Private Tales Skipping Class

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Lachlan Irwin

crikey
Character Biography
Link
There didn't seem to be much going on these days. He'd been kept busy with missions and plenty of class and training, but once he had to rinse and repeat the same routine, nothing to break it up from time to time, it made Lachlan restless.

Etiquette class loomed later this afternoon, and the thought of ending his day learning to waltz was hardly appetising. Natasha wasn't in his class, attending the other one that fell on his free afternoon, and Lachlan wasn't too keen on many females in his class to want to spend so much time with learning to dance together.

Or rather, not many girls were a fan of Lachlan after he got what he wanted from them.

Even as he now went through the day, now lining up outside the class he dreaded, Lachlan stepped aside and looked up and down the line. "Fuck it. I'm ditching this class, anyone care to join?"

"Yuuup!"
Thraah tossed up her hands and headed for the door.
"Bye bye bozo's!"
She declared loudly.
Thraah had no respect for Perrine Urahil and even though she enjoyed teaming up with Ivan to make the Proctor's life difficult that could only happen if said Proctor was around.
She knew little about Lachlan other than he probably gave half his years girls the clap.
Catching his eye she gave him a wink.
"Let's go Lackey."

• Dab
Reactions: Lachlan Irwin
Lachlan wasn't choosy on his company at that moment, and Thraah had been a constant source of entertainment in these etiquette classes. They had exchanged amused comments, had failed assignments in the same group while others succeeded. The lessons only reminded him of his grandmother instilling manners into him, but he wasn't going to behave when they had a Proctor looking like that.

"Alright. Thraaaah." He gave his classmates a two-finger salute from his brow, walking backwards and catching Thraah's wink which made him smile. "Lackey sure makes me sound like I am following you when this was my idea first, Firebutt."

It wasn't the strongest nickname, but the blond boy had a name like Thraah to make sense of when she had all the inspiration that came with his own name. "Alright. I confess. I have no bloody idea what the fuck my plan was here..." He had merely felt dramatic in the moment and it felt good to be able to walk away from class.

"Fuck, shit, fuck." He pushed Thraah through a door, squishing in beside her before Perrine Urahil turned the corner. She didn't notice, lost in her own world.

"You know what... now I feel like participating in etiquette class."

Thraah

"Hey, buy me dinner first."
Lackey was pretty quick on the draw but as soon as his real motivations came clear Thraah frowned.
"Okay, you can go back and make good goo eyes at her but I'm leaving. I already had a running with one Urahil today. I'm about good on that count."
The room she had been pushed into was an older classroom. High stacked rows of seats around a circular theatre for the lecturer. They had three levels and the highest held another exit.
She pulled Lackey by the scruff. Part to get his attention and part to revenge herself on being shoved into the lecture room.
"Hey, are you listening penis brain?"

@Lachlan Irwan

• Derp
"OI!"

He fought the smaller Initiate off, fixing his shirt while giving Thraah a light scowl. "You could have stretched the collar." He huffed, following her.

"But, come on, you have to admit Proc is very pretty, and a lot nicer to look at than the other Urahils." And that was all he would ever do, just look. Lachie already had his pick of the girls here, some of them weren't receptive to his charming good looks and preferred to stare longingly at Ivan Skender than the boy from Vel Odren.

One of them said they did not like his accent either.

"Righto, Fireball. Any ideas on what to do? I wanna keep busy... and being in class is not where I want to be right now."

Thraah

• Smug
Reactions: Ivan Skender
"Yeah! A charred horse butthole is more appealing than Leander, genius!"
Thraah did not understand finding any Urahil attractive.
"Come on. There's a door up here, let's just go. I don't know what we're doing, this was your idea."
She began up the step and did not hide her frustrations. Maybe enduring Proctor Urahil was the lesser evil.
Nah, she just wanted out of the lecture hall that smelled like old nerds.
When she got to the door she opened it out and after a short hallway it led straight out into the glorious sunlight.
"This way Lackey!"

Lachlan Irwin

Thraah had a unique mind of imagination, but he shrugged and followed after her. Even after that luminary vision of Leander...

Lachlan took the lead, deciding to allow himself some autonomy as, as she had pointed out, this was entirely his idea. "Righto...." He sighed, meandering a little before doing a whistle to Thraah to follow him. "Let's go past the kitchen, see if we can score something decent to eat."

He wasn't starving or anything, but he wouldn't turn down another meal.

Thraah

Thraah was not going to say no to a good idea and raiding the kitchens was always a good idea as far as she was concerned.
"Sounds good."
She led the way through the grounds, keeping low profiles as they went, not skulking but keeping to the alleys and walls.
"So eh, what's your "thing"?"
She asked, leaning forward to look at him as they approached the side door to the kitchens.

