Letters Tales of a Sailor

Roleplay dedicated to correspondence type roleplays such as letters.

CountofCristo

Jack smiles as he sits at his small kitchen table, he decided to write the most important things he has learned as a sailor, among some good stories, the first thing he writes is the first ship he worked on.

It was May 12th, 336

I set sail that day, Captain Murgan allowed me too join his vessel "The Dancing Lady" as a favour too my father. He said that if I turned out to be half the sailor he was, I'd be worth my young age. The ship was massive, I went and saw her the day earlier, she was a large galleon with a few mages too defend her with magic. She had around 50 men. Captain Murgan was sailing her too Elbion, where we were selling food and buying books. Father said I should be glad we're selling food, because we would never run out of food on the voyage. Isla, my lady at the time, we ended up breaking up when I found out she cheated while I was at sea, she had said that she'd miss me, and gave me a silver locket, so that'd I would remember her, I said I would never forget her and that I'd only be gone for a few months. Mother and Mary cried at my send off, and father seemed close to tears.

Jack smiled as he sat at his table, and he wrote a favourite sailor shanty of his.

Oh, the dancing lad, the dancing lad, the dancing lad,
He dances with pride, as he moves from side to side,
You can see the joy in his stride, as gayful as his smile is wide,

He looks at the buxom maidens, he jives as he vies for their attention,
The man on the flute is as red as a particular fruit, but he plays his song, on and on,

You'd think he was mad and crazy, as his arms flew all wavy,
He cries and cheers as the end of the night nears,

Oh the dancing lad, the dancing lad, the dancing lad, oh how he made us glad!