Private Tales Landing: Alliria

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Kikwi was looking forward to seeing the "captured moment." He wondered if it would be like a painting or if it could be seen in full, with depth and the wind and sea.

"Well I'm not sure," Kikwi said, putting a small clawed hand to his beak in thought, "But I should think at least some of them would be different. Come, I'll show you!" He started off through the crowd, beckoning the giant and her thunderer to follow.

It was just a short distance, perhaps a few streets over, but the coastline formed a natural cove. A protected area with shallow waters where many schools of jewel-like fish could be seen. They weren't much to eat, but they were extraordinarily beautiful.

The possibility of fish diversity was endless, and the little bay of assembled fish was quite an eyecatcher.
Some were pink, others yellow, some were pale white and black-striped.
Aofinta pointed at some of the fish.
»What are they called? They're marvellous! « No sooner she pulled out a small sketchpad and a characoal rod, sketching out as many as she could.

Kikwi was delighted to see someone else with a taste for documenting nature, and he clicked his beak excitedly as Aofinta began to draw.

"I don't know what the locals call them," he said thoughtfully, "but I have given a few of them names of my own. Those skinny blue ones are wraprakes, because they keep twisting around each other. And those are called ruby-gills because... well because their gills are red."

He sat down next to the bay and let his feet dangle in the warm water. Some of the wraprakes came and nibbled at his toes, and he was happy to let them.

The giantess began to write down the names, though the writing was illegible to anyone but herself.
Her heart already raced in excitement, her desire was quick to return home and tell her of these marvellous animals and people. Yet why return to soon when there is still so much to see!
OH, it was too hard when you were just one person.

»I think all names are valid, as long as they communicate well,«

Kikwi nodded, reassured by her praise. Sometimes the names just came to him, other times it was not so easy.

"Do you have a favorite fish, where you are from? I like the ones with long frilly fins here, but they're venemous."

• Yay
Reactions: Aofinta
»Hmmm, « the giantess leaned back, setting her sketchbook on her lap for a brief moment.
»We call it the Ikhahi Ngaruta.« But a word meant nothing. She pondered for a bit while drawing around, slightly elongated torso which is striped, before drawing a large frilled fin.
»Fire tiger fish,« she finally came up with a suitable translation.
»Or a fire cat fish.«

Kikwi marvelled at the illustration. "Ohh! It is beautiful!"

He looked at the drawing and then back to the giantess. He couldn't stop thinking about the fancy crystal she had used to capture their image. Such a thing would be marvelous for documenting his findings, so much more accurate than simple sketches.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get your fancy crystal?"

»...They are collected from the darkest caves back home and stored in black furs. The spelunkers say they can feel the presence of a crystal in such darkness as if they are alive.«
She leaned back, gazing around.

»I don't think caves are truly inanimate.«