Private Tales The Babysitting Job

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Griogair listened to what she had been trying to say to him during her more inebriated period. he remained silent, silently nodding when she promised to sleep and leave. she would find Griogai by the stables practising his archery with his crossbow using a hay bale as an improvised target.

he always practised his archery when he needed to clear his head, when he did it the world fell away it was just him and his target, nothing else mattered but even this wasn't working, intrusive thought kept coming and distracting him. does that mean she's attracted to me or is she just lonely? she's definitely lonely and so are you. "why I am thinking about this she's my boss" he would quietly stay to himself as he loaded his next bolt into his cross and took aim at the bale,

Last edited:
Griogair was not difficult to find once she asked one of her household staff. Ceilidh watched him quietly for a few minutes before she decided to interrupt him. She had been very good about her drinking since he had arrived...well when he was around at least...and she was slightly embarrassed at how she had acted that morning.

"Griogair," she started and waited for him to put the weapon down. She did not want to startle him. "I want to apologize about my behavior early. After receiving the terrible news, I did not know what to do except drink and paint..."

He was taking aim at the the hay bail, gently squeezing the trigger as he exhaled, then he heard his name, his body tensed and end up jerking the trigger causing him to miss the target, the bolt hot stone wall behind it and clattered to the floor.

Taking a deep breath, he lent his crossbow against the bucket he was using to store his bolts and would turn to face the lady. He listened first then replied “I’ve taken no offence from your actions, so no need to apologise but I had wished you had told me about your,,, other business. The night court is dangerous, they’re brutal and savage, if they find out it’s you that’s been helping, they won’t just kill you they’ll destroy anything you hold dear.” His tone was neutral to start of but once mentioned the night court it changed, becoming tinted with pain like that of someone had experience in fist hand.

"I do not help. I run it..." Her tone was equally as neutral as his was. He was the first person who was not one of her hired hands to know about this. "I do not hold anything dear anymore, Griogair. I lost everything I loved a thousand years ago..."

Ceilidh did not say anything else as she turned and headed to the edge of the lake. Her sprawling lake was one of her favorite features of her property. It was beautiful and peaceful. She sat down and stretched her long legs in front of her, leaning back on her hands and enjoying the sun on her face. The magic that controlled her weather and light was still the best gift that Mab had given her.

of course, she was running it which just meant she was even more at threat of danger than he thought, he would follow the lady to the side of the lake watching her stretch out and begin to bathe in the sun. Griogair would remain standing behind the lady. he needed to know how her operation worked to understand the risks involved.

"I need to know how your operation works, my lady, that way can understand the dangers you face to plan accordingly, I also would to like help you, I have a bone to pick with the night court and I think you could use my expertise, I perhaps I could find safer routes for your people to travel?"​

Ceilidh patted the ground beside her and once he had sat, she spoke again. "It is a complex series of messages really. The woman or womans friend will get a message to my spy in the Night Court, he sends it to Winter Court as a coded message in the form of an art order, an invoice is sent with the day and time of delivery back to him," she paused and sighed. "This is the part where it gets tricky. He is required to get them to a certain point and then one of my Guard...well...Mab's Guard who moonlight for me...picks up the woman and brings her here. It has been running about five hundred years now and I have only lost a handful of women."

She looked out onto the lake again and just smiled sadly. "I am sorry that you have been saddled with me, Griogair. You need to put your skills to better use than babysitting an alcoholic painter." Her voice was honest, she did not believe she deserved any guarding or help.

He would sit where she patted the ground, his legs spread apart his elbow resting on his knees. he would listen to how her operation worked, nodding along to it, it was a good system, not full proof but no system was.

He honestly felt sorry for the woman she had been alone for so long she had forgotten how to ask for help, he would look at her directly "An alcoholic painter? is that how you see yourself? do you know what I see? a woman who's willing to risk her own wellbeing to give others a better chance in life. if that isn't heroic I don't what is." she was too hard herself, she needed to hear those words from him. He began to subconsciously lean into towards her

"You know, the queen did give me an out, after a week I could inform her that job wasn't for me if she didn't hear anything she would assume I was happy with the arrangement. I plan on staying." leaning his body to reach, he would give her a short kiss on the lips "you are deserving of love." his orange eyes locked onto hers.​

It was sometime later that the two lay next to the lake cuddled up with eachother. Ceilidh laid against him with her hand on his chest. She was happy for the first time in a long time.

"Griogair, tell me about yourself." It wasn't really a request. She knew very little about the man she had just given everything to. Their conversations up until now had been pretty mundane and usually about daily shit.

"And do you want to stay in my employ? I would understand if you did not. I am clearly a terrible boss." Her chuckle was dark and self depreciating.

His arm was wrapped around Ceilidh, his hand resting on her ribs. Griogair opened his eyes and tilted his head to look at Ceilidh "I've had worse bosses" he would say flashing a grin before turning his head back to face towards the sky, his eyes moving as he thought about how to answer her first question.

He sighed before speaking again. "The only thing you don't know about me is my past and... I'd rather not darken the mood right now." he probably didn't answer the question the way she wanted but he had always been hesitant to talk about his past with people not that many asked him about it.

Ceilidh let out a slow sigh and shifted to look at his handsome face. "If you are going to stay here with me then you need to share with me, Griogair..."

She was not even sure why she wanted to know more about him. She did not care for him...did she? No, of course not. He was just her bodyguard with benefits. Nothing more. She was not sure why she was trying to lie to herself. She did care about him and she wanted him to be here with her.

