Private Tales The King and The Hussar

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Casmir Król

Character Biography
Link
proxy.php

The waves crashed against the cobblestone docks and the air was salty and humid. Casmir walked along the side of the boardwalk looking for the king that the courier had told him of. Before this, he was out Gathering an army and raiding bandit camps, but that courier's message seemed important. Plus, if he was ever to retake the throne of his kingdom, he'd need allies. As gulls cawed overhead and a ship came into port, Casmir looked onwards. There. That had to be him, that must be the king he was to meet. Casmir walked up to him and smiled.

"Cześć Sir."

Ateus Oraxud stood at the bow of his ship as it glided into port. The ship was one that took months too build, Mardon, the only man not from Orax to have communicated with locals, told them how to build it. It wasn't too different from normal Arethil ships. The crew themselves seemed happy to be at port, as they were merely fisherman who'd never sailed such a distance before. As the crew, aided by Mardon, translated too the dock guards who they were and their purpose here a crowd gathered.

Ateus nodded to the man who greeted him and patted two fingers above his own heart. "Hallo, you must be Casmir. It is an...honour to meet you." Ateus said with a higher pitched accent. He then turned to the dozen of his guards wearing knightly armour and red capes and shouted at them in his language. "Niw u e reiw." One man promptly grabbed a large box and placed it before him. Ateus climbed on top and yelled to the crowd. "I am King Ateus Oraxud of Orax. I am here now to reveal my kin-dom to you all. If you half any questions, speak too one of your own, a men named Mardon." Ateus said, mispronouncing some words in his accent before pointing too Mardon. Poor Mardon was then swarmed by people, but mostly talking with a finely dressed man, possibly a noble.

Ateus stepped of the box and walked back to Casmir. "I ass-ume you got the letter. I wish to hear what you half to say dir-ectly from yourself, shall we do so on my shep or would somewhere else be bester for you?" Ateus asked with a smile on his face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ateus nods and strides back too the ship. The guards follow behind him and after Ateus walked up the gangway, he stepped forward. He opens a door to a small room with a cot covered in furs and a wooden table with two chairs. There is some art on the walls and a few books spread around the room. Ateus barks a command at a servant standing outside the room who runs below deck and returns with a tray of a strange purple fruit that looks similar to an apple. The servant places the tray on the table and begins cutting the fruit up after he pours an alcoholic beverage into two mugs, Ateus hands one to Casmir. Ateus unhooks his sword sheath and places it on the floo, leaning on the table. Two guards position themselves on the door and the servant finishes cutting the fruit and leaves.

"Mardon gave me list of man who may help me in establishing Oraxud here. He say you're one men." Ateus sips his drink and takes a seat, propping his feet up on the table. "I'm going to tell you what my plan is and you tell me what you need in ech-ange for helping me." Ateus says in his accent, he pauses before speaking. "I want to establish trade to Orax, we have minerals you do not have and we have other things too. I also want to expand my land, alt-though that is for far ways away." Ateus looks into Casmirs eyes and grins.

"What do you want?"

Casmir walked into the room behind Ateus. The wings on the back of the armor towered over his head, grazing the top of the doorway. As Ateus stood, a man walked in and staryed cutting up some delicious looking fruit. As Ateus began speaking, Casmir removed his helmet and picked up a fruit, plopping it it into his mouth. The fruit was sweet and had a flavor he couldn't place. "What do you want?"

Casmir was bent over the table reaching for a fruit before freezing, he looked up and his face straightened, "An alliance. I need your support and help. I have a small group of warrior who dress like me, are trained like me, and share my ideals. Those 10 men are my army, my party. If I help you, we'd need your support in a coming conflict." He slowly pulled away a fruit and plopped it into his mouth.

Ateus nodded and grinned. "I have 500,000 men army and 10,000, how do you say? Horse army. I can bring some of each here and we'll be happy to help. Who is the co-n-flict against, what is problem and what are their num-bars?" Ateus sipped his drink and cracked his neck. A servant walked in and whispered in his ear and Ateus nodded and said. "Bay ha qi, ta inva." The servant tapped two fingers above his heart and bowed to Ateus before walking out. Ateus looked at Casmir and gestured to the fruit. "That is called Etmi, it's one of the only pla-ants that grows without water in Orax, very common to my persons."

"10,000 you say?" Casmir shook his head in disbelief, "They would run at the site of us." He shofted his legs, he'd been on them alk day and they were beginning to feel sore. "I am the rightful heir to the throne of my grandfather's kingdom. I want to return and take over. Some of the city is in favor of my return."

