Some Ideas

Cynisca

I will keep this as a running thread of my cravings and update as I go.

Just a bit about me- I typically only play female characters, though if I need to play another character (brother, boss, ect) for the sake of the story I will. I enjoy romance, possibly some intimacy, but it's more about the quality of the story for me, so if it just isn't a natural fit I won't go out of my way to make it work. I like to keep my posts around 700 words depending on the flow of the story, but a few smaller posts when there is quicker banter between characters doesn't bother me.

IDEAS

The world is on the brink of possible extinction, but no one yet knows it. Taking place in ancient Greece, a war never taught in the history books is being fought, and others are watching. A race of powerful aliens had concerns with humanity's tendencies, and have sent an emissary to spy. His task (your character) is to determine if the human species deserves to continue. Unfortunately, he arrives during an incredibly dark time in humanity's history, and swiftly sends word to destroy them. Once the word has been sent, he meets my character and begins to see the good to humanity.

Semi/demi-Gods exist. My character will be one. Her father was Ares, and her mother a daughter of Philophrosyne (basically embodies kindness, fairness, ect. Not a goddess, more of a concept that can take human form). Her conflicting nature has lead her to defy the traditional, horrid treatment of Greek women and she has become a strong general in the war when she meets the alien. This will be a love story but that won't be the main focus. As she helps him see the good in humans, he eventually reveals himself to her and they will have to face the invading alien race with the help of her army and demi-gods.

My character, a member of the Fae species, has woken up in a large and lavish chamber, with no memory of how she got there. A modern and fierce woman, she hid from the magical world despite her immense strength. We can determine whatever reasons your character has taken mine and locked her away. There are threats to the magical world; a darker/evil side, so your character could either be using her as protection for himself, maybe his people if you decide he should be royal or from a family of leaders, or perhaps he is an evil being looking to sacrifice her and they somehow overcome the evil in him. Either way, he is not prepared for a modern woman in the ancient magical world he is from.

This is a spinoff of the Carpathian/Dark Series by Christine Feehan. I'll post a bit about the world below so reading the series won't be necessary.

The main story will be around a female psychic (my character) who was captured by an organization that searches for female psychics in an effort to find lifemates for vampires. The organization believes it is run by humans, however, they are simply puppets to the vampires controlling the organization. Women taken by this organization can undergo torture to understand their abilities, and as a result of the evil nature of vampires. My character has escaped this organization with the help of a female friend who was also captured by them, and now lives on the run and works to destroy the organization. My character's abilities include strong telepathy and mental blocking. The story will follow her fleeing her lifemate for several years (we will do time jumps) before he is able to help her understand his world and they will in turn work to destroy the organization. While my character was captured, she underwent a blood testing that revealed to the vampires she was a bit of every race, never before seen. This was never communicated to her, so your character would eventually learn that when sunlight never impacts her and slowly the impact becomes less on him after blood exchanges.

Key things to know:

- Carpathians: Think vampires, but good. They are vampires with souls, so they have all the abilities. They can shapeshift, are immune to aging/illness, allergic to the sun, control/speak to animals, etc. Male Carpathians stop seeing in color after the age of 50 and begin to lose all emotion. They live this way until they find their lifemate, who is literally the other half of their soul. Male Carpathians are ancient, and just beginning to learn modern ways. Some can succumb to the darkness and turn into vampires. One of the most ancient bloodlines is the Dragonseeker who are the only ones who have the ability to shift into a dragon form. My character will have some of this blood.
Carpathian subcategory: the Carpathians have warriors and healers for the men. Rather self-explanatory but one thing worth mentioning is that when the Carpathians heal, they leave their body and enter the wounded as light, healing from the inside out. Salvia and soil are also healing.

- Lifemates: Carpathian souls are split in half when a Carpathian is born. Their form of marriage is a ritual that includes binding words and three blood exchanges. This ritual brings the light and emotion back to the males and prevents them from becoming vampires

- Vampires: turned Carpathians, usually decaying, evil, and not of sound mind but incredibly clever. There are basic vampires and master vampires. They can also create ghouls by trying to turn ordinary humans effectively turning them into slaves. They can also turn humans into puppets- similar to ghouls but temporary.

- Misc: Carpathians females can be born or turned so long as their lifemate converts them. There are lycans, a race of Jaguar (nonhumans who can shapeshift into Jaguar), and mages. The high mage Xavier cursed the Carpathian soul so the Carpathians would struggle with infertility, but that won't be too prevalent. The Carpathians are ruled by a prince, but also not super relevant. Humans don't know about vampires/Carpathians.

There is a lot here, but I can definitely help learn the world as we go too!

Please check out the rules for this website, as neither RPing Ancient Greece nor doing a spin off of an author’s book comply with the rules. Thanks!

The middle one would probably be fine since fae and magic are both pretty prominent in this world. The only problem would be that the "magical world" isn't really separate from the rest of the world, but I imagine a lot of people would probably be happy to kidnap a fae to use her for her magical abilities.

Arethil is a single, middle-fantasy setting. RPs that take place outside of this setting are not allowed on this site.

Please read the rules and board description threads and I encourage you to browse through the wiki to get a better idea of the site.

You may be able to adapt some ideas, as there is a large group of Fae writers on this site

• Yay
Reactions: Urchin