Fable - Ask The Siren's Song

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
"I know, I'm absolutely wicked! But yes, probably best that we don't do anything to injure that poor little head of yours," she said, fondly stroking Charity's forehead. "I've gone and gotten you too drunk again. See, I'm a terrible influence. You really should be more careful who you trust, love. For all you know, this is all part of my evil plan to wait until you pass out and then take wanton advantage of you! But don't worry, I'll make sure you're fast asleep. You won't remember a thing." Honey teased her shamelessly.
Once Charity had sobered up after the party, she had vowed that she was going to be extremely careful about how much she drank around Honey. Yet there she was... Drunk again and lying on her bed, wanting nothing more than to cuddle with Honey and beg her to never leave. "Damn this woman..." Charity thought angrily to herself. "I'd bet a chest full of loot that she knows exactly what she's doing!"

A pout formed on Charity's lips and she glared at the ceiling. "If that was really your plan, you didn't need to get me drunk first ya know. Could've just asked and I woulda let you do whatever you wanted as long as I got to be awake for it." she grumbled quietly, mostly to herself, but also loud enough so the other woman was sure to hear.

Honey seemed to be taking great pleasure in teasing Charity for having feelings for her. "Why was she acting like this?" Charity wondered. Maybe Honey had never had anybody genuinely like her for who she was and didn't know how to handle it.

"You really are protective of that boy, aren't you?" Honey asked with a smile. "That's good. He needs someone to look after him. Lost his mother far too soon and he's been taking care of himself ever since. Urchin does his best, but he always seems to end up in more trouble than he can handle. I do worry about him...
Protective? Protective didn't even begin to cover how she felt about Urchin. To Charity, Urchin was like a child's favorite teddy bear. Something about having him around was comforting for her. And he had reminded her of what it was like to have a best friend again.

But still, to her he was more than that. Charity had come to see him as part of her family. Urchin was like a little brother to her. She couldn't explain how he had gone from a runt on the street she had felt sorry for, to somebody who lived with her and shared in her adventures. He was somebody she deeply cared for. Somebody who she constantly was scolding and fretting over. If Urchin suddenly disappeared, Charity wouldn't know what to do with herself.

Charity tried to convey these thoughts to Honey but couldn't be sure she had gotten her thoughts across in an understandable manner.

Awh, Charity was such a sweet heart! Wait, were those tears in her eyes? "Oh, baby, don't cry!" Honey begged as she pulled her in close. "It's okay sweet pea, I'm alright. I haven't given up yet. I'm sure I'll see them again one day. It's Alliria after all. The Trade Capital of the world. They'll turn up eventually... To be honest, as much as I can't wait to see them again, it's a reunion I kind of dread. I'm not exactly the sweet little girl they left behind anymore. I kind of doubt that this is the life my parents had dreamed for me... I only hope I'm not too much of a disappointment."
Charity returned the hug, relieved to hear that Honey wasn't upset and hadn't given up hope. She held onto Honey for as long as she thought she could get away with, before laying down and putting her head in Honey's lap. "I'm sure you'll see them again someday!" Charity looked up at her with a smile. "They'll probably be proud that you managed to survive this long on your own!"

"Yeah... Urchin's a real sweetheart isn't he."
Charity said with a soft smile. "Always looking out for other people and trying to help! He can be a real pain in the ass at times, but he has a heart of gold!" She paused for a moment before adding "We're both blessed to have him in our lives!"

Charity was struggling to keep her eyes open as she wracked her brain trying to think of something else to talk about. She wasn't sure if it was because of the wine or because it was getting late. Either way, she tried to force herself to sat awake. Her time with Honey couldn't end this quickly! But before she knew it, she had gently drifted off to sleep, a small smile on her face. Though Charity didn't know it, she was quietly mumbling in her sleep.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Honey
"If that was really your plan, you didn't need to get me drunk first ya know. Could've just asked and I woulda let you do whatever you wanted as long as I got to be awake for it."

Honey giggled at Charity's rather brazen reply to her joke. "Oh, sweet pea, you know I'd never corrupt you like that," she reassured the girl as she gently stroked her hair. "You're lucky, you still have all those important moments ahead of you. You get to share them with the person you love. Don't throw them away on the first tart that smiles on you. Wait until you find someone special." Honey insisted, still not really clueing on to the fact that to Charity, she was special.

"I'm sure you'll see them again someday!" Charity looked up at her with a smile. "They'll probably be proud that you managed to survive this long on your own!"

"Thanks love. I really hope you're right," Honey replied. It was a concern she had that her family would be disappointed in the way she turned out, but really, he main concern should be that she wouldn't actually see them again. She had been waiting so many years. Perhaps they never would show up after all. Still, Honey tried her best not to worry about that. It upset her, and Honey tended to deal with things that upset her by just not thinking about them and pretending everything was fine. Probably not the healthiest approach, but still.

"We're both blessed to have him in our lives!"

"He's blessed to have you in his life," Honey insisted. Before he met Charity, Urchin was a helpless little street runt who ran around barefoot in tattered rags. But now... Well, he was still a helpless little street runt, but he was well fed, well clothed, had a roof over his head and also seemed to be doing a much better job of taking care of himself. Charity's influence had definitely rubbed off on him. "We both are," she assured the girl. Charity really was an angel. She always made Honey smile. Was always so kind to her. Always treated her with respect. It was very rare for Honey to find female friends. Other women had a tendency to judge her and try and keep her a good distance from their husbands. Charity was the opposite. She actually seemed to genuinely enjoy Honey's company. To actually care about her as more than just a half hour romp in the hay. It was something Honey wasn't used to and wasn't really sure how to deal with. She continued lavishing her playful and flirty attentions on Charity, as that was the main way she knew to get people to like her. But if anything she seemed to be upsetting Charity. That definitely wasn't her intent. Whatever damage was done, Honey really hoped that she could find a way to fix it. She didn't want to lose Charity. People like her were few and far between, and letting someone like that slip through her fingers would be the worst mistake that Honey could make. She'd figure out a way to make things right... Though, maybe in the morning would be best. It looked like Charity had well and truly succumbed to the alcohol and was now sleeping peacefully.

