Fable - Ask Never Have I Ever

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Zael Castomir

Slayer of Ganfarred
Character Biography
Link
"Never have I ever...bedded a horse."

"You son of a bitch, that was one time!"

Zael, along with the rest of the onlooking crowd at the tavern, burst into uproarious laughter. No one knew precisely how it got started, this infectious series of "Never have I ever" games, but somehow the whole establishment of the tavern (aptly named: This Ain't Falwood, Yer Drunk) had gotten sucked in, most watching, some stepping forward and participating. The entire thing was a raucous affair, and just the kind of way Zael preferred to spend his leisure time.

The game was simple and addicting. Some number of people sit down at the table. Lots are drawn to see who goes first. Everyone holds up their ten fingers. You say "Never have I ever..." and then whatever it was you haven't done, from the ordinary to the salacious to the outrageous. Everybody at the table who has done that thing (like ol' Horsefucker over there) puts a finger down, maybe even tells the story behind it...and of course takes a drink because this a tavern and no one's leaving sober. Whoever's the last one with some number of fingers still up wins.

As the table cleared and the elven barkeep gave the victor his prize (some kind of wine imported from deep in the Falwood, go figure), one of the "barmaids" gave a sultry wave of her hand and offered invitingly, "Next winner gets a round with me. Free of charge!"

Some joker in the crowd jeered, "And so's the crotch rot!"

Incensed, the "barmaid" called back, "I have no such ailment, you take that back!"

Now, maybe Zael wasn't quite up to rollin' the dice on whether or not the lovely barmaid had some kind of itch down there or not, but he was up to sitting down at the table and finally playing a round of "Never have I ever" himself. So time to forget all his worries, all his struggles, all his fears, at least for one night...and just have some fun.

Zael sat down at the table. Glanced around at the assembled crowd. Then smacked a hand on the wooden table surface and said, "Alright, who else? I promise I'm a perfect angel if you're lookin for a challenge." He grinned at his obvious facetiousness. "Un-fuckin-beatable."

Last edited:
A snort sounded from the crowd directly across the table from him.

"And I'm a Kaliti Princess."

"Mah-gee," said a man already sitting, "put a Kaliti Princess in the dirt."

"What?" replied the girl, non-plussed and blinking over her own drink, "that time in Soltair doesn't-" a small urp interrupted, politely, "doesn't count. She was the handmaiden and it was sand."

"Woohoohoo handmaiden!" chortled the man, jiggling his fingers at her and batting his eyes.

"I know a rotten jeer when I see one," the young woman sniffed and wrinkled her nose, flicking an errant curl from her face, "I beat you at the last game and I'll beat you at this one Burkes." She stood with a glorious sway from her seat, hoisted a tankard about half as big as her own face, and swung her leg out from her chair.

A finger pointed in the general direction of the one called Burkes, but it hovered unsteadily between him and the blonde stranger that had just sat down to his left, "Never -ouch-," she stumbled as her shin hit the bench, "have I ever," there was some struggle. A long jacket, a satchel, and a set of loose laces. She gave up and plopped down backwards, twisting to face them, "put a Kaliti Princess in the dirt."

Quite a long way from Yore once again, yet never far from home so long as a tavern was nearby. And what a night to be at this particular tavern it was! Uproarious laughter, hearty comradery, and of course, BOOZE to be had by all. There was nothing like a good bender with better company to ease a wandering warrior's road-weary soul. EXCEPT!...a drinking game.

And then came the open challenge, from a young maverick no less. If there was anyone who simply couldn't resist a challenge, it was the mighty Toruuk, Champion of the Stonehearts. The fundaments of the bar shook as heavy hooffalls clomped across the floor towards the origin of the provocation. Patrons parted like a stream around a freshly tossed boulder as he pushed his way through the busy building. A chair was pulled out by a meaty mitt upon his arrival, and he plopped weightily into its seat across from the blond young buck.

Toruuk took a brief moment to size his opponent up.

"Alright, kiddo..." the minotaur shouted, leaning in with a shit-eating grin. "I'm in!"

Last edited:
Tavern crawl? Junius still didn’t know why he let Zael talk him into this. Of course, it was a figurative term, but even an indirect reference to crawling on the floor of this tavern made him nauseous. The mug of ale he had received had been poorly cleaned, but luckily a quick and silent incantation took care of that. Listening to those around him, it seemed that Zael was intending to start a game. “You’re too stiff, lighten up”, he had been told by his companion when they had arrived at the tavern several hours earlier.

