Fate - First Reply (Note: Great Ones Event related) The Fractured Souls...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join
D

Deleted member 2578

(Continues off my other thread but it is part of The Great Ones I prefer Fate threads, so just join first come is always welcome! I fixed the tags/etc in case some people were getting confused but yes I want this fate to be related to the great ones event. thanks in advanced.)

I don't sleep. It is hard to explain what that does to a man...but I have not slept in many years. There is too much to live for, and too much to die for. After the revolution in the mines, we won our freedom. Cerak Empire was still home...but mostly the mine. I was no longer a slave...but that meant very little to me. The girl I saved that day slept near me, she was the life I saved...the one that helped me win the revolution. Her and Anya. I risked my life for both of them...for them all. We won our freedom as a result. Nosdyn narrowed his eyes as he sat there, it was late that night and he considered very carefully what he was thinking about. He scribed his thoughts on paper, a parchment notebook he'd lifted off one of the defeated slave drivers. He took to writing a lot those day having no formal education, but still, having been extremely intelligent.

The voices started that night. Nosdyn... The voice whispered from the darkness.

He blinked for a moment as he felt the presence within his mind. How are you in my mind...?

There was a pause. Nosdyn... Tthe voice from beyond called. We know your name.

Nosdyn steeled himself, he knew they would ask something of him...the voices from the great beyond. He looked off into the darkness of the mine, and got up at that point heading deeper into another side chamber. I hear you... Nosdyn responded. What is your will?

Do you desire truth...?
The voice from beyond asked.

Nosdyn nodded. I desire truth...

What will you give for it...?
The voice asked.

He found himself in the adjacent chamber a short time later. Something was different, he felt different. Memories poured in his mind...memories of a past that he didn't know he had. He found out he was a Orc part of the blue orc tribe of those people. Nosdyn allowed his head to be filled with memories, precious one and all. They would assist him in helping him find himself. He noticed at that point, he was no longer alone. "I did not mean to startle you." Nosdyn told his friend.

She nodded, Ellsa nodded. She looked at him carefully. "You weren't at your bed so I got worried."

Nosdyn trusted her, Ellsa, and he walked over towards her. He placed a large hand on her shoulder. "I had something to take care of is all." He told her calmly, it was the truth.

"You were talking to yourself for a bit, which is why I got worried." Ellsa told her friend. "I know you don't sleep but it still concerned me a lot."

Nosdyn nodded. His strong and muscular face had that same stoic expression. "Let;s get back in the morning well start work in this chamber, there is something here."

"How do you know?" She asked.

"I trusted myself." He said plainly and they left the chamber together.

(Note: We're mainly looking for a very rare or special type of ore that will be available because of the event. Development and mining/crafting style thread mainly. I am preferring the fate system so just join up and we're good to go!)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Cthuloo
  • Yay
Reactions: Asel and Kara Orin
Asel was a smith, not a miner. She was highly skilled at working ore into fantastic shapes and deadly purpose, but she did not dig her materials from the ground. Given her relative success, it was more efficient to simply buy the materials she needed. Indeed, many rare metals were scattered throughout the world. Better to let them come to her than to seek them out herself.

This was an exception. It had been a whisper more than an announcement, but a very small operation had begun with some very interesting promises. Previously unknown materials with odd properties, and it was near enough to intrigue her. Of course, having first dibs on anything uncovered would be nice as well.

The large bee was a little bit uncomfortable going underground, but it turned out that the mines were not so different from the hive. Of course, Asel hadn’t particularly enjoyed the hive. The sparse torches reflected off of her large, hard eyes as she descended, and Midge flitted behind her, voicing her disapproval.

”...pixies ain’t supposed to be b’low ground and it smells weird here and there’s dust in my...”

Asel ignored her until they entered a larger area with a blue orc. Asel’s antennae twitched, and Midge looked from her to the orc. ”We’re here about the mining... I guess,” she sighed. Asel stood motionless, awaiting a response.

Nosdyn, missing one eye the horrid injury was hidden behind an eye patch.

He heard the newcomer, several days had passed since the mining operation began anew with Nosdyn in charged of the whole thing. Most folks would have been disturbed seeing an unusual entity like Asel but for some reason the appearance and biological configuration of Asel did not bother The Blue Orc. He nodded towards the winged one. "More hands are always welcome." He said calmly, they were on the verge of discovering an entirely new ore. One that could shape the future of the mining industry. Nosdyn and several others had been working non stop for many nights trying to find the exact ore vein. They were close, Nosdyn knew that the entities that had contacted him would not lie to him.