With a smile on her face, Honey continued to gently stroke Charity's hair as she watched her sleep. She looked so sweet and innocent, and seemed to be having a conversation with her mother in her dreams. So adorable! Honey couldn't help but lean over and gently kiss Charity on the forehead. "Good night, baby girl," she whispered very softly, before looping her arm over Charity and snuggling up close to her. She shouldn't fall asleep here. That wasn't a good idea. But maybe just a five minute rest... Or ten minutes... Or half an hour... Or all night.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne
"Oh, sweet pea, you know I'd never corrupt you like that," she reassured the girl as she gently stroked her hair. "You're lucky, you still have all those important moments ahead of you. You get to share them with the person you love. Don't throw them away on the first tart that smiles on you. Wait until you find someone special."
Charity looked up at Honey in disbelief. Was Honey being willfully oblivious, or was she just dense? How had she not figured it out by now? Charity had passionately kissed her in front of everybody at the Siren's Song. She never would have kissed somebody like that if she only liked them as a friend. And then throw the constant cuddling into the mix. If anything, Charity thought that she had been too obvious about her love for Honey.

She had experienced many crushes over the years, and except for Emma, they had all been fleeting. But Honey was different than her previous puppy loves. Ever since the party, Charity wanted, needed, Honey around. She wanted to share every aspect of her life with her.

"But you are special to me!" Charity suddenly blurted out before she could stop herself. Her hand flew up to cover her mouth before she said anything else, and her face became bright red. "Umm... Sorry. Was trying to keep that to myself. Forget I said anything..." Charity mumbled as she avoided looking at Honey.

She somewhat awkwardly talked to Honey about Urchin for a while, eventually falling asleep in Honey's lap.

Charity carefully set her teacup down, and looked at her mother uncertaintly. "This time together has been wonderful! But there was something I would like your help with." Charity said carefully. "Umm... Well... You see, I met somebody at one of Urchin's events and I think I might like them."

"I see..." her mother responded. She had known about this other person for a while and had just been waiting for Charity to bring it up. "Is it someone I know?"

"Maybe... Her name's Honey. One of Urchins friends. She works over at a local tavern as a... Singer." Charity avoided talking about Honey's real profession, not wanting her mother to judge her for falling in love with a lady of the night.

"And does she feel the same way about you?"

"I don't know... I hope she does but I can't be sure. Haven't really had these kinds of feelings before, so that's why I came to see you..."

"You just have to be honest with her and tell her how you feel. And if she doesn't feel the same way, well that's just a risk you'll have to take."

"But..." Charity huffed.

Suddenly everything around her faded away. "Wait!" she cried frantically, reaching towards her mother who was rapidly disappearing.

Charity's eyes snapped open. The grey light of dawn was seeping through the windows and the birds were beginning to sing.

She tried to sit up but something was wrapped around her. Her heart raced as she realized it was Honey's arm. She hugged the arm that was draped over her with a smile on her face, and cuddled in as close as she could get to Honey.

Charity promised herself that before Honey left, she would tell her how she felt. She dozed off again, waking only when the other woman stirred.

• Cthuulove
"But you are special to me!"

"Oh, Charity!" Honey gasped, looking genuinely like she was going to cry. Charity was such a sweetheart. Honey had no idea what Charity saw in her, or what she had done to deserve these feelings, but the fact that Charity cared for her so much meant the absolute world. "And you're special to me know, you know that right?" she asked as she continued to stroke Charity's hair. "You'll always be my number one girl."

But then Charity was asleep... And then she was asleep. And after drinking half a bottle of wine, she slept very soundly until the gentle twittering of the birds woke her up. Well, this was strange. By now, Honey was used to waking up next to someone in a bed that wasn't her own, in a room she didn't recognise, but in those situations, her clothes were usually on the floor. This was a nice change. Someone actually respected her enough not to push their luck when she was clearly intoxicated. Who was it again?

... Oh yeah, Charity! That had been a lovely night they'd had together. Charity was such an angel. It was so nice to be around someone who actually cared about what she had to say for once. They would have to do this again. Charity was so much fun to be around and Honey absolutely loved her company. Being so close with someone you cared so much for and who cared so much for you. Sharing intimate details of your life with them and learning everything you could about them. Having someone that you could laugh and cry with and be so happy to be close to them. It was almost like... ... ... Well, Honey wasn't exactly sure what it was like. She'd never really experienced it before. She only knew she wanted more.

A smile lit Honey's face as she looked down on Charity as she slept, listening to her soft breathing and watching the gentle rise and fall of her chest. She really was adorable. She looked like a little angel. After brushing a strand of hair away from Charity's face, Honey noticed the way the light caught Charity's lips, giving them a beautiful shine. Such a lovely, soft, pink colour. And before Honey could catch herself, she found herself leaning forward and placing the softest of kisses on Charity's lips, very gently so as not to wake her. She still tasted like cherries... Oh dear, what the hell was she doing? Hadn't she spent last night explaining to Charity exactly why this wasn't a good idea? What in the name of the God's had come over her?

• Cthuulove
"Oh, Charity!" Honey gasped, looking genuinely like she was going to cry. Charity was such a sweetheart. Honey had no idea what Charity saw in her, or what she had done to deserve these feelings, but the fact that Charity cared for her so much meant the absolute world. "And you're special to me know, you know that right?" she asked as she continued to stroke Charity's hair. "You'll always be my number one girl."
"Hey now," Charity said softly seeing Honey on the brink of tears. She propped herself up on her elbow and rubbed Honey's arm soothingly. "I know I am... I know." She smiled at Honey and laid back in her lap. "Don't worry! You'll always be my number one girl too!" Before long she was sound asleep.

