Fable - Ask Laws of the Pack

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
"I personally have no preference. Remain or change as you will."

She spoke of helping, his words in response made her happy and eased her mood greatly. She would tell him about her healing ability when they were in his den, alone. "Do that and trust you will have. As for a major fight, it is possible, no, it is likely, but there is the possibility that it may be avoided. Though I doubt that will be the case. Fa... The Alpha is stubborn at times, and he is not frequently inclined to forgive. If you ask me conflict is inevitable."

She noticed his switch of words as he spoke of the alpha, but it was not her place to second guess his decision to use a different word. They chatted for a short time, her eyes wandering around to the others from time to time, ever curious about everything going on around her. After a time he seemed to finish, and handed her the collar. She took it in her pale hands gently, running her thumb slowly over the metal and leather before turning her sapphire eyes up to him as he spoke.

"Choose which form you'd prefer, because I don't recommend shifting while that's on."

She nodded and stood, shifting back. Should anything happen, should she rub someone the wrong way by her existence here, she would stand zero chance of fighting in human form. She would be dead before she likely had any inkling that there was an issue. As she shifted, the ebony fur sprouted from her pale flesh which was uncomfortable, but it was a feeling she had grown accustomed to. She grew a foot, her face extending to her elongated muzzle once again, her long black hair melting into the pelt already adorning her back. She shook off, settling her fur into place before opening the collar and resting it against her throat, turning her back to him trustingly, so he could fasten it. Her ears rested against her skull in obvious contempt of the idea of being collared, but submitting to the fact it had to be done. Her tail wagged slowly as she stayed, back to him, waiting for the collar to tighten, patiently.
Uhfred

• Popcorn
Reactions: Uhfred
She nodded and stood, shifting back. Should anything happen, should she rub someone the wrong way by her existence here, she would stand zero chance of fighting in human form. She would be dead before she likely had any inkling that there was an issue. As she shifted, the ebony fur sprouted from her pale flesh which was uncomfortable, but it was a feeling she had grown accustomed to. She grew a foot, her face extending to her elongated muzzle once again, her long black hair melting into the pelt already adorning her back. She shook off, settling her fur into place before opening the collar and resting it against her throat, turning her back to him trustingly, so he could fasten it. Her ears rested against her skull in obvious contempt of the idea of being collared, but submitting to the fact it had to be done. Her tail wagged slowly as she stayed, back to him, waiting for the collar to tighten, patiently.

He was getting a couple of mixed signals from the woman. After she shifted her ears were laid back, unhappy at being put in a collar, though at the same time her tail was wagging? Even if it was slow it was obvious. She allowed him to fasten it for her, turning around so that he might secure the buckle. So without making her wait he took each end and carefully slipped the leather through the buckle, and fastened it snugly but not tightly, enough to be felt on her throat, but nowhere near tight enough to choke her. He even made sure that it wasn't too tight by slipping a finger under the collar once it was fastened.

So with that business out of the way he said simply, "now, we can eat."

He went into the den for a moment and returned with a few more chunks of meat and what appeared to be a designated cooking stick. He put the meat on the sharpened and barkless stick then held it over the fire. He wasn't an expert cook by any means but he'd learned the basics.

"I feel I owe you an apology for how it is I greeted you back by the stream."

• Smug
Reactions: The Kimber
She swallowed dryly, removing her hands from the collar as he buckled it, his closeness behind her making her feel somewhat awkward though she knew not why. As he fastened the collar, she could tell he was being gentle and his finger slipping between her pelt and the collar proved that he was making a point to be sure she was comfortable. Her ears relaxed at the reality of it and once he was done she turned and smiled softly, bringing her hands back to it to feel it. She forced a slight laugh. “Who knows… maybe I will like this.” She said with an innocent smirk and wink, trying to make light of the situation.

"now, we can eat."

She smiled brightly, following him into the den, then back out. She watched him closely, she was raised by a human, she knew how to cook pretty well. She knelt besides him quietly, a little closer than she’d meant to, quickly fixing that fact by scooting a little bit away.

“When I am deemed trustworthy, I can show you herbs, and berries to season meat and add other things to your meals… if you’d like. I was raised by a human… who deemed himself to great a person to cook for himself so I cooked a lot.” She laughed softly.

"I feel I owe you an apology for how it is I greeted you back by the stream."

