Open Chronicles Shattered Retreat

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Korak took the flask and lowered it to his face for a whiff. "Errr, I'll pass. The harder stuff doesn't sit well, particularly this early in the morning. Another time perhaps. Maybe after some ales or meads of good flavor to dull my tongue first. But you're looking for newbloods. I know a few places. But unless you're looking for a bunch of Orcs, not that there's anything wrong with them, but there's only one place in town with enough fresh faces of a non-raging variety, and that'd be Fal-Arrek's amateur fighting ring. It's in the underbelly. The bar's okay, but it's pretty much the only place to take in unblooded fighters, and non-Orcs at that. Might suggest showing in force though. Not the best place."

Aless sighed as the cold receded, an ache of remorse in her chest. She hated how easily that mentality returned as soon as it was triggered. Her old self was just under the surface, lurking and waiting for some opportunity to take over. For all her hopes of redemption, it pulled her back into a loving embrace so easily.

Would she ever be rid of it?

You’re a farmer, she told herself, trying to cling to her new life despite what she’d just done.

“Korak is correct,” she said, shaking out her hands. Her knuckles were bloody and split in places from impact. “That is probably the best place to find what you’re looking for. Persuading them to join up might be a challenge unless you’ve got coin enough to tempt them. It is not an ideal promise, but it is a foot in the door, as it were.”