Private Tales This is the Emotion They Call Love

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"No, neither of us shift into a bird but we will be fine," Siobhan reassured her husband. She hoped they would but, of course, there was no way to know for sure. "We will go talk to your father and hopefully we will leave with his reluctant blessing."

Siobhan took Aranhil's hand again and squeezed it lightly. "We will get through this, Ari." She turned back to Signe. "Do as he said and lock the door behind us. If we are not back in a few hours, try to run."

"Ready?" She asked as she looked up into her husbands eyes.

Aranhil nodded, opening the door of his bedroom. He didn’t see anything but he could hear a soft scuttle of footsteps. He frowned. Of course someone was listening in on their conversation. He wondered how much they had heard and if they pledged loyalty to his mother or to his father.

Let’s go.” Aranhil said, one hand still holding Siobhan’s as he shut the door behind him. He sighed. This plan could work or it could fail and doom them all to either a quick death, a painful death, or just being miserable for the rest of their lives. He led them down the hall, about to head into his parent’s bedroom, but stopped.

He’s probably in his study.” Aranhil explained. He was so nervous he wasn’t really thinking straight, feeling a bit disoriented even in his own home. He then led them off to the study, or rather, his father’s special study. The door had a rune on the outside, magic to keep whoever he wanted out even when he was away on business.

Father. We need to talk.” Aranhil shouted, knocking on the door and wincing as a slight burst of energy stung him. Which meant that his father was probably inside. Seconds paused by, not a single sound could be heard, and then the door opened, just an inch.

Siobhan Voronwe

The Sidhe that Siobhan had seen at Galatea's side earlier peaked out and let out a huff of disgust before opening the door to allow entry.

Aranhil had been right about where his parents would be. Both Olis and Galatea sat near the fire with sour expressions lining their faces. Siobhan wanted to scowl at both of them but she simply squeezed Ari's hand. He should speak first, they were his parents.

Siobhan wished she could do this for him but she couldn't. She also wished she could kill Olis but she couldn't do that either. It was such bullshit.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil knew he had to speak first. The only issue was… well, what was he supposed to say? How to begin this conversation? And he had to start because Olis and his mother were staying silent. It was a power play and Aranhil knew that. He straightened his shoulders, lifting up his chin, trying to seem confident despite hardly feeling any of that.

I understand the plan was to marry Sybil, er, no Signe.” Well, off to a great start already, huh? “But I’d like to formally talk to both of you. I believe we can talk to the Lusce family and clear everything up. The Voronwe family did nothing wrong, obviously the Lusce sisters are at fault. But, we can forgive their offense. Instead of embarrassing the family that two of the younger sisters decided to make fools of themselves, we get to choose. And I want Siobhan. I find her more attractive.” Aranhil hoped Siobhan realized that he was trying to appeal to his father. He didn’t think her to be foolish anymore or that this whole thing was her fault. He also hoped that she understood that he didn’t just want her just because she was attractive. But Olis? Olis didn’t care about personality. He was too business-oriented for that.

“No.” Olis said during the slight pause. Aranhil glowered at his father. He shouldn’t have expected mere words or suggestions to sway that heartless man. But at least now he knew why he was heartless.

Then the Voronwe family will be shamed. You’ll never receive that noble status.” The look of rage on Olis’ face was evident by his scowl. It made Aranhil feel like he was getting somewhere so he continued before he could speak. “Siobhan saw all of it. Everything. You’re not an only child.” Aranhil said. “Your mother and father weren’t killed in a battle or from an accidental fire.” Aranhil then looked down at Siobhan. “Tell him what you saw, my wife.” He said, placing extra emphasis on wife.

Siobhan Voronwe

• Smug
Reactions: Sio Lusce
Siobhan was never going to have a good relationship with her in-laws and she had accepted that.

She was trying so hard to keep the smug smile off of her lips as Aranhil called her his wife with a little extra emphasis. Like he actually liked her or some shit. It didn't matter. As long as Signe was safe.