She shrugged, her ears perked as she watched the fire, tail still wagging. “It is alright. I was not raised around wolves, so, I too apologize if my actions are different than the standard for your… our kind. I am going based off my interactions with humans and pure instinct.”

She stood, stretching her legs slightly as she looked around. “You live here alone?” she asked curiously, surprised no mate had come home yet. As she stood, watching the fire, she drug her tongue over her muzzle idly.
Uhfred

Last edited:
  • Bless
She forced a slight laugh. “Who knows… maybe I will like this.” She said with an innocent smirk and wink, trying to make light of the situation.

He rolled his eyes, "Oddly enough, many females do. You'll find it not uncommon for them to be collared, Some even find it comfortable. I have no idea why, but apparently its far from displeasing for them, at least from what they've told me."

He seemed genuine in his words, and not really hiding his uncertainty. He didn't know that much about it, so he took the word of those who did.

When I am deemed trustworthy, I can show you herbs, and berries to season meat and add other things to your meals… if you’d like. I was raised by a human… who deemed himself to great a person to cook for himself so I cooked a lot.” She laughed softly.

He smiled at her, "That would be lovely. I myself am far from an expert cook so I apologize for how bad this is going to taste."

She shrugged, her ears perked as she watched the fire, tail still wagging. “It is alright. I was not raised around wolves, so, I too apologize if my actions are different than the standard for your… our kind. I am going based off my interactions with humans and pure instinct.”

"It's no issue. And I was the aggressor so you have nothing to apologize for."

She stood, stretching her legs slightly as she looked around. “You live here alone?” she asked curiously, surprised no mate had come home yet. As she stood, watching the fire, she drug her tongue over her muzzle idly.

"Yes I do. You're the first to live her with me since I had to watch the human who taught us cooking."

"Oddly enough, many females do. You'll find it not uncommon for them to be collared, Some even find it comfortable. I have no idea why, but apparently its far from displeasing for them, at least from what they've told me."

She chuckled at the roll of his eyes, and the seeming confusion at the reality of some females. She herself had seen human women wearing collars like jewelry, strutting around with men like cats in heat. She had never understood it either, so she understood his confusion.

"That would be lovely. I myself am far from an expert cook so I apologize for how bad this is going to taste."

She laughed, she had eaten bugs since being on her own, she doubted anything would taste worse than the squishy, slimy grubs that popped in her mouth as she bit down upon them. She shuddered a little at the though, grimacing a little.

"It's no issue. And I was the aggressor so you have nothing to apologize for. She smiled lightly and nodded. She didn't deem it necessary to argue over that. They both acted as they felt was needed at the moment. She held no grudge over it.

"Yes I do. You're the first to live her with me since I had to watch the human who taught us cooking."

She was somewhat surprised that he was unmated, it was a pleasant surprise, she was happy she would not have another female around her, constantly on her ass as well about being an outsider. She had the whole pack, but not in the safety of his den, there at least it would only be him breathing down her back.

She smiled softly, watching him finish cooking for a moment before stepping just a step or two away to look around. Her eyes caught a pack mate of his watching her closely and she quickly stepped backwards to be closer to him again, knowing she'd better not push her luck.

She laughed faintly as she scooted back to him. "Well, I will try not to be too big of a pain in the ass for you. " she giggled

Uhfred

Last edited:
She was somewhat surprised that he was unmated, it was a pleasant surprise, she was happy she would not have another female around her, constantly on her ass as well about being an outsider. She had the whole pack, but not in the safety of his den, there at least it would only be him breathing down her back.

She smiled softly, watching him finish cooking for a moment before stepping just a step or two away to look around. Her eyes caught a pack mate of his watching her closely and she quickly stepped backwards to be closer to him again, knowing she'd better not push her luck.

She laughed faintly as she scooted back to him. "Well, I will try not to be too big of a pain in the ass for you. " she giggled

Her statement of trying not to be too annoying was amusing at least. "I don't think you can annoy me too much, especially with the threat of a leash over your head." He answered with a grin. "I have every confidence that you will behave yourself. Unless punishment is your aim."

This was mostly said to lighten the mood further, though it did have a bit of truth in it. There were a few wolves who watched her closely and with suspicion, but ultimately they left them alone. Her moving closer also gave him something to chuckle about, "Don't worry, they won't do you any harm unless you are blatantly aggressive. We don't really have a prison, so any prisoners taken are held by the one who caught them. In other words, I'm the only one who can do anything to you without someone else's consent or extenuating circumstances, if anyone wanted you disciplined they'd speak with me first or face discipline themselves."

