Fate - First Reply Sex, Death, and Love

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join
"Yes," she replied simply. "I can not sleep at night for reminding myself,"

Her dead never left her, whether it was those she cared about or those she had killed, and they always reminded her of her purpose.

She tilted her head as he asked another question. "I did not kill her out of revenge. I did not kill anyone here out of revenge. My purpose is bigger than this town, this night."

She was quiet for a moment, considering the dark man before her. Her tea was still untouched. "What drives you? Am I right in assuming religion?" She said finally, bringing back her question from before. She was very nearly certain she knew the question to her answer, but she was interested to hear what he would say. He seemed a very intense, passionate man.

Love

"My purpose is bigger than this town, this night."

She teased him, dangling that purpose in front of his face while not telling him what it was. Of course, Love did not expect her to be so loose with her information. The fascination he held in the woman was not mutual, and she had no reason to bequeath unto him all of her motivations.

Her motivation was revenge, yet she'd killed not for revenge.

~~Deliciously contradictory.~~
Love heard the trilling voice of the Spider that crawled along his shoulders, his voice as soft as silk as the shadowkin arachnid regarded Serryn with his many eyes. Oh, and the spider so rarely spoke, his tones meant only for Love's ears. Even that eight-legged killer found her to be so interesting.

"So mysterious... but a life is a life. Why kill if not for your passion? For your drive?" Love smiled, almost contentedly as he trailed a fingertip on the rim of his cup. She so effortlessly avoided the heart of his question, and then turned it around to face him instead. On any night but tonight, to answer what drives him would have been so simple. Now, the idea brought a smirk to his lips.

"It started as survival... I was forced to. Then, came religion." You did not join the Church by your own free will. You were sold into it, or born into it. Either way, it had been his life since childhood. Love felt the eight legs climbing up the back of his head, humming a silent tune through his skull as his Master spoke. "Tonight... I feel it changing. Something new stirring in my chest, and I love it so..."

Serryn

• Yay
Reactions: Serryn
Serryn watched Love as he spoke. He was certainly curious about her, and while she planned on giving no straight answers to any of his questions, she wondered why he was asking all of these questions.

She ignored his question as he spoke about himself. So he was religious. That would explain a bit- religious folk were driven almost entirely by their faith, so it was no wonder he couldn't understand why she killed, if not for revenge.

"I killed tonight for the same reason as you. Though I'm not religious, I still wanted to set them free from this hell hole." She finally answered his question, her voice softer as she gestured with her right hand to the shadows in the building around them.

It was not easy to read Love or tell much about him, but every question and curiosity Serryn had about him brought up two more questions and half as many answers.

Love

She claimed they shared a motive, that they'd both claimed lives for the same purpose. Was that true? Love found his brow furrowed as he rolled the idea over in his head again and again. It would be deceitful to pretend he'd had no ulterior motive in liberating this place of filth and sin, but he had wished to free the damned from this prison.

"I will not pretend to be so righteous. I was brought here tonight by a vision. One that came to me in my dreams." It seemed folly to so openly admit to slaughter by the whim of midnight dreams, but Love doubted that Serryn's opinion of him was going to shift much more than it already had. If she thought him mad, there was no point in changing that view. Instead, Love rose from his seat, trailing a long, pale finger across the table as he circled it. "It told me, Serryn, that my church is doomed to collapse. That the followers of Meness are destined to bring ruin to one another."

It wasn't exactly a groundbreaking revelation; tensions had been brewing amongst the Caliginous leadership for some time. While Love was not a part of said conflicts, he'd seen the cracks forming as clear as day. That he, a Priest of the Church, had been gone for so long without any who came to check on him was a testament to the disorganization and disarray they now faced.

"I was find somewhere new, somewhere that I could plant the seeds for our work to continue. That being the art of assassination, of course." Love pulled his finger from the table and rubbed the dust between his fingertips, lips curling. "This time, without the mistakes of the Caliginous, without the greed and bloodlust of their leadership. No... this time, I will lead the Order."

Serryn

• Popcorn
Reactions: Serryn
Of course. He had had a vision, that by killing everyone in this pit of sin, he could implement the ideals of his religion and take over his church. They were always connected- killing and power. Killing to gain power, to take it away from someone else.

Serryn would have laughed had there not been screams echoing faintly, inside and outside of her head. "Good for you," she replied, finally lifting her cup of tea to her lips. She could not exactly fault him for his motives; they all need them, to make it easier to live with themselves.

She racked her mind past the whispers, wondering if her contact had set her up or if there was indeed information she needed from this place or even from Love himself. Either way, she was glad she had killed her contact, especially if this was his idea of some kind of joke.

There was a chance, Love was connected; he was from a religious group of assassins, and motive enough was certainly there. She might as well let Love keep running his mouth, he was providing such lovely information and she saw no reason to stop him just yet.

Love