The mining operation consisted of about fifty miners or so of varying races.

All were working their due diligence to uncover the ore that Nosdyn promised would be there.

It was upon Asel's arrival that Nosdyn realized it.

"This is fate." Nosdyn said out loud. He realized after a moment and motioned for Asel to join he and several others of the veteran miners. They were digging in a particular patch of the chamber that was discovered and it took a moment for Nosdyn to realize that the chamber ITSELF was the ore deposit. He looked at Asel. "Glad to have you with us." He knelt down for a moment and touched the ground, at first it looked like little more than simple earth and stone. "What do you think this is?" Nosdyn asked of her. His voice was calm and surprisingly inquisitive. He turned a patch of the earth in the hand, and suddenly the chamber was filled with a brilliantly glowing light. The ore had been all around them the whole time.

They just were not looking at it the correct way, thankfully they had Nosdyn present. Otherwise it would never have been discovered. He nodded at Asel.

• Yay
Reactions: Asel
Asel's face was impassive, although she did give a few soft clicks from her mandibles. Whether it was an acknowledgment of Nosdyn's greeting was unclear. Midge made their introductions briefly but otherwise had grown uncharacteristically quiet. Perhaps the pixie finally felt a little concerned about being trapped unground with a crew of much larger individuals.

Asel followed his summons and entered the chamber. It looked entirely unremarkable. At his question, she turned in a slow circle. Her eyes were best in full daylight, but her antennae swiveled around like batons, picking up the various chemicals that floated through the air. Midge translated her thoughts.

"There is... earth... some iron but... I don't know exactly what she's trying to- oh! It's because she doesn't know. There's something else in here but we don't know what it is." Asel turned back. The pixie had spoken correctly, she did not know what odd substance was in this cavern, but it was certainly there.

Then the blue orc turned his hand, and the cavern glowed. Asel, usually the definition of unflappable, started at the sudden shock to her senses. Her wings buzzed for a second, and she jumped back. It didn't take long for her to calm, though, as the shimmering light danced playfully off of her hard eyes.

Midge was dazzled as well, and began flying around the edges of the cavern, poking at the glowing stones. "Woah! What is this? Did you know rocks could do that? This has to be magic!" she chittered on for a while, and Asel rested a multi-jointed hand on the smooth stone. It truly was extraordinary, and she felt a quiver of excitement.

What marvelous things could she make from this?

• Yay
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
Nosdyn took a pick ax in the technique the voices taught him. He looked at the gathered miners, his people, and he held the pick ax. "It has fire based properties." Nosdyn said calmly. "Hence the glowing light that the ore gives off. We will discover the rest of the properties in due time." He handed his pick ax to one of the nearby miners and walked over towards Asel.

"You arrived at an opportune moment." Nosdyn explained carefully. "You and your companion are most welcome with our fold." Nosdyn gathered a few documents and placed them on the ground in front of himself and Asel and her companion. "This is the ore we are mining." Nosdyn explained. "We are in some sort of a deposit of the ore, and a very rich one at that. I have contacted a local miner's guild in regards to the discovery and I have been given rights to name this substance. It seems of recent moons, many mysterious new objects and other events have been happening." (Reference to the great ones event) Nosdyn rubbed his broad chin thoughtfully for a moment. "If I were perhaps the more scholarly type, I would look into the origins and source of these mysteries myself. But alas, I am just a miner."

And a damned good miner at that.

He pointed towards the rough schematics of the ore. He had deep knowledge of the ore and it's properties but it was only the basic building blocks. There were more secrets to be discovered. "This right here." He tapped the parchment. "Is going to bring about an industrial revolution." Nosdyn explained to Asel. There was clear excitement in his eye.

"The substance is called Themaglenite." Nosdyn said carefully. "From what I gather it seems to have properties based upon the elemental fire." Nosdyn was never skilled in the arcane arts, but some other way to use those arts would be welcome for brawlers like himself and people in general. They could change their world with it.

It was all very exciting, and not just because of the pretty lights. An ore of fire? It didn't seem possible, or even probable, but here it was and that was good enough. How would The Wax affect it, she wondered? The Wax, the secret of her art, a substance made only by her race, it was the secret to her creations' unique properties. She had only ever used it with steel and iron, though.