• Smug
"I don't think you can annoy me too much, especially with the threat of a leash over your head. I have every confidence that you will behave yourself. Unless punishment is your aim."

She chuckled softly at the idea, shaking her head slightly as she side eyed him. "Nah, I am good thank you. I shall aim for not needing to be punished. Save us both the hassle of answering to others.

"Don't worry, they won't do you any harm unless you are blatantly aggressive. We don't really have a prison, so any prisoners taken are held by the one who caught them. In other words, I'm the only one who can do anything to you without someone else's consent or extenuating circumstances, if anyone wanted you disciplined they'd speak with me first or face discipline themselves."

She chuckled again, nodding faintly. "Lucky you then, stuck watching me. It could be worse I suppose." she smiled softly moving a little away again to look around some. She lifted her nose, scenting the air again, familiarizing herself with the scents around. Her sapphire eyes befell the Alpha again, he was looking at her, her ears turned to rest against her skull, submissive and unnerved, but she didn't skitter back to Baraek this time, she simply tore her eyes from the alpha and continued looking around curiously. She made sure to stay close enough that a quick dash would get her back to Baraek's side easily, just in case.

Uhfred

Last edited:
  • Sip
She chuckled again, nodding faintly. "Lucky you then, stuck watching me. It could be worse I suppose." she smiled softly moving a little away again to look around some. She lifted her nose, scenting the air again, familiarizing herself with the scents around. Her sapphire eyes befell the Alpha again, he was looking at her, her ears turned to rest against her skull, submissive and unnerved, but she didn't skitter back to Barack this time, she simply tore her eyes from the alpha and continued looking around curiously. She made sure to stay close enough that a quick dash would get her back to Baraek's side easily, just in case.

"I could most certainly be worse couldn't it." He affirmed.

He kept most of his focus on the meat to avoid burning it, but he dutifully watched her too. She was his charge after all, if she got away or did something it was on his head for not keeping her under control. The alpha watched her from afar, only sparing a few minutes to watch her as she moved ever so slightly further away from Baraek.

She'd be left for a good fifteen minutes before he finally announced that the meat was done. He gave her two of the four chunks, and began to tear into his own food. For the first time she'd see his tail in a slow wag of it's own, apparently he loved the taste of cooked meat.

"I noticed that you use a bow. Might I ask how good you are?"

• Thoughtful
"I could most certainly be worse couldn't it."

She wandered just slightly, stretching her muzzle slowly out toward another den close by to sniff it, curious if these homes had different materials that made them up, or if all were basically the same. After a short time Barack advised the meat was done and she moved back to him quietly, her ears once again raised, perked forward as he handed her the two pieces of meat. He began to eat happily, a slight wag of his tail beginning to show he was at least a little more comfortable. He liked his cooked meat and she watched as he ate. She ate slowly, offering her second piece of meat to him when he finished his, continuing to eat hers slowly. Once done, she drug her tongue slowly over her muzzle, washing away anything left from her meal.

"I noticed that you use a bow. Might I ask how good you are?"

She smiled softly and shrugged. "I am ok, I taught myself behind my fathers back. I am a decent shot, I have hit birds in flight, though I am not sure how that compares to people whom have actually been taught and trained."

She looked to the sky quietly, smiling. She was unnerved a little, being in a strange place, surrounded by wolven who did not trust her. But, she was comfortable close to Baraek, while he was in charge of making sure she behaved, he too seemed to be quiet capable of making sure she was safe, and she appreciated that fact.

Uhfred

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
She wandered just slightly, stretching her muzzle slowly out toward another den close by to sniff it, curious if these homes had different materials that made them up, or if all were basically the same. After a short time Barack advised the meat was done and she moved back to him quietly, her ears once again raised, perked forward as he handed her the two pieces of meat. He began to eat happily, a slight wag of his tail beginning to show he was at least a little more comfortable. He liked his cooked meat and she watched as he ate. She ate slowly, offering her second piece of meat to him when he finished his, continuing to eat hers slowly. Once done, she drug her tongue slowly over her muzzle, washing away anything left from her meal.