Lachlan Irwin

Lachlan looked down at Thraah with an amused expression. "My thing?" He chuckled, opening the door and offering the other to step in before him. "As in my magic? Deadly stingers. Can make a grown man cry and then some."

The kitchen was warm, thank Kress for that, but more importantly, they had begun preparing for dinner that night. It smelled great, but that was no testament to the quality of taste. So, Lachlan was wary.

"Alright, Gary?" He called out to one of the cooks, who turned to see Lachlan after placing something into the oven.

"Thought you would come by later for your sandwiches." Gary shrugged and waved the Initiates to follow him towards the back. It was quieter, less people at work. "This giant likes mustard and ham on his sandwiches, but what do you like, Initiate?" He asked, cutting up some slices from a loaf of bread that still had some steam wafting over it. Lachlan's usual order was something he came to collect after training once classes finished up. By the time dinner came round, he'd be hungry again either way.

Thraah

"Pickles, chicken and goats cheese! Yes please mate!"
Thraah's answer was delivered like a volley of expectant arrows at the man named Gary.Free food was free food and eating enough was encouraged.
"Stingers? Like you have a bees bum or something?"
She leaned over to look behind him and check his ass for any signs of bee-ness.

Lachlan Irwin

Lachlan scoffed, shaking his head.

He brought up his hand, palm facing downwards. Translucent wisps poured down from his hand, but Lachlan kept them short. They had a shimmer to them. Lachlan withdrew them. "Imagine the worst pain, living with it over an hour. Proctor Urahil healed the Initiate that was stupid enough to touch them during a demonstration in one of my training classes. Idiots, I swear, the younger class..." He sighed.

Gary handed him the four sandwiches, wrapped in nice brown paper. He then started on two sandwiches for Thraah, going to collect the requested fillings she had asked for.

Thraah

• Frog Sip
Reactions: Thraah
Thraah did not divulge that she was curious nor that she felt she could handle the power of these stingers no problem.
Lackey did not seem the kind to entertain her.
"Yeah the new kids are kinda green but shit, nobody is born a D-Lord. heh, D-lord."
Her eyes fell to the four sandwiches Lackey held.
"You skip breakfast or something? That's a lot of chow."

Lachlan Irwin

• Smug
"In fact, Thraah, I am a constant state of hungry." Lachlan nodded to Gary, who now presented Thraah with her sandwiches.

"Thanks mate. See you tomorrow." And the Vel Odren boy smiled at the cook, who only slapped him on the shoulder, hard. But Lackie could take it.

"Alright, come on." He nodded back out the door, and in long strides, began to lead them both towards the wooded area behind the Academy. They were told it was out of bounds during class time, but honestly, no one really got in trouble being out here. A lot was weighing on his mind as of late, and he was more than ready to lay it on whichever Proctor came past to berate them.

Once at their destination, Lachlan found a good spot to sit, soaking in some early spring sun rays. "Fuck that feels good after the winter we had." He leaned against the tree, closing his eyes and opening up the packed sandwiches to bite into the first. "Your turn. What's your thing, or is the fire really all there is to you?"

Thraah

• Smug
"Oh I'm a god!"
Thraah bit into the sandwich, it was so good it got another bite.
"Yep. I can fly, damn this is good, I control animals and the weather. I'm basically Kress on Arethil."
She smiled at Lackey, her mouth full of bits, entertained by her own whimsy.
"But don't tell anyone, it's a huuuuuge secret!"
Thraah let out a chuckle.
It was nice to have sandwiches under the shade than learning about stuffy dances.
Maseno wasn't even there.

Lachlan Irwin

• Derp
"You are full of shit." Lachlan chuckled. Hell, what if there had been a chance she indeed could do all of that? He would still doubt her word.

"Alright then... new question. Graduation. A year away, it's so close... You ready to leave this hellhole?" He lifted a brow at Thraah, taking a rather large bite of his second sandwich and began to chew slowly. He was to go away on a mission soon, with Ivan, transferring prisoners on a ship. To be back by the water thrilled him, but all the same filled him with homesickness for Vel Odren.

Thraah

"FUCK YES!"
Thraah spat bits of food from her mouth as she spoke.
"I am so ready to walk away from this shitheap!"
It was no secret the contempt she held for the Academy at large and her dislike of the nobility had earned her no lack of rivals and enemies among the students.
"What about you? Ready to "embrace your destiny" as a D-lord?"
Thraah had quoted one of the less popular Proctors, the one in the hood that she avoided heavily.