The smell of sweet perfume awoke Charity and she felt something softly pressing against her lips. A warm feeling spread through her and she instinctively reached up and placed her hand on the back of Honey's head, lightly pulling her downwards and deepening the kiss. Her fingers stroked the back of Honeys head and neck like she had been taught the night before. The aggression and desire of her previous kisses had vanished, replaced with a gentle loving tenderness that strove to convey the feelings she couldn't put into words. Charity hastily pulled away once she realized what she was doing. "Umm... Mornin' love..." she mumbled, her cheeks pink.

"Ya know, its not very nice to take wanton advantage of a girl when she's not even awake to enjoy it!" Charity gently scolded Honey as she sat up to face her. "Just couldn't help yourself, could you?" she teased, a smile playing on her lips.

"Remember," Charity said in a more serious tone, "This wasn't a good idea. We're better off pretending like none of this ever happened and going on about our lives. Chalk it up to two friends having too much to drink." A brief wave of sadness washed over her. She had hoped with all her might that this would become something more. But Honey was right. There was too much that could go wrong between them.

Charity looked deeply into Honey's eyes, wondering how she had been fortunate enough to befriend a woman like her. "Last night was a lot of fun! It was so nice to finally have a chance to sit down and just talk without a bunch of things happening around us. We really should do this more often!"

And she meant it. Charity had never experienced anything like what had happened last night. Honey was a delight to be around, and she cherished the chance to just down and learn more about her. She loved spending time learning new things about her friend and growing even closer to each other. She supposed she had experienced something similar when Urchin first came to live with her. But with Honey it was... different. More... intimate? Charity wasn't sure if that was the right word to describe it, but whatever it was, she wanted to be immersed in it every second for the rest of her life.

Charity became solemn and she took Honey's hands in hers. "I really want to thank you for being so understanding about all of this." she said looking away with a sigh. "I was a dummy for taking a drunken kiss the wrong way. So I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble."

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
And before Honey could pull away, Charity had woken up. And what had meant to be a simple peck on her lips had turned into a long and intimate kiss... And not only was Honey not trying to pull away, she was embracing it fully. Never before meeting Charity had she realised that she enjoyed kissing women so much more than kissing men. Each man was different of course, but the scratchiness of their stubble or the foul taste of tobacco smoke or just the forceful way they shoved their tongues down her throat, kissing customers just always felt like a vexation that she had to endure. But with Charity, it was an entirely new experience. Her lips were soft and her the hand on the back of her neck was gentle and her tongue still had a faint sweet taste of the wine they had drunk the night before. She should pull away. She knew she should. Hell, she shouldn't have initiated the kiss in the first place. Especially after everything she had said last night! And yet she completely ignored all common sense and simply gave in to her own desires. The kiss didn't end until Charity pulled away.

"Umm... Mornin' love..."

"Good morning," Honey replied sweetly as she gently brushed Charity's fringe away from her face and just looked into those beautiful blue eyes of hers. She was so pretty. And the way her cheeks turned that shade of pink when she blushed was adorable. Damn. What the hell was Honey playing at? She was going to end up breaking this poor girl's heart, she just knew it.

"Ya know, its not very nice to take wanton advantage of a girl when she's not even awake to enjoy it!" Charity gently scolded Honey as she sat up to face her. "Just couldn't help yourself, could you?"

"I know, I know, I'm terrible," Honey replied with a smile, though she couldn't bring herself to laugh this time. This wasn't a harmless game anymore. She was playing with Charity's emotions here and it wasn't fair. "You just looked so pretty sleeping there. Like a peaceful little angel. Has anyone ever told you that?" So, now what? She knew that Charity had feelings for her. Now Charity knew that Honey felt the same. Both of them knew this was a bad idea... And yet here they were.

"Remember," Charity said in a more serious tone, "This wasn't a good idea. We're better off pretending like none of this ever happened and going on about our lives. Chalk it up to two friends having too much to drink."

"You're right, you're right," Honey agreed, pulling back and laying herself down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. "See what a hypocrite I am, I give you the whole spiel about doing the sensible thing and the next thing you know, I'm all over you. What's that old saying? "Do as I say, not as I do." Glad to see that you're a lot more sensible than I am."

"I really want to thank you for being so understanding about all of this." she said looking away with a sigh. "I was a dummy for taking a drunken kiss the wrong way. So I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble."

"Oh, sweet heart," Honey murmured as she turned around to face Charity once again. "You didn't take it the wrong way at all. This is all on me, remember, I'm the one who can't seem to keep away from you. First I kiss you at the party, then I tell you it was all a drunken mistake, then I go and kiss you again... And then you apologise to me for "causing trouble"? No love, I'm the only one who's trouble here. Might as well have "trouble" tattooed on my forehead. That's the problem. You're a sweet girl and I really, really like you. But if you end up getting involved with someone like me, I'm only going to end up hurting you. And I don't want to do that! I might feel no shame, but I do feel guilt, and if I ever toyed with your emotions or made you cry when you've only ever been good to me... That's the last thing I would ever want to do! You're very, very special to me Charity. I've never had anybody like you in my life before. I care about you a lot and I really don't want to lose you."

• Cthuulove
Charity felt a rush as Honey returned the kiss. She was sure Honey would be upset with her for being so bold. But it was the opposite. If anything, Honey seemed to be enjoying it even more than she was. Charity broke the kiss with a small sigh of longing. But now she had the answer to the question that had been burning in her head all night. Honey did share her feelings.

She smiled happily as Honey brushed the hair out of her face and greeted her sweetly. In all her years, never once had Charity dreamed of falling in love with such a beautiful woman. She had always assumed that she would never find love. What man would fall in love with a rowdy woman like her? They would likely want her to just be quiet and obedient, and that was ever going to happen.

"You just looked so pretty sleeping there. Like a peaceful little angel. Has anyone ever told you that?"
"Yeah... Urchin said something like that once. I was so caught off guard by it, I turned red as a tomato and whomped him with my pillow! He hasn't made any comments like that since!"

