Discussion What are some good non-linear RPGs?

tusy

Spam link removed
I'm looking for some fun RPGs for PS3 or XBox 360. My favorite kinds are the games like Oblivion where you can roam around and do what you want while developing your character any way you want. I was thinking about Demons Souls, but I hear it's very frustrating. I was also thinking about Valkyria Chronicles. Any others? What game should I get?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to find a game exactly like Oblivion or Skyrim. I hear Two Worlds (1 and 2) are like the poor man's Oblivion, but the voice acting is absolute torture.

Dragon's Dogma isn't that bad. Interesting story, rewarding fights. You may also want to try Divinity 2 as another RPG. I beleive Deus Ex Human Revolution is highly praised as well. The Fable games are supposed to be good, although I wasn't that captured by the first one. I can only hope you played the Witcher series and Dragon Age Origins.

The Witcher 2 is damn decent I love that one. Of course Skyrim a personal favorite of mine. The Fable series is always fun. Though I suggest starting with Fable Anniversary, then 2 and then 3. Dragon Age Inquisition for the 360 is possibly one of the better open worlds rpgs by Bioware, though playing Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 would be a good place to start before Inquisition even if they are not open world just for the story. Shadow of Mordor is decent as well since Shadow of War was mentioned. If you had a Xbox One I would suggest Elder Scrolls Online its open world and pretty fun. Since I spoke of Bioware the Mass Effect series is pretty good. Even if most people hated Andromeda I loved it. Neverwinter on the One is a good rpg if you like DnD and stuff. Thats about all the ones I can think of right off the top of my head.

If you like Isometric RPG's, I really enjoyed Tyranny, it's partially non linear and I will admit that I really like Assassins Creed: Odyssey, I'm not a big fan of Assassins Creed games, but it's a huge open world and lots of stuff to do that has nothing to do with the main story line.