Open Chronicles The Depths of Sanity

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"Oh my dear, you are most welcome," Zilvra replied to his thanks... So, this was the poor boy's story. And it was even more tragic than she'd imagined. Not only had his entire family been destroyed by the beasts, but on top of that, the bite had transformed him into the demonic creature he so despised. "How cruel the world is, that not only did you lose your family, but you were also driven away from your home town by everyone you'd ever known. It's despicable... No, it's unacceptable," she decided with a cruel smile. "It's a difficult situation, of course, but the solution seems simple to me. You do not know which pack killed your family. This seems to leave you with one option... Hunt down every pack in the area and butcher them all." Overkill? Some would probably say so... But Zilvra was more than willing to slay a few innocents to reach her goals. Besides, even if the other packs hadn't killed this man's family, no doubt they'd killed other humans at some point in their lives. Highly unlikely that any werewolf could be entirely 'innocent'. Jaken had demonstrated that tonight. "It would be a difficult task, but it could be done... I could even help you, if you wished."

He let it out, his untold backstory, his biggest secret in life, to someone he knew that exact day. Funny, isn't it? How a simple relaxing spell can expose someone in a matter of minutes.
"Killing all the packs?" he asked "No... I will only kill the pack that destroyed my family. If I killed the other packs in the lands with no reason or reward, that would make me a mindless assasin. The one thing I hunt for a living. Sorry to disappoint you." he placed his hand on Zilvra's cheek "But I won't kill all the packs. That would not follow my morals, or at least, that's what I think it is. Killing just because. Besides... I am WAY better than the werewolves that attacked my family. And you don't need to help me hunt down all the pack. In first place, I'll never do it, not even for 2 billion gold coins. And there would be way too many werewolves for me. Second, you wouldn't last 5 steps if a full pack of werewolves were following your ass."
He yawned, opening his big mouth, exposing his fangs and long tongue.
"Damn, I'm sleepy. Probably that spell of yours." he laughed "I found this right after I killed everyone." he showed Zilvra the piece of rag he found before. A symbol of a sword impaled in a wooden box "It was in every men I encountered now that I think back. When I attacked ground, someone yelled for reinforcments, so maybe there is more of them, a clan. Perhaps the job is not over. The docks are not safe yet. We'd have to ask around for information." he yawned again.

• Yay
Reactions: Zilvra
"You think so?" Zilvra asked, surprised when Jaken said that he had no intention of killing all of the other packs in the area. Perhaps this monster had some morals after all. Though, she supposed that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. People with a hint of morality were less likely to stab a business associate in the back. "Well, I suppose I can make sense of that. Half of the werewolves in the area were probably once victims of the very beasts that attacked you after all. Still, you misunderstand my offer, my dear. I have no intention of taking on an entire forest full of beasts single-handed. That would be outside my area of expertise, I'm afraid. What I am proficient at is gathering information. You do not suppose you are the only one who's life was turned upside down by those monsters, do you? Surely there is someone, somewhere in the area who knows something of the pack you are looking for. The borders of their territory, what their alpha looks like... How many innocents they've killed. Ask the right people the right questions and everything falls into place. Perhaps you may find you have more allies than you realize. I'd imagine you're not the only one seeking revenge on this pack." It was something for the wolf to think about, at least.

"Most likely," she added when the wolf suggested that his drowsiness was probably an after effect of the spell. "You should get some rest, my dear. No need to keep your guard up, I'm not going anywhere." Reaching out to take the rag from the werewolf, Zilvra inspected it with a rather pleased expression. "Not a clan, by dear, a guild. And a rather powerful one at that. The Crimson Blades." Yes, this was certainly not the end of her troubles... What it was, what tonight's attack had been, was a stepping stone. A ripple in the waves of the swamp to set her plans in motion. The Crimson Blades would be back, in force, and they'd be looking for revenge... The beauty of it was that they'd have no idea which direction to turn. After all, The Carrion Crows were newly established in The Shallows, and she'd shown no signs of her power hungry nature to the rival guilds in the area. The Blades would no doubt be looking elsewhere for revenge, and there were several criminal organisations in the area that had been gathering power for years. If all went to plan, this attack on the docks would dissolve into a full blown turf war. The guilds would turn against each other, leaving glorious chaos in their wake! Blood would be spilled. Powerful men would die, and through it all, Zilvra would make connections, gathering power to herself through the suffering of others, with a heartless smile on her face all the while.

"You should certainly be on your guard about the city. Luckily, I do not think we were seen... And even if you were, nobody would recognize you in your human form. You should be safe. but keep your ears open for any rumours. Still, I doubt we have anything to fear from The Blades. They have many enemies, so it is unlikely that they'll lay the blame at our doors. Let's hope that out little display might dissuade them from putting more men at the docks for awhile." ... Or at least long enough for her next shipment of opium to arrive. The Blade's taxes on drugs were outrageous!

Jaken kept thinking on Zilvra's answer, to not only go gns blazing, but gather information of all the packs. That would lead to a more strategic approach and attack. But right now, he was on a job for ZIlvra, he could take care of that later. "Perhaps." he said, leaning his head on the log..
"And yes, I think you are right." he proceeded "I didn't leave any outstanding tracks of my attack, all the kills I made could've been eaily made by a human, though, I did chewed some meatt out of the last guard, that might be unusual in a human attack, unless that it was form a cannibal, that is." Jaken said, breathing as he felt the wound on his shoulder closing and his blood flow through it, he was amazed on how Zilvra's magic worked. If she wasn't here, the wound would take more care and more time to heal than any other non-silver made wounds "Nice job." he commented "I don't feel so much pain now, but..." he yawned "It left me sleepy. Lemme think what we could do... we could ask in the docks we just attacked for any type of information. iI f the people there have been attacked by them multiple times, I'm sure that they have some juicy information we can work on: number of members, their headquarters, and such. And... if they get defensive, ummm.... I dunno. That's it! USe your... the hell should I call it? Seductive magic? Whatever it is, you could persuade them to give us information."
He yawned. "FIne." he said "I'll get some sleep. Wake me up if you hear something suspicious. I gotta protect you, or else, whou will pay me. I'll try to be as aware as possible."
The wolf leaned his whole body an the ground and closed his eyes. "I would make a campfire, but... Im way too tired. Sorry." he said as he slowly fell into a deep sleep.
Minutes later, the werewolf was snoring peacfully. A wild beast resting with no worries; snoring, breathing, relaxed.
He had a plan to get the job done, but he needed some rest for now.
The wolf fell asleep.

• Yay
Reactions: Zilvra
The woman cursed under her breath when Jaken pointed out that he'd bitten a nice juicy chunk out of one of the guards. Damn, that could be a problem. "... No need to worry, I'm sure. You're not known in this town yet. And I imagine you intend to reveal your wolf form as little as possible. Besides, there's all kinds of monsters that stalk the night in these places. I highly doubt that anybody would so much as raise an eyebrow at you." More importantly, nobody knew that the two of them were associated, so Zilvra wouldn't be suspected at all.

Zilvra gave a slight chuckle when he referred to her power as 'seductive magic' "I suppose that's as good a word for it as any," she admitted. "But don't concern yourself now, I'm more than capable of making a campfire myself. Rest while you can, my dear," The drow whispered gently as the werewolf finally drifted off to sleep. "I have big plans for you."