"You're right, you're right," Honey agreed, pulling back and laying herself down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. "See what a hypocrite I am, I give you the whole spiel about doing the sensible thing and the next thing you know, I'm all over you. What's that old saying? "Do as I say, not as I do." Glad to see that you're a lot more sensible than I am."
"Me? Sensible?" Charity scoffed, laying down next to Honey. "If you weren't so adamant about this being a bad idea last night, I woulda been all over you MUCH sooner. You've seen how little self control I have when I've been drinking."

"Oh, sweet heart," Honey murmured as she turned around to face Charity once again. "You didn't take it the wrong way at all. This is all on me, remember, I'm the one who can't seem to keep away from you. First I kiss you at the party, then I tell you it was all a drunken mistake, then I go and kiss you again... And then you apologise to me for "causing trouble"? No love, I'm the only one who's trouble here.
"I'm glad you can't keep away from me." she said with a smile, draping her arm over Honey and carefully pulled her closer until their bodies were almost touching. "Hey... Its alright. Let's just forget about who started what, who took what the wrong way, or who's fault it might be. None of that really matters in the long run, now does it?"

You're a sweet girl and I really, really like you. But if you end up getting involved with someone like me, I'm only going to end up hurting you. And I don't want to do that! I might feel no shame, but I do feel guilt, and if I ever toyed with your emotions or made you cry when you've only ever been good to me... That's the last thing I would ever want to do!
"How can you be so sure that you'll only end up hurting me?" Charity asked quietly. "I know what I'm getting into. Just because it hasn't worked out for other girls you know, doesn't mean it can't work for you. You have much better odds for things working out if you try to look at what could go right instead of focusing on what could go wrong." she said with a small smile.

You're very, very special to me Charity. I've never had anybody like you in my life before. I care about you a lot and I really don't want to lose you.
"You won't lose me." Charity whispered softly as she cupped Honey's face in her hand and tenderly rubbed her cheek with her thumb. "There's always a chance things won't work out and I'll get hurt, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. And I'll do my damndest to work through any problems we might face to make sure we can have a good life together. We'll never know if it'll work unless we try."

"I love you Honey, and nothing is ever going to change that."
She looked deeply into Honey's big blue eyes before lightly brushing her lips across Honey's and pulling away with a soft smile.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"Yeah... Urchin said something like that once. I was so caught off guard by it, I turned red as a tomato and whomped him with my pillow! He hasn't made any comments like that since!"

Honey couldn't help but laughing at that. Yes, she could definitely imagine Urchin saying that. That boy just said whatever popped into head at the time, regardless of how inappropriate it may be. "So I don't get "whomped" then? I must be really special," Honey teased. Though she wouldn't be particularly opposed to a pillow fight. Wasn't that what girls were supposed to do on slumber parties?

"If you weren't so adamant about this being a bad idea last night, I woulda been all over you MUCH sooner. You've seen how little self control I have when I've been drinking."

"A lot more than me at least," Honey reminded Charity as she rolled onto her side and started gently stroking Charity's hair. "How'd you do it Charity?" she asked with a smile. "How'd you make me go so crazy about you? I know everyone thinks I'm a massive tart because I flirt with everything with a pulse, but I'm really not. It's all just business. To be honest, it all gets exhausting and I'm happy to get a break when I can. Hell, if I didn't get paid for my services, I'd probably just start punching every man who approached me in the balls to save time telling them that I'm not interested. But with you... I'm acting just like one of those, starry-eyed teenagers in those songs the bards sing of star crossed lovers, sneaking out in the middle of the night for five minutes together under the stars. It's not like me Charity. I'm turning into a lovesick, air-headed idiot, and it's all your fault," Honey chided her... Though granted, she sounded rather pleased about the whole thing, however foolish it might be on her part.

"How can you be so sure that you'll only end up hurting me?" Charity asked quietly. "I know what I'm getting into. Just because it hasn't worked out for other girls you know, doesn't mean it can't work for you. You have much better odds for things working out if you try to look at what could go right instead of focusing on what could go wrong."

"That... Is definitely not something I'd considered," Honey admitted. As far as she had always been concerned, love and whores just didn't mix, and for those foolish enough to try and combine the two, it always ended in disaster. But, what if this time was different? What if their relationship was wonderful? What if this was the one shot at real love that Honey had? Was she really going to let it slip through her fingers just for the sake of being sensible? "You know you can't trust me," Honey felt compelled to remind her. "You'll never know where I am or who I'm with. And whenever I see you in public, I'll have to pretend that we're just friends and there's nothing going on between us... Would you really be okay with that?"

"There's always a chance things won't work out and I'll get hurt, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. And I'll do my damndest to work through any problems we might face to make sure we can have a good life together. We'll never know if it'll work unless we try."

"Oh damn it Charity," Honey cursed before pulling her close and kissing her deeply. This was stupid. It was impulsive and selfish and completely irresponsible and Honey didn't give a damn. Why should she always have to do the "right" thing? The "sensible" thing? She had lived her entire life that way and it certainly hadn't made her happy. Perhaps doing something reckless for once might actually do her some good.

"I love you Honey, and nothing is ever going to change that."

At that statement though, Honey couldn't help but sigh and shake her head. The forbidden L word. Why did she have to say that? Honey couldn't quite explain it, but somehow it made her feel guilty. As if she had somehow tricked Charity into loving her. Perhaps because manipulating men into having feelings for her was all part of her job. Had she subconsciously done the same thing to Charity? She really didn't know.

"Why?" Honey asked, genuinely curious. "I know I'm good for a few laughs, and I'm not exactly an eyesore, but besides that, I'm really nothing special. What's a great girl like you see in me?"