“Never have I ever” was what they were calling the game. Junius had never heard of such a game, there had been little time for games when he was in the academy and he wasn’t one to frequent taverns unless insistently invited. It took no time after Zael made the call for an attractive young woman to drunkenly saunter over to the table and accept his challenge. She had never put a Kaliti princess in the ground, she bellowed drunkenly. Junius smiled to himself briefly, he certainly wouldn’t mind having a Kaliti princess’ vessel to make a masterpiece out of.

The boards under his feet shook as a large minotaur came to the table, smiling as his eyes glinted a challenge. “Alright kiddo…, I’m in”, he shouted, the table shaking as he dropped into the chair. Junius shrugged, he was here, he may as well engage with the game and get a new experience under his belt. With the usual slightly unsettling manic smile, he leaned forward and eyed the other three tavern denizens. “Alright, I’ll bite, let’s play.”

Zael Castomir Toruuk Stoneheart Magdalena Elbion

If anyone directly recognized Magdalena, no one spoke up about it. Instead, patrons in various states of inebriation called from the crowd:

"Game ain't started yet."

"That's a good one though."

"Shut up, Horsefucker."

Zael, meanwhile, was absolutely thrilled to see the second participant take his seat: a no-shit minotaur, in the flesh. He was a fucking big boy alright—just LOOK at those MUSCLES. Zael knew he'd get his ass kicked in a straight-up fistfight with him, but that didn't diminish his desire to have a good ol' brawl with the minotaur anyway.

Even Junius took a seat. Well color Zael shocked, he thought Junebug would never. Zael certainly wasn't as deep in Gilram's circle as Junius, and he certainly didn't know much about anyone yet. But hey, you know what was going to change that real quick? This game, right here, right now. Zael and Junius were gonna learn a few nice little things about each other, alright, only question was was just how scandalous it was gonna get.

"We got ourselves here a fine assortment," Zael said, looking over the woman, the minotaur, and Junius (he didn't need to let on that they were in Elbion together and were acquaintances).

As the barkeep was getting the lots ready to draw and the drinks for the participants ready to drink, introductions.

"Name's Zael," he said. And, specifically to Magdalena, "I see you're already havin fun tonight."

Magdalena Elbion Toruuk Stoneheart Junius Alfort

Holy Falwood was that a gorramn minotaur?!

The thunderous thump thump thump of the beast's arrival had garnered the full attention of the red-jacketed young woman, who turned wide and wonderous eyes up-up-upward at him, neck craning back so much that she slipped from her bench in the process.

"Oop!" Magda hit the floor just seconds before the beast took his seat and found herself bounced summarily for his effort as she clung to the bench. She disappeared once more over the edge and for several floundering moments she discovered her feet had quite decidedly gone to bed without her.

"Bother-" she grunted as she heaved herself up by her arms and slumped back onto her bench. One leg and foot. Two leg and foot. She was seated.

But where's her drink?

“Alright, I’ll bite, let’s play," said a curiously happy looking young man. Magda eyed him with a wooz.

"We got ourselves here a fine assortment."

To this she straightened her slouch and flicked a wayward brown curl from her face. Well if they weren't the finest bunch of rotten tomatoes here tonight, she'd be a minotaur's aunt. To the one-eyed, blond-haired young man she offered a winning cheshire smile, half-in-the-pot, "Indeed I am, Zael," Magda proclaimed with a slight burbling laugh, "I am so very pleased to have a game."

Burkes chortled into his drink.

"I am Magi," she said in response before looking around, her fingers itching after a pint that was missing, "and I require more ale as mine seems to have ...wandered off."

The look in that "Zael's" eye was a promising one. The look of a brawler! Any chance for a scrap was welcome by Toruuk's standards, though perhaps a better location would be wise. If the minotaur had at least one self-imposed rule it was to avoid being kicked out of bars he actually liked. This happened to be one.

A lady without her drink? That wouldn't do. The lumbering champion craned his neck and gave a shout towards the bar.
"OI! 'Nother couple o' mugs of ale over here! Biggun for me!"

