Private Tales The Arena

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
»Or maybe some sadist wizard felt lonely,« Leonora furrowed her brows, approaching Willis from the back.
At least that was her best guess.

Something seemed to rumble behind the other gates though.
They would not open just yet.

• Sip
Reactions: Smiling One
Willis smirked before staring at the gate, the bars began vibrating violently. Willis could hear a quiet growl from behind, he could see the shape of the monster: large, burly, seemed to be wielding a weapon of sorts but it was hard to make out what it is since its shrouded in inky darkness.

"WELCOME TO THE ARENA!"

"What the hell?!" Willis stood in front of Leonora trying to looking for the sign of the voice. It was shrill yet giddy. "Stay behind me Leonora," he whispered.

• Nervous
Reactions: Leonora of Mirapol
»I want to see what's up,« Leonora grunted as she tried to peer past Willis' back, yet he kept her positioned in the darkness of activity.

The sound of what was to come, didn't sound all that pleasant.

• Smug
proxy.php

A small, grey creature stepped forward on the top of the balcony. He had yellow eyes long, pointed ears and a thin mouth which spread into a devilish grin. He also had long horns which protruded from his head as well as furry legs with long sharp toes. "An imp," Willis whispered. "Just our luck."

Imps deliberately make themselves appear harmless to an average person. However they are bursting with destructive power though they prefer deceit and cleverness. The origins of the Imp were vague with some Monster Hunters claiming that they came from the Pandemonium though the Grandmasters dispute this claim. "Welcome to the arena!" the Imp shouted raising its thin long arms to the roaring crowd.

"I have gone through great lengths to give you a Monster Hunter and his lover: a sorceress to go through a marathon of battles!" The Imp said. "Behind this gate is the mighty: Samuel the Cyclops! Who will win?! Lower the gates!"

"Stay back," Willis whispered to Leonora. "I'll protect you!"

»Excuse me,« she would have gone full vocal, but instead yelped more quietly, not wanting to stand out while looking as red like a turkey.
Now was not the moment.

»Excuse me, but I'll find myself a way to be of use.«
Behind Willis' back, Leonore grabbed for some sand.
Cyclops my arse.

• Dab
proxy.php

A large green Cyclops emerged from the cage standing around 8 foot tall and was wielding a large brown club around his long, shapened claws. It's purple eye gazed on Willis and Leonora as the young man chuckled. "Good luck trying to throw sand at a giant," he said raising his sword. "But please stay out of sight."

And with that, Willis began to charge directly towards the Cyclops attempting to wound its foot.

• Popcorn
»Close your eyes when I give the sign,« huffed out Leonora before kicking the evidence away.
And willis was already charging facefirst into the giant.

»HEY,« she hollered, running after, but keeping a respectable distance from them.

• Smug
Willis managed to Leonora's instructions as he sidestepped when the sorceress shouted at him. "What do you want?!" Willis growled. "Do you realize you're putting- OH SHIT!"

The young man pushed himself and Leonora down barely avoiding a massive strike by the Cyclops. Willis could barely feel the piece of the wooden club go against his skin as he made sure that he hugged Leonora to prevent her from taking any hits. "Do you have an idea sweet heart?!" The young man growled picking her up in and placing her in a bridal carry as the Cyclops roared chasing after him.

Willis could feel the ground tremble with each step as he tried to run faster.

• Dab
Leonora knew it was her time to shine.
The moment was more than perfect.
With this position with the cyclops closing on behind them, all she had to do was throw the sand a meter and a half in the air.

And so she did.
And he ran right into it, his weight and momentum, especially his reflexed, unable to act against the sand.
Thankfully, sand is coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

The Cyclops' eye teared upm, flaring up red and itching like hell, on top of it, he inhaled a fair chunk of it too.

»LET ME GO AND STAB THAT BASTARD, « Leonora growled at Willis.

• Haha
Willis saw the beast stagger its eye blood red, dropping its club in order to rub its eye. Gently placing Lenora down, Willis grabbed his sword and sliced the coughing Cyclops across its Achilles Tendon hearing a snap while sank his blade into its flesh forcing the green monster to its knee.

“cyclops usually have an over sensitive eye!” Willis smiled at Leonora. “Great work!”

• Dab
» I'm not blind, but he is not,« grunted out Leonora as she readied her dress once she was set down.
»Finish him off!!« She growled, waving her arms like a mockery.

• Smug
"As you wish sweetheart," Willis rolled his eyes giving Leonora a mock bow as he ran towards the kneeling Cyclops and attempted to slice its throat. The green beast however managed to stand up though he was still struggling a bit in the process. The Cyclops began to stomp onto the ground causing the ground to shake a bit, It didn't deter Willis though as he thrusted the blade into the beast's ankle causing it to roar in pain.

• Haha
The young man quickly climbed up to the Cyclops attempting to stab its eye. If there was one thing that Willis knew about a Cyclops is that any significant damage to their only eye usually results in the Cyclops' immediate death. The Cyclops was probably aware of this too as it immediately rose up trying to get Willis off of him. "Fuck," he muttered maneuvering towards the beast's back. The Cyclops roared attempting to reach at Willis while at the same time running around like an drunken Orc.

• Smug
Oh no he won't, Leonora pried a piece of rock from the Arena wall before running off towards the Cyclops again, with all her might she tossed the rock, aiming for the head...or at least the torso, which was a reasonably larger target.

• Nervous
As Willis began to climb up the Cyclops shoulder only to be greeted by a small rock. Willis gave a cry as the rock ricochet off of his forehead causing as he immediately began feeling a bit dizzy. “Leonora!” Willis shouted irratatingly rubbing his bleeding head. “Wrong target!”