Siobhan was going to enjoy this so much.

"I saw quite the story. I saw you," she nodded at Olis. "I saw you go down into the basement and you saw that your father was some sort of beast who was eating your sister’s corpse. Naturally, you freaked the fuck out and killed your father."

She paused to enjoy the silence for a few moments before she continued on. "You decided to burn the place down and made it seem like a fire killed them...I can see that being forgiven and all but then you locked your own mother in the house to make it more convincing..."

The smug smile was there now. She couldn't keep it away anymore.

Aranhil Voronwe

Olis stiffened. And visibly the color began to drain from his face. He was as pale as a ghost, actually, it seemed like he had just seen a ghost. Perhaps he had, the proud man would never admit it but those conflicting feelings of shame and duty (duty! Of all things!) had come tumbling back.

Because the truth of the matter was that Olis had loved his little sister, dearly. His father was a absolute dick. In Olis’ biased opinion, he had treated Ari much softer than his father would have. In some sick way, Olis believed that he had outran his father’s shadow, but those memories proved otherwise.

“My dear?” Galatea whispered. Her head inclined to where Olis was standing. “My poor dear,” she murmured, moreso to herself. Ironic, she didn’t seem shocked by this fact. Most likely due to the fact that Olis had purposely blinded her when she killed his mate from using her foresight. The ultimate act of love between the two of them. Galatea could only dream in colors but that was a much kinder punishment that had befallen her compared to being condemned for murder and used for who knew what.

“So you’re blackmailing your own father, Aranhil?” Olis said, looking from Siobhan to direct his livid gaze at his youngest son. “Your own family? You’ll ruin your own future for some bitch?” Aranhil’s green-hazel eyes narrowed.

I’d be careful what I’d call Siobhan.” He warned. The air in the room seemed to ripple, the only indicator that Ari was actually quite upset by his father’s words despite his level tone.

“No one will believe you.” Olis said.

Oh, I think they will. The Lusce family has a lot of sway here. If anything, I’m sure General Lusce and General Saang Lusce will be pleased to have a reason to not associate with the Voronwe family upon finding this out. I’m sure the sisters would be forgiven for not having gone with a family that could tarnish their reputation.” Fae politics hadn’t been something Aranhil dabbled in often, but even he knew how important appearances were. Especially in Night Court.

Maybe Tulok will take our family in when we’re shunned…” Aranhil added. The final blow. He didn’t know the details but there had been a major disagreement with his family and the prince, years ago before Aranhil was even allowed to start sitting in on family business meetings.

“You know, Aranhil,” Olis said slowly, “Your mother and I always disagreed about only one thing about you.” Galatea frowned and took her husband’s hand. She knew what he was going to say, and it was evident she did not want him to say it. “We both agreed that you couldn’t be beaten into submission. You’d always do whatever you wanted, there was no cage that could ever hold you. You’re selfish and arrogant. She thought that was a good thing, thought that it meant you’d always keep moving forward and would never give up. I knew better.” The older man sighed.

“You’re a monster. Just like him.” Aranhil didn’t need clarification to know who his father was referring to. Olis then lifted Galatea up, and looked at Aranhil one final time. “Do whatever you want. There’s no point in trying to stop you. Monsters can’t be tamed.” He brushed out past Aranhil and Siobhan, looking at Siobhan as he said his final sentence, leaving the study. Galatea’s favored sidhe followed behind them.

Siobhan Voronwe

The episode with his father had caused Ari to spiral. Siobhan had been there for him, of course. He was her husband. She would always stand by him.

They had stayed with her family for a week and that was fun. Siobhan had her ass handed to her by her mother and Saang. It hasn't been pretty. Siobhan had cried a lot. Her mother had been disappointed in her but this was a whole new level of disappointment.

