Completed Rock Bottom

She shrugged once at his statement of charity versus non-charity, perking a brow. "Perhaps not. But I didn't do it from the kindness of my heart. I did it because you deserve better than to fall apart that way. Terrible things happen, but if you let them tear you down, you dishonor the memory of those people who loved you."

Blue eyes stared down at him, and then she sighed softly, running a hand through her hair. "At least, that is what I believe. I loved my husband, Joshun. I cannot allow myself to falter. And nor should you. Seeking the Wine of Destiny... I do not believe in such a thing."

She paused again, lips twitching in a wry grin. "But risking all? Not in the least. This is another venture. What is business but risk? But no venture, no matter how simple in seeming should ever be alone. I feel responsible, and even that I cannot explain," she stated simply, arms crossing.

"I'm going. And if you can wait ten minutes, I shall venture with you."

Seredic

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Seredic
"That's actually the most kind thing someone has said to me," a smile formed behind Seredic's bushy beard. Ever since Sally and Bablo died, Seredic allowed the beard to grow, Halflings often had trouble growing beards which earned them the nickname: "Babyface" by some races but Seredic was one of the few who could grow out a full, thick beard. He actually grown fond of it over the years feeling that it added to his sardonic wine critic persona.

"You're a walking contradiction my dear," The Halfling chuckled leaning against the wall. "You say that you don't do things from the kindness of your heart, yet you give me motivation and willpower to encourage to get up and try again. You may have the voice a noble but the words of a soothsayer an interesting mesh your empathy shines behind your barbed tone."

Divina then mentioned her former husband Joshun which took the smile out from Seredic's face. "Love is the greatest emotion that a person has," Seredic said sighing deeply. Tears threatened to form in his eyes but he managed to fight them back. There was just no use in dwelling in the past and crying for what was lost, yet Seredic keeps doing it like a gambling addict going back to the inn to play a hand of cards despite promising never to do it again.

"How can you move on Divina?" Seredic said his tone hoarse and pensive. "I've lost my wife: Sally at childbirth and my son: Bablo was still born. Two of the most important of my life taken away in one fell swoop, all that's left for me is the Wine of Destiny. I was told that I was meant to make it."

The Halfling frowned. "And I will my dear even If I don't really believe in the legend. It may take us around the world, It may take months, years even to find the ingredients to create the Wine. I may die along the way Divina."

Seredic was wishing he was dead for the past few years, It was only through the dream that he staved off the thought of death. But even then, it loomed large over him like a dark cloud. "I don't know why you should feel responsible for me my dear. I'm just one Halfling out of many especially one that is considered to be crazy by my kin."

The Halfling nodded as Divina said to wait ten minutes and leaned against the traveling stick. "But you never answered my question my dear," he said. "What do you want?"

Divina Rosenstern

She gave him a cryptic glance when he asked her what she wanted; she wasn't quite sure herself. But she wasn't going to state that outright; instead, she gave him another glance, one dark brow lofted slightly.

"Isn't a woman allowed a bit of mystery?" she teased, then turned away.

Time to dress, and to prepare. There was a little bit of time yet.

Seredic

• Sip
"There's nothing more interesting than the female mind," Seredic thought while he mindlessly nodded at Divina's statement. "Women are like unsolved puzzles," The Halfling mused. "They're always missing a few critical pieces and you spend more time looking under every nook and cranny for them. It's quite the adventure really."

As Divina turned away, a smile formed in Seredic's lips as he reached for his cup of wine and took a sip. "My dear Divina," he said between gulps. "I always like a good mystery to solve every now and then it keeps my mind sharp like a Sword grinding against a whetstone."

As soon as she was gone, Seredic sat on the small chair trying to plan out what to do next. He needed to go back home to Fairbairn to restock on items: Food, water and all the necessary stuff needed for what appeared to be a longer adventure. The Halfling then sighed, home...... a warm, peaceful place where Seredic dedicated a portion of his life to. He never thought that he would pine for it as much as he did now. Seredic went on his journey without telling anyone slipping out in the darkness of night. Would the inhabitants notice? Would they even miss him?

"Probably not," Seredic muttered remembering his sardonic days. "I was an sanctimonious prick and I'm still am. I'm more worried about my competitors trying to raze my home and uncover the secrets of my wine."

He should've hired mercenaries to watch after his home while he was away. Seredic leaned against the seat closing his eyes the images of Porto and Annie appeared before him. "I should also visit my parents graves," he said to himself. "They left me with gifts before they..... died in that boating accident. I've haven't the heart to open them."

After finishing business in Fairbarin. it was off to the Bank of Alliria where he'll need to make another withdraw. He was the most prominent and reliable investors in the Bank and Seredic had a great relationship with the major bankers. It was time to call in a few favors.

Divina Rosenstern

She had packed, and prepared. Notes were sent, letters of business. She could attend on the road; it was a simple management to be done, this work, and though she preferred to manage it herself, she would attend for as much as she could manage.

She had prepared as much as she could, as lightly as she could. No maids, no servants. One guard. Her most trustworthy. Did Seredic expect her to remain unguarded? Enough gold to manage her life. Enough to survive. Water for defense. Food. Basic expenses and managements maintained.

She dressed simply once more, in a demure grey gown of soft weave, and a dark charcoal grey cloak.

She felt too old for bright colors or gaiety. When she approached Seredic once more, the deep hood was thrown over her head, her face nearly covered once more, as for the rest of her.

The less that knew of her vanishing from the Inner City, the better.

"Shall we depart?" she inquired lightly. Her horse was already prepared, as for her guard and personal arrangement. It all waited on the Halfling.

Seredic

• Popcorn
Seredic was finishing drinking the last of the Rosentern wine, part of him knew it was foolish to partake in drinking again when he had a massive hangover a day ago but the Halfling had to admit, this Wine was better than what he gave a review on. Perhaps Divina actually put effort in increasing the quality of the Wine. It had that golden tinge indicating it's age and the acidity was just good enough not to make Seredic feel like his stomach was about to explode.

When Divina arrived with her traveling clothes, Seredic placed the Wine bottle down as he adjusted his green cloak. "Simple yet with a flair eloquence my dear," The Halfling chuckled inspecting her attire. "Plain yet pretty, the cloak adds to the mystique but then again that's common trope within stories now is it?"

Seredic exited the bath place with Divina before stopping. "I must say," Seredic said turning to the young woman. "That I think it's best that the two of us go without anyone," It was a lot to ask of her especially since Divina for reasons only to herself was willing to put her life at risk to travel with Seredic to find an item that was most likely what the Book said: A myth, a legend. Hell Seredic himself was uncertain about where he was going.

"It's easier for us to stay incognito without drawing attention to ourselves," Seredic said. "You and I aren't exactly commoners and we might draw the wrong type of attention if we have say a bodyguard with us."

The Halfling sighed. "I'm sorry Divina," he said. "But the less people we have on our journey, the easier it is to travel. Besides I'm pretty sure that you can adequately defend yourself, being part of the Merchants means that there always daggers in the dark ready to strike or use a more subtle approach."

Hopefully Divina didn't mind, Seredic had to admit the weeks traveling to and back to Allria alone drove him half mad. As much as Seredic was against it, It would be nice to have a companion especially one with a barbed wit like Divina's.

Divina Rosenstern