Fate - First Reply The man and the big ugly lie

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join
Character Biography
Link
Nathan sharply inhales the salty air that spreads throughout the sea port of Elbion. A gracious smile spread across his lips as he locked his eyes onto the sea. "I will never get tired of this," he whispers to himself. Pure admiration twinkles in his eyes. Listening closely to the waves subtly crashing against the docking board's support beams. Perhaps he should switch profession as a sailor, he muses the thought. Yet, despite how much he loves the sea it doesn't come close towards people, especially the tall ones. He switches his focus onto the buzzing movement of people below him. Oh yes, the tall ones he fancy so dearly. Immediately Nathan starts to pick one by one from the crowd who he deems 'cute' or 'handsome.' He definitely doesn't have a preference on who to screw. Very momentarily he looks down at his hand holding onto a wanted paper. It have an image of a man and captions that states:
"Wanted dead = Luvox Stone
Last seen Elbion district port.
Reward will be given when body brought over to [random location]"
With a heavy sigh Nathan turns around leaning back against the railing of the upper floor balcony deck. His eyes quietly observing each of the resting occupants. Some of them seated at tables, others are close to the bars, and the rest sightseeing at the view.
"Oi!" He raises his voice loud enough for the room to hear. "Anyone here is a good tracker?"

• Yay
Reactions: enterbasilisk
Silver was sulking over a pint. Usually he was annoyingly cheerful, but he hated Elbion. Bad memories. But the horned man was dangerously low on coin and Elbion was the only larger city he could afford to get to. And he couldn't leave until he got some more coin on hand. Which he didn't have much luck getting at this point, mostly due to the fact the contacts he did have here weren't looking for people of his skillset to hire.

Then there was a bellow and Silver looked up to see a red-haired man leaning over the second-floor railing, and Silver felt a grin come to his face. While he didn't know what kind of tracking the man needed, Silver knew there was more than one way to reel in a fish and the purple-skinned man happened to know several. There's was a problem of the man not being happy to team put with a fake-Komodo, but Silver probably wouldn't lose anything if red-head didn't.

So the next moment found Silver sliding into the chair across from the man, the horned man's half-empty drink sloshing a bit as he put it down. "A tracker huh? Well, I might just be the man for you. If you'll have me." The words are said with a sly smile. "Silver's the name by the way. What type of creature you need to catch?"

Nathan Tarrenwillow

"I'll take everyone and anyone as long they do their job." Nathan smiles wide at the volunteer, he tucks the flyer into his satchel then extends his hand outward towards Sliver. "Pleasure to meet cha, Silver. Name's Nathan. Nathan Tarrenwillow. Sadly, the creature is a man but surely this wouldn't pose much of a challenge, now would it?" he asks. Nathan will be lying to himself if he thinks Silver's appearance was not slightly intimidating.

Silver Grimmire

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Silver Grimmire
Silver perked up at Nathan's positive response to his person. Great! No problem with purple-skinned people! Or at least not enough of a problem when it comes to mutual coin grabbing.

Waving over a server to give Nathan a drink, Silver grins at the man. "Human quarry huh? Well good thing for us is that they tend to leave a trail of the verbal kind. I can access a few contacts here and in the surrounding area to see if they spotted our little bird if you want. Or I could track in the more traditional sense. Do you have any other info on our Luvox Stone?" The wanted man was human, which made things a little harder. But he did have a disguising feature, a crescent-shaped scar on the right side of his mouth. Smiling at Nathan, Silver was happy his partner was human. The man could question the general public and not risk drawing unwanted attention, unlike the horned man.

• Yay
Reactions: Nathan Tarrenwillow
The ginger gladly welcomes the free drink. His hand grabs the cup then he proceeds to drink it. Casting his gaze over at the ocean he gives a shrug response to Silver's suggestions. "Frankly, I don't care which route you pick as long as the deed gets done. If you believe your contacts be an easier then so be it...however if you want a fun hunt on doing it yourself then I won't stop you..."
He glances down at his drink for a moment then back up at Silver. "Hmmm...as for the fella...Nothing much. I just know he was last seen in these parts...two weeks ago. I'm hoping that man had a place he frequently visited or least the locals here have a really good memory of his face...but I somehow doubt the latter. Constant flow of new travelers on a daily basis can make a person easily forget a face."

• Yay
Silver finds himself nodding in agreement at the mas words. In a port city like this, there were dozens of travellers to be had. But if this man was a traveller himself... "He must have had an Inn where he frequented or at least a bar." Silver said after a swing of beer. "And if he was there often enough the staff or patrons who are also regular would recognize him. The only problem is if they liked him or not. If they did then it'll be hard to get info out of them. If they don't well, we might have to fight others for our quarry." The horned man pointed our, rubbing his chin.

Traditional methods of tracking wouldn't work as well in the city. Their best bet was word of mouth, whether Silver liked it or not. "How about this? Let's go around the port a bit. You go into bars and question people and I'll try to track down nearby contacts of mine." He suggested to Nathan. "Make sure to keep the wanted poster to yourself though. Just describe him as if your a concerned family member or something." Silver said, probably for no reason. The guy seemed competent enough. With that Silver downed the last of his beer and waited for Nathan to finish, ready to follow the man.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Nathan Tarrenwillow
"Eh. I prefer we go to the places together if you don't mind." Nathan takes another sip of his drink before he sets it down on a nearby table. "Cause...hey I just met you and I don't know you..." Nathan pushes himself off the railings then walks up to Silver within shoulder distance. "Think of it as a interview or bonding exercise, whichever less awkward for you. Sounds fair?"

Last edited:
  • Yay
Silver grimaces at Nathan's reply. Ya that made sense, they just met each other after all. "Bonding, right, sure. Just uh, realize not everyone will be okay? With me? I meant most people are fine, it's just the few who aren't tend to be... loud? Sometimes violent? It'll actually be easier if I just sulk nearby and you talk. Or not. It's fine." Silver says with a sigh. Maybe Nathan was testing him based on how Silver interacted with others? Annoying but necessary he supposed, as long as it didn't get in the way of the job itself. It was also an opportunity to test the human as well. "Any other requests? Or shall we get going?" Silver asks not unkindly, leaning over to a nearby window to check how late it was. Huh, still midday.