Fable - Ask Starfall

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Radrick

The Enchanter
Character Biography
Link
Amol-Kalit, the land of ten thousand kings, and the newest of them was Gerra and his illustrious empire. Radrick hadn't traveled that way in at least half a century. The relative, but no doubt temporary "peace" and "stability" that the Empire had brought to the land gave him fewer reasons to pay the region a visit. That is, until recently. News had reached him all the way in Alliria of a star that had fallen somewhere in Amol-Kalit, somewhere beyond even the Empire's immediate reach.

How could he pass on the opportunity to find and claim such rare metal for himself? He could already imagine the weapon that could be forged from it. All he had to do was find it before the Empire deigned to try and claim it for themselves.

Radrick stepped through the gates of Ragash, stopping to admire the domed towers. Sometimes he could forget how beautiful Amol-Kalit could be. Even in the midst of the chaos that constantly engulfed the region. He lowered his gaze down to the street ahead and sauntered forward. He couldn't tarry, not if he's going to find the fallen star before Gerra's minions or other travelers.

Fritz Erlain

Amol-Kalit, the land of ten thousand kings, and the newest of them was Gerra and his illustrious empire. Radrick hadn't traveled that way in at least half a century. The relative, but no doubt temporary "peace" and "stability" that the Empire had brought to the land gave him fewer reasons to pay the region a visit. That is, until recently. News had reached him all the way in Alliria of a star that had fallen somewhere in Amol-Kalit, somewhere beyond even the Empire's immediate reach.

How could he pass on the opportunity to find and claim such rare metal for himself? He could already imagine the weapon that could be forged from it. All he had to do was find it before the Empire deigned to try and claim it for themselves.

Radrick stepped through the gates of Ragash, stopping to admire the domed towers. Sometimes he could forget how beautiful Amol-Kalit could be. Even in the midst of the chaos that constantly engulfed the region. He lowered his gaze down to the street ahead and sauntered forward. He couldn't tarry, not if he's going to find the fallen star before Gerra's minions or other travelers.

Fritz Erlain

Ever since starting this adventure, nothing has really happened. Fritz thought, sighing softly. He got away from the blacksmith shop almost a month or two ago, and going was slow. He was in a sandy region he did not recognize since about a few days ago and was running low on water.

Like a miracle, a town appeared ahead. Upon entry, he noticed two things: A suspicious person holding out a paper in a darkened alley yet clearly visible, as if trying deliberately to attract attention, and a quest board.

I'm going to visit both. What's the harm? He thought, walking over to the board. A request was put out to eliminate some bandits, but that was small time. He needed some extra money for supplies. He overheard a civilian talking about how the board usually full with medium rank quests, but adventurers had as of late been coming in and solving them all.

He decided to check with the guy in the alley, or maybe woman. The cloak hid their features too much to tell. "Hello? I saw you were holding a paper. Hmm, It's a quest. A bit of meteor? Wow, that metal is very rare. I'll get to make something nice and get paid well."

He then noticed the guy's features were twisted and burned, his lips stitched together. "OWwwwww, that hurts." He said, flinching at the man. "Why did someone do this to you?"

The man started writing. Revenge. Revenge Revenge REVENGE. NOW I WILL TAKE REVENGE. I give you this quest so you can screw over the Empire for me. I am a former imperial spy banished for no reason. At least, that's what I think. They may have memory wiped me with magic.

"Alright then!" Fritz exclaimed. "I won't let the people who would do this to you win. Oh, and also this helps me out. He said, grabbing the paper with a "Thanks!"

"Alright, so about this quest. It looks like deep desert, so I must prepare accordingly." he said. It had been a good day.

Last edited:
Radrick stole a glance at the quest board as he passed. Not at all surprised when he saw so few requests there. A couple of his old friends kept him informed about the goings-on of Amol-Kalit. He shook his head and started to look back ahead, but stopped when he saw a young man wander into a dark alley at the behest of a stranger.

A, very poor decision, to say the least, especially in Amol-Kalit. He sighed and shook his head. He turned and walked over to the alley himself, expecting to come upon (and promptly thwart) a mugging. Instead, he caught part of a rather interesting conversation. Though it appeared only one of the two could actually speak.

