Journal The Ramblings of a Visionary

Private roleplay dedicated to character's personal journal entries.

Junius Alfort

Tarsas' Sub Account #3
Character Biography
Link
The research, notes, and observations of one Junius Alfort, former Dreadlord Initiate of the Academy in Vel Anir and now part of Gilram’s liberators. Those who read this may find themselves disturbed by its contents, but I simply ask you to see the world logically as I do and remember that, if our roles had been reversed, it could’ve been you writing this instead of me. I have written this in the exact pattern of my processing with no proofreading or editing, therefore, expect potential mistakes and thoughts that seem to wander with no ending, as I do not wish to proof it and want it to remain unfiltered.

Rubin 5, 372

What is failure, but a further motivator to find success?
A proctor in the academy said that to me once, after I had failed to pass my swordmanship test for year three. That was after he had finished beating me with a practice sword for failing, but I digress, there are many other pages in this volume discussing the events of that period of my life.

I reference that quote because the failure that is driving me today is one that has been acting on my psyche for a few weeks now, driving me to forgo my own necessities in the pursuit of what many would consider a superfluous venture. What is my goal, you ask? Well I am glad to answer, for it has been on my mind for many years, ever since I created my first puppet out of my chief tormentor in my academy class.

My goal is to create a living body. Not a living being, mind you, no, that would be entering into the realm of the metaphysical, and I focus on what’s in front of me. No, what I am trying to create is a vessel, but one that is alive. One that possesses the ability to sustain a life. To do this, I have crafted many complex incantations to this end and through them, I have perfected many complex arts and become a valued member of this organization.

Through this magic, I have perfected the art of grafting parts of one body onto another. Organs, arms, legs, eyes, ears, anything really. I have reached heights that few surgeons of this world have ever achieved. In my opinion, this is even better than regrowing lost limbs. For why would I want to regrow the inferior limb I have, when I could receive a new one that is better and could not be so easily cut off? Through this line of questioning, I have even achieved the ability to graft limbs of my own creation.

I have learned these capabilities from my study of the human body and the creation of my primary means of combat, my puppets. Though they maintain the look of their former owners, they are not the same, for they are different. Only the exterior remains, albeit changed and modified. The patchwork of incantations running through their bodies and the various chemicals I have devised through my study of my art, magically or otherwise, keep them in a perfect state of preservation.

I have achieved such a likeness to the original form that I can use my spells to inhabit the body for a time in the ultimate form of puppetry and pass them off for a living being, though this is not my preference. Through this ability, I can benefit those around me and aid in this cause as we unseat the tyrannical government of Vel Anir. If I’m being honest, do I really care about that? Not specifically, though I suppose a part of me vaguely does. I am here mainly because I am accepted and given freedom. This was something I never had in Vel Anir, where I was abused and downtrodden. To those who accept me, I lend my aid, but also because it allows me to be free and pursue my own goals.

Some criticize my art, and call it barbaric, but how can it truly be? The majority of my creations are formed from soldiers who died on the fields of battle. I did not kill them myself; they were killed by others. I simply collected that which they no longer had need of. Is it truly morally wrong, what I am doing? I am using something that would simply be cast into the ground to rot. When a tankard is broken by a tavern patron, would it be reprehensible to reuse the shards for one who has a use for them? I believe you can agree that it would not be so. I will take criticism for my fellow initiates and the proctor, my former enemies at the academy who I killed with my own hands. Even the ones I have killed, they were soldiers, fighting against me and my allies and attempting to erase our existence. This is war, after all, and opinions on the morality of war are widespread.

At the end of the day, I feel that it appears as if I carry some guilt with my rampant justification of my actions, but I simply felt the need to address the scenarios in which I am labelled a villain or called “insane” for simply making the best use of the resources available to me. Perhaps consider the effect your statements have on others.