Cashier stuck his hand down on his belt, and placed his right hand resting in the grip of his sheathed sword. He looked up, closing his eyes and thinking for a moment, then looked back down, making eye contact Ateus.

"What exactly must I do?"

Ateus smiled, maybe he had more power than he knew. "I need your support in securing trade for my persons. When time comes I also want help getting more land for myself. If you agree to this, I'll bring 5,000 horse army and 5,000 army." Ateus took another sip of his drink. "You need to help with getting ships to sail troops over here. Where exactly is this place you need to take over?" Ateus stood and removed everything off the table before placing down a worn map of Arethil. He looked at Casmir to point out the land he wished to reclaim on the map.

Ateus knew it would be difficult to do but he was going to take this new world by storm, and he was going to use allies to do it. He'd make himself indispensable to a few key people spread out across the world and then no one would dare touch Orax. Mardon and him agreed it was the best strategy.

Casmir scanned the map before finding the gulf of ryt. He followed up the coast before pointing at a peninsula just off the gulf.

"That's where the city is, right off the cost. It's a rather large city, so I'm surprised it's not marked."

Casmir pulled his hand away and stood upright. He thought for a moment in the silence of the room.

"I will help in securing land for your people and protecting trade. If you will give me some time to gather my party, we can be on our way." He paused for a moment, looking at the king, "You're welcome to join me in collecting my men."

Ateus nods a rises. He folds up the map and returns it to the satchel on the floor. "I half 50 men, my entire guard, here with me. They will come with us while we await for more troops. I will get Mardon to arrange for more ships to be purchased. We brought gold and such resources to trade with." Atesu walked out of the room and the two guards on the door stood at attention with their right arm across their chest, two fingers above their heart. Ateus called out a command and the men scrambled below deck. "I unfortunately only have the one horse with me until we get more for my men, but they walk fast."

Ateus walked off the ship as around 40 of his royal guards walked off the deck with him. When Atesu stepped off the ship he was greeted by Mardon, who he exchanged some words with before Mardon walked onto the ship. "Are you coming your future majesty?" Ateus asked as he mounted a beautiful white horse that a servant brought over from below deck.

Casmir walked down the boardwalk towards his horse and untied it's reigns from a pole down the road. Quickly he stepped up into one stirrup and swung his other leg across the saddle and into the other. He patted the horse on the side of her neck lightly, "Dobra dziewczynka." pulled the reigns, flipping them over the horse head and grabbed them tightly. He slapped the reigns down, and there was a small smack noise of the leather painlessly smacking her skin, "Trot."

The horse trotted down the street towards the king. "Woah girl," Casmir pulled on the rains as he reached the king and his men. The horse neighed and stopped. Casmir turned towards the king and smiled through his helmet, slowly swinging his hand around to point forwards, "Your majesty?" The king's horse stepped out, followed by the men. Casmir pulled the reigns, "Easy now, walk."

The horse started forwards and the king, along with his men, followed slowly down the road. They continued along the cobble path along the sea before reaching a dirt road which they followed slightly, eventually reaching a grassland, after a few minutes of travel, an Inn came into view. As they approached the Inn, Casmir turned off and into the flat they had laid out, he pulled up the horses reigns and attached tied them to a hitching rail next to another horse. There were 5 other horses out here, all of them attached to rails around the building.

"Well your highness, You're free to accompany me inside, I wouldn't recommend it however."

Ateus had followed behind Casmir and dismounted when they reached the inn. "Go in and attend to your busi-ness. I've will rem-ain here for now." Ateus turned to his men and called out. "Yiqa jimes!" the men broke out their tight formation and began milling around. Ateus went up to a few of the men and started a conversation in their own language. A few guards had formed a circle and had some sort of marked stones and appeared to be tossing them around like dice. The rest milled around talking or examining some of the local nature.

Ateus pulled two wooden swords from his horse and tossed one to the knight he was talking with. He threw back his cape and they both took their stance. Most of the knights gathered around and watched as the king began practicing his swordsmanship with the knight. After several minutes of back and forth, Ateus managed to strike the knight in the arm, knocking the sword from his hand. The other knights cheered and Ateus tapped two fingers above his heart at the knight he fought.

proxy.php

"Go in and attend to your busi-ness. I've will rem-ain here for now."

Casmir nodded and turned around, he heard a loud ruckus from inside. He opened the door and closed it behind him, Inside there was a roar of laughter and screaming. Quickly he looked forwards to see a shirtless drunk man swing around a mug of grog. The man was atop a table swaying back and forth singing,

"O'er the way, o'er the way, o'er the way, o'er the way, His hopes rode off o'er the way. O'er the way, o'er the way, o'er the way, o'er the way, His hopes rode off o'er the way."

