LFG Something Spooky?

Silence Conspiracy

OOC account
Hey guys! It’s me, the lady that keeps starting new rps even though I cry about all the replies I have to do all the time.

So last night, I was trying to sleep but instead I got this idea. Before I do it, I just want to see if anyone would be interested in it or if there are maybe some suggestions. As a lot of you may already know, I really like my creepy plots. Something unsettling, something that can be great fuel for character development, or something that’s just fun to describe! I’m quite a fan of Halloween and spooky season in general, and since October is coming up, I was thinking, well, why not make a little (or big!) group thread about a village (probably somewhere in the spine because you know, that’s a prime spot for scary stuff imo) that has become afflicted by a series of maladies. But I also came up with two other ideas that might be interesting as well.

In the style of fun RL Stein goosebumps books! You know the ones, where you get to make a choice and you flip to the page to discover your fate. I enjoyed them as a kid, and I thought, why not try it out on a forum? I have a couple of ideas on how to go about this.

1. I was thinking of making a village map and characters could choose to go explore a spot (by themselves or with others) and trigger an event there. I would pre-write a very basic idea of what the character would witness, but solving it— or just walking away— would be up to you :) the idea is that by helping the villages fix these strange maladies, and depending on if the entire group succeeds for the most part, they could have a epic lil boss fight or something cool at the end! I’d have to figure out specifics exactly.

2. I also thought a haunted mansion would be super fun, if the village idea is too broad or not exciting enough, and I’d make a little game board for everyone to traverse. For those who participated in my Punishment Game, it’d be similar to that. This would probably be more funny-spooky than scary-spooky as I would be taking a lot of inspo from Nightmare Before Christmas, scary stories to tell in the dark, et cetera.

3. A terrifying dream that has caused participants to go into a coma but that’s really just one big nightmare. This would be more of a hack and slash sort of thread. Monsters would be creepy and terrifying but with each foe slain, characters would get closer and closer to the dark ominous tower that seems to be fueling the nightmare world. I do have a good story that would go with this as well! Lots of pictures to go with a creepy vibe!

If anyone is interested, please let me know. Any questions or suggestions would be much appreciated— and I’d like to see if one idea sounds better than the other or if they’re all neat, yanno, just some feedback would be nice :) I’d really like this to be accessible for everyone as well, and if I do get a lot of people who want to participate I wouldn’t mind doing two or all three of these ideas for everyone to have fun with.

Anyways, thanks for reading my ramblings!

Dropping this in here, since things get lost in Discord. I'm interested. I've never done an event so far. I like all three options, so whichever one ends up being it, I'm cool.

• Wonder
Reactions: Silence Conspiracy
It’s not an event! Earlier this year I tried doing a game board thread and it turned into a lot of fun for everyone to read and write— I figured this time it would be fun to try it again but with a twist! And i love my Halloween time c:

I got a fourth idea! This is obviously inspired by Luigi’s Mansion 3, Rusty Lake, and The Shining AND Darkest Dungeon but…

4. Haunted hotel, each week participants will explore a level of a hotel, different rooms will have different surprises and to continue to the next floor a key will need to be found— either by completeing a quest for a ghost child who needs help with algebra, maybe exorcising a spirit, giving a vampire a new haircut, or just finding a key by exploring. (I do see some issues with this one, but I do think it would be so much fun as well with a small group. I could definitely make it scary/unsettling or make it spoopy-fun which I think has the most appeal to me.)

• Wonder
Reactions: Blackbeltkitten
I think on monday I may put up a poll? That way i can focus on the set up for the one people are most interested in. I know weekends are slower for chronicles and this weekend im a bit busy as well (unfortunately bwahaha)

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Empyrean