Pandemonium Waves Along the Way

proxy.php

One, two, three...

It was so hard to count. Her thoughts were scattered. The road to Vel'Anir is long and they were likely to meet a challenge or two, so she had to be prepared.

... seven, eight, nine...

Valandil was safe. That was perhaps her main concern. He was to stay with his Uncle, Kaisane. After everything he'd been through, he needed some security. Kai was just the person.

... twelve, thirteen, fourteen.

Relieved that all of her throwing knives were accounted for, she began to secure them into place - three on each thigh, two on each arm, and two on each calf. Each throwing knife had been pre-coated with poison to ensure the weakening of her opponent. Her main weapons, two 14 inch Elven daggers, rested within their sheaths upon her hips. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail and then swung her cloak around her shoulders. No rain clouds in sight so there was no need for her hood.

... at least until I reach Vel'Anir.

She paused at the sound of footsteps approaching - no doubt Ericnox. He must be ready to depart. Niandra turned to catch her reflection in the mirror. Her gaze locked onto the blue and green eyes peering back at her.

... green. Why is my eye green?

Shaking the question from her mind, she lowered her gaze and stepped towards the door. It was time. She needed answers. With no certainty of what they were searching for, they would set out into Falwood. No matter what they might find, she vowed to avenge her fallen sister, and take back her home.

• Yay
Reactions: Raigryn Vayd
It was strange how much better one could feel after only a few hours of sleep. Since it all had happened, Ericnox had been running on overdrive. Most of the time, the only real rest he had gotten was when he had taken a few moments to sit back and pray. Otherwise he was almost always on the move. It had honestly seemed like he had not slept in weeks, if not months, but those couple of hours... It was a slice of heaven.

Stepping out of the make shift wash, he quickly dried himself off. The man was well built, had scars from battles long ago, but otherwise, most people would say he unremarkable. His armor still needed cleaned, but the clothing he wore under it had finished drying a few hours ago. He could see all the frayed edges on it, where he had lived in it for the run away from his home. It was time to get moving. There was no more reason to remain here. Everything had been done.

Each bit of armor he slid onto his body was given a small prayer over it as well. While it was more for himself, part of him had felt that his short time in the Templar order had helped him find a base. He had gotten stronger, better, and able to really hold his own much better after his training there, but when the order fell apart (or really, the faction he was in), he was left to wander, and he had still, these many years later, kept up the old habits. The fact he could still call upon the strength he could back then was a sign that it still worked too.

With the last of his armor strapped onto his body, he would pick up that blade that he carried. The sword with no true tip. The tool he carried was not used for war, it was used to serve justice... He said his final prayer over the blade itself before strapping it across his back and nodding once more. It was time.

He walked towards the door where Ni was, reaching up and knocking softly. "My dearest... It is time. We should get moving if we want to reach the next area before it gets too late." He said, looking at her and taking a slow breath. Even though he had shaved this morning, it already seemed like he had not even tried and already had a five o'clock shadow.

• Yay
Niandra opened the door and paused - her eyes quickly scanning Ericnox. It was important that he protect himself accordingly, or so she thought to herself.

... I can't bear to lose him too.

Her gaze settled upon his. She'd offer a nod of approval before stepping from the room and taking her place beside him.

"I need rations. I'm nearly out. I think there's a merchant near the gate."

She tensed as a other occupants passed by them in the hall. It seemed, ever since they were forced from their home, Ni carried with her a sense of dread and paranoia... worse than it had ever been before.

... everything's falling apart.

Side-eyeing the passing occupants, she hastily stepped from the door to make her way towards the stairs. "Eric, do you have a map? It's been some time since I traveled up this way."

Ericnox

• Yay
"I recall the merchant. Friendly guy, should be able to get what we need, though we will need to find some money soon, we are nearly out." He said, seeing her tense up as someone else passed her in the hallway. He could see the fear and tension that was within her, and he did the only thing he could at the moment... Simply reached up and placed a hand upon her shoulder in an attempt to keep her at ease.

When she asked about the map, Ericnox would nod once more. "I do. It's slightly out of date, but I can always update it as we go. I think a few inns have sprouted up along the way, and a couple have closed down, but that is simply the nature of the business." Eric said, doing his best to keep everything as level as possible as they walked down the stairs.

For now however, it simply time to continue forwards, as they always had. "I have heard that bandits are also on the roads, so we will need to keep an eye out. I'm sure they will accost us once, but I doubt more than that." He chuckled softly, knowing how quickly word of mouth can spread when it comes to a pair of lethal warriors on the roadways.

• Yay