The young Voronwe couple was able to get a townhouse near their family friend, Rhaener. It wasn't anything huge or special. Three rooms upstairs, living room, kitchen, and washroom downstairs. Their decor was sparse but they did have basic furniture at least.

They'd been in the new place for a week now and Siobhan sat in the couch reading a leather bound book. Romance. Her favorite.

Aranhil Voronwe

• Cthuloo
Reactions: Itachi
Aranhil was a mess. Sure he managed to still appear clean and put together, on the outside only. The time with the Lusce family had been a nightmare for him. There was just that way that Saang looked at him that made Aranhil unsure if Saang was into him or if he hated him. Love and hate were technically two sides of the same coin, were they not? But who was worse than Saang was their mother, the matriarch of the Lusce family. Now she was scary. And hot.

Aranhil shook his head. He really was a mess. And the worst part of it all was was that he was so incredibly restless. He found joy in very, very little. He was constantly irritable. And every day he woke up, when he first woke up, he felt fine, but then soon after he’d remember everything that happened. He was pacing in one of the rooms upstairs, had been pacing for an hour or so, a bad habit that he had come about. He said it helped him to think.

Everytime he realized he had been pacing though, he’d stop, check the time, and feel a sense of anxiety, unable to really remember what had happened in the time that passed. He went downstairs, seeing Siobhan, reading. He couldn’t get into books the way she could, even though she tried and had given him so many suggestions.

Siobhan?” He ventured, trying to stop his bouncing leg and commanding it to still. Gods, why the fuck was he so jittery all of a sudden?

Siobhan Voronwe

Siobhan looked up at her husband with a smile as he came downstairs. He looked so tired and she wished she could do more. She wished she could help him but he was so closed off right now.

"Yes?" She answered dimpled as she closed her book and rose from the couch. She walked over to him slowly and took his hands in hers. "How are you feeling?"

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil looked over at Siobhan, at her hands holding his much larger hands. His shoulders slumped and not from relief but rather from all the pressure that just continued to keep building up in his back.

I feel fine,” he lied. He looked over at the book she had placed down on the couch, seconds passing by until his dark green hazel eyes flickered back over to Siobhan. “What are you reading?” He asked. “Hopefully something with a happy ending.” Because Kress knew they were far from such a thing.

Siobhan Voronwe

"It's a trashy romance so I am pretty sure a happy ending is required," she cracked herself up sometimes. She squeezed his hands again and smiled softly.

Siobhan stood on her toes and placed a kiss on his worried lips. "I love you, Ari, and I know you are lying. Talk to me! Please."

"You have been so off since that night at your parents house and I am worried."
She started to pull him to the couch.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil blinked slowly, looking down at Siobhan as she said those three words that he was never used to hearing in the first place. And despite her being adamant about her emotions, Aranhil just couldn’t help but think that she was lying about that. There was that shadow of doubt that kept him from being vulnerable. Even after what they had both been through and both supported one another with, Aranhil couldn’t be vulnerable. He wasn’t sure if he ever could. How did one undo centuries of abuse?

There’s nothing to talk about,” Aranhil said, sitting down on the couch. He did pull Siobhan onto his lap. Physicality didn’t bother him, not at all. If anything, he was still sensual, perhaps even more. And yet, everytime Siobhan said “I love you” he wanted to run away from her, far, far away. “You were there. I mean, fuck, my mom hasn’t even reached out? They have to know where we are, I mean, if they wanted to know where, they’d be able to find out right? Or do I have to reach out first?” Aranhil snorted. “What a crock of shit.” He said bitterly.

Siobhan Voronwe

Siobhan let out a small giggle when Aranhil pulled her onto his lap. She was very happy that their sex life had not suffered with his moods. He ruined her and now she wanted him naked the majority of the time. She let those thoughts vacate her mind as she hooked one of her arms over his shoulder and behind his neck. Her finger absently played with his hair as he spoke.

