Private Tales Magic under a microscope

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Alexandria Viacian

Raven Queen
Character Biography
Link
The western watchtower, the royal wing of castle Viacian.

Alexandria stood amid the magical circles, a pentagram with candles at it's points served to contain the magical energy she generated and worked tirelessly to perfect and shape it to fit her desires. An undulating globe of green energy floated in the air in the center of the pentagram, that same green glow was mimicked in her eyes and hands as she focused and manipulated the globe with miniscule hand motions and gestures. With a sharp gesture and a hissed exertion of will, and the physical composition of that green globe changed from an energy to an emerald liquid.

She sighed and left it to hover there as she stepped out of the circle, a maid came forward with a goblet of wine and presented it to her mistress, she took it and drank deeply and accepted the offered towel to wipe the sweat off her brow.

"Excellent work, my queen! Your power is truly a wonder to behold!"
The maid was young, as most of them were, and completely in awe of magic so her praise was genuine. Alexandria returned the empty goblet to her and examined her work. "I've not made any progress. Turning the raw magic into a liquid is simple, but I've yet to be able to advance it further into a gas."
Her words went over the young maids head but she didn't need to understand.
Alexandria learned this partially due to her tutors when she was younger, and partially due to a sorcerer she "entertained" while she was a slave. On a whim he decided to entertain her by showing off his magic, but she was watching and learning so that when she got a chance like now she could remember and reproduce what he showed her.

She had already learned how to modify the properties of the magic in its energetic form, allowing her to create beams of energy that could either burn, freeze, melt, terrify, calm, enrage or whatever else she desired. But a beam or a ball of energy with varying effects was fairly limited in its utility value and delivery system, in water form it opened up another avenue of utility exploration, but a gas was even more useful still.

"Summon Kriegslied. I require his counsel."
The maid bowed and left the goblet with another maid while she went to find Krieg.

Kriegslied

• Wonder
Reactions: Kriegslied
Krieg as a matter of fact was sitting in his room looking at a dragon egg he had managed to obtain without his uncle finding out thankfully. The egg’s side was cut open and an embryo moved within the egg. Above it a dropper dripping a liquid dripped onto the dragon embryo as it slept, fire somewhat erupted from the egg as a result before disappearing as quickly as it occured. The elf chuckles and rubs the side of the egg when the maid walks in.

“The Queen wishes to see you my lord.” The maid said bowing as Krieg sighs and stands up from his chair. “Call our queen, our highness when referring to her to me when she is not around and we are alone. Or better yet, her ladyship.” The spymaster tells the maid. His phoenix that was sleeping on the back of it stirs and chirps a moment as he walked away waving to the bird. It looks at the egg before getting comfortable again.

Krieg dismisses the maid to follow behind him as he knew where the Queen was. He knew where everyone was in the castle and the village outside of its walls. It was his job and he did it well.

Upon entering the room where Alexandria was he bows taking a quick glance at the liquid magic in the airs he did so, “You summoned me, my lady?”

Alexandria Viacian

Last edited:
  • Cheer
Reactions: Alexandria Viacian
“You summoned me, my lady?”
She was busy fiddling with the globe when he came in.
Prompt as always. She turned to him when he entered and motioned for him to stand.
"I need your counsel, Krieg. In advancing my magic I've hit a plateau, I can compound my magical energy into a liquid state and I could use some suggestions for what spells I can craft from that base, but more importantly I've been unable to advance it further to create a gas."
She indicated the hovering globe of green fluid, with a few arcane commands it turned to emerald ice, then a burning acid, a poison potion.
"I've been trying to determine how to physically modify it's properties like I did with the raw magic energy to create this, but it's proving troublesome."
She smiled coyly at him.
"Perhaps I just need some inspiration? Won't you tell me about your little projects with our prisoners? The spells I make could be relevant to our experiments."

Krieg looks at the globe that Alexandria was fiddling with before to get a slightly better idea as to what she had going on.

“Well my lady, right now I am using magic to alter people’s behavior, thoughts and memories with magic. Not through liquid such as this but through a gaseous state.” He tells Alexandria taking out a flask and opening its contents and a glowing purple liquid comes out of it. He crushes it in his hand and then he opens it again revealing the faint ourple glow of the now gaseous magic in the air. “Its magic in the end either way so all you need to do it make it behave the way you want it.”

“This isn’t actually the magic I have been using in them for obvious reasons my lady. It is a really slow project my lady since it messes with the mind. Kind of need to keep them normal in a few ways to avoid suspicion from outsiders.”
The elf had the magic form back into a liquid state and puts it back into the bottle.

“I also have been working on that dragon as well and it is going to be a special little ultimate weapon for you army, my lady, and I am using liquid cosmic magic on a drip for that. By the end of it when it does finish growing in a few months to its full size then... you can use it how you see fit.”

• Cthuloo
Reactions: Alexandria Viacian