In but a few moments a barmaid had swung over in his direction, handing off a froth-covered stein larger than any other present, as well as a much more normal sized one. Toruuk dropped a few coins into the woman's hand with a generous grin, then pinched the smaller one between two fingers and dropped it in front of "Magi."
"Thanks, darlin'. Now, down to business! By which I mean games, oh yeah."

He took a long draw off the fresh drink, let out a loud sigh of satisfaction, wiped his face, and slammed the half-full mug down into the table. Its contents went skyward before, surprisingly, landing back in their container. Another wide, confident grin spanned the bovine's mien.
"Toruuk. Of the Stoneheart clan. Great t' meetcha."

Arrayed around the table, Junius’ opponents sat, and he sized each of them up. Well, he supposed “opponents” was a generous word for a game such as this. How could one even win this game? Having the most outlandish response? How was the score kept? Crowd response? He supposed he would quickly find out.

First, there was Zael, who was only a recent addition to Gilram’s exiles. Junius was not a particularly suspicious person, mostly out of apathy, and didn’t know very much about him. Gilram trusted him and that was really all Junius was concerned with. Besides, he wasn’t the one who was in charge, and only really wanted to do whatever he wanted, and that was often research.

A younger woman, who clearly had a significant amount to drink or couldn’t hold her ale very well, staggered around the table, eyeing everyone with a competitive gaze aided by her obvious inebriation. College mage perhaps? He wasn’t sure, but she was dressed like she could be, and they were in Elbion, so he assumed that a large portion of the regular population had something to do with the world-famous school.

Lastly, there was a great beast of a minotaur, who seemed like he was probably taking care to control his behavior. The minotaur loudly bellowed for more ale for the girl and himself, and a barmaid quickly fulfilled his request. Who knew what outlandish things would be said today? Despite himself, it did pique Junius’ curiosity.
Leaning in towards the group, he gave them his best smile, which always came off as slightly manic, though at least it was offered with some sincerity. Junius Alfort of Vel Anir, pleased to meet you all.”

[Fingers: 10]​

Drinks were delivered. Lots were drawn, and the order was thus: Zael, Magdalena, Toruuk, and then Junius.

"Alright," Zael said, clapping and rubbing his hands together before holding up his ten fingers. "Let's start with an easy one, eh?"

The name of the game, so far as making it entertaining, Zael figured, was to mix up the pedestrian and the outrageous suggestions. And, to be fair, one never knew if a more tame suggestion might nevertheless have an interesting story behind it.

"Never have I ever taken a long walk on a beach."

Was anyone here a lovebird like that?

[Fingers: 9]​

Thoroughly pleased with the expediency of her drink replacement, Magda raised her tankard to the minotaur with a broad, tooth-filled grin, "Cheers."

She was about to take a fresh swig when the blonde boy announced the start of the game. Guess it was better to wait? Hell's bells. She didn't need a game to give her reason to drink, especially not tonight. But she wouldn't have to wait for long at all - apparently she was going to be the first to lose. Magda raised her free hand and bent her pinky down.

"The Cortosi Coast is beautiful this time of year," she offered, "Harth's beaches are like ..." there came the swig, while her other hand, sans pinky, gestured as one might to a beautiful landscape, "alabaster bathed in gold."

"I have a very fond memory of my visit there. I was walking with my colleague, collecting samples during sunset with the sound of waves and a warm gentle breeze,"
ah yes, a perfect day indeed. She'd been growing closer to her fellow mage, until the image of Mackenzie Erris' bare rear end barreling past them with whooping laughter, flinging himself into the waters like an uncivilized mongrel utterly shattered the mood.

"Well," Magda's smile drooped into look of vacant disappointment, "short lived, anyway. Interrupted by a-" her nose wrinkled as she recalled Mack standing in the shallows, triumphantly holding up a starfish, water dripping from his mop of hair over his face, "wet dog."

She gently cleared her throat and the memory from mind, "Never have I ever dined with royalty."

Last edited:
[Fingers: 9]
The champion returned the cheers to his new human companion, a broad grin on his mien as he listened to her short tale. He himself had never been the romantic type, of course, the closest he'd come to a "long walk" on a beach being a forced march or a violent, bloody charge. Even then, the warring clans of the minotaurs took territory in Candenord near the Spine, among stony crags and far from any golden-alabaster beaches.