"The meteor, heh, not surprised that someone else is interested. I doubt imperials would be meeting in the alleyway,” Radrick thought. If so, maybe there wasn’t a need for the two of them to be competitors. He waited for the boy to reemerge from the alleyway, chuckling when he did. “Seeking out the meteor, eh? You’re a bit young to be going on a quest in Amol-Kalit. It’s a dangerous place.”

Fritz Erlain

Radrick stole a glance at the quest board as he passed. Not at all surprised when he saw so few requests there. A couple of his old friends kept him informed about the goings-on of Amol-Kalit. He shook his head and started to look back ahead, but stopped when he saw a young man wander into a dark alley at the behest of a stranger.

A, very poor decision, to say the least, especially in Amol-Kalit. He sighed and shook his head. He turned and walked over to the alley himself, expecting to come upon (and promptly thwart) a mugging. Instead, he caught part of a rather interesting conversation. Though it appeared only one of the two could actually speak.

"The meteor, heh, not surprised that someone else is interested. I doubt imperials would be meeting in the alleyway,” Radrick thought. If so, maybe there wasn’t a need for the two of them to be competitors. He waited for the boy to reemerge from the alleyway, chuckling when he did. “Seeking out the meteor, eh? You’re a bit young to be going on a quest in Amol-Kalit. It’s a dangerous place.”

Fritz Erlain
"Wah! Don't sneak up on me, whoever you are. How do you know about the meteor? I was told about it from that disfigured Imperial over there. I took this for him, and also for the ridiculously powerful weapon those materials can create. Are you friend to the Empire or foe? If the former, I'm afraid our good correspondence ends here."

"I need to buy food and water though, so state your case as we walk along, alright?"

(Sorry will make next post longer)

Radrick chuckled at the boy's startled outburst. He sauntered after him, easily keeping up due to his longer stride. "It's hard to hide a meteor falling from the sky. Words gotten around, just not anything about its exact whereabouts." He smirked and shook his head at the question. "I'm no friend of the Empire. I'm here to harvest the metal myself, make a weapon worthy of a hero from it."

Fritz Erlain

Radrick chuckled at the boy's startled outburst. He sauntered after him, easily keeping up due to his longer stride. "It's hard to hide a meteor falling from the sky. Words gotten around, just not anything about its exact whereabouts." He smirked and shook his head at the question. "I'm no friend of the Empire. I'm here to harvest the metal myself, make a weapon worthy of a hero from it."

Fritz Erlain
"I suppose then, because our goals are not mutually exclusive in the slightest, we should join up to form a team. Strength in numbers, and all. Oh, and my name is Fritz, in case you were wondering. I would usually use a different name, but you seem trustworthy enough. Not the type of guy to lead a teenage, newb adventurer out into the desert to ransack him." He then scowled at himself and said "Wow, that's my standard for trust now? That's it? someone who won't club me over the head I just tell my nickname slash real name? This business must have really mellowed me out or maybe this is just what people do. I don't know though. He's a dragon...thing, and has this big arsenal. Hmm, I have magic but he probably does too. WHY is this so difficult?"

He turned around and realized he had said all of that aloud. "I'm very sorry If I offended you, sir. I'm going to go jump off a one story house now."

Radrick didn't break pace all throughout the boy's ramble. A slight smirk on his face as he did. He chuckled. "It's a pleasure to meet you Fritz, my name is Radrick, sometimes called 'the Enchanter.' Oh, and the word you're looking for is 'draconian.'" He laughed.

He lowered his voice so that no one would overhear. "Friendly piece of advice, you might want to watch what you to who around here. Empires are generally known for keeping an eye on the public."

Fritz Erlain

"Really? Who are they gonna send to stop us? The Empress? Nah, I met her once. She's really nice. The Emperor doesn't really have time for something like this, oh and you are a fucking dragon, and I know magic and swordplay. I believe that the desert is our biggest problem, most likely." he laughed, sort of yawning at the same time. He had gotten in to this strange town rather early.

"Now, let's go get supplies and cease worrying, if we can."

"It's not the Emperor or Empress I'm worried about." Radrick chuckled. "The Empire has many other agents, I doubt they'll pursue us, but they might not like us taking something they could use for themselves."

"Draconian, not dragon, there's a difference. But yes. we should stock up on supplies."

Fritz Erlain