Lachlan Irwin

• Smug
Lachlan made a face. "They really don't make the life of a Dreadlord all that intriguing after the Revolution. I don't know, I think being wooed and charmed by a Great House trying to recruit you would sweeten the deal... but, alas. We simply have to serve with the Guard now." He shrugged, taking another bite. He chewed and stewed on the thought.

"I guess I will be destined for it anyway. Even if I go into the reserves, they would probably assign me to maritime adventures." He was to soon go on one, as if him being from Vel Odren was a born advantage being on a ship or boat.

"You ready to be a Dreadie?" He gestured his almost finished second sandwich at Thraah

Thraah thought about it for a bit, swallowing before speaking.
"I don't like boats, they're stinky and rock about too much. Also, yaknow, fire magic. Not a good mix with wooden boats."
Thraah did not have a single good memory of being on a boat, they were always means of passage to shit situations.
"I'm ready to get paid like one. I hear the cash is great. Not thrilled about the idea of joining house families though."
Idly she glanced at her sandwich.

Lachlan Irwin

Thraah had a point, that the sea held such a smell that fared better than the boats housing many others. Bathing was no real luxury there either, but Lachlan knew how to keep himself clean with just the sea. It was a pity some people didn't think like him.

"Well, good thing the Revolution happened and you don't need to serve a Great House. You're lumped in with the Guard, but at least we still get to call ourselves Dreadlords." Lachlan scoffed, finishing his second sadnwich.

"I want to one day see some sea serpents. See if there is any truth to the legends, you know? Fucking amazing that would be."

Thraah

• Smug
"Yeah, I mean... I'm not the biggest fan of Booter's either really."
She used the slang term for guards and could not keep the destain from it.
"The only arrive in the Knives when something bad is about to happen."
The revolution brought them in droves and she had spent a lot of time hiding with her Momni and sisters.
"Ah, now you're talking. I hear there's things off the coast of Malakath that can swallow a whole fleet in a single gulp."
Theatrically she jammed the rest of her sandwich into her mouth and made her arms into a faux jaw like a crocodiles snapping at Lachey's face as she growled through the bread.

Lachlan Irwin

• Devil
Lachlan's blond brows lifted in agreement, nodding to Thraah's contribution of things to see.

"Yes!" He agreed, laughing. "Fucking hells... imagine that? Traversing that continent and seeing the fucked creatures they have. I want to see the Anirian land we have claimed off the Malakath coast... maybe one day I can put my hand up for that." He mused.

The Initiate shuffled in his seat, angling his head to stare at the leaves coming in, plenty of sun peeking through and give off a slight warmth. The future was exciting, but only if one was lucky to get the freedom they want without being branded an exile.

Thraah

• Dab
"I know."
Thraah said, lifting the sandwich from her mouth and flopping back on the grass. The bright day shined through the leaves above them and somewhere a bird called out.
"There's so fucking much out there and we're stuck HERE. Dealing with what? Some old fart goes missing or randomly getting whole classes on dancing. DANCING?"
for a second, Thraah was perfectly still before she threw a flailing kicking tantrum that lasted exactly one second.
She was still again afterwards.
"I'm going to fucking burst if something doesn't happen soon."

Lachlan Irwin

• Dab
"Hey! I actually enjoy the dance classes. Didn't attend that last dance because I didn't want to embarrass myself by not knowing how to dance. Was gonna ask Quinnick until I heard that she is grew up dancing. Forgot she was noble." That was on him. He assumed she wasn't privileged, made a vulgar statement in hopes it'd get her in bed with him, but was humbled with her withering stare.

"The dancing... it's a gentle thing really. Don't you agree? How lovely it'd be to dance with someone you fancy and not fuck it up?" At least, that was the milder way to say it added to his charms if a girl learned he was a strong lead on the dance floor.

"Actually... speaking of dancing and Quinnick... you ever watched her fight?" They were assigned the same combat training sessions, and Lachlan still watched her even though he knew she was a no-go approach in the future. "She fights differently to a lot of us. Especially those that have been here a while..." And Lachlan knew her dance training and discipline gave her an added edge.

Thraah

"Ugh!"
Thraah leveraged herself with her feet and sat up.
"Liv, I'm not even sure she CAN fight."
Of course Liv could fight, Thraah just hadn't seen it up close but she was not about to give her rival kudo's.
But the truth was Lachy's words
reminded her of Maseno and a short but important dance under a tree by the old cathedral.
"Do you wanna get with her or something?"
Everyone knew Lachy to be a total skirt chaser but Liv?
"You know she's got a boyfriend right?"

Lachlan Irwin