She offered him her second chunk but he refused, she needed to eat too. Besides, gluttony was one path to starvation. So he let her eat her meat, he too wiping his face with his tongue, licking what oils or remaining pieces of meat that were left on his lips.

She smiled softly and shrugged. "I am ok, I taught myself behind my fathers back. I am a decent shot, I have hit birds in flight, though I am not sure how that compares to people whom have actually been taught and trained."

He nodded, "Makes sense, though I'm surprised you don't carry a sword or at least a dagger. Those being more nimble weapons than the bow."

she gazed at the sky and he watched her for a moment as she did so. Still uncomfortable, but clearly much less threatened than she was before. Her looking up also allowed him a clear view of the collar that now looped her neck. She might not like wearing it but he was always of the opinion that they complimented a female's appearance, despite his confusion at them not minding the presence of one. He didn't stare long though, and he turned his attention to the campfire, adding more fuel to keep it burning.

• Smug
She ate the second piece of meat upon his denial of partaking in it so it would not go to waste. She was used to eating meager meals, even before being on her own she ate very little, just whatever her father didn't want usually. She'd attempted to make more a few times to be sure she got a decent amount, only to get a lashing for being wasteful so she learned quick not to take that route.

"Makes sense, though I'm surprised you don't carry a sword or at least a dagger. Those being more nimble weapons than the bow."

She smiled faintly "I wouldn't know what to do with them if I did since I am largely self taught everything I know. I have claws and teeth for close contact fighting, if it comes to that. Keeping it from becoming that though, with my bow, is my preference."

She turned her eyes back to him as he was focused on the fire. She smiled softly, tail wagging slowly. "So how many are in your pack... and, why would another pack come for yours? Isn't there enough land for everyone? Or, are there other reasons for fighting?" She tilted her head as she asked the question, her ignorance about the ways of their kind showing.

Uhfred

She smiled faintly "I wouldn't know what to do with them if I did since I am largely self taught everything I know. I have claws and teeth for close contact fighting, if it comes to that. Keeping it from becoming that though, with my bow, is my preference."

He shrugged, "Just curious."

She turned her eyes back to him as he was focused on the fire. She smiled softly, tail wagging slowly. "So how many are in your pack... and, why would another pack come for yours? Isn't there enough land for everyone? Or, are there other reasons for fighting?" She tilted her head as she asked the question, her ignorance about the ways of their kind showing.

"We are fifty in number, not counting pups. Twelve males, thirty eight females. As for why another pack is coming, there could be any number of reasons. They need food could be an answer. I doubt they're here for us specifically. As for fighting, well, we're a competitive species, and merging of two packs is highly unlikely, bordering on impossible as it's impossible to turn a wolf on it's pack, and the competing two often simply can't reach a consensus, since the only way to prosper is to dominate, and neither side is willing to submit, so it comes to war, and only ends when one pack is destroyed." He explained. "So we can expect this particular conflict to be short but bloody."

• Nervous
"Just curious." He answered and she nodded. It was rapidly becoming dusk, the activity around was slowing a little. She hadn't seen pups, they had likely been kept away from her as she was untrusted and even her instinct told her that the young were important to most species and usually highly guarded.

"We are fifty in number, not counting pups. Twelve males, thirty eight females. As for why another pack is coming, there could be any number of reasons. They need food could be an answer. I doubt they're here for us specifically. As for fighting, well, we're a competitive species, and merging of two packs is highly unlikely, bordering on impossible as it's impossible to turn a wolf on it's pack, and the competing two often simply can't reach a consensus, since the only way to prosper is to dominate, and neither side is willing to submit, so it comes to war, and only ends when one pack is destroyed. So we can expect this particular conflict to be short but bloody."

She nodded with a slight frown, the words he spoke made sense, nature was cruel and unfortunately did not make things easy. She drug her tongue over her muzzle slowly again before speaking.

“I am not trained in fighting… but… I do have a few tricks up my sleeve that can help if I am allowed. My healing ability is not normal but it somehow works and I am willing to do whatever I can for you, I mean your pack.” She wasn’t one of the pack, though she hoped maybe she could be at some point. These were her kind, sort of. They were more her kind than anything she’d been around thus far and she felt comfortable around them, even though she had to be cautious as they did not trust her. She felt like, eventually, she could call this pack family. He and his pack could have easily killed her but they brought her into their territory and gave her food and a roof over her head, be it, collared or not.