Midge returned to her side, and together they approached Nosdyn. "How do you know so much about this stuff?" the pixie asked. "We've never heard of it. No smith we've ever heard of has heard of it. And we know at least..." she looked at Asel, who returned a blank look. "...well we know a lot of smiths."

• Yay
For Nosdyn, being asked how he knew was like asking how would one breathe? Or why?

But he knew that they needed some sort of a concrete answers. So he tried to word it the best way he knew how to. "As a miner, you learn to trust your instincts on these matters. I knew because I was meant to know." Nosdyn explained to her, it wasn't that far from the truth. It's not every day an other world being contacts you with detailed information on a brand new discovery. So he knew he had to be gentle with his wording for their sake. He frowned for a moment, he knew he must have sounded like a lunatic, but it was in fact the truth. "The ore properties...is a little complicated to explain. But I can tell you this much as I said earlier I know because I meant to know. This whole thing was our discovery." He smiled at Asel and nodded.

Though he was a Blue Orc, and they were known for savagery in combat, Nosdyn was a gentle soul.

He pointed at the schematic. Tapping the parchment twice. "Here is the richest of the deposit." Nosdyn said confidently. "Once we have extracted enough of the ore itself, we can proceed to manufacture whatever is needed. I myself, am curious to see how this ore reacts to a skilled blacksmith." Nosdyn mused out loud.

She didn't seem like a miner type...but rather her and her partner seemed like they had other skill sets.

"If you are a smith, I would like you to be in charged of crafting the equipment and items out of this operation. I have contacted members of the miner's guild here in Cerak and they agree with our terms." He always included his fellow miners in any decision making that concerned their well being.

Nearby, Ellsa, the miner he'd saved observed quietly but she said nothing for the time being. She merely watched her Blue Orc and how he operated, she was learning. A great deal about diplomacy and how to deal with the outside world's dealings.

It was a cryptic response, and one that Asel did not truly understand, but it was response enough. Perhaps he was being secretive about his discovery or his sources. It would make sense if the material were truly as powerful as he claimed, and he didn't know Asel well enough to trust her.

Her head and antennae perked up as he offered her control of the local crafting operations. Perhaps he did trust her, then. The normally inscrutable insect was, quite literally, buzzing with excitement. Short, intermittent bursts from her wings and quick twitches of antennae, and she gnawed at nothing in the air.

"You betcha she's a smith! The best there is." Midge chimed in. "And we're more than happy to handle any crafting duties you got." She looked to the bee suddenly, with a rather disgusted expression. "Really? ...Ok... she says that she'll help mine too until there's enough to work with." Midge had been hoping to return to the surface.

Asel, nodding to Nosdyn in thanks and acknowledgment of his kindness, moved to the wall and picked up a heavy pickaxe with easy. She observed the motions of the other workers, and started to chip away at the stone herself. Her form may have been off, but her endurance was tremendous.

Midge did not want to just stare at Asel mining all day, so she floated around until, out of lack of any other form of entertainment, asked Nosdyn "So... you're blue, too, eh"

• Yay
Nosdyn listened to the pixie's question...he'd never seen the like of her having been in a mine most of his life.

He found the questions she asked of him surprisingly welcome. He nodded towards her. "I don't know my own people." He explained to Midge as he worked the ore himself. There was a quota to meet. He looked at Midge and Asel at that point studying her technique. He observed her work. "Try this way." He said to Asel, and showed her an adjusted stance with the mining pick. Nosdyn was an expert miner by that point, and many would consider him a master miner. But Nosdyn would not consider calling himself a master ever.

He looked at Asel and Midge. He reasoned that Midge spoke FOR Asel. He looked at the curious pixie and kept a soft smile on his face. "How do I explain this...I have no past." He said to her. "Mining is ALL I have ever known." It felt somewhat sad to explain to the outsiders that his life had literally been stolen from him and he'd been thrust into slavery. He tried to explain to them the best he could though, he was trying the best he could.

He looked at Ellsa who also worked nearby her own mining pick. "She is a good friend. A companion, we worked together and became free together." Nosdyn explained to Midge and Asel. "We fought for many moons to earn our freedom." But mining is all I know... He thought to himself. There were other matters to discuss, and he made idle talk with Midge as he worked, being certain to entertain her and her friend. There wasn't much in the ways of entertainment in a mine, but he was trying.

