Private Tales The Lady Doth Protest Too Much!

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Aineflynn

It had been so odd that things had flopped into Aine's lap like a captured fish. Aine was used to roaming the world alone and only interacting with people when and if needed. So many people were coming out of the woodwork, you'd think Aine was a lady of the night who had wished for the heavens to rain upon her mortal flesh and fill her empty pockets.

The whole experience has frustrated her on both spectrums of the good and bad emotions. She hadn't yet left the village where her companion before was about running errands, and she didn't want to get in the way. No, today, she found herself in what looked to be a medium-sized public garden that was a mixture of different colorful flowers that welcomed the lovely sunny spring day.

A gray graveled path weaved its way threw the garden making a neat little circle help guide guests along such a tour. A few wooden benches were placed here and there near a different variety of such lovely flora.

Aine kept to herself along a path she decided wouldn't have much travel and found one said bench hidden behind a large shrubbery wall with honeysuckle vines growing along with it. It was lovely and peaceful, and she seated herself down to try and ponder everything and wondered what her next move was genuinely going to be.

• Sip
Reactions: Finnick
As she sat there, Aine would hear the gentle strum of a lute, the melody that of something peaceful.. pure.

Finnick had been practicing all morning, not because he needed it, but because music brought him joy in every form. It was a respite, a break. He had heard of a string of crimes in Vel Anir and was currently trying to decide whether or not he would intervene.

Hed no idea just up the path a small wind away, was the muse he had been playing for the night before. She had hated such a proclamation, which only made it stick more.

For now, though, he would just focus on playing. He could feel a new hit single in the works.

Aineflynn

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Aineflynn
Drip, drip, drip, each thought fell into the pools of endlessness, leaving small rings rippling in Aines mind. She was adrift in the calm waters to first hear the music that flirted with those able to listen to it, be they with ears or not.

The melody finally cracked the outer shell of Aine's mind. She did not turn to look in the direction of the music, but it did have her attention non the less. Many different questions did pop into Aine's mind, but one, in particular, was who was playing it.

Like a flash of lightning, a possible answer came rushing toward her. It couldn't be; after all, far more people are musically inclined than well. A flood of emotions would twist and swirl within her, but she could be wrong, and to make sure not to look like a fool, Aine remained sitting there until the person playing came closer so that she could see if her hunches were correct.

• Smug
And sure enough, as the voice grew nearer, Finnick would stroll into view. The birds seemed to flock after him as he played, his fingers deftly gliding along his lute.

When he saw her, he didn't stop playing, in fact, he only smiled and changed his direct course for her.

In some more steps, the birds would depart and he began to play at a lower volume, his voice filling the gap. "My dearest muse." he would say with a grin. "I missed you after your departure last night, it gladdens me that you yet remain. Did your friend like her song?"

Aineflynn

• Cthuulove
Indeed, the same bard brought out such passionate feelings the other night. Aine took in a deep inhale and exhale of fresh air to calm herself. Not turning her head fully to him, it was evident that he had the muse's attention.

"Eh'd wish ye gonnae-no callin' me 'at, an' aam sure she did." Aine replied.

"Aam quite surprised 'at ye missed me, efter aw thaur ur far mair interestin' patreons than Ah." Now the muse would turn her head to look directly at him.

• Cthuulove
"What has been decreed, cannot be undone." He would say remorsefullly. Perhaps he meant it or perhaps he had only been putting on an act, maybe even a mixture of both. "It is good that she did then, lo your absence still bore heavy upon my soul."

He would bite back a laugh at her next words. "Everyone has an interesting tale, and those who appear to not have one, thave the most intriguing of all. You, my dear, have beauty that disarms, turns a sharp tongue to soft jelly, which is dangerous to a bard." She turned to look at him and that grin deepened, his fingers strumming a sharper, more exotic note for the moment.

Aineflynn

• Cthuulove
The idea that she could somehow have the kind of power over anyone made the laugh bubble up inside at the untruth.

"Let's agree tae disagree oan regards tae me influencin' anyain in sic' a manner."

Her brow arched at his comment about how she was intriguing, which, again, she disagreed greatly with this observation. Aine was no more fascinating than a snail.

"But willnae ye enlighten me oan wa ye hink me intriguin', as Ah honestly can say, Ah am clueless tae sic'." He had the attention of the muse.

• Smug
"Then agree to disagree, we shall, my dear." He said with a playful grin followed by a rather loose strumming of his lute.

"As for the why, you're so intriguing.. the piercing eyes, the disarming smile, the pure.. aura of interest. Many dames put on a facade of feigned humility. Based on your tone, you're truly unaware of how captivating you are. Which, in itself, is a tragedy. So the lack of effort, really, to be noticed is what made you stand out to me." He would keep her gaze locked with his as he spoke, stepping ever closer to her until he was only a few paces away.

Aineflynn

• Cthuulove
This is where most women would swoon and hand themselves over to a night of debauchery but not her. Yes, if that's what he thought of her, all the more pity because he was seeing someone that wasn't there. Bards can be wrong too. She stood up in one swift, graceful move, the numb feeling in her bottom was growing uncomfortable. Aine kept her attention on the bard doing so.

"Aam sorry, 'at wisnae mah attention." It was an unusual response to such words, but they were honest. To her, such words meant she had trapped someone into something she had no fundamental understanding of what it was.

"Ah assure ye, bard, aam nae a body ay consequence, jist a rockit loch aw 'at travel a path ay survife mair sae than they want." The demeanor of Aine changed; it was as if the fire within the body began to smolder, leaving one single stream of hopeless smoke.

She must have had many a-Bard, tell her various lines or what be. But not Finnick, no. He didn't give lines, he spoke truths (some flowered, some honeyed) but truths all the same. It was her grace stand that cause that devilish grin to form. And with it, the promise of danger.

"My dear, do not apologize, for there is nothing you have done wrong. Nothing at all." Her next words would bring a frown to his face. Not because she offended him, no, but because of the words she spoke of herself.

Her roaring flame would reduce to cinders before his very eyes, and so his fingers plucked along the strings of his lute as he used some magick to hopefully stoke the embers back to their initial glory. "My lady, I know not your past, nor your present. But I beg of you this one thing: Better your future. Do not wander aimlessly, find community, and restore your heart. Its your most beautiful asset, which is saying a lot." A playful wink, as he continued to play.

Aineflynn

• Cthuulove