LFG Need some character development

Charlemagne

Hedgehog's Dilemma
Character Biography
Link
I've got my general idea for Charlemagne's arc mapped out in my head, but I want him to rub shoulders with some other folks before he fully embarks on it. He's a mercenary from The Spine, no magic, no mind for politics or the higher mysteries. If I had to give him an alignment it would be chaotic neutral, though my goal with writing him is to make him seem more 'human' than following a character alignment.

His sellsword nature makes it easy to fit him into just about any situation, as his rather undeveloped moral compass restricts him only from taking jobs that involve harming women or children, and even then, he could likely be convinced to work with more outright 'evil' types.

I tend to get very descriptive with my writing and lean toward introspective longer posts, but I can write with anyone as long as you give me a paragraph or two to work with. I am generally a very fast poster, but as long as you can keep up a post every other day at the least, I won't lose interest. My usual themes are fairly dark fantasy, if that isn't your cup of tea that's fine, it can be fun to have alternating themes in a thread.

His main arc will begin post the despoiling of alliria, so any threads would preferably occur prior to that event, though I am open to anything beyond that if the story seems compelling and I can fit it logically into his timeline.

Do you think he might appreciate a traveling doctor to be on hand?
She is an expert on virology, but she can mend a wound just as well using mundane (and "super"-natural) means. She's often on call going into rugged country to aid the more rural villages in need, and as such requires protection on her journeys.

She also has her own arc she's working towards, but to get there she needs friends and companions in her life.

I tend to write more over the weekends with my work schedule, I also like introspective writing. As far as theme goes, plagues are her specialty, so she's no stranger to the grim realities of the world, so long as she doesn't have to be as grim as it is.

I'm unfamiliar with the Despoiling of Alliria, but Tera can fit whatever timeline you have going.

• Yay
Reactions: Charlemagne
I have a few characters that might fit into that;

I have Seska, whome is a bit of a wanderer. Dark and introspective is her cup of tea; she is tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of years old and lived through some pretty horrific things. Questions of fate, of purpose, and all manner of things in that vein are what she is about.

I have Mirriel, a new character, something of a not very nice lady in Alliria.

I also have Aeyliea, trying to find a way forward in the world after being rejected by tribe and clan and claimed by one of the ancient demi-gods known as the Seven.

Let me know if you are interested in any of these.

• Yay
Interested on both accounts.

Tera Lynx - Charlemagne spends most of his time working as a thug up in the Spine, seeing as Tera is from Belgrath it wouldn't be difficult for them to cross paths. I have an idea for a hook, I'll DM you.

Aeyliea - Took a look over your characters. Charlemagne would probably have the best dynamic with Seska or Aeyliea, whichever is your preference for writing right now. He'd probably be overtly antagonistic toward Mirriel (unless you're more keen on that sort of thing)

My discord is The Bandersnatch#7105 if either of you use it. Feel free to pm me on there if you'd like to plot.

Also open to any others that may be viewing the thread. I max myself out at 5 concurrent threads at any given time.

I can offer up Mika, a travelling bard with some skill with swords if you want someone who can playfully annoy or fawn over him like a sister. Or we could also have one pull the other out of trouble, or be dragged into the trouble.

I could also offer up Alteria, who is an older man just wandering from city to city if you want to have a calm philosophical chat or share a drink on the road.

• Yay