Uhfred

• Bless
“I am not trained in fighting… but… I do have a few tricks up my sleeve that can help if I am allowed. My healing ability is not normal but it somehow works and I am willing to do whatever I can for you, I mean your pack.”

He smiled her way, "That is most certainly reassuring. Something tells me you will do well here."

Dusk came and the sky began to darken, the first stars peaking through the twilight sky. He stood up and said, "We should get some sleep. At least you should, I should stay up a little longer in case the encroachers happen by."

He motioned for her to follow him inside. He told her to take the bedroll, while he fetched a long leather cord from his pile of extra materials. With this cord he linked her collar to the ribcage that held up the roof. It was long enough to give her a fair amount of freedom, though not enough to stand up without leaning over. This was likely how her first several nights would be spent.

"Sleep well Sephrina, I'll see you in the morning."

• Thoughtful
"That is most certainly reassuring. Something tells me you will do well here."

She smiled at his statement, it was comforting for sure and they sat in silence for a short while before he spoke again, as the stars began making their presence known. He stood and she followed suite, stretching her back slightly as she turned her eyes towards him.

"We should get some sleep. At least you should, I should stay up a little longer in case the encroachers happen by."

She nodded softly. She was a bit tired to be honest so his suggestion was a welcome one. Tomorrow was another day closer to her being accepted here. She followed him, looking to his bed as he told her to sleep there, she nodded quietly, assuming he had another that he'd lay out when he was ready. As she watched him quietly he grabbed a leather cord and walked to her, reaching for her collar.

She tensed slightly, she knew this was how it would be, but it didn't make it much easier, it was still a bit frustrating, to be tied up like a pet. She said nothing, swallowing dryly as she lifted her chin to give him access. The lifting of her chin in itself was a submissive motion, exposing her throat trustingly to him. Once the cord was attached to the collar he moved to the ribcage, she followed lowering herself to her knees on his bed as he tied the other end to a rib. She rose a hand to the cord and tested it slightly for a second before letting go and turning to him at the door.

"Sleep well Sephrina, I'll see you in the morning."

"Night.... Baraek"
she said softly as she lay down slowly... She rested her head on her hands, letting her eyes fall closed as she tried to relax, but she did not find sleep to come easily. She lifted her head and listened to the sounds around the territory closely.

Uhfred

• Popcorn
She tensed slightly, she knew this was how it would be, but it didn't make it much easier, it was still a bit frustrating, to be tied up like a pet. She said nothing, swallowing dryly as she lifted her chin to give him access. The lifting of her chin in itself was a submissive motion, exposing her throat trustingly to him. Once the cord was attached to the collar he moved to the ribcage, she followed lowering herself to her knees on his bed as he tied the other end to a rib. She rose a hand to the cord and tested it slightly for a second before letting go and turning to him at the door.

He noticed her tense up as he reached forward to attach the cord to her collar. But obediently she lifted her chin to give him access, and he made sure to be quick in his work. He made sure to attach it to the rib closest to her to give her the most slack. Her testing the cord would result in the revelation that there was no fault in his knots and the cord was strong. Mayhaps not strong enough to hold her back if she were really determined to break out, but strong enough to hold her in place firmly enough for the intended purpose.

"Night.... Baraek" she said softly as she lay down slowly... She rested her head on her hands, letting her eyes fall closed as she tried to relax, but she did not find sleep to come easily. She lifted her head and listened to the sounds around the territory closely.

He was outside the den for several hours after, his thick warbow at the ready should any of the encroachers appear. Mercifully, they did not make an appearance. When the moon reached its zenith, Baraek retired, going into the den and leaning against the wall to sleep until morning.

• Sip
She heard nothing, for the time before she finally fell asleep. She had no way of knowing how long she'd rested when she heard footfalls and she opened her eyes, her muscles tightening ready to move should she need to. Baraek walked in quietly and leaned against the wall to sleep. She tilted her head a little, her assumption had been incorrect as he did not lay out another bed. She got her hands and knees and scooted closer to the ribs, giving up some of the bedroll.

"If you'd like to lay down, I won't bite."
She said lightly as she lay back down, giving him room should he choose to take it. She lowered her head again and closed her eyes, letting him decide, and take his time doing so. She attempted to go back to sleep quietly.