The real question was, did Honey feel the same way about Charity? ... ... ... No. No she didn't... Did she? She really wasn't sure. Did she love Charity? Yes, definitely. She absolutely adored the girl. But it wasn't the romantic, intimate, one person for the rest of your life, family and wedding bells kind of love that she heard about in stories... Was it? She really couldn't tell anymore. As a child, her idea of love was meeting a handsome prince, dancing the night away in a pretty dress and marrying him the next day. But before she was even an adult, before she'd even had her first kiss, she'd learned very quickly just how disconnected love and intimacy could be. By now, her ideas of love and romance and sex and passion had become so warped and twisted that she wasn't even sure she could even experience love like other people did. But what she had with Charity... Whatever it was, it was like something she'd never experienced before. She might not be certain what is was, but she definitely wanted to find out.

• Cthuulove
"So I don't get "whomped" then? I must be really special," Honey teased.
"You know you are!" Charity said with a grin. "Nope! No "whomping" for you! I mean... I can if you're into that sort of thing... but I'd rather not!" she giggled.

"How'd you do it Charity?" she asked with a smile. "How'd you make me go so crazy about you?
A look of utter confusion clouded Charity's face. "W-What do ya mean "How'd I make you go so crazy for me"? I have no idea! Far as I can tell I didn't do anything any different than I normally would. I returned your flirting but that's all I can think of!" Charity shrugged uncertainly and spent a moment looking into Honey's eyes, before a smile crept onto her lips.

"Now you on the other hand, I know exactly what you did. How's a girl not supposed to go crazy when a beautiful woman flirts with her? I know that's just how you are with everybody, but its been making me go a little crazy since day one! And what's a girl to do when said beautiful woman kisses her out of the blue? Go crazy and fall in love! That's what!"

I know everyone thinks I'm a massive tart because I flirt with everything with a pulse, but I'm really not. It's all just business. To be honest, it all gets exhausting and I'm happy to get a break when I can. Hell, if I didn't get paid for my services, I'd probably just start punching every man who approached me in the balls to save time telling them that I'm not interested.
"It must be exhausting!" Charity agreed. "I'd never be able to do it. Not even for a minute! You can always visit me if you need a break!" She laughed loudly as Honey spoke of punching the men. "I've had to do that more times than I can count. But once you do it one time, they tend to give you plenty of space after that!"

But with you... I'm acting just like one of those, starry-eyed teenagers in those songs the bards sing of star crossed lovers, sneaking out in the middle of the night for five minutes together under the stars. It's not like me Charity. I'm turning into a lovesick, air-headed idiot, and it's all your fault," Honey chided her.
"Good!" Charity said reaching over to brush Honey's hair off her face. It made her happy to hear how pleased Honey sounded about the effect Charity was having on her. "You're having the same effect on me ya know! I was the last person I ever expected to fall in love. A rowdy, independent girl like me tied down to somebody else? No thank you! But here I am, falling for a beautiful woman. Ever since we talked before my fight, you're all I've been able to think about!"

"You're the one who made me realize that I loved you, you know..."
Charity murmured quietly after a pause, a more serious expression on her face. "I've had a bit of a crush on you since the day you rescued Urchin and I from those guards. If we hadn't kissed at the party, I think I would still be in denial!"

"You know you can't trust me," Honey felt compelled to remind her. "You'll never know where I am or who I'm with. And whenever I see you in public, I'll have to pretend that we're just friends and there's nothing going on between us... Would you really be okay with that?"
"I do trust you. As for not knowing where you are or who you're with, there's nothing I can do about that. You have a job to do and I'll have to let you do it." Charity pushed Honey's hair behind her ear and smiled. "As much as I dislike the thought of having to share you, everyone needs to make a living somehow right? Just promise me that I'll get my share of your attention too okay?" she asked, giving Honey's nose a gentle boop. "And as long as I get to keep flirting with you like I did before any of this happened, I'm okay with acting like friends in public!"

"Why?" Honey asked, genuinely curious. "I know I'm good for a few laughs, and I'm not exactly an eyesore, but besides that, I'm really nothing special. What's a great girl like you see in me?"
"Why?" Charity asked. "Well because you're the most beautiful girl I've ever met. And from what I hear, you're amazing under the covers!" Charity teased. She felt remorse as soon as the words passed her lips. While what Charity said was true, she didn't want Honey to think that she was nothing more than a pretty face and good lay to her.

"I-I mean that's part of it!" Charity stammered desperately trying to recover. "But it's only a small part of the reason I love you so much."

"You were the first woman outside of my family who really paid me any real attention. You made me feel like I was special to you, and you liked me for who I was and didn't try to change me unlike other 'friends' I've had in the past. I can't even begin to tell you have nice that is."
Charity paused a moment to think. "You're also extremely caring and a real sweetheart. After my fight with Angus, you were the first person I saw and you began taking care of me right away even though there wasn't really much you could do. And you still insisted on helping even when Eile showed up!" Charity paused again. "Honestly I think its mostly that I just really enjoy your company!"

"You're just an all-around amazing woman. And THAT'S why I love you!"
Charity said quietly, a large grin on her face. She pulled Honey into another long, intimate kiss. Their tongues danced passionately with one another for what felt like hours, and Charity was left gasping for air as Honey pulled away. After the kiss, she laid there studying Honey's face.

"I still dont understand why you are willing to spend time with me. Most people don't even give me a second thought, let alone see me as a woman. What does such an alluring woman like you see in a rough tomboy like me?"

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"Nope! No "whomping" for you! I mean... I can if you're into that sort of thing... but I'd rather not!"

"What, you've never tried a bit of kinky "whomping" before?" Honey teased as she took the pillow from under her head and playfully started whacking her with it. "Are you sure? This seriously doesn't do anything for you?" she asked with a giggle. "How about this one? Or this one?" she asked, hitting her with the pillow repeatedly before easing up and deciding that it was too early in the morning for this.