His grin promptly fell, however, when "Magi" gave her follow-up. A long inhale followed, then an unamused trill of his lips.
"Bah, fine, ya got me on that one."
Toruuk leaned his head back and dumped the contents of his tankard down his gullet. He slammed the thing down onto the table and made a pointing gesture to the now empty container at the nearest bar maid. While he waited for his refill, he recounted his own experience.

"The MIGHTY BULL is no ordinary member o' Clan Stoneheart, nah. He's also the CHAMPION o' Clan Stoneheart. That means I hold the undisputed title o' best warrior in the whole clan, yeah, BUT! He ain't JUST the champion, uh-uh, he's also..."

The bull rolled his fingers heavily across the table to deliver his own personal drumroll.

"The son o' Torvull Stoneheart himself, Clan Stoneheart's CHIEF, OH YEAH. So, uh, technically, any time the champ had dinner at home he was dinin' with royalty, yeah."

A bit anti-climactic perhaps, but not all of Toruuk's stories were brimming with action. Of course, that made it his turn. Perhaps this would come as a bit of a cheap shot, buuuut...
"Never have I ever used magic! WOHOHO!"

[8 Fingers]​

Magi's brows shot up into her hairline. A ROYAL minotaur? She had no idea! What were the odds? Probably not very high.

But that next prompt elicited a groan out of the young woman, who promptly stuck her face in her tankard where the groan did resonate. Ring finger went down next.

"I dabble," she said into the tankard before taking another drink.

Fingers 9​
Walked on a beach? Dined with royalty? Who had time for such things. There was so much to learn, so much to discover. Admittedly, Junius didn’t know the customs of the beast people too well. Maybe dining and fighting was the only thing they ever did. The significance of whatever wet dog Madga was referencing was entirely lost on Junius.

Junius also didn’t know anything about Clan Stoneheart. He had no idea if being its champion was some matter of significance, but he supposed he’d have to take the minotaur’s word for it. He was overthinking this, it’s just a game, he was supposed to be having fun. Fun? Was this fun? He hadn’t decided yet.

He took a swig of the ale as he turned his attention towards Toruuk. "Never have I ever used magic! WOHOHO!"
This one had to be a trick; they were in Elbion. Who here wasn’t at least competent enough to use basic magic? Junius had used magic four times in the last hour.

He swore and lowered a finger. “Really going for the low hanging fruit there, weren’t you?

Last edited:
[FINGERS: 9]​

Oof. Magic. The bull went for the easy blow (or the smart one, you could say), especially since they were here in the city of magic itself.

"Damn, what gave it away?" Zael said, taking a quick drink and then lowering a finger. "Tell me it was my enchanting eye, you big fuckin stud you."

Junius Alfort Toruuk Stoneheart Magdalena Elbion

Oh, it was his turn. Junius didn't really see that coming, despite this being a game. He had it figured out now, though. Should he go for an easy one, or go for one that he knew he would win. Maybe a hard one, the objective is to keep your fingers up. Maybe he'd just go for an easy one. Oh, he had a good one.

He smiled at his own cleverness. "Never have I ever, killed a man with a battleaxe."

[FINGERS: 8]​

"And down goes another." Appropriately, this applied to both another gulp of his ale and one of this fingers. "Battleaxes are fuckin great. Especially if I set myself to spinning through the air. You'd think a big flamin, bladed whirlwind might make a man duck or somethin, but hey, maybe I gained an awestruck admirer immediately before losin one."

Too bad you can't buy dead men drinks. Ah well. Rest in peace, soldier on the wrong side of the Revolution, rest in peace.

[Fingers: 8]​

Toruuk let out a snort and a chuckle.
"Call it what you want! I call it 'strategic.' We non-magic-folk gotta take what advantages we can, ooh yeah."

It seemed he wasn't the only one playing tactically, however. It didn't take a genius to guess at the bull's specialty.
"Yeah, yeah, got two 'em on my belt and they've drawn plenty o' blood," he drew the things, gave them a spinning flourish, then returned them to his belt. "Pomp and Circumstance! The indestructible axes of legend!"

He eyed Zael thereafter.
"Good taste, by the way, kiddo!"

[FINGERS: 8]​

"Thanks, Tor." Did he like to be called Tor or Ruuk for short? Ah well, get enough drinks in anybody and they won't mind being called Horsefucker so what was the difference really. And one of these days he might have to make like Magda over there and just find a beautiful beach and have a nice walk.

