Private Tales Recovery and a Revelation

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Smiling One

Heartbreaker and Life Taker
Banned
Character Biography
Link
As soon as Willis opened his eyes, the bright light caused him to recoil in pain. He felt a burning sensation to his eyes was he staring at the Sun? The young man kept his eyes shut to protect his vision. He gripped onto the covers and caressed the soft matress beneath, so he was on a bed huh? Willis attempted to move however when he lifted his arm, it sent shockwave of sharp painful spasms throughout his body causing him to cry out. Willis' voice came out hoarse and hollow, he can hear himself breathing. It sounded rugged and ragged as though someone shredded his Lungs and forced it back into his throat.

Trying to avoid more pain, Willis slowly reached towards arm attempting to feel something but all he felt was fresh scarring on his wrist. Horrified, Willis' heart started beat profusely. He tried to calm himself by leaning on to the soft pillow he was placed on. Where was he? And what happened? Racking his brains, Willis attempted remember the events that lead to him being bedridden. The last thing he remembered was the College being on fire and screaming everywhere. Willis remembered facing the man who caused so much chaos and destruction to the school, his old friend: Maho 'Jerik' Sparhawk.

Willis didn't want to do it, he didn't want to kill Maho. But to protect the friends he had, he drew his Cutlass along with the magical scrolls and threw everything he had against Maho. He pushed his former friend to the limit, but it wasn't enough and the last person he saw was his lover: Phillipa Ebonheart tending to him? Did Maho get her as well? Willis opened his eyes, blinking them frantically so he can quickly adjust to the light. Did they lose? Of course not Willis wouldn't be here if he didn't. So what happened?

"Philppa!" Willis eeked out her name. "Philippa! Are you okay?! Are safe?"

Kikwi sat on a chair next to the bed, reading one of the many books in the room. He hadn't really understood it at first, but after a couple of hours he started to get it. It was detailing some aspects of magical theory, and while he was not gifted nor versed in any sort of magic whatsoever, he found the subject very interesting.

He jumped at Willis' sudden outburst, dropping the book to the floor. "Willis!" he called out, "It's alright! It's me, Kikwi. Philippa isn't here but she will be back soon." He looked at the injured man from large, round eyes. The edges of his feathers had been singed by the attack, giving him a somewhat bedraggled appearance. His brick red robes had been darkened by soot and char, but overall he was in mercifully good shape, having been far enough away from Maho himself to avoid true harm.

He was relieved that Willis was awake, but winced in empathy at the man's apparent pain. "Here," he said, hopping down and scurrying to a low table, pouring out the contents of a clear glass bottle into a cup. He tipped the glistening liquid to Willis' mouth. "This will help with the pain."

Phillipa had returned from a meeting with the head of her department, which had dwindled to little more than a screaming match with the man. Devon, the esteemed and practiced healer that Phillipa trusted above most anyone else to handle delicate matters had seen to keeping an eye on Willis while she had attended to the matter.

The man having stepped out when she returned to hear Willis shouting from the hallway. Devon had set aside several concoctions for pain of any variety, little notes underneath the vials for severity and dosage before he had left to tend to others as the door was pushed in with a bit more force than needed.

"I am fine, unlike yourself." She called with calm in her tone, coming around the table with a smile to Kikwi. "Thank you for staying with him, Kikwi."

She didn't interrupt the current attempt to get Willis to drink, instead quietly watching. "How is your pain? Scale of, 'tis but a scratch, to I am dying."

Willis slowly turned and saw his Owl companion: Kikwi staring at him holding out a small drink for him. A small smirk formed around Willis' lips, the stubborn Owl ran towards the fight between Willis and Maho 'Jerik' Sparhawk. Kikwi gave him some summoning scrolls towards him but he was often in the way and Maho had no problem going after the Owl. The young man should be furious with Kikwi but he was greatful that he was here by his side.

"Thanks Kik," Willis reached out and guzzled the beverage, it had a peculiar taste to it. "Very tangy," Willis said. "What is it?"

Just then Phillipa Ebonheart arrived looking stunning as ever. Her look was neutral as usual, she wasn't one to lose control of her emotions even if her boyfriend was nearly killed by his ex-friend. "I would say that it's closer to If I fucking move then I'll fall to pieces," Willis gave a chuckle but it was hard to do so with his bruised chest.

"I'm glad you're here angelface," the young man smirked. "I was worried that Maho would harm you."

Kikwi gave a flurry of quick nods at Phillipa's thanks and took the glass from Willis. "It's Clearwater, the maesters said it would eliminate your pain. Although, I found a few pages in one of these books about it and I'm not sure it-- well never mind. I'm glad you are awake!"

He watched the pair converse, his head swiveling back and forth between the two speakers. He could not recall the final details of the fight with Maho Sparhawk, only that he had accidentally summoned a great swarm of insects before being thrown to the ground. In any case, he had come out of the situation better than Willis, who had been closer to the center of action.

He stepped back to allow Phillipa to get closer.

• Cheer
Reactions: Smiling One