Completed The Dress

"If only that was the only thing I missed....At least you can walk on your own and at least you have proper clothes that can keep you warm and dry." Maybe Richard Henry the Eighth was used to being away on big journeys. But she wasn't. "I've never been away from home this long before. Only a day or two at most." Nothing like this. It was never like this. And with no one knowing where they were, that made it all the worse. Everyone probably thought that they were dead.

Seeing a light up ahead made her nervous, which was clearly indicated as her body stiffened. Myrcella just shut her eyes as she turned her head into his chest. The last thing that she wanted was to encounter more monsters.

Richard placed Myrcella near the wall as he drew his sword out. "I'll be back," he said to Myrcella kissing her forehead. "I won't be long okay," The Bard Knight stayed against the wall as he held his sword out wondering what was causing that light. "Hello," he called out. "Is anyone there?"

• Sip
Reactions: Myrcella Bochanan
Myrcella nodded a bit. What else was she going to do besides stay put? Take up arms and join him? She couldn't even walk without help. She was just hopeless.

Richard Henry the Eighth wasn't met with any response other than his own echo. As he progressed further he'd find that the light wasn't created by a fire but by glow worms. What caused their glow was unknown, but more than likely a natural process.

Not hearing much of anything, Myrcella allowed herself to close her eyes. All that she thought about was her bed, her family and real food. Oh how she longed to be there again.

Richard carefully approached the light trying his best not to create any commotion. As soon as he arrived however, the flames disappeared leaving the Bard Knight in the dark. "Damn," he muttered as a crack of thunder caused him to jump a bit. "Myrcella," Richard said going back to her. "Are you okay?"

Myrcella jumped a little as the thunder broke the silence, but she didn't open her eyes. Instead she just shivered, all curled up in the spot where Richard Henry the Eighth had set her down minutes before. Beads of sweat pooled on her forehead as her temperature rose, yet to her she was just really cold and not quite feeling well. Like any other girl in these moments, she just wanted to be safe in bed and under the care of her mother and house staff. Yet such things were impossible to achieve. Myrcella could only imagine coming home to find the estate abandoned or destroyed though. Knowing how her luck was going, she was probably the only one of her family left.

Hold his sword in front of him, Richard quickly turned the corner nearly tripping himself in the process. How clumsy of him to be a knight and have the balance of a man that has two left feet? Father would be furious, the Bard Knight quickly erased that thought from his head. He didn't want to think of home not until he's taken Myrcella back to the Bochanan estate. However everyday they find themselves farther from their destination, Richard's resolve became weaker. As he Richard looked up, he saw a beautiful yellow dress with a pink undershirt that fit Mycella's size. What was this doing here?

It didn't matter, new clothing for Myrcella sheathing his sword Richard rushed back to Myrcella picking the young woman up. "I think you'll like what I'm about to show you," he said beaming down at her.

• Wonder
Myrcella didn't respond at first. She was drifting off to sleep in her feverish state. Yet somehow she had managed to bring herself back to consciousness. She mumbled a little before she opened her eyes, giving them a moment to focus on Richard Henry the Eighth as he picked her up.

"What...? ...What is it?"

The Bard Knight kissed her forehead eager to show Myrcella what he found. "It's a surprise," he said bringing her towards the lit area. He wondered about the origin of the dress, it looked like it was made from very rare fabric. Perhaps from the Age of Wonders Richard did recognize the clothing style from the many books he has read about the Age of Wonders. A technological revolution it was described, where the humans and dwarves experienced a golden age. What caused it to collapse Richard always wondered.

He approached the dress which was hung by a stand and smiled. "I found you new clothes," he said smirking at the young woman.

• Wonder
Myrcella's eyes widened as she saw the dress. They travelled up and down the garment, taking in every detail. Her mood lifted somewhat as she held out one of her hands to touch it, half expecting it to all be a mirage.

"It's so beautiful...Am I dreaming?" She felt as though she was. Yet the entire experience had been but a nightmare for her. Or some neverending bad dream.

Richard smiled down at Mycella getting closer to the dress, "It looks like it came from the Age of Wonders," he said his free hand brushing across the yellow dress. "Back then even the commoners were equivalent to nobles," The Bard Knight looked around the area surrounding the dress. Boulders barred off the place which made Richard wonder: was this cave once home to a powerful noble. The Allir Reach was rich with resources from vineyards, to fruits and vegetables. No way a person would not at least settle here.

"Want to try it on?" Richard asked getting Myrcella close to the dress. "I won't look when you change promise."

• Love
Myrcella's fingers lightly traced the flowers sewn into the fabric. "How could it just be....left here?...Is this some sort of a wishing cave?" Now that would be amazing for she had so many wishes that she'd want to come true.

Of course she nodded as Richard Henry the Eighth asked her if she wanted to try the dress on. Myrcella gave him a bit of an amused smile as he said he wouldn't peek. "I do need help out of this one though. I haven't seen the back, but I'm sure that it'll be tough to untie the bodice."

Feeling his cheeks heat, Richard placed Myrcella down and began to untie her bodice. "I really hope that's the last thing I'll have to do," The Bard Knight said his tone of voice nearly stammering as he removed the dress from its stand. "Here you are," he mumbled looking away.

• Haha
Myrcella paid close attention as Richard undid her bodice. In truth she couldn't of gotten out of the dress without him, yet she couldn't help but have her thoughts drift to what their wedding night would be like...

As the folds of fabric fell below her shoulders, she kept hold of it to maintain her modesty, her cheeks blushing as she recieved the new dress from him. "Thank you, Richard." She adjusted the new dress so that it was facing the right way and slipped it on over herself, sliding the old dress down as the newer one fell overtop. It was looser and had no bodice at all, yet draped her form nicely. She shoved the tattered remains of her old dress aside and really wished that there was a mirror present. "How do I look?"

Richards eyes widened the moment Myrcella limped towards him. She looked stunning in that dress as though she was straight from the Age of Wonders. “You look absolutely beautiful,” Richard said holding her up. “I don’t think there’s anything you don’t look good in.”

• Love
Myrcella smiled and blushed as Richard Henry the Eighth seemed to appreciate her look. "Well, there is that old thing.." She pointed to her tattered dress that was beyond repair. "I looked a mess in that I'm sure."

Myrcella wrapped her arms around him as he hd her up. "And just think; once we get home there'll be lots of dresses that I can wear and model for you."

"I don't know," the Bard Knight raised an eyebrow as he began to carry her out of the cave. The rain thankfully began to subside though there was some steam obscuring the path a bit. "You're the kind of person who would make a burlap sack look good Myrcella," Richard made sure to place Myrcella's tattered dress with them, maybe Myrcella's people can't repair but his family could.

"I'm not the dress wearing type I'm afraid," he chuckled holding Myrcella close.

Myrcella was glad that the rain was subsiding. Yet she still clung onto Richard Henry the Eighth as he carried her, still tucked her head into his shoulder. The damp air was cool and her dress was more appropriate for summer weather. "I feel almost like a princess; hidden away from monsters that want to kill me." That was a silly notion as she was neither of those things. But their journey was a lot like a story in one of her books.

"How soon do you think they'll rush our wedding when we return?"

"When I first met you acted like a Princess," a smile formed through the Richard's bearded face. "A spoiled princess who complained when her cup of tea was too hot but I'd say close enough." It came as a surprise that the Sun was up and shining bright giving beauty to damp and dreary environment. Richard wanted it to be a sign of hope. It had to be right?

"They'll place us in a crate before they'll marry us off," Richard mused. "To make sure we don't disappear again. Let's go I think I know where we are at."

• Haha
Myrcella smirked a little. She was a perfectionist; the oldest daughter in the family, so she had to make sure that things were right. One day she was going to run a household, so she had to be able to be the boss.

She liked having the sun warm her skin, yet she still felt a bit cold. Still she brightened up a little as Richard Henry the Eighth claimed to know where they were located. "Where are we? How far away are we from home? Is there a village nearby?"

Richard passed their fireplace which was drowned out by the rain, as he continued walking a large Rainbow was formed through the parting dark clouds leading them north. "According to Allirian legend," Richard said bringing Myrcella to the grassy plains. "When a rainbow forms it always leads to a land peace and plenty a land that is inhabited by squat little people called: Halflings. It's called: Fairbarin."

Even though it was a legend, it was also to make up for the fact that Richard's memory of the Allir Reach was starting to clear up again. Fairbarin was the safest place possibly in all of Arethirl, it was good for he and Myrcella to rest and write to their families.

• Love
Richard sighed "This is why you need to get out more," he said pinching Myrcella's nose. "It's a peaceful place but the Halflings are..... suspicious of any outsiders but they have good hearts so the inhabitants should be friendly to us."