Casmir just shook his head, "What are you doing you drunk bastard?"

The man looked over at him and smiled, "Hel'o Casmir, you said not to g't too drunk." He swayed his head a little and hiccupped his thick accent mixing with his slurred words making his state obvious, "Well," Holding his mug up, "I didn't." He tipped the mug up and with a swig finished off his beverage. He threw the mug and it struck something off the table.

Casmir laughed, "C'mon Henry." He helped his friend off the table. "Where are the others?" Henry wobbled through a arched opening that lead to another room, three more of his party were sat at the table talking with two guys he didn't know.

"Ey Bevel!" He waved him over. A tall muscular man with a sleeveless shirt and a fur stood up and walked over.

"We have some men willing to join up with us."

"Are they good with a sword?"

"Yes They are."

"I've got you, Henry, Dalton, and Kolby, and of course the new guys. But where in the hell is Mitchel?"

"Ah..." The man chuckled lightly, "I seen him sneaking off to a room with a rather fine looking lady, she had the bigges-"

There was a crash across the room and screaming as something was thrown. The bartender and two young men got up and ran to see what the commotion was.

The owner of the Inn was screaming, "That's my wife you son of a bitch!"

Casmir and the guys quickly scrambled to their feet. They all yelled, "Mitchel!" The group ran past the counter and around the corner as the Innkeeper swung a bottle at Mitchel, breaking is over his head. Mitchel tackled the guy and started punching him in the face. The bartender grabbed Mitchel and pulled him to his feet, he had him in a choke hold and Mitchel was turning red. Casmir sprinted up and punched the tender in the back of his bald head. The man collapsed and knocked over the Innkeeper who was scrambling to his feet. The two young boys stepped aside. A fair woman wrapped in a blanket walked to the doorway of the room Mitchel was in prior. He grabbed her and twirled her into his arms, kissing her on the lips. He pulled away and smiled, revealing his missing tooth. The bartender stood and screamed. Mitchel's face went pale.

"Cheers hun!" Mitchel nearly dropped her and ran, the rest of the guys, including the new guys, behind them. Casmir basically threw himself through the door on the way out of the tavern, the guys sprinted to and mounted their horses.

Casmir looked at the king, "I believed we have outlived out welcome." The Inn keeper bust open the door along with the Bartender, "We should go." Casmir snapped the reigns on his horse down and she loudly neighed. "Fast Girl."

Ateus looked at what was going with amusement. Of course in Orax they still had situations like this and he'd heard plenty of stories about his men getting in fights in inns, as he jumped onto his horse, his men scrambled quickly preparing to follow their king. A few of Ateus' men grabbed the inn keeper and bartender and threw them down with a kick or a punch. Ateus trotted after the hussars and his men jogged behind him.

The men marched, while the hussars and Ateus rode ahead of them. They went towards the blightlands. Ateus hoped Mardon would get the ships to Orax and have his men arrive there. It'd be a long trip, based on one knights calculations it'd take 240 days for the ships to arrive with the men and horses in the blightlands and it'd take 160 days for them all to march there. As they marched Ateus looked at his men and hoped the weight of their supplies and armour wouldn't take a toll on them.

They marched for a few months, resting in their tents at night and waking at dawn. The men kept in good spirits by singing as they marched and a few men at a time would go hunting for fresh meat. Occasionally they'd meet a bandit party and fight although most bandits seemingly avoided the heavily armed men. The hussars weren't exactly impressive to Ateus although they did seem to have interesting experiences which Ateus told his men, who barely understood any of the stories they told. As they reached the halfway point of their journey, Ateus rode up beside Casmir. "Do you th-ink that this journ-ey is going well? Your mans seemed unprofessional at first but I lick them now."

"It's been a long hual, Jednak jest świetny. Just fine I say. And never judge a book by it's cover," Casmir looked back to his armored men in their winged armor, "They will prove themselves cunning warriors, maybe even becoming heroes dispite their flaws. They are good men." Casmir's horse trotted side-by-side with Ateus. He lifted his hand and wiped dirt from his face. The force continued crawling forwards as they slowly begin disappear over the horizon.

Ateus nodded and sighed. "This is pretty place, not like Orax. Orax has sand everywhere but here there is bright green grass, it's nice." Ateus was interrupted by a rider approaching him, being guided by a few guards who held onto his reigns and made sure he didn't try anything.