• Wonder
Asel observed Nosdyn's demonstration of a more proper stance and, sure enough, the task was much simpler after that. Her wings buzzed once in delight as she became more comfortable with it, it was not so dissimilar from hammering at a forge! The ringing of iron was replaced by the clink of stone, but she enjoyed the rhythm all the same. What was more, there were others mining too, and her tune was part of a greater melody.

Midge listened to his answers and found them surprisingly intriguing. Perhaps it was the vagueness of his response, or the drama of a history in bondage. Maybe she was just way more bored than she thought. Whatever the case, she enjoyed speaking to him.

"From what Asel's told me about her people, they sound kinda similar. Most of them work nonstop for pretty much nothing. Only difference is they don't seem to mind... a whole lotta nonsense about duty to their queen and whatnot. She didn't like it, but she thinks she's the only one that left." She looked at her insectoid friend with an expression of both admiration and sympathy.

She looked to Ellsa, who hadn't spoken yet. "Aye. Name's Midge. What's your story then?"

Asel continued to chip away at the stone, happier than she'd been in a while.

• Yay
Ellsa blinked a moment when Midge addressed her. She nodded after that with a small bow of the head towards the two of them. "Hey Midge, well met." Ellsa said calmly. She motioned towards Nosdyn. "He saved my life, he saved all of us him and a mutual ally did. We had no freedom up until we had to make a decision to win it." She said calmly. "I owe my loyalty to him." Ellsa explained to the curious pixie. It was hard to explain how she truly felt about the Blue Orc named Nosdyn. Maybe words didn't really suffice.

Nosdyn mined a few more samples of the ore and filled a nearby container, something like an ore container the miners used to move precious ore around the mines to be manufactured and processed. He listened to what Ellsa and Midge spoke about. He smiled at that point...the feelings he held for Ellsa were genuine. They'd fought and bled together a warrior only truly knew another warrior they fought alongside with. Nosdyn wiped the sweat off his brow, hours had passed. He looked over towards Asel and nodded at her. "We've got enough ore for now...it's been hours now." He didn't want to over work his new friend.

Nosdyn kept rations and supplies with him at all times.

He handed Asel a waterskin that she could share with Midge as well. It got hot that deep in the mine when you were working manual labor. Especially near ore that had properties of heat. The waterskin was filled with fresh water. "Have to keep the thirst at bay when working long hours." He told Asel calmly. "You never realize how much fuel a body actually needs until you're doing hard labor." He liked Asel's healthy work ethics, she was willing to get her hands dirty.

As Nosdyn stood there he smiled at Ellsa at that point. "We've all earned a break let's go back to the main chamber and regroup." Nosdyn said calmly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Midge hovered as Elsa spoke, bobbing up and down and side to side like a fidgety child trying to listen but also not wanting to sit still. The tale wasn’t entirely unlike her relationship to Asel. It wasn’t all that similar... but it had enough parallels to make her think about it.

When Nosdyn brought the ore and water, Asel moved to join them. She took the offer of water tentatively, and stuck her proboscis in for just a couple of seconds before letting midge wrestle with it. She didn’t need much water, and she was more excited by the glowing ore.

The team had managed to gather quite a bit of the stuff, and she gingerly reached down to pick up an orange chunk. It was warm, but not painfully so. Jointed, keratinous hands turned it over while it’s light reflected off of her iridescent eyes. Finally, she held it up to her face and let her antennae scour over its surface.

”She says if she can take this to the surface she can start working on it, maybe make some prototypes to figure out how much can be done.” Midge reported to the orc.

Asel would be more than capable of moving the ore on her own, and had already picked out a spot in her mind to set up shop above ground. It would take another hour or two, but she could begin working before nightfall, and she already had a few plans forming.

• Yay
Nosdyn observed Asel curiously.

The thought occurred to him once more. I've never seen anyone like her... He kept a soft smile on his face observing her and Midge's mannerisms. Nosdyn looked at Midge with a soft nod. "Tell her she's free to take samples to her workshop. I am in need of suitable battle gauntlets." Nosdyn explained to Midge.

"We have our craft down here in the mines but you have yours." He looked at Asel as she did what she did. He nodded calmly once more. "Take all the time that you need to fashion what is needed." Nosdyn explained to Midge and Asel. "We will be down here mining more of the ore to fashion gear that may be used and sold for a gold crown." Nosdyn liked the idea of that.

Asel was filled with a buzzing excitement, both literally and figuratively, as she set up her forge. She did not have her full toolset with her, that would have been far too much for even her to transport, but she had enough. A plethora of metal instruments were splayed out and a forge was set in motion with assistance from the other miners.