"You're having the same effect on me ya know! I was the last person I ever expected to fall in love. A rowdy, independent girl like me tied down to somebody else? No thank you! But here I am, falling for a beautiful woman. Ever since we talked before my fight, you're all I've been able to think about!"

"Ah, you know there's all different kinds of love, Charity," Honey insisted. "Hell, I guess you could say that love is different for everyone if you really think about it... But what I want to say is that I don't want you to ever feel "tied down" by me. You're a free spirit, and I want you to stay that way. I like you exactly how you are and wouldn't change a thing. So, don't feel like I expect anything from you or anything. Just keep being yourself. That's more than enough for me."

"I do trust you. As for not knowing where you are or who you're with, there's nothing I can do about that. You have a job to do and I'll have to let you do it."

"Thank you," Honey said with genuine gratitude. "It really is just a job, you know. Most people think there's more to it than that. That I'm just a promiscuous person and I can't help but throw myself at every man who so much as makes eye contact with me... But I'm not like that. Not at all, really. I wasn't even interested in boys when I first started working. Didn't even know how to flirt until Zilvra taught me... But I was always a little performer, see. Even when I was a kid. I mean, I was raised by entertainers, and I loved to sing and dance and twirl and be the center of attention, so the whole performance side of it, it comes natural. Got to admit, I kind of like that part of the job. Coming up with different characters depending on what the men want and acting the part. But that's what it is though, all an act. I don't really feel anything for them. I mean, you get all different kinds of customers and I like some of them more than others, but I can never just drop the act and be myself around them. Not like with you. With you... I don't know, I just feel like I can tell you anything. It's like having a sister or something... And I mean that in the least incestuous way possible."

"As much as I dislike the thought of having to share you, everyone needs to make a living somehow right? Just promise me that I'll get my share of your attention too okay?"

"That's a promise," Honey swore easily before leaning in to kiss Charity once more, softly and slowly brushing her lips against Charity's, taking the time to fully enjoy every second of it.

"I-I mean that's part of it!" Charity stammered desperately trying to recover. "But it's only a small part of the reason I love you so much."

Honey giggled as Charity tried her best to explain how she felt. Poor girl. She'd obviously never had a conversation like this before. Still, Honey had really put Charity on the spot with that question. It wasn't really fair. She was having to explain feelings that she'd never really had before and probably didn't fully understand, and she was doing a fair job of it as well.

"You're just an all-around amazing woman. And THAT'S why I love you!"

"Alright, alright, you win," Honey admitted defeat easily, happily accepting Charity's kiss with a huge smile on her face. Everything was just so wonderful with Charity. Honey felt so free and alive and every touch and kiss she shared with Charity set her heart fluttering, and charged her whole body with this passionate electricity that gave her goosebumps all over her body. It was as if she'd never even been kissed before and she never wanted it to end. Eventually though, Charity broke off the long kissing session to ask a question of her own.

"I still dont understand why you are willing to spend time with me. Most people don't even give me a second thought, let alone see me as a woman. What does such an alluring woman like you see in a rough tomboy like me?"

"Well, that's easy," Honey replied happily. "Honestly, I think that you're everything that I wish I could be. You know exactly who you are and what you want out of life and you don't give a damn what anyone else thinks, you just reach right out and take it. Not to mention you're kind and sweet and hilarious, and so much fun to be around... But, also you've got this really beautiful innocence to you. It's kind of adorable. Especially when you blush. Your cheeks just go this absolutely gorgeous shade of pink, like a little rose bud... Yeah, that's the one! That shade that they're going right now," Honey taunted Charity as she blushed at the compliment, leaning forward to kiss her once more. Unfortunately, this kiss did not get to last nearly so long as the last, as it was soon interrupted.

"'Ello! I'm back," a rather chirpy little voice called out as the door opened. "I 'ad the best job last night! Zilvra got me guardin' this real nice guy, an' 'e turned a clock into a... Oh..." Urchin didn't have time to finish his story as he walked in on Honey and Charity kissing. Honey could only look up at the boy looking completely and utterly guilty as his little heart broke in front of her. Poor kid. She should've known this would happen! Without saying another word, Urchin just stared dumbfounded at the two for a moment, looking as though he were going to cry. When he finally gathered his senses, he just turned around ran back downstairs without another word.

"Oh, no," Honey said, putting her hand over her forehead in frustration. This was all her fault. Damn, she was a shitty friend. She knew how Urchin felt and now she'd gone and stabbed him in the back. Why the hell couldn't she have been more sensible about this? Hell, this was where the boy lived, for God's sake. Of course he was going to find them! Maybe it was for the best that he find out sooner rather than later, but still, it didn't make Honey feel any less guilty for hurting him. "Urchin!" she called out after the boy, slipping her shoes back on and heading downstairs to try and find him.

• Stressed
"What, you've never tried a bit of kinky "whomping" before?" Honey teased as she took the pillow from under her head and playfully started whacking her with it. "Are you sure? This seriously doesn't do anything for you?" she asked with a giggle.
"H-Hey!" Charity cried out in surprise. A pillow fight was the last thing she had expected in the middle of their soulbaring conversation. She grabbed her own pillow and promptly began smacking Honey with it. "Oh its doing something for me alright!" Charity exclaimed fiercely before Honey knocked the pillow out of her hands. She lay on the bed arms stretched out over her head, laughing as Honey mercilessly bopped her with the pillow.

"Ah, you know there's all different kinds of love, Charity," Honey insisted. "Hell, I guess you could say that love is different for everyone if you really think about it...
"Thats true I suppose. I guess I only ever saw two. The "family" kind of love and the "I wanna get in your pants" kind of love. This is the first time I've experienced a love like this. Its a strange mix of both types of love, but I really like it!"

I like you exactly how you are and wouldn't change a thing. So, don't feel like I expect anything from you or anything. Just keep being yourself. That's more than enough for me."
"The same goes for you! You're just fine the way you are! And as long as you be yourself, and I get an ocassional kiss and a cuddle, that's all I could ever want or ask for too!"