"Message for you King Ateus, from a man named Mardon." Ateus extended his hand and took the letter, breaking the seal and reading it. When he was done he handed it over to Casmir. It said this:

Dear King Ateus Oraxud,
I hope this rider finds you well, I have pleasant news. I hired seven ships to go to Alliria and pick up the troops you requested. I also have begun dialogue with the Allirian merchant council regarding trade. Before the discussions go further, you must be make some decisions and so I have decided to go to Orax with the ships and then meet up with you in the blightlands. I believe we shall be in the blightlands eight months from the date of our arrival.

With purpose and respect,
Mardon

"Shall we keep riding?" Ateus said. "We can arrive at the blightlands and set up a camp before the rest of my troops arrive."

Casmir lightly nodded. "Yeah, we should. No use turning back now." Casmir turned looking back to the uncomfortable looks of hussars and their new recruits. "Do you mind if we ride up ahead and go scout?"

Ateus nodded, "Go ahead."

Casmir snapped down the leads to his horse and the cracking noise caused the horse to neigh. Casmir whistled loudly and his Hussars, along with the new men, charged up behind him, forming a wedge. The horses began galloping quickly away from the marching army of Ateus. As the hussars were galloping down the road, Henry road up along side him, he looked out and yelled over the thundering noise of the horses smacking their feet on the ground.

"We finally gonna get some action?" Henry held tightly to the straps, leading forwards.

"That's the plan!" Casmir snapped down on the leads again and the horse once again neighed, charging up to full speed. The horses charged down the path quickly. As the group rounded the corner, they seen a large group of armed men in rages, bandits. The horses slowed down and came to a stop, all but Casmir who road up ahead. As he approached the group, they looked to him and readied their weapons.

"Gdzie jest twój lider?" The voice silenced the hoard, on man in the crowd screamed, "Damn forigen'r!"

A man began pushing his way through the crowd, Casmir carefully watched. The man stepped out into plain view, he was short with a scruffy mustache, and had dark killer's eyes on his creaming aged face. The man looked up to Casmir with a raspy voice in broken Odesan, "Zostaw lub bądź moim wrogiem" He paused and coughed. "An' 'round here we speak comm'n."

Casmir nodded lightly. "You threaten me? I don't fear you. Clear this road with your mob or face the consequences."

The man chuckled slightly, "What are you gonna do?"

Casmir turned on his horse, the horse lifted it's front legs, Casmir held on as the stallion let out a courageous cry. The beast turned and barreled down the road towards the other. Casmir's horse slowed as it reached the others.

"What did they say?" Dalton scratched his beard on his horse, eager of the news.

Casmir simply looked at Dalton and shook his head. "God forgive us." The men ducked their heads for a moment, understanding. "Prepare a charge men."

The hoard of bandits walked slowly across the massive field, they laughed and spoke of how the man in armor simply ran off when threatened. As they walked, a man in the rear of the group stopped. He heard something. Turning, the man spotted what appeared to be demons. Men in complete steel with wings charging towards them. He screamed and the bandit group quickly dispersed as the hussars barreled through the center, trampling two and spearing another.

Casmir swore on his horse, "Down girl." He quickly pulled on the lead as the horse turned to a large group of men. The horse rushed towards them, Casmir cutting them down with his sword like a warm blade through butter. The hussars struck so quickly and with such ferocity, the small army of bandits didn't see it coming. As the last few were picked off, the hussars began to laugh and cheer.

"Victory!" Yelled Henry

"Like your surprised!" yelled Dalton"

"Quite!" Casmir turned his horse back in the direction of the road, "We just defeated a small army who may or may not have threatened our army. It was a slaughter that may have saved the lives of many others. I will pray for them and for ourselves. Soon. For now, we must get back to the army."

Casmir snapped down on the ropes of his horse and trotted slowly back towards the army, followed by the rest of the hussars.

Ateus and his men watched the engagement and cheered when they saw the men win. Ateus nodded to his men and yelled something in his tongue. The men murmured what sounded like agreement. Ateus smiled and waved at Casmir. "Done well, let us move on so we may set camp up before the troops I req-uested arrive." Ateus clicks his tongue and his horse begins moving with his troops following behind him. As they continue to ride through, they deal with a few more small bandit parties before reaching the site they picked for their camp. It is a large grassy field with plenty of room, just south of the Gulf of Ryt. As Ateus' men begin assembly tents, Ateus dismounts and walks to Casmir.

"We must wait for my men before we can do anything else, I hope the wait is calm for us."