"I want to know everything about you..."

He sighed again before he began, if she wanted to know he would let her, she deserved to know the story of her protector, her bodyguard "I guess i should start at the beginning."

"I was born near the border of winter territory into an estate, not unlike this one, it held my entire house, my entire family. we weren't any important Duanann house, minor, barely a footnote but we had a comfortable life." there was a bit of a smile on his face with his reminisce of the past.

"There was this other Duanann girl who didn't live too far, about a 30-minute walk through the forest, similar age too. she was in the same situation, surrounded by family. so you guess what two young bored Duanann got up to" he chuckled to himself.

Last edited:
"The same thing two older duanann get up to," Ceilidh said with a mischievous smile. She was not sure what that little add on had to do with anything but she would let him continue. She was little jealous that he had grown up surrounded by family. That had been her dream before her parents had died and it was her dream now with a family of her own.

Things that will never happen.

"Go on..." She said as she resumed drawing on his chest with her finger.

The smile that he had slowly began to recede and a pang of sadness crept into his eyes "It was like that for a few hundred years... then... then night court came." Griogair felt his throat begin to tighten causing him to constantly want to swallow.

"I... I don't exactly why they came for us, just that they did and that the only reason that i survived was that i wa... I was... I wasn't at home when they attacked, i was with the girl and a hid like a fucking coward." his hands were trembling, his knuckles white, his eyes watering.

Ceilidh slowly propped herself up on her elbow and looked at Griogair. She felt terrible for pushing him. She did not think the story would turn dark so quickly. She brought her hand up to his cheek and turned his head to look at her.

"You were young, Griogair. There was nothing you could have done so hiding saved your life and now you are here..." She trailed off. He might not think being here with her was a good thing. "I understand loss and sadness. It sucks but we can only move forward from it. Wow...I am very helpful," she said and moved to take the hand that was not behind her back.

She forced him to unclench his fists and intertwined her fingers into his. "I am sorry I made you tell me, Griogair."

Feeling her hand touch Griogair's face and turning him to look at her brought him out of his bad memory, thought her words brought him little comfort, she wasn't there, she didn't know what he saw, what he could have done to help. but he wouldn't bring that up, no point arguing over it, instead, he would put a cork in it for now. He would allow for her hand to weave its way into his, he would pull her closer and kiss her forehead, closing his eyes.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

His eyes fluttered open to see a cascade of ashen hair, he smiled pulling his body closer to Cee's and kissing the back of her head. it had been several weeks since they had first got together, he couldn't have imagined when he started this job he would have been sharing cee's after only being there for two month's but life works in mysterious ways.

Today was a special day, for it was heart and hearth day. He had spent some time gathering ingredients to make her gift. pulling himself up from the comfort of the bed he spotted his gift for her on the side of her bedside cabinet, he smiled before looking at his cabinet.

laying on it was a letter with something clearly was in it as the letter bulged. opening the letter two cream-coloured crocheted baby booties with a delicate blue ribbon fell out into his hand. confused slightly he looked up to read the letter. 'You are going to be a father.' he blinked a few times rubbing away the sleep from his eyes then rereading it. I'm going to be a father? I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER!

The revelation hit like a tsunami, he was overwhelmed with a sense of euphoria, putting the letter down he rolled over to Cee to pull her into a long and deep kiss. "how long have you known?" he would ask her after he broke the kiss, a wide smile across his face.

Last edited:
Ceilidh had woken up when Griogair pulled her close and kissed the back of her head. She did not move though, not yet. She wanted him to see his gift before she did. Once he had reached for the letter, she slowly rolled over and watched him with a smile on her face.

She watched his face with a smug smile as the words on the paper and the gift finally sunk in. She kissed him back deeply and then just continued to smile after he pulled away. This had been her dream for so many years and now she was finally pregnant. She was going to be a mother.

"Only a few days. I went and visited a midwife. She confirmed it with her affinity. If you do not want to stay with me, that is fine. I understand."

Babies were rare among the Duanann. For her to get pregnant so easily was some form of luck - or bad luck depending on who you asked.

"Oh, i want to stay. you're not getting rid of me that easy." Griogair would reply, pulling her closer and nuzzling his nose into her neck, unable to get rid of the wide grin across his face, he couldn't remember a time he felt this happy, it had been such a long time since he received good news.

"I'm a father." He would say quietly kissing Cee again, his hands running through her hair. "Now my gift feels rather inconsequential" he would say with a chuckle, now remembering she had yet to look at his gift to her. he would lay off to the side to allow her to get up and look at it.

"Yes, if I carry the baby to term..." She said sadly. The miscarriage and complication rate was also high for Duanann.

She rolled over to her own bedside table and looked at Griogair's gift. There were several simple leather pouches sitting on the table. She gently picked one up and opened it. She smiled broadly as she looked into the pouch. It was full of powdered pigments and it was perfect.

Ceilidh rolled back over to look at Griogair. "They are perfect! Thank you," she said and kissed him with more passion than the previous ones.

Griogair accepted her kiss, He would wrap his arm around her and pull her a top of him, “I thought you would like it, I made them myself.” her news of being with was amazing but it had made him hesitant about his morning plans but it could still go ahead if Cee was alright with it

I did have I plan for this morning but I don't know if your little passenger would like it.” he would say with a flirtatious grin, a hand drifting towards to her rear, He wasn't being subtle at all In what he meant.