"Ari, she may need more time. Your father has a weird control over her that I do not understand." Was it love? Was it fear? A mixture of both? Siobhan could not understand sticking by the side of a monster like Olis. "Do you want me to send a note over to her for you? Maybe we could go visit when your father is off somewhere?"

She didn't know what his fathers schedule was but she did know that she needed to get Ari and his mom together. He needed to talk to her before he completely lost it.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil thought about Siobhan’s offer. He wasn’t sure what exactly that would do? Would it make things worse? Would it make things better? Or would it change nothing at all. The truth was, Aranhil felt that nothing could be worse than reaching out to his mother and getting no response at all. Apathy was worse than hate. At least to the duanann.

I think she loves my father,” Aranhil said, looking away from Siobhan. “I think sending her a note would probably put is danger, she’d tell him. I think.” A half truth or a half lie, Aranhil couldn’t distinguish between the two anymore. “Speaking of asshole dads,” a subject change was needed, Ari was already starting to feel antsy just briefly talking about his mess of familial bonds. “Have you… heard anything from your father? Or I guess anything your father has mentioned to Saang?

Siobhan Voronwe

Siobhan noticed the not so subtle subject change but she allowed it. She was not going to push him on the subject of his mother. She knew it was tough for him on a normal day.

"No and no. I haven't spoken to either. Saang is off on something that I didn't care to pay attention to and my father is my father. An asshole," she said as she continued to play with his hair and planted a small kiss on his cheek.

"Maybe we need to get away? Our honeymoon was cut short and now that we are settled...we could go somewhere. Maybe visit another Court?" She needed him to stop moping and being all sullen. It was driving her insane. It wasn't that he was usually all happy go lucky but at least he wasn't like this. She needed them to do something. She needed to get his mind off the fight with his parents.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil absently nodded his head to what Siobhan was saying. Well, at least maybe that was some sort of good news? It didn’t feel like good news but Aranhil felt like things could be much worse. Like the next thing to face after his parents was Siobhan’s father and Aranhil wasn’t sure he had the mental fortitude for that.

Visit another court?” Aranhil hadn’t been outside the Night Court for centuries, especially with the family war going on between the two brothers. He frowned. “Where would we go?” This was a rather honest question, albeit the pessimistic tone. “No one is exactly… thrilled when they know night court fae are in their own territory.

Siobhan Voronwe

Siobhan shrugged innocently. Of course she knew who would welcome a woman from Night Court and her supportive husband. She couldn't tell him that though. Not the real reason. She just knew that they would not be turned away.

"Winter Court," she said simply. Her hand finally stopped playing with his hair and the other came up to turn his face towards her. She smiled a tiny smile and then kissed him. "We need it, Ari...you need it..."

"We can go shopping and I have no idea what else but we can do it!"
Her voice held a new excitement now. "Or we could do find a beach somewhere and go skinny dipping everyday." She tilted her head a little and then kissed him once more before continuing, "I don't know but let's do something spontaneous and crazy!"

Aranhil Voronwe

The last thing I want to do is something spontaneous and crazy. I’m tired.” Aranhil didn’t realize how true that final statement was, despite it being only two words, it was the truest thing he said yet. “I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired.” He added, but frowned. He was never the best at describing his feelings, and was most definitely not a poet by any means. He sighed.

I mean look, if you want to go to winter court, we can go to winter court, I guess.” A part of him didn’t want to go, and not because he didn’t like winter court or because he didn’t want to get away. He didn’t want to go because there was a small flicker of hope that hoped his family would reach out to one another. That they had a chance to mend things. And what if they sent him that letter when he was off in winter court? What if they sent that letter and then because he didn’t reply fast enough they wrote him off completely?

If they hadn’t wrote him off completely yet.

I just don’t feel like doing anything anymore.” He said honestly. He hadn’t touched his bow more than he had needed to. “Everytime I wake up, at first, I feel fine. And then seconds later I remember everything. And then I’m no longer fine.