She wondered how the heat of a forge would react with such an odd substance that radiated heat of its own. A furnace was set up to smelt and purify the ore, and the product was just as spectacular as the raw material. Glowing, hot, even without being molten.

That night was filled with sparks and fire and the steady hammering of Asel's hammers. She did not stop moving all night, and she showed no signs of tiring. This was her passion, her craft, her purpose.

For the first batch she did not use the Wax. She needed to see how the new metal would behave on its own, and so she produced a fine pair of gauntlets by the time the moon was beginning to set. They were dark metal, but here and there lines of orange gave a soft glow. They felt comfortably warm to the touch, as if someone's hands had just left them.

Asel sent Midge to inform Nosdyn that the prototype was finished.

• Yay
A miner through and through, while Asel worked her craft...Ellsa, Nosdyn, and the other miners stayed present to work theirs.

There was much more ore to be mined, and that would serve the backbone for the new enterprise. He narrowed his eyes calmly as he mined the last set of his batch of ore he was mining when Midge, the curious pixie, showed up once more sometime later. Nosdyn listened carefully to what she had to say. He looked at Ellsa the whole time, there would be no secrets between them ever.

Once he was informed that the prototype was completed, Nosdyn nodded once more. "You three come with me." He included Ellsa in that group. He never took anything from her, he always asked. He made it a point to ask. In their world, the slave drivers had stolen so much from them all.

They all agreed, and Ellsa accepted as well. Theirs was a unique relationship.

"Show us where Asel's workshop is." Nosdyn asked of Midge, and they all went together to the location...

Midge lead the group above ground and just a few dozen yards from the entrance to Asel's makeshift forge. The bee was still moving around excitedly, stoking the flames with one set of arms while pushing the bellows with the other. She could hear the group approaching, and motioned for them to come closer. Her eagerness was apparent, for Asel rarely moved as much as this.

When Nosdyn reached her forge she picked up the gauntlets and placed them on a low table before him. She had made them based on a rough estimate of his hand size, so it was unlikely that they would fit perfectly, but that was not the point of prototypes. She wished to know if the metal was too warm or too heavy, and if the fingers of the gloves were dextrous enough for his work. The metal of the fingers could be thinned and made of smaller pieces should he require it, but that would compromise some of the durability and protection.

Midge communicated this to Nosdyn, and said "Well? Go ahead and try'em on, Blue!" There was plenty of ore left over, so Asel would be able to forge a more personalized set for him and begin work on other tools and equipment.

• Yay
He'd never received such a gift. Not in that sense...given they were exploring unknowns and variables, Nosdyn's single eye went wide at the product. He was eager to test the prototype himself. He carefully took the pair of gauntlets he'd requested and strapped them on. The metal they were dealing with had interesting magical properties. As Nosdyn suspected, there was a brilliant flash of light when he'd equipped both of the gauntlets and once the light subsided, they were completely ready for use. They were warm, but felt like a second skin almost organic in nature. Nosdyn looked at Asel and nodded with approval.

The heat was not unbearable, but not that different from the fires in his own heart and soul.

The prototype was engineered extremely well by the bee's skilled craft.

He looked at Asel with a soft smile on his face. "They fit fine. I couldn't have possibly asked for better. I will accept this pair as they are and come to you if and when repairs are needed. As we suspected the heat like properties of the equipment are permanent effects, however temporary." Nosdyn explained. Once The Blue Orc, last of his specific tribe adjusted to the weight of the gauntlets he maneuvered his large hands stretching his fingers in a controlled way to ensure he had full range of movement. As a brawler type, he had to be certain his hands always had full range of movement. And that they were not held back by the burdens of a poorly designed and clumsy sword like weapon. He preferred his fists anyway.

The big Orc looked at Midge at the point. "Tell your friend we have done well."

Asel clacked her mandibles in gratitude that her craft was acceptable. Then, with another small buzz of her oversized wings, she turned back to the forge. She had more ore to shape, more experiments to run. Midge swirled around her head and back to the blue orc pair.

"She'll be at this for a while," the pixie said, rolling her eyes affectionately. "She just loooves new toys."

And love them she did. Asel had made functional equipment, but how would a weapon work? What of armor? A short sword and a helmet next, still without wax. They needed to be forged and tested. She didn't care much about who would receive them, she just wanted to see how they felt under her hammer, what the end result would be.

