LFG New Culture Interest Check: The Imara [Action, Adventure, Romance]

Last Origin

Character Biography
Link
Hey everyone, I wanted to gauge interest on a concept I had for a new group/culture for RP: The Imara. They are a culture of mount (The Imar) and rider (The Imarin) located in the Taagi Baara Steppes, and while small in number, these nomadic people are ever in search of Talifan, a supposedly ancient city the Imara once called home, lost forever after a cataclysmic event so long ago that history has forgotten.

The Imar mounts of the Imara are large, long-tailed lizards with a break in their back spines large enough to bear a rider comfortably. Imar imprint on their rider, usually the first person they make contact with, and in the process the rider, the Imarin, is created. Thus an Imarin may be of any species or identification if they are capable of riding an Imar. Imar only mate with an Imar partner who has their own Imarin, and are capable of undergoing a sex change to better suit the match for non-traditional pairings or simply to match the identified gender of their Imarin. Imar possess a low form of sentience, capable of complex emotions but unable to speak or communicate except in sounds and body language.

The Imara are fierce warriors, owing to the natural advantage of having a thick-scaled, large lizard for a mount, as well as the advantages mounted combat brings in general. As they are nomadic, their technology is not particularly advanced however. Culturally the Imara prescribe to a way of thinking called "Harmony," which is a philosphical doctrine which views the world as a series of combinations, such as the combination of Imar and Imarin to form the Imara people. All things are viewed as having two parts, with two sides to every issue, and a problem for every solution. Imar will often spend hours speaking at length about the duality of everything, including the goings-on of neighboring lands as they hear news from wandering merchants.

In the RP itself, Imara characters would control both their Imarin rider and the actions of their Imar as well, both of whom could have separate names and personalities. There is a lot of opportunity for adventure, action, and interesting romantic pairings (the Imarin may get along but the Imar may not, for example). If this sounds interesting to you, let me know! :)

Hey everyone, I wanted to gauge interest on a concept I had for a new group/culture for RP: The Imara. They are a culture of mount (The Imar) and rider (The Imarin) located in the Taagi Baara Steppes, and while small in number, these nomadic people are ever in search of Talifan, a supposedly ancient city the Imara once called home, lost forever after a cataclysmic event so long ago that history has forgotten.

The Imar mounts of the Imara are large, long-tailed lizards with a break in their back spines large enough to bear a rider comfortably. Imar imprint on their rider, usually the first person they make contact with, and in the process the rider, the Imarin, is created. Thus an Imarin may be of any species or identification if they are capable of riding an Imar. Imar only mate with an Imar partner who has their own Imarin, and are capable of undergoing a sex change to better suit the match for non-traditional pairings or simply to match the identified gender of their Imarin. Imar possess a low form of sentience, capable of complex emotions but unable to speak or communicate except in sounds and body language.

The Imara are fierce warriors, owing to the natural advantage of having a thick-scaled, large lizard for a mount, as well as the advantages mounted combat brings in general. As they are nomadic, their technology is not particularly advanced however. Culturally the Imara prescribe to a way of thinking called "Harmony," which is a philosphical doctrine which views the world as a series of combinations, such as the combination of Imar and Imarin to form the Imara people. All things are viewed as having two parts, with two sides to every issue, and a problem for every solution. Imar will often spend hours speaking at length about the duality of everything, including the goings-on of neighboring lands as they hear news from wandering merchants.

In the RP itself, Imara characters would control both their Imarin rider and the actions of their Imar as well, both of whom could have separate names and personalities. There is a lot of opportunity for adventure, action, and interesting romantic pairings (the Imarin may get along but the Imar may not, for example). If this sounds interesting to you, let me know! :)
This sounds cool!

Is it possible to do an RP thread where a character who is originally not an Imarin may become an Imarin?