Private Tales Marketplace Meeting

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
A white-haired woman, skin as white as snow made her way through the crowd. An armored sentry stood by her side, towering over the woman's small figure. Circe tucked a loose strand of hair behind her pointed ears. She stumbled slightly, finding it difficult to walk in high-heeled boots upon the uneven cobblestones. She huffed quietly, lifting up her elaborate gown. The pristine white trim was already becoming dirty with the mud and debris from the ground she walked.

Turning her gaze to her surroundings a slight smile made its way across her pale lips. A small laugh spilled, rolling over her tongue as her guard rolled his eyes. She didn't need this much protection, certainly not in a city like Alliria, or at least that's what she thought. Besides, when she would sneak out Circe always came back unharmed...mostly.

As the crowd thronged forward enclosing around her, she took her chance and darted away from her glorified babysitter in armor. Circe ducked through the crowd, trying not to bump into anyone. Being the small-statured, lithe woman that she was she was able to hide within the folds of the group. Making her way towards the stand the young lady picked up a scarlet red apple from one of the vendors' stands lining the outskirts.

"Pardon me," she glanced up at the surly merchant, his grey stubble dotting his chin and lower cheeks, "but how much for this?" Silently pointing to the price board hanging from the wooden poles Circe exchanged three small coins, cradling the fruit in her hands ever so gently.

She turned away, bowing slightly, a habit that she had acquired over years of living in the lap of luxury. "Thank you." Circe began to wander, well, more like skip, around the outdoor market, her eyes grazing over nearly every object and person in the large section of the city.

Not paying attention to where she was going Circe hummed nonchalantly, taking in the sights but not quite seeing everything that was in front of her. While her feet wobbled upon the ground her head was stuck in the clouds.

CountofCristo

Jack was wandering down the market street, he was in good spirits, as he had just received news that his daughter was pregnant and he could expect a grandchild. He walked cheerfully through the market, waving at the many people he recognized and whistling an old sailors tune.

He stopped at a small stall, ran by the widow of a friend of his. As usual, he overpaid for a few apples, much too her constant complaints. He bit into the apple and promised to visit her at home soon. He kept walking down the busy marketplace, limping with his left leg, and eating the apple.

He walked a little bit more and saw a tall man in armour searching for something, he jogged past Jack and kept going. Jack turned his head to watch him jog away quickly and walked backwards for a few steps, when the guard had left his sight, he turned back around and promptly ran into a well dressed women in white, he knocked her down, dropping his apples onto the street. He became instantly apologetic.

"Oh, ma'am, I'm sorry, my bad, please let me help you out, I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Jack said as he extended his hands and tried to help her up gently.

A small, pathetic squeal let loose from Circe's lips as she began to feel her body falling. Landing upon the cold, hard cobblestone, her dress crumpled and sprawled all around her. She winced gathering the flowing fabric up in her hands a bit red from the whole experience.

A masculine voice came from above her head. She quickly glanced down, seeing a number of apples scattered about her. Circe grumbled under her breath, not out of anger of being knocked down, but for her own clumsiness. Laughing nervously, her hands, which by the way were covered in light, filmy gloves, reached up to him and propped herself up with the other.

As she was being helped up her face was bright red. Circe exhaled shakily pasting a forced smile on her face. A bubbly laugh emitted from her, trying to make light of the embarrassing situation.

"Oh, well, it was my fault. I apologize for not paying attention, I was just off in my own little, imaginary world. I have a tendency to not be fully where I am." Stopping mid-though she shook her head and offered up yet another smile, "that makes no sense at all."

Circe stood up, brushing her now filthy dress off. "Oh, your apples!" Squatting down she began gathering the fruits in her arms before standing once again. "They're all filthy, perhaps I could buy you some more then?"

She tosses her head back gently, throwing her hair out of her face. Tucking the strand behind her pointy ear Circe handed the man the apples, her trademark, a shy smile on her face.

CountofCristo

Jack smiled and shook his head, smiling at the womens youthful beauty. He helped her stand and brushed her off lightly. He took the apples.

"No, no, it's fine, I'll just wash them off, I don't need to waste them, and I get it, I get lost in thought sometimes too." Jack brushes his hand on his pants and extends it. "I'm Jack Verone, it's a pleasure too meet you." He smiles and glances at her. "Might I add you remind me of my daughter?"

Jack smiles and thinks of his daughter "Mary my dear, it's like you're here." He thinks to himself.

Circe Carolingian

• Yay
Reactions: Circe Carolingian
"Are you sure? If they are bruised then I will happily purchase more. Here, have this apple." Circe placed her own apple in his outreached hand, a large smile on her face as she laughed. "I swear I didn't do anything to it. Please take this."