The crowd was murmuring predictions, making bets, and eagerly awaiting for the juicy, salacious prompts. Oh don't you worry, baby birds, they're a'comin. Just not yet.

"Never have I ever blamed a fart on someone else."

Almost as if the gods themselves were watching, someone in the crowd let out a lil squeaker and the entire tavern erupted into laughter again.

[Fingers: 7]

The middle finger went down and Magi, whilst straightening her posture and giving a mock indignant sniff, took a dainty sip of her tankard.

"Ladies do not fart, but everyone and anyone else around them does."

Now that that was settled for the knowledge of the present masses, sufficiently inebriated Magdalena was struggling to select the next topic from the miasma of ideas flotsaming around her addled mind.

"Never have I ever..." hmmm ... low hanging fruit or something more interesting?

"met a vampire."

Last edited:
[Fingers: 8]​
Junius frowned, of course he'd never blamed a fart on someone else. It was a natural bodily function, and if the body did it, why was it necessary to be ashamed of it? Someone simply decided it was an issue.

"Well, why would you hide something that is perfectly normal? Who decided it was an issue in the first place?"

The game shifted pace rapidly.

Junius frowned, he had met several vampires, one on his operating table in face. "I once dissected a vampire and turned it into a puppet, but dead, it wasn't much more remarkable than a human, so I haven't used it."

[Fingers: 8]
Toruuk chuckled at the answers to Zael's question, particularly to Magi's response.
"The champ's an honorable warrior, lyin' about a fart doesn't suit me!"

The lady's follow-up question earned a loud snort from the mighty bull, one born more of irritation than mirth.
"Nope, not me...not fer lack of tryin'..." he grimaced, scratching a coarse fingernail over the wood of the table and pulling up shavings. "Toruuk's heard they don't die, yeah, would be great to beat the tar outta one over and over! WOHOHO!"

The bull ruminated a moment as he considered his next move.
"Hmm...never have I ever..." his gaze shifted onto Zael and his mug shifted into a wide grin. "...lost an eye."

[FINGERS: 7]​

"Nope, no vampires," Zael said confidently. "Heard they fuckin hate fire, though. Maybe I got somethin there."

Now here was a wild suggestion. Zael's main man (bull?) over there hadn't met a vampire, despite all his efforts. But how awesome would it be to go vampire hunting with a ten-foot-tall minotaur? Fuck, he really needed to have a chat with the champ after the game was done.

Then came another cheap shot. Man, Toruuk was ruthless.

"Oh you son of a bitch," Zael said, grinning all the while, as he put down yet another finger and then lifted his tankard and took a drink. "Sorry, the real story behind the eyepatch is a fuckin downer of a tale, so I'll just say I went blind in this eye because I was doin somethin my momma told me not to do."

Those in the crowd that got it...giggled.

Toruuk Stoneheart Magdalena Elbion Junius Alfort

[Fingers:8]​
Well that was certainly a cheap shot, Junius had never lost an eye before. He had almost lost an eye once or twice, and he had removed plenty of eyes, but thankfully his were still in tact. Of course, likely only Zael would know that even if he lost an eye, he could simply replace it with another.

He started out of his thoughts. It seemed to be his turn again. "All of my eyes are still, somehow, in tact gentlemen and lady", he said with a smile. "I guess it's my turn, isn't it. Never have I ever...eaten an entire pie in one sitting", he said, smiling widely as he looked at Toruuk.

Magi smugged into her mug at the low-reach of the minotaur at the one-eyed soldier across from her.

But a pie prompt - oh she did love a good pie. But wait ...

"Do handpies count?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Zael Castomir
[Fingers: 7]
A chuckle escaped the bull once more at Zael's answer.
"Awww, I only did that one to get a story outta ya!" he griped, disappointed. He began to point to several of the deep, long healed wounds that covered his upper body. "The champ's got a story fer each and every one o' these, and every one's a great fuckin' tale! Ya gotta wear those scars with pride, kid!"

Another huff and a blast of steam exploded from Toruuk's nostrils at Junius as he gave his next prompt.
"BAH! It ain't MY fault you SMALL FOLK dunno how to make portions proper for a specimen of my DISTINCT MAGNITUDE, yeah," he answered, downing another drink like it was nothing. "That is to say, yer PIES, much like yer weapons and yer bones, are WEAK!"