Uhfred

• Cthuulove
"If you'd like to lay down, I won't bite." She said lightly as she lay back down, giving him room should he choose to take it. She lowered her head again and closed her eyes, letting him decide, and take his time doing so. She attempted to go back to sleep quietly.

He smiled thankfully, "No, I'll make a new one tomorrow. I could never deprive a lady of bedspace."

And with that, he closed his eyes to sleep. The following morning he woke with the dawn, as he usually did, and got to work cooking breakfast for the two of them, letting her sleep if her eyes were still shut. If she didn't wake up before the food was ready, he'd leave two chunks of cooked meat beside her while he left to take care of business, he still had prey to catch so he needed to speak with the alpha on whether or not to pursue prey, or to look for the encroachers.

He'd be back roughly an hour after leaving. If she were still asleep then, he'd gently shake her awake.

• Cthuulove
She woke on and off throughout the night, used to such a sleep schedule as out in the wilds for the last 4 years alone, she often had to make sure she was safe. She slipped into a deep sleep early in the morning, the scent of meat cooking waking her senses. She lifted her head, moving to sit on her heels again as she moved her hand to the rope attached to her collar slowly. She looked to the den door, but couldn't go out until he allowed it.

Blinking tired eyes she noticed the meat besides the bedroll. She smiled faintly, she wasn't quite hungry though she forced herself to eat one of the chunks of meat. She shook her pelt slightly when she was done, slowly sitting and crossing her legs to wait quietly as she looked around the den quietly. Nothing had changed since the night past, but she had nothing else to do but wait for him to come release her.

Uhfred

• Popcorn
He came back in and saw her kneeling there. He hadn't seen anyone sit like that before, and she did it frequently. Maybe it was something that people from her hometown normally did. It wasn't that important, just an interesting detail to see.

He approached her with a, "Good morning. Sleep well?"

He undid the cord, letting her off of it before detaching it from the rib-wall. He'd coil up the leather cord and once it was tied shut he slipped it over the sheath of one of his swords to keep it handy. He offered a hand to help her stand up.

"We have two tasks. One is to bring back a buck or two for the pack, and the second is to search to the east for the encroachers." He handed her her bow and the quiver that went with it, "I hope you're ready to hunt."

• Ctuhlu senpai
Her ears perked forward as she heard footsteps outside and then he was there. She smiled softly as he walked to her, a soft "Good morning. Sleep well?" escaping his maw as he moved to her neck, untying the rope. This time, she did not flinch as he reached for her throat, she simply lifted her head to give him access again.

"I slept as well as I usually do." She said with a soft smile which brought the corners of her muzzle up. She took a deep breath of his scent as he was so close, curiously. She watched him coil the cord around the sheath of his sword before he offered her a hand to help her up. She took his hand quietly, straightening her legs, stretching and arching her back as she stretched fully, lifting her arms.

"We have two tasks. One is to bring back a buck or two for the pack, and the second is to search to the east for the encroachers. I hope you're ready to hunt."

She took her bow and quiver quietly, hanging the quiver over her shoulder as she smiled. "A hunt sounds good. Searching for bad guys, doesn't sound as appealing" She laughed "But if it needs to be done, I will be happy to help."

@ohfred

• Smug
"I slept as well as I usually do." She said with a soft smile which brought the corners of her muzzle up. She took a deep breath of his scent as he was so close, curiously. She watched him coil the cord around the sheath of his sword before he offered her a hand to help her up. She took his hand quietly, straightening her legs, stretching and arching her back as she stretched fully, lifting her arms.

He took a moment to think, did that mean she slept well or not well? He shrugged, if she wanted to tell him, she'd tell him. His mind was quickly distracted from that though when she inhaled deeply through her nose, maybe making sure to memorize his scent. It wasn't odd among wolves to do that, but it was unexpected at that moment.

Obligingly she took his hand and stood up. He let her stretch before continuing.

She took her bow and quiver quietly, hanging the quiver over her shoulder as she smiled. "A hunt sounds good. Searching for bad guys, doesn't sound as appealing" She laughed "But if it needs to be done, I will be happy to help."

"Then let us get the unpleasant job out of the way first." He said, slinging his own bow over his back.