Circe smiled widely, bowing slightly. "I'm Circe, and it's a pleasure to meet you." She rubbed the back of her neck rather awkwardly, not quite sure how she should respond to his phrase.

"Well, I'm not sure whether that is a good or bad thing but thank you?" Her quiet laughter echoed through the marketplace. "Do you need any help getting home? Are you sure that you are not hurt?" She furrowed her eyebrows, obviously concerned by knocking the man over.

CountofCristo

Jack laughs and pulls his hand away. He spots the young girls awkwardness.

"Please, I'm the one that should be offering to help you, I knocked you down. And my comparison was very good, I love my daughter very much, almost more than my two sons." Jack says with a wink, that turns sad, he clears his throat. "Thank you but please, you keep the apple, might I ask what a pretty young girl like you is walking around alone in the market? You don't seem like the usual people here." Jack scratched his head and cleared his throat again. "Are you...nobility?"

Jack hoped not, the last thing he needed was to have knocked over the daughter of some noble, accident or otherwise. It's not like many people would notice Jacks disappearance for more than a couple days, then they'd adapt, like Jack had, so many times.

Circe Carolingian

She laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. Her eyes darted around, looking anywhere but at Jack's eyes. As he attempted to hand her the apple back she shook her head and waved her hands dismissively.

"No, no," an awkward giggle emitted from her, "I insist. I can always buy more apples, besides, I'm not particularly hungry." She danced around his question, not wanting to give a definite answer. "I'm here for the same reason everyone else is. I'm hungry and I needed fresh air."

She glanced around, spotting the silver tinted armor of her sentry. Circe took ahold of Jack, guiding him by his elbow to a more secluded place, a sort of alley. "Sorry, the sun was getting a bit too much for me. I'm quite sensitive. Anyways, you were saying?"

CountofCristo

"Well, that's very kind of you, thanks. And you answered all my questions, where are you walking? Allow me to walk with you," Jack smiles and interlocks his arm into hers and pats her hand. "I think you're the nicest person I've ever run into." Jack smiled at a someone he passed and uttered a hello to a few others that he knew. "So, where are you from dear?" Jack asks as they walk down the alleyway. He hums lightly as they walk.

Circe Carolingian

• Yay
Reactions: Circe Carolingian
"Oh, thank you but it's really ok." She laughs nervously, a bit concerned at the physical contact, not wanting her abilities to get in the way of a budding friendship. "To be completely honest I'm just a normal person like anyone else. Nothing all that special."

"Ah, nowhere all that important. Just around." She shrugs while giving him a vague answer. "I don't really need to go anywhere, I guess it's more like where I want to avoid. Perhaps we could retreat to a more secluded place?"

Vereshin

Jack smiles and nods. "I've met someone like you before." He pauses for a moment and keeps walking down the alley "If you want somewhere private, my house is nearby, we could hop over there, have some lunch." Jack turns out of the alley and begins walking in the direction of his house. "So...what noble house are you from? I wasn't born yesterday, I know a runaway lady when I see one."

Jack smiles lightly as they begin walking towards the docks,where his house is. As they walk, the houses slowly go from nice townhouses to smaller, three rooms houses.

Circe Carolingian

"Someone like me? How do you mean?" Circe carefully steered the conversation away from herself and focused on the older man. "Ah well, I wouldn't want to put you out or anything of the sort. I mean, after all, you've been extremely kind and understanding to me." She laughed off his next question, continually dodging them. "Oh, these houses are beautiful, so close to the ocean."

She inhaled the salty smell of the sea, sighing contentedly upon doing so. "Carolingian, it's my last name. We're not very notable."

CountofCristo

Jack smiles as they approach his own, small home. He takes a deep breath and waves at a few neighborhood kids playing in the grimy street.

"This is it, my little slice of paradise." He laughs as he opens the door. "Emphasis on little."

He walks inside and immediately is in the kitchen, it's more just a small room with a small, two chair table, a counter and a shelf with some food on it. to the left of the kitchen is a small set of stairs leading to a small bedroom with a dirty mattress. Further left of the stairs is a small room with two beds crammed.

"So, would you like something to eat? I have bread, chicken and some cheese. Oh, and apples." Jack limps his way over to the shelf and pulls down some bread, tearing the loaf in half and then putting a piece back and eating the other piece, he walks over to the kitchen table and sits down with a grunt. "Come in, come in, take a seat, stay as long as you want. Oh and by the way, the person you remind me of was this noble lady I met when I was 30, she was 24 and had run away from home. Her father was marrying her off to some older man and she was upset. So like we're doing now, I let her come home with me and stay at my place for the day." Jack's eyes go watery. "Only difference was Lillian was alive and Juns didn't hate me."

Circe Carolingian