Private Tales The Grey

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Jair

The Storm
Character Biography
Link
The mist was thick as pea soup, and only seemed to get thicker as Jair made his way towards the port town of Jaku. He could smell the sea, it was near by a smell as familiar to him as the smell of bread was to most of the smaller creatures. It was a combination of smells really that combined to form the smell of sea, salt, live fish, sea weed, sand, and other similar smells. It almost made him feel at home.

Almost except the mist was stifling the sound of his steps, the mist was stifling a giants foot steps that could be thought of as concerning. Even the lighthouse, and it was a light house could hardly be seen through the mist. Just in case the eldritch giant let his boat anchor sway by his side swinging gently as he stepped.

He could hear other sounds, just as muffled as his own steps. There was the creak of a wagon wheel, wind passing through the trees. He was close to a town, hopefully the town had a wench his size, but more importantly a meal his size.

((Tag Kalia Oro Khastan))

• Yay
Reactions: Kalia Oro Khastan
The mists around this village were certainly unnatural, somewhat familiar but he couldn't quite place it in his memory. Where had he seen something like this before? Certainly it was while he was alive, but when? He was perplexed by it, almost nothing could be seen at all through the mist.

He was headed to Jaku on a bounty hunt for the adventurers guild. Some escaped cult members had fled here to hide. Perhaps this mist was their doing? It was a good reward and he was confident that he could bring them in on his own. the gold from this job would keep him floating for a good long while.

As he was walking along he was started when a huge man appeared through the mists right beside him! He didn't even hear him walking, must be the mists again. The man was a giant no doubt, and much larger than he was. Some would consider Kalia a giant, but he was only half giant while he was alive, and now he was a half giants bones wrapped up in layers of burial wrappings, robes and bronze Kalitian armor to look somewhat covered in flesh.

He only came up to the giants knee, maybe, he couldn't tell just by looking. But still he could be flattened if he didn't draw the giants attention downwards.
"Hail friend! What business brings you to Jaku? Perhaps we can travel together in this damnable fog?"

Jair, didn't jump....he made a tactical side step when the gold plated humanoid suddenly showed up, and announced himself.

Looking down at the golden clad half giant, he nodded to himself, and replied in a most friendly fashion, "I am Jair. I don't exactly have any business at Jaku, well except for food. I hope they have enough to feed me. I'd rather not have to travel around to the next town on a half empty stomach."

Then currisoty got the better of him, and he asked "Mind you, have you seen anyone else since you entered the fog?"

Almost above the range of hearing there was the sound of something that reminded one of cicadas. But at this distance it was still muffled, and quiet.

• Yay
Kalia shook his head as he fell in beside the giant, "No, you're the only person I've seen since entering the fog. But I'm on my way to Jaku to investigate a rumor, so this fog has me suspicious. It's certainly not normal, even for a seaside village."

He walked warily, his hand resting on the hilt of his Khopesh as he kept his sense alert for any sign of danger. He also heard the slight sound, and it only served to heighten his suspicions.
As they walked the fog only got worse. Kalia wasn't nervous, his body couldn't physically produce the adrenaline to make him excited. But he was on the alert, something sinister and supernatural was at work and it was becoming more and more evident.

Last edited:
"HMMMM" Jair mused on a few things, as they walked in silence. The fog was acting strange, one could hear the giants foot steps thump in the fog, but it didn't travel much farther than the pairs ears. The light house in the distance could be seen but its rays, were not, it resembled a great eye in the fog not very good for navigation.

The first signs of civilization finally entered view, after a fashion. The road went from packed dirt to cobble stones, and remnants of old walls covered in moss. The moss it self was... different Jair had only seen moss of that color in the depths of the sea, and even then it was not exactly the same. Curiosity, after curiosity seemed to pass by the pair by the minute.

• Yay
As they approached the village things were definitely off. Kalia drew his Khopesh and decided to risk calling out.
"Hello? is anyone here? Where does one go to find a drink around here?"
He stopped to listen but was only met with the same eerie silence... That is, until something on the walls shifted some loose stones that clattered to the ground.

Kalia let out a sigh, "I grow tired of this. If something want's to kill us, come out and get it over with. Enough of this game."
He sent out a burst of energy, creating a radius of green fire around them. If anything entered that radius, the spell would erupt and let those inside know of the intruder.