Nosdyn and his men would need to wait a couple of hours for the end result, but the time would fly for the bee. Midge, content that Asel would be quite focused for the foreseeable future, decided to stick around the orc and his men.

• Love
Nosdyn didn't mind Midge's company.

It was a good change of pace.

She was talkative and so was Nosdyn. He would answer all of the curious pixie's questions.

That night, he tested mining ore with his new battle gauntlets on...he wanted to see if there would be a reaction of any sort.

Of course...Nosdyn had been seeing and experiencing many magical and interesting things of late.

As he spoke to Midge, he soon came to find out in his personal reflection of something inside of him called an Old One. He'd later find out this entity was named Skotadi and he'd been the reason that Nosdyn had acquired the ore for them.

He was in harmony with Skotadi....but the entity had not yet revealed it's name or natures yet to Nosdyn that would come later.

Nosdyn allowed himself a long break that night he spoke to Midge in private. "Tell me of the outside world...I've only ever known the mines as my life."

Midge was not used to being asked questions, not real questions, anyway. Usually they were "what are you, what is that that thing," or "how much for this sword." She was unexpectedly at a loss for words, and it took her a few moments to collect her thoughts.

"Well... uh... there's a lot other than mines..." a poor start. She tried to think of how to explain so vast a concept to him. Perhaps focusing on her travels with Asel would help?

"There are cities, with lots of people. I mean lots of people. Too many, if you ask me, but they have money so that's good. Um, most of the world is not cities, though. It's trees and rivers and fields. Lots of fields. The best place is the Wilds, though, that's where I met Asel. It's a big thick jungle full of colorful flowers and sweet fruits and monsters!" she thought wistfully of the place and wondered if she and Asel would go back there some day.

[color=royalblue="I... I'm sorry you had to stay in mines all the time."[/color] It was the best she could think of to say. Sympathy wasn't exactly her strong suit, but she had disliked being underground for a few hours and couldn't imagine a lifetime of it.

• Love
Nosdyn listened to her stories...he could almost picture city life...would have been something he would have enjoyed. He took in all the information that Midge gave him. He liked the way she kept skittering about with her wings....it was all so very new to him.

"I was forced into slavery we fought our way out of it. And still are fighting until the next battle occurs." Nosdyn sighed. He didn't know why he'd been put on that unique path that was his own...the destiny he had to walk.

Him and Midge spoke that night and there was Lady Ellsa who always sat next to Nosdyn.

She'd taught many of the miners reading and writing skills by that point.

Nosdyn never slept so he could stay up and entertain Midge that whole time.

Keep the Lady Ellsa close to your heart...something may happen. Skotadi, the voice, the darkness within told Nosdyn. He never knew why at the time that was occurring but every time he heard that voice, he got a headache soon after. He tapped the sighed of his skull and embraced Lady Ellsa fearful as he was of losing his friend.

He looked at Midge at that point and nodded with a smile. "One day I'd love to see all of it. The world I mean. There has to be a place for me someplace."

Midge found she actually enjoyed telling Nosdyn about her adventures, it made her feel very worldly and smart and important. As Asel banged away at her forge she didn't really need her translator, so the pixie was free to do as she wished.

Midge flitted to Lady Ellsa's shoulder. "So... you guys like an item or what?" she motioned between her and the blue orc. "Just... you're like the only lady here. I think you're a lady? Sorry, don't really know races very well." Asel was not here to shut her up and as she relaxed her manners slipped.

Asel had just finished hammering out the frame of a sword. By dawn it would be finished and ready to test.

• Love
(Kinda sucks Lady Ellsa like died of old age in our meta heheh oh well)

Nosdyn and Lady Ellsa were an item of sorts. Nosdyn found out he didn't mind the pixie's relentless questions it was a good change of pace from the usual miner rough necks, men and women alike that ended up in the mines, either as slaves or to work hard work. Nosdyn looked at Lady Ellsa and nodded towards Midge's question. "Yes we are an item. We fought and nearly died together not too long ago." Nosdyn explained calmly.

He told her calmly, and answered all of her questions. Lady Ellsa also liked having Midge around, and she spoke to the pixie regularly.

Nosdyn was no sword man though so he would have another miner test the next set of weaponry. He went with one of his companion miners back to Asel's workshop.

At that point Nosdyn motioned for his companion. "Midge tell her my friend will test the new equipment, swords are too heavy for my combat style."

• Yay