LFG My Best Friend Is The Graveyard | Razputin

GerblinHandModel

A Chronicler of All Time
Hello! I have just recently found this place, but I have experience with forum roleplay like this so I immediately made a character. In terms of a resume, I’ve been roleplaying for four years and can even name some of the more odd ones (Wings of Fire Wiki, anyone?). My responses usually try to match whoever I’m creating the story alongside, but I unfortunately tend to peter out in terms of muse after a few paragraphs. All of this to say, I'm super excited to start. Anyway, here’s the gist of Razputin, and I’ll work on starting a more detailed profile page on the wiki this site apparently has (Never seen that before.).

Full name: Razputin Demetrius Teak

Nicknames: Raz, Teak

Personality: Razputin is quiet in public and very reserved in classes, which makes him not the most popular person in terms of friends. It does, however, make him a very obvious target to bullies. Even though he is low on confidence, he is of a strong mind and will not take shit from anyone if they try to insult his friends or his habit of talking to them. He doesn’t have much experience with parents given that his own father abandoned him at his mother’s funeral, and home etiquette is not his strong suit. However, his friends are unruly, and will possess him if he is not careful and mentally guarded.

There are five ghosts he usually communicates with daily:

Antares the Halfling Bard is an exuberant halfling with an aptitude for singing and rhyming. If you ever hear Raz speaking to himself in the form of poetry, this is a sign he is chatting with Ant. When he is possessed by this spirit, he is extroverted and open. Antares also has a quote or jab at the ready at all times, and is the most respected and feared for his ability to verbally tear anyone down and is most likely to invade poor Razputin’s body during moments of passion, but that usually takes the form of an argument of some kind.

Ridlinus the Human Doctor is a calculating and cold master of medical practices, and Raz often practices his dagger techniques under his guidance due to the doctor’s plentiful knowledge of anatomy. He also debates strategy with Rid and makes sure to incorporate his opinion into his plans. This tack has only failed once or twice so an overall good record keeps their partnership going strong. His greatest chance to possess Razputin is when the boy is doing anything requiring complicated thought.

Dentoine the Tief Librarian is a scholar, albeit a dead one. He remembers lore from long ago, but is incredibly jealous of Raz’s access to all the newest literature through Elbion College. He often debates Raz, giving his perspective while also absorbing Raz’s newer way of thinking, and relays olden lore from his day in exchange for newer knowledge. He uses all his might to possess Raz when the boy is reading anything because the joy of reading an actual book is something he deeply misses. There is no real personality shift, he just tends to make Raz sound a bit more like a know-it-all.

Eolian the Drow Wizard is the eldest of the five and also the hardest to block out. During his time, he was a legend for having helped a party of himself and five others take out a death tyrant. This story is mostly forgotten, and even Raz himself didn’t totally believe it until directed to a book that told of the tale. He is knowledgeable of magic and sometimes shares his wisdom with Razputin, but he is overall a lover of the idea that learning takes patience and never gives out everything he knows to the boy, instead asking him to continue researching himself. Eolian drastically changes Raz in terms of physicality when he possesses him, making his movements older and slower and voice deeper. These takeovers sometimes happen when the boy practices magic or other mystical arts such as making potions.

Refia the Elven Translator

The only woman of the group and the only one who knows how to speak anything other than Trade and Common with the exception of Dentoine and Eolian (Infernal and Abyssal respectively), she is not only Raz's friend but his advisor on how to deal with Dwarves and Elves, teaching him words and phrases of the Elven and Dwarvish languages while also keeping some of the more energetic and eager ghosts in check. She doesn’t usually possess Raz under normal circumstances, and was in fact the first of his little retinue. Her seal of approval was why he had been able to meet any of the previous four at all.

Special Qualities: His ghosts that surround him are his spiritual focuses in terms of spell-casting, and they momentarily possess him when he is using a spell.

I have a few plot ideas myself, but I’d like to try him out in to first, so if anyone has anything they’re itching to try out, I’m all ears.

Saw your fate thread, and I'll be hopping in!

Be sure to make a character profile for Raz, and link it to his account profile!

You don't need to fill out the template completely, and you could even just slap what you have listed here into the profile and that would be plenty, till of course, you get the itch to update things or make edits.

Fun concept though! looking forward to seeing it in action.