there was no trace. This made him nervous, the trace ended here and there seemed to be no signs of her anywhere. WHere could she be?! She... she couldn't have... just... being scooped up and kidnapped... right? No, no that wasn't possible. He would've heard it if that was the case, he was starting to get scared and fearful, panicked that the elf he loved might be in danger or had dissappeard because, once again, he wasn't there to protect her, his breathing became faster, but still silent, he looked for her around, getting more and more sccared and nervous, trying so hard to keep himself remain calm. He could hear her.... her voice....
"You are such a failure.... you can't protect her... you can't keep eye on her... how are you supposed to protect her if you can't find her in a hide-and-seek game?"
He shook his head, putting that voice away and trying hard to keep his sanity and composture. Kiara. Was. Hiding. That's the stupid point of hide-and-seek, she was fine, she was alright, she was safe, she is just hiding. She is fine. He needed to calm himself, he breathed. In... and out.... in.... and out.... his heart rate went down, but he wanted to find her NOW. She just couldn't have left no trail in a random spot, how could that be? However, he heard something moving on the branches, he looked up and saw leaves moving, some even falling down on him. He heard something moving on his back, he looked backwards and Kiara fell down from the tree, so she was hiding up there, how did she get up there? Before he could snap back, Kiara was running, Jaken looked at her, running away... why was she running away? Was she in danger??!! Who was it??!! Where was the threat??!! Wait... this was... hide-and-seek, it's been long since he had played hide-and-seek, since he was... maybe 11 years old. That is when he remembered: for the hider to win they need to touch the spot where the seeker counted and call themselves out! She was going to win if he didn't chased her!! Once his heartbeat calmed down, he ran after her, he was running fast, in fact, faster than Kiara, but then he thought.... maybe jsut let her win. Just let her have this sweet victory, he pretended to be slower than her while running.
"Get back here Little Red Riding Hood!! I want to visit your grandma!!! AWOOO!!!" he laughed and chased her "The Hunter won't save you now!!" but still he didn't reach her.
Once she was close to the safe zone, he launched himself to her, almost grabbing her, but just before his body came in contact with her, Kiara had saved herself. But still, that didn't safe her from Jaken grabbing her and taking her to the ground, offering his body as something to fall on instead of the hard ground, he hugged her on the ground and laughed "Mmm... guess that you managed to save yourself just in time.... good for you..." he slowly put a hairlock that had fallen out of place behind her ear, smiling at her "Good job....." he hugged her in a warm embrace... feeling relieved that she was ok, and that... his paranoias are... THAT: paranoias.... just him overthinking... he knew that not EVERYTHING was ok, but... it's not like EVERY WAKING moment there is danger lurking in the shadows. It's not... real.... noe here... not now... he sighed in relief and calmness, backing off and staring into Kiara's eyes once more, smiling and caressing her cheek softly... say it "I..... <<Just say it.... it's.... it's a risk that you must take... no, NO! Not now... you are not ready... you still haven't... you still haven't thought about it... what it might do.... not now.... not now...>> I.... I think that.... how did you climbed to that branch?" he changed theme "How did you reached that far without leaving any traces?"