He'd lead her out of the hilldens, a place that could really only be described as a village. And they went to the east, which brought them higher into the mountains of the Spine. They didn't run like they did when coming to the village, but it was a far slower but still purposeful pace, sniffing the air frequently and actively searching for any signs of others.

"What's it like?" He asked, "Being without a pack? I can't imagine not having anyone I can count on. It must have been hard."

• Smug
"Then let us get the unpleasant job out of the way first." She laughed softly and nodded, putting her bow over her shoulder as well as they headed out. She walked softly on her ebony paw-feet as they walked, her steps quieter than hers, though this was likely not too noticeable to him, it was something that stuck out like a sore thumb to her.

They trotted lightly as they slipped out of the village, she was grateful she didn’t have the leash on for this run as she stayed a step behind him respectfully, following him and scenting the air on occasion, matching him. Searching for the scent of other wolves, or of deer. As they trotted, slowing to a walk he asked

"What's it like? Being without a pack? I can't imagine not having anyone I can count on. It must have been hard."

She shrugged a little. “You learn to count on yourself. I never learned anything different to be honest. My Mother was gone when I was young and my father only used me for the things he wanted and needed, meals, a clean house, blood. If I had not provided those things for him he would have likely had me drowned as a pup. You learn what you can and can not eat on the road, you learn what nature provides.”

She lifted her head to the sky, and stopped in her tracks, her ears perked forward as she looked around. She smelled a deer, though it smelled female. She turned her sapphire eyes towards him curiously before stepping closer.

“Deer not far… though a solitary Doe from the scent, not likely worth much to a pack of your size.”

Uhfred

• Cry
She shrugged a little. “You learn to count on yourself. I never learned anything different to be honest. My Mother was gone when I was young and my father only used me for the things he wanted and needed, meals, a clean house, blood. If I had not provided those things for him he would have likely had me drowned as a pup. You learn what you can and can not eat on the road, you learn what nature provides.”

It sounded kinda sad really. The life she had growing up. Growing up in the pack was no walk in the park but he wasn't alone, there was always a sense of brotherhood with his fellow pups when he was young. He could hardly imagine what it was like. "I'm sorry."

She lifted her head to the sky, and stopped in her tracks, her ears perked forward as she looked around. She smelled a deer, though it smelled female. She turned her sapphire eyes towards him curiously before stepping closer.

“Deer not far… though a solitary Doe from the scent, not likely worth much to a pack of your size.”

"It's a full animal, that means it's worth something." He said to her, he gestured then for her to lead. "you caught it's scent, it's your quarry. Go ahead, hunt."

• Nervous
"I'm sorry."

She nodded softly, she wasn’t fussed about her past, it made her whom she was today, though the prospect of having a pack was definitely exciting to her. It would be a long process, she knew it, she would start at the bottom no doubt, but it would be worth it.

“It's a full animal, that means it's worth something. You caught it's scent, it's your quarry. Go ahead, hunt."

She nodded, she hadn’t taken down such large prey, when she was alone, there was no point in killing an animal it would take a week to eat. It would bring scavengers to her, and she alone could not protect it, so she never hunted such large game. She’d eaten deer many a time of course but never killed one. As she krept towards the scent she moved the bow to her hand and brought forth 2 arrows from her quiver, nocking them slowly. She had taught herself to shoot 2 arrows at the same time early on, a technique she wanted to know more for protection than hunting, but she figured if she could sink two arrows into her prey, it’d be more likely to go down without a fuss.

As she crept forward the doe came into her sight. She stopped as it lifted it’s head, looking around before lowering it’s head back to the grass it was eating. She crept a little closer, but did not want to push her luck. She pulled back on the bowstring, the two arrows nocked with a small space between them so they would shoot straight and not push each other off course. She narrowed her eyes as she pulled back on the string and released. The arrows whistled as the flew, one hit the doe square in the chest, the other however missed. The doe grunted, digging its feet into the ground before turning to bolt away. The doe’s legs buckled beneath her and she dropped after a few feet, the arrow having found solace, luckily, in the heart.

Seph was a bit shocked at herself and she ran towards where the doe went down, checking the animals heart. It kicked at her, it’s body still functioning in its death throes. She lifted the doe’s head, slitting it’s throat with her claw to bleed the doe as well. She lifted her head, looking in the direction that she’d left Baraek. She was a bit embarrassed both arrows didnt hit, but she did not dwell on it long.

Uhfred

• Popcorn