Siobhan Voronwe

Siobhan rolled her eyes at his response. She did not know what to do anymore. She was sick and tired of his moping around bullshit but here they were. Too bad she couldn't just go somewhere by herself since he didn't want to join her.

She unwrapped her arms from around his neck and removed herself from his lap. "No, it was just a suggestion, I don't want to go anywhere," her tone said otherwise. She was irritated. She picked up the book she was reading and walked over to the chair opposite the couch where Aranhil sat now.

Siobhan gave him a look and then opened her book. She was in no mood for his pity party today.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil sighed, and rolled his eyes when she gave him that nasty look.

What’s with your stink face?” He said. Anger was good, Aranhil liked being angry. Everything was so much easier when he was mad. “Oh sorry I’m not all fun and happy. Serious shit happened to me and you’re fine with it because it’s not your family. If your mother wasn’t talking to you or if Saang wasn’t talking to you or any of your sisters refused to speak to you, how would you feel? Fine? You wouldn’t, trust me!” He got off from the couch and started to stomp around the room.

If this was happening to you the last thing I’d do was suggest going to winter court to go fucking skinny dipping of all things!

Siobhan Voronwe

Siobhan looked up from her book long enough to realize she had married a child who was way older than her.

She sighed heavily, "stop being a fucking child. You are four times older than me and you are acting like someone took your ice cream."

She looked back down at her book.

• Cthulhoo rage
Aranhil’s mouth hung open. Did she… did she really…? Oh she did.

I’M BEHAVING LIKE A CHILD?!” Aranhil shouted, continuing to stomp around, not yet seeing that he was being incredibly immature. He then turned around and pointed an accusatory finger at her.

You’re… you’re…!” He didn’t know what to say back to that. “I need a moment to myself!” He didn’t want to fight with her not really, so he went back upstairs, stomping up the entire way, grumbling to himself how he was right and women didn’t make sense.

||10 minutes later||​

Aranhil came back down the stairs, still frustration but less likely to blow.

I just feel…” he said, looking up, trying to remember advice he had been given by Signe in how to “nicely” talk to someone. “That you aren’t considering… my… feelings” he said as quietly as he could.

Siobhan Voronwe

Siobhan did not even dignify his tantrum by looking up from her book. They had fought before and this was really nothing in comparison to those first few days together. This was almost peaceful in comparison. Okay...more annoying. Her smile was smug as he stomped up the stairs like a child.

He eventually returned to the livingroom and she finally looked up at him again. Siobhan closed her book, uncrossed her legs, and stood. She placed the book on the chair before walking over to Aranhil. Her right hand found his cheek and she gently stroked it with her thumb.

"I am considering your feelings but there is nothing that can be done by moping around here. You either reach out to your mother or you start to move on and hope she reaches out to you." She hated that his family had been the price he had to pay in all of this but his parents were fucking assholes. Ari was a mama's boy though and she was going to make sure they were okay again somehow.

She just was not going to deal with this bullshit forever though. He was a grown ass adult.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil felt his shoulders slump and he nodded his head at Siobhan’s words. She was right, it’s just that he didn’t like that she was right about the options he had— he didn’t like either. There was the fear of rejection more than anything else that prevented him from reaching out to his mother because he wasn’t upset with her, not really.

It was just his father that he didn’t like and Aranhil was smart enough to understand that a woman’s place in the night court was to only support the husband however he desired, nothing more or less.

So… Winter Court… that’s really where you want to go?” He said, for now, moving away from their current conversation about his decision on what he should do with his family.

Siobhan Voronwe

"No," Siobhan replied quietly. She didn't know where she wanted to go but she did know that they needed to get away for a little bit. She stood up on her tiptoes and gave him a kiss on his still pouty lips.

"Where do you want to go?" Siobhan asked with a smile as her hands started to wonder down the front of his chest. Her fingers slipped underneath his shirt and wondered over his broad body before she wrapped them around his waist. "What do you want to do?"

Aranhil Voronwe

• Devil