Private Tales The Devil on your shoulder...

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Maywynn Wrath

Void Keeper.
Maywynn was in a place she didn't often find herself in.

A place of disadvantage.

It hadn't been her fault completely to be fair.
She had been in the middle of pulling a way a victim into her caves when a group of monster hunters ambushed her.

They must have heard the legend and baited her. There were three. Wearing all black and hooded.
A large man weilding an even larger silver ax. A female Archer and another female swordsman. She couldn't see much about them as they remained hooded, but that was much less important than their weapons.

Before she was even able to prepare herself to attack or defend a silver arrow from the Archer took her in the shoulder. the swordsman slashed her across the stomach. She lay there with black tarlike blood pushing out of her wounds. Gasping for air.

The paralysis from their silver weapons and the burning damage they did had left her crippled as she laid there and waited for what came next.
The large man stood over her hefting his ax and readying to bring it down to separate her head from her body.

She closed her eyes as her master reached out with his will calling for any close enough to hear to aid his follower..

Whispers beckoning for help would reach the ears of Lara Angiris.

• Yay
Reactions: Lara Angiris
She heard a whisper of someone asking for help Lara followed the voice,
only to see a girl about to be murdered by three human hunters,
whipping out her blade she walked closer, silently, a cold aura washed over her but she only wanted to kill.

A silver blade pierced the male hunter, his axe falling to the ground,
he fell to the side and laid in a pool of his own blood,
the girl behind him stood there she didn't speak much less gave any hint of worry.

The other two hunters stood there in shock "What are you doing!?" the female archer yelled and was soon silenced, she had her upper half cut clean off blood spewing unto the ground.

The swordsmen stood there in fright, Lara's mismatched eyes giving off a look of malice,
The woman was going to run only to be tackled by hungry spirits,
She screamed in pain as they feasted on her, soon her voice was silenced as the spirits vanished
leaving only her soulless fleshy remains.

She looked at the injured victim and walked over, she knelt next to the girl and saw the tar like blood,
healing her wounds she propped the girl up on tree and soon stood up.

"..." The chilling aura was from the girl, "I only killed them because i wanted too, i shall be taking my leave".

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Maywynn Wrath
"Stop." It was a command. Spoken gently but a command none the less. It was the voice that had called her there. It replied no more as Maywynn began to hack up dried globs of her dark blood.

"Stop please....I appreciate your help..The silver damaged my connection much more than just physically...stay with me for a moment...in case more return.."

She spluttered as her for indeed seemed to shiver slightly like it was slipping out of the very fabric of existence.

"I can offer you something..what is it you desire. What do you seek on the journey your taking..."

She said feebly.

The elf stopped in her tracks, she turned slightly and looked at the girl.

"I seek nothing, i only kill girl." Lara walked to the her.
"I will stay but do not expect me to protect you forever" She gathered fire wood and built a small campfire,
resting her blade on her lap she began cleaning it Strange girl she thought.

"How long do you need and what is your name?" she asked the girl looking for something to counter the thoughts.

She didn't wish to think of that.

Last edited:
  • Yay
"I shouldnt be too much longer.." She said with her head low still struggling to breath but getting better by the minute. "And my name is Maywynn..May I ask yours?"

She said with a smile as she finally looked up at her.

Her eyes were black. Pitch black with only red glowing circles in them for irises. They seemed to be somehow cold and yet warmly cheerful. She looked her savior up and down from where she sat like a scientist would a subject. Curiosity was clear as she met her mismatched eyes.

"So you only seek to kill eh?" She giggled. "I must say I can at least apperciate that outlook on life I suppose.."

She sat quietly for a moment before continuing.

"What if I could help you do that better.." Her master had called to her, and her savoir had responded...Even if it was just an impulse..

Things rarely happened by sheer chance in Maywynn's world at the very least.

"Because Im in your debt now you see..I have to give you something..or hang around until I can repay you..It's the least I could do."

She said with a smile. She seemed like a child happy to help and willing to follow, but underneth..Something said it wasnt a request..

It was like something cold and evil was using her like a shell, and just scratching the surface of it would break the seal and release its vile essence.
There was no way one would pick up on this sense because of her behavior. She acted like a cheerful child.

It was just a feeling that seemed to hang around her like a stench of a decaying soul.

• Yay
"Lara" She replied "Lara Angiris" the elf looked at the girl her eyes meeting hers "Beautiful" she whispered,
she always had a thing for those kind of eyes.

"Better? my what a lovely offer~" she said in a playful tone, she removed her bloody black cloak to reveal a blue sleeveless dress underneath, scars on her arms clearly visible, "I suppose you could follow me, just don't get in the way of my strikes~" she said as she sheathed her silver sword.

She stood up as she put her cloak in her bag, tying up her hair she held a hand to the girl,
"Staying here isn't good, there is a village not to far from here i have already booked a room in the inn we can stay in." she offered.

• Yay
"I would appreciate such an offer..thank you..." Maywynn said blushing when she heard the woman call her eyes beautiful. She liked it much more than the screams of terror she usually received.

