Letters To Zinnia. . .

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.

Ysobel

Stormy
Character Biography
Link
Zinnia,

I doubt it will bring much comfort to you, but I have been burdened by the realization of how unkindly I treated you over the years. I understand that words will never be able to undo the rift I have caused between us with my bitterness and jealousy. I am embarrassed to share that I have been having nightmares in which I see the both of us as we interacted at the Academy. The hurt and confusion on your face has haunted me since...

I am sorry, Zinnia. You never deserved to be on the receiving end of my wrath. My behavior was never a result of anything you did or said. Not even my accusations of your flirting with Larkin were based in reality. I am sure you knew that, though. Everything I have said or done was a result of my own struggles as I searched for my purpose here. I never found it.

Anyway, I am sure you noticed that I was not the one to deliver you this letter, but I feel I should clarify: no, I am not dead. However, I will not return. Do not share this with Lumen for I know she will make it her life’s mission to bring me back. I am aware that running away is not a solution, but it is necessary. I promise you that.

All my love to you, Caeso, Lumen, and the Urahils,

-Ysobel

p.s. Under my bed is a bottle of wine I had been saving for the next girls' night. Enjoy it with Sol and Lu.

Zinnia

• Aww
Reactions: Zinnia
Zinnia read the letter. Blinked twice. Read it again. Looked to the messenger pigeon that had arrived on her window sill and sat expectantly for Zinnia to attach something new to it. Then she fetched a pen and parchment. She'd have to pick what information she shared...tactfully. A return letter was not the best way to find out how things had changed.

Dear Ysobel,

I admit, I never expected to get a letter from you in a thousand years. Not a nice one, anyways. I don't get nice letters.

Thank you, Ysobel, for your apology. I had always wished we could be friends, as I had always believed that you and everyone else at the Academy were my siblings. I am sorry to hear that you could not find your place here, and I am sad to know that you left.

I don't know where you've gone, or if you're comfortable with sharing, but if you'd like to continue corress writing letters to each other, I would like that.

I hope you are well, and please know that you are missed here. I will make sure that the wine doesn't go to waste.

Sinseer Yours truly,
Zinnia St. Kolbe

• Aww
Reactions: Ysobel
She hadn't planned on a reply from Zinnia given the circumstances of her last letter. However, the pigeon tapping at her window had finally struck one more item off of her guilty conscience.

Zinnia,

Perhaps in our next lives, we can be friends. As it stands, I figure it would be unlikely that our paths cross again. Unlikely. Not impossible.

I cannot tell you where I am, but I am safe here for now. I pray every day we don't have to pack up in the middle of the night if the elves decide we are not welcome.

How are things back at the Academy? I heard that Larkin is not dead. That was a nice surprise. Keep me updated with everything that is happening up there. Any interesting missions? Any drama
?

I would like to continue writing with you if you can promise me one thing. Burn every letter I send you in a timely fashion. Perhaps we will meet again one day. Until then, look for the pigeon.

Ysobel

• Aww
Reactions: Zinnia
Zinnia unsealed the next letter eagerly and read it over. "Elves?" Had she gone to the Falwood? Oh dear. Zinnia wrote her response up for the eager carrier pigeon.

Ysobel,

We can be friends now! Distance doesn't matter, though I do hope to see you again one day.

I'm glad you're safe. Please continue being so! Maybe get away from the elves if you can? I wish I could do more to help.

Things are...eventful. Missions are the same; fought Kristen's cousin in Bluecott a while ago, we all nearly died!

Much has changed. Many who were here aren't anymore. Some left like you, I think. Others didn't make it. I haven't seen Larkin in a while but I think he's still flirting with everything that walks.

Speaking of which, I started seeing Silas (of all people)! I have a sneaking suspicion he's seeing like three other girls, though. I'm kind of just happy for the attention. Anything eventful where you are?

Also paper burns very easy, and you know I burn things well. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Zinnia

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Ysobel