"Thank you," Honey said with genuine gratitude. "It really is just a job, you know. Most people think there's more to it than that. That I'm just a promiscuous person and I can't help but throw myself at every man who so much as makes eye contact with me... But I'm not like that. Not at all, really.
"I know it is. From what I've seen, you don't really seem to enjoy constantly entertaining men. At points you seemed like you would actually punch them!

But I was always a little performer, see. Even when I was a kid. I mean, I was raised by entertainers, and I loved to sing and dance and twirl and be the center of attention, so the whole performance side of it, it comes natural. Got to admit, I kind of like that part of the job. Coming up with different characters depending on what the men want and acting the part. But that's what it is though, all an act.
"You're an excellent performer! The way you sang last night was incredible! And you were certainly the center of attention. I can totally see how that part of the job would be fun! Maybe you can show me some of those characters sometime!" Charity suggested mischievously.

I don't really feel anything for them. I mean, you get all different kinds of customers and I like some of them more than others, but I can never just drop the act and be myself around them. Not like with you. With you... I don't know, I just feel like I can tell you anything. It's like having a sister or something... And I mean that in the least incestuous way possible."
"I know exactly what you mean! I feel like I can tell you anything too! There's things I've told you tonight I haven't even told Eilerias. And I tell my sister EVERYTHING!" Charity giggled.

"I really enjoy the flirty Honey, honestly I do! But when you're able to drop that act and just be yourself, I feel like I can connect with you on a much deeper level!"

But, also you've got this really beautiful innocence to you. It's kind of adorable. Especially when you blush. Your cheeks just go this absolutely gorgeous shade of pink, like a little rose bud... Yeah, that's the one! That shade that they're going right now," Honey taunted Charity as she blushed at the compliment, leaning forward to kiss her once more.
"H-hey! Stop it! There's nothing beautiful about me! I'm... cute... at best. What?! No they don't! My face is always this color!" Charity's protests were cut short as Honey leaned in and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around Honey's neck and pressed herself against Honey as they kissed.

"'Ello! I'm back," a rather chirpy little voice called out as the door opened. "I 'ad the best job last night! Zilvra got me guardin' this real nice guy, an' 'e turned a clock into a... Oh..." Urchin didn't have time to finish his story as he walked in on Honey and Charity kissing.
"Oh! Uhh... Hiya kid..." Charity's face turned a deep red with embarrassment as she unwrapped her arms from around Honey's neck and rolled over onto her back to awkwardly smile at the boy. Her embarrassment quickly disappeared and a frown formed on her lips as her eyes fell on Urchin. The poor boy stood there in shock and appeared to be on the brink of tears.

"Hey... What's wrong?" Throwing her legs over the side of the bed, she rushed to stand to comfort Urchin. But by then, he had run downstairs, Honey close on his heels. Charity got her boots on and followed after them.

"Marilyn! Marilyn!" Charity called as she spied the middle-aged innkeeper. "Have you seen Urchin?" Marilyn looked at her with concern. "He's right over there with that pretty blond girl, dear." She pointed to a table way in the back. "What'd ya say to the rascal? The poor boy was crying!"

Charity stared at her, trying not to cry herself. Seeing Urchin so upset really bothered her. "I don't know! I didn't say anything except hello! Maybe he was upset that I had his friend over for a sleepover? Oh... And I... Uhh... might have kissed her... Oh no! I bet he had a crush on her and I just broke his little heart!"

"Sorry Marilyn! I have to fix this!"
Charity hurried over and sat next next to Urchin, putting an arm around him. "Hey... C'mon. Talk to me." She glanced over at Honey, the concern and worry clear on her face.

Last edited:
  • Haha
"Oh its doing something for me alright!"

Honey continued to pummel poor Charity until she managed to knock the pillow out of her hands, at which point she straddled her, grabbing hold of her wrists and pinning her down on the bed. "I win," she teased, claiming a deep and passionate kiss as her prize.

"Thats true I suppose. I guess I only ever saw two. The "family" kind of love and the "I wanna get in your pants" kind of love. This is the first time I've experienced a love like this. Its a strange mix of both types of love, but I really like it!"

"Same," Honey easily agreed. "If I'm honest, it kind of confuses me. I'm not really sure how the whole romantic, fairy tale, happily ever after sort of love is supposed to go, and I'm not really sure if I'm doing it right. I guess it's kind of why I was so worried about trying to make it work because being with you... I hope it doesn't bother you at all but it's kind of like having a sister. Or a best friend... Someone I can talk to about anything. I don't ever want that to go away, no matter what happens. It's more important to me than just some silly crush or fling. It's special. You feel the same way too, don't you?" Honey asked hopefully, but she already knew that Charity did, or at least something very similar.

"I know it is. From what I've seen, you don't really seem to enjoy constantly entertaining men. At points you seemed like you would actually punch them!

"Hmm... Some of them," Honey admitted easily. "I guess that's another negative of my line of work. You get so many different kinds of clients that after awhile it's only the really bad ones that bother you. The boring ones, the ugly ones, the ones that you have absolutely nothing in common with, you just kind of take in your stride. It's the ones that get rough with you that're the problem... But don't worry, that doesn't happen often. Anyway, that's what the guys like Mute are for. You know, stand outside the door and make sure that nothing happens. And if anyone tries to rough up one of the girls, beat the shit out of them and throw them out. Always satisfying to watch," Honey said with a grin on her face. "Truth be told... Sometimes, if I really, REALLY don't like a guy, say, if he's a nasty little shit, I'll sometimes pretend that he's being too rough and kick up a fuss just so that the boys will rush in and throw him out with his pants still round his ankles... But don't tell anybody I told you that. Zilvra wouldn't find it nearly as funny as I do."

Maybe you can show me some of those characters sometime!"

"Oh, you vant to zee, ya?" Honey asked, mockingly putting on a heavy Sheketh accent. "Maybe you vant to meet ze sveet, innozent parson's daughter vrom ze Isles of Sheketh? Oh, pveeze be gentle vith me Mizter, I am only a scared und trembling wirgin and I know nothing of zis naughty touch you do... Oh my! Vas is das? I have never seen a man's squidgy bits before! Vhat is it you are vanting to do vith zis great, big sausage of yours? ... Vhat! Oh no, Mizter! Zat is my special lady place! Pvease do not be attacking me vith your giant man sausage!" Honey teased before bursting out into an uncontrollable fit of giggles that lasted far too long.

"H-hey! Stop it! There's nothing beautiful about me! I'm... cute... at best. What?! No they don't! My face is always this color!"

Oh dear, poor Charity. Did she not know? Well, it was up to Honey to correct that! "You are beautiful," Honey told her, extremely matter-of-factly. "You are absolutely, completely, stunningly, drop-dead-gorgeous beautiful. Surely you must know that! You can't expect me to believe that no one's ever told you how beautiful you are before. You're so beautiful I just can't resist you," Honey insisted, leaning in to kiss Charity once more... Which of course is when Urchin decided it was the perfect time to walk in... And then run off with tears in his eyes.

Honey, of course, had chased after him, knowing full well what had upset him so much. "Oh baby, I'm sorry!" Honey apologised, realizing full well how much she'd hurt him. "Look, I crossed a line, I know, it's all on me. I swear, I didn't plan for any of this to happen, it just kind of did," Honey gave a weak apology, knowing that it wasn't exactly much of an excuse.

"Why?" Urchin snapped, turning to her with tears streaming down his big green eyes. "Why would you do this, Honey? You're the most beautiful fucking woman in the world! You could have any man or woman you wanted! Why did it have to be her? Just to hurt me? Just to prove that you could?"

"No!" Honey insisted, reaching out to gently brush a tear from Urchin's cheek. "Oh sweetheart, you know I love you. You know I'd never intentionally do anything to hurt you! I know I can be spiteful sometimes, but not against you! It's just..." Honey's words dragged off and she breathed a heavy sigh. This was really something she should've thought about before, but now... Well, the damage was done and there wasn't a whole lot she could do about it now. She'd just have to be honest and hope the boy got over it in time. "Look, I really like Charity... And Charity feels the same about me too. I know how you feel about her, but... Well, maybe it's for the best this way. She was always going to find someone sooner or later, and it's not like anything was ever going to happen between the two of you."

"You think I don't know that?" Urchin snapped back at her. "You think I don't know that she'd never look at me that way in a million years? I'm too young, I'm too short, I'm too scrawny. I look like a bloody 12 year old boy, for fuck's sake! She doesn't even know I..." and then Charity walked in before he could finish his sentence. "I... Hi Charity..." He mumbled out, quite pitiably as he wiped his tears away on his sleeve. "I'm sorry 'bout all that before, I just... I had a real rough night is all. Probably best not ta talk 'bout it."

• Haha
"Same," Honey easily agreed. "If I'm honest, it kind of confuses me. I'm not really sure how the whole romantic, fairy tale, happily ever after sort of love is supposed to go, and I'm not really sure if I'm doing it right. I guess it's kind of why I was so worried about trying to make it work because being with you... I hope it doesn't bother you at all but it's kind of like having a sister. Or a best friend... Someone I can talk to about anything. I don't ever want that to go away, no matter what happens. It's more important to me than just some silly crush or fling. It's special. You feel the same way too, don't you?"
"I don't understand this is supposed to work either! " Charity agreed. "Is this what its supposed to feel like? WHO KNOWS! But what I know is that I love whatever we have going on here!" Gently wrapping her arms around Honey's waist, Charity smiled as she listened to Honey. "Oh no! That doesn't bother me at all babe. Honestly I was thinking the same thing and I feel the same way talking to you! With you, Its like talking to Eile and Urchin, except that you're just one person. I know I can tell you anything and you'll always be there for me!" Instead of answering Honey's last question, Charity sat up and hugged Honey, before pulling her into a passionate kiss to show her exactly how she felt.

Charity couldn't help but laugh along with Honey as she demonstrated one of her characters. "Really?" she asked in disbelief once the caught their breath. "Is that the kind of thing your clients are into? I was thinking they would ask for something more along the lines of a schoolgirl or sexy mistress or an irresistible seductress... Though I suppose you don't need a character for that last one! You've just gotta be yourself!" Charity giggled, booping the end of Honey nose.

"You are beautiful," Honey told her, extremely matter-of-factly. "You are absolutely, completely, stunningly, drop-dead-gorgeous beautiful. Surely you must know that! You can't expect me to believe that no one's ever told you how beautiful you are before. You're so beautiful I just can't resist you," Honey insisted, leaning in to kiss Charity once more...
"S-Stop it! N-No I-I'm not!" Charity protested loudly. "It's embarrassing..." she added in a small voice and looking away with a frown. "But at the same time... It makes me really happy to hear you say that." Charity turned back just enough to meet Honeys eyes. "People don't usually see me as a woman so I've only ever heard that a handful of times in my whole life... Mostly from Urchin... I swear the kid says it just because he likes to see me blush!" she laughed and leaned forward to accept the incoming kiss.

Of course that's when Urchin decided to make a sudden appearance and run off crying. Honey chased after him with Charity following shortly after.

"I... Hi Charity..." He mumbled out, quite pitiably as he wiped his tears away on his sleeve. "I'm sorry 'bout all that before, I just... I had a real rough night is all. Probably best not ta talk 'bout it."
Charity hugged the seated boy tightly. "Its alright! Really!" she said smiling down at the boy and squeezing him tightly to her. "But are ya sure you don't wanna talk about it?" Despite her best efforts, Urchin seemed determined to stay tight-lipped. Releasing him with a sigh, Charity sat down and ruffled his hair. "Anybody else hungry?" she asked to swiftly change the subject. "I'm starved!"

• Bless