She took her hand gently. Her touch would be ice cold like a corpse in winter. She glanced at the scars with a small amount of curiosity. Scars were a map of hard battles won. Battle's you would never be able to forget..bit seeing her companion change inspired her to change as well.

Her dress would seem to melt into darkness leaving her body naked for the breifest of moments exposing all of the symbols and summoning circles carved into her perfect skin.

At first one might see them as tattoos but on closer inspection it could be seen that they were carved into her flesh and darkness leaking out of them gave the illusion of ink. Small tendrils of void energy seemed to weave and latch to her skin forming a much more revealing tight fitting leather pants and a black cotton shirt with no sleeves and cut to show her stomach a good bit.
It also began to latch to the spilt blood on the ground. She stopped for a moment releasing her saviors hand. Turning to the woman who had been cut down.

"If you would please pardon me a moment.." she said with a small bow like a girl asking to be excused from the dinner table. She walked over to the bodies upper half.

The girls mouth was still moving as she bled and bled. Maywynn laid down on the ground next to her. "Quiet child..Peace is approaching you swiftly." She said stroking her face with gently as she kissed her.
A deep open mouthed kiss ripping her soul from her body as her energy spread around her like the legs of a spider draining all of the blood in the area.

Corrupting it and drawing it into herself. She finally pulled away from the corpse wiping her mouth.

"It's more fun when they are alive, but food is food." She said with a sigh melting into the ground before resurfacing right next to Lara. She took hold of Lara's wrist draping Lara's arm over her shoulders and wrapping her own right arm around Lara's waist.

"Ah..much better. I hate walking on an empty stomach don't you?" She said with an innocent giggle. Wiping away the black tar of void corruption from her mouth.

She was pressing her body against Lara like they were a loving couple on a date. There was something about this woman Maywynn liked..Maybe it was just because she never found anyone pretty that enjoyed a good blood bath. Maybe it was because she didn't get complimented very often.

Either way her master wanted her to investigate, and Maywynn was more than happy to oblige him. She would be as thorough as she needed to be...

Holding Maywynn tightly she replied "I can surely agree with that" unfazed by her actions,
she didn't seem afraid of her, not even flinching from the coldness she emanated, "Maybe you can tell me more about your...Occupation when we get to safer ground" She said with a slight smirk.

As they walked out of the forest Lara pulled Maywynn closer and put her black cloak on her, "Just in case, rather not lose a dear friend now, right?" she remarked playfully, and smiled at her new found companion,
when they entered the village, everyone was greeting Lara kindly as if they didn't know she was killing them without mercy.

"Oh is this a new friend of yours?" A woman asked, Lara just nodded and kept walking, soon both entering the inn, releasing Maywynn and falling onto one of the beds, she seemed purely annoyed at all of them asking where she was or who Maywynn was "Nosy brats" she said bluntly.

Last edited:
  • Yay
She let out a small "oh.." of surprise when Lara pulled her even closer and held her there.
Maywynn enjoyed closness of all kinds but hadn't felt this kind in a while.
It was nice.
She smiled at the town's people and seemed very happy to talk to them before being pulled away by Lara. When they finally got to the inn Lara let her opinions be known as bluntly as possible while flopping on the bed. Maywynn smiled at her frustration. This woman truly was a find.

"Don't be surprised when the sheep behave as such. If they were smarter and less nosey we would both be out of our fun. Me more than you I think sadly."
Maywynn said with a slight smirk and a playful roll of her eyes as she simply flopped on to the bed next to her.

Her clothes seemed to melt into her body once again as they reformed into a black chest wrap and panties.
She kept herself at a playful distance wanting Lara to have to pull her closer herself if she so wished.

"I personally think it's cute and endearing, but when you've lived 500 years...Well.." She said with a pause holding her chin for a moment as if recalling something...

"..We all go through our hatred of humanity phase. Eventually it becomes amusing.." She finished with a slight nod.

"But enough about sheep. You wanted to know about my occupation correct?" She said looking into her new companions mismatched eyes with a cold warmth to them.

Looking at Maywynn she let out a small sigh, "Yes I'd like to know more about you, I am to be traveling with you no?" she said, looking at her she smirked "Enjoyed my warmth that much?" she teased, her silver amulet sliding off her chest onto the bed next to her neck.

She rolled onto her stomach and let her smile fade "I have lived for 100 years...So I'm still going threw that phase i suppose, but i have my reasons." she remarked her eyes filled with pure hatred for the people that killed her family, took her happiness away, she began to play with a lock of her hair.

She looked back a Maywynn and smiled, "You remind me of her...So playful..." she said quietly remembering the woman she loved so dearly, her soft black hair, her eyes, she missed rose to no end.
Maywynn looked similar but so different.

Last edited:
"Ah revenge..I see. "

Maywynn said as a brief look of clarity flashed over her expression.

"Vengeance is a powerful thing child, but sadly it is much like a man in how it ages. Powerful and strong in it's youth. Decreped and useless when elderly." She pondered a moment as she decided to roll over to Lara.
She wrapped herself around what she could as she spoke.
While the gesture was far from innocent it had a double meaning.
Conveying her affection in a flirtatious manner?

Absolutely.

But there was more she wanted it to say. It was a gesture of closeness to signify how much she wanted her to hear what she said.

It was saying
"This is important to learn."

In the purest form of body language so it wasn't left to tone or utterence to be interpreted in any other way.

"What I mean to say is..vengeance is a powerful fuel, but as you advance in years it will become a hinderance. There are other things in this world that would benefit you more."

She had slowly worked Lara onto her back little by little until in a burst of strength that seemed beyond her small frame by an incredible margin she flipped Lara over and pinned her.
Maywynn's face was barely half an inch away form Lara's own. Their lips so close she could feel Maywynn's breath on her own.

Her voice lost its sweet youthful tone taking on a deeper female tone that seemed to penetrate to her very core as her chill seemed to increase. " I can show you if your willing to see." She said slowly.

"That is my occupation you see. I am a bridge. And all you need do is cross me.." She said in a whisper as she leaned over into Lara's right ear, and with that the chill vanished and the weight of the situation seemed to vanish with it as Maywynn kissed her on the cheek before rolling off of her lightly.

"Or don't. It's your choice of course. "

She said with a smirk. Her youthful cute tone returning as easily as it had vanished.

"Darling, lovely offer. But still rather vague." she replied.

"Your way of stating that fact, is very interesting," she fiddled with her amulet, she stood up and untied her hair, walking to the window, she looked out at the evening sky, "I have nothing left in life. To me, there is no reason to cross a bridge if what you offer is power." she replied bluntly.

Her right eye began to shine, The color of red becoming dark like blood, "I have to say though, the bridge is quite tempting, but temptation is even more of a hindrance then a gift" she stated looking at Maywynn, a creature appeared on the windowsill, it was a butterfly, beautiful as the night itself, the pattern on the wings looked like they were moving, yet seemed to be still.

It flew onto Lara's hand emanating a dark essence, a staff soon formed, a white staff with a orb like crystal attached, it seemed to have been white in the past but soon turned black in Lara's possession, Wrapped around the staff were vines, they were silver.

The night came soon after, the light of the moon shining threw the window, everyone had gone home, not a single soul to be seen outside

"look forward to your company Maywynn, hope you enjoy tonight, I must practice my magic so if you'll excuse me."
Jumping out the window, Lara was nowhere to be seen, she had left.

Last edited:
  • Yay
"Do I remind you of a lover perhaps? Now who's being vague. Even though you seem the "blunt" type I only ask you to bear with me.." She said with a playful smile. "Vague is more fun.."

"Such a narrow view."
She said with a smile as she watched her friends power manifest.
"But narrow doesnt mean wrong, or unintelligent.."

She seemed to fade into black mist as Lara moved to jump from the window. It seemed to meld with Lara's body like a second skin it seemed to hang around her leaving small tendrils of dark void energy trailing off of her like smoke.

"I would like to accompany you if that's ok.. I wont get in the way."

Her voice seemed to lick her ear as she felt the dimmest sense of a person in the essence attached to her. Like Maywynn was leaning her chin on her shoulder.

• Yay
"Do as you wish" Lara replied, Walking all the way to a meadow, full of flowers and in the middle a big oak tree stood.

The black butterflies were everywhere, they were so lovely, fluttering about
"Do wish to know anything about me?"
She asked while the butterflies circled her.

Her casual demeanor shifting into a more serious, the butterflies followed her, some even circled around Maywynn, Lara began practicing, summoning, Dark magic, the things she knew the collage in Elbion Would never let this woman into there domain.

Lara looked at Maywynn, "Also don't go killing or eating those butterflies, They manifest from me, killing one would hurt you know." she stated, making sure the woman didn't kill one of the butterflies,
last person who did she was curled up in bed for weeks! In pure agony, it didn't help she had food poisoning.

She continued to practice, "The full moon is beautiful, no? I always enjoy the night more then the day" she said as she gave a warm smile to Maywynn, she seemed to enjoy the company of one who didn't wish death upon her, but she wasn't the type to admit it.

Last edited:
  • Yay
"Wouldn't dream of it darling."

She said with a casual smile. Letting the insect dance along her fingers until it flew away.

" I suppose I should ask what kind of magic you wield. It's very beautiful." Maywynn said with a sigh and a flip of her hair.

She began silently watching the graceful way she moved and the beautiful soul crushing death that it brought into existence.

Curiosity began to be more and more plain in her expression.

Like Lara was a puzzle piece she couldn't quite figure out where to place.

"Dark magic for the most part, and summoning magic." she replied without looking at Maywynn,
she continued to practice, "Anything more you wish to know?" she asked casually as she let a burst of dark matter out of her staff and into her hand, like fire it let out a blue hue as it came from her staff and hand.

Lara let the fire like magic wrap around her, surrounding her, it soon vanished into thin hair as quickly as it came. "What's your favorite color?" she asked smiling.

Last edited: