Private Tales Hunting the Rumor

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"Thank you for the compliment" she said kindly, although she had trouble trusting others she didn't have any trouble with Jaken,

"Likable or not, i choose to remain unlikable, i already had enough trouble in life as it is." she stated, she used to like having friends, family, but after so long she grew cold and despised humanity,
but she enjoyed the company of others rarely.

"I can understand that feeling, but for 71 years it take a toll on you" she said "Though i have to say i miss rose," she fiddled with her wedding ring a bit "She made me very happy, comforted me when i thought about my family, we were only married for 5 years..." she trailed off, thinking about her wife made her depressed.

"Five years may seem long to others, but to me it felt like only yesterday that we were married." Lara said as she looked at the sky.

Jaken stayed silent to Lara's marriage backstory. Losing someone you love is never easy. The selfish wish of them being with you is always in your head and you can't get rid of it or rip it off. It just stays there. Minutes later, Jaken decided to return the favor. "I was 16 years old." he began "My family and I were on a hike to celebrate my old man's birthday. That son of a bitch, I will never forget him. I had a connection with him. A bond, well, with my whole family. That night we decided to camp, when I woke up, werewolves were attacking them. My sisters and me ran for our lives, but the werewolves caught them. That's how I got bit." he explained "I tried to hunt down the pack that killed my family, never found them. So I gave up, and this the life I've known for 7 years. I'm sure that someday, we will be reunited with the ones we love." he stated.
They continued riding on the horse when dusk came.
"Let's stay here and get some rest." he suggested. They were on a forest, they had to take another way, a shortcut, time was gold. Jaken prepared everything for a night: campfire, sleeping bags, food "Let's sleep now."

"You sleep, i must practice my magic" Lara said, a black butterfly flew onto her hand turning itself into her prized staff, a black jewel attached to it with silver vines wrapped around staff.

"Also, i do hope you see your loved ones someday, me? well that is not an option for someone like me."
She said in a solemn tone, her red eye glowing a dark shade, almost like blood, she walked to a small clearing next to the campsite, black butterflies circling her, she removed her cloak and began to practice dark magic, and her summoning.

Some of the black butterflies circled Jaken, "Also, no matter what don't kill those butterflies." she said in a stern voice, "They are a part of me, killing them hurts, i already had to deal with an idiot killing one out of curiosity! It didn't help i had food poisoning!" she said, that day was horrible!

She was curled up in bed for weeks! pain all over her body and she couldn't even eat anything due to not being able to keep it down! It was hard for her not to kill the man....But he did help get her a place to sleep,
so she could study in peace, as well as hide from guards, so she spared him, not without a slap to the wrist though.

Jaken watched the butterflies circle around him. It was in a way beatifull. Black butterflies circling around a person. Usually it would be orange butterflies in a happy-go-lucky forest in broad daylight. But his was a dark one in night time.
"Then I guess I'll keep that in mind." he said in response to the butterfly effect "No killing these gothic butterflies, got it."
He laid down and closed his eyes, letting the butterflies wings put him to sleep. And so they did.

Jaken was in an empty dark void, he knew this was a dream. The weird thing is that this dreams were rare, where he was actually conscious inside his own head. Those dremas that you can remember when waking up. The void was infinite and any sound would echo. Jaken walked though it, not sure what to do. He only had his clothes on. His weapons were nowhere to be found. He kept walking in the void, waiting to wake up. But then, something made him stop dead. He wasn't sure what it was. But something told him to stay still. He heard voices. Distant ones, he could not understand them, but they were saying something. Jaken focused on listening to them. He focused hard enough to understand one male voice.
"Kill her." Jaken heard "Kill her. Kill her. Kill her. Kill her. Kill her." other voices joined.
"Kill her. Kill her. Kill her. Kill her. Kill her."
Jaken couldn't stand it. There were too many voices in his head telling to kill her. And his arm was burning up. "SHUT UP!!!" he roared, putting his hands on his ears trying to block any sound to enter. He felt his body shifting into the werewolf's, both in his dream and on reality. While Lara was doing her thing, Jaken grunted and started to transform, slowly. Almost ripping his clothes apart.

"Jaken?" Lara heard a noise, she looked in his direction, Oh dear.. she ran over and tried to wake him but saw him transforming, "Jaken wake up damn it!" she yelled.

Fuck crap shit! cursing like a sailor in her head, she panicked "Ugh.." she grunted as a result,
she commanded her butterflies to return to her they soon vanished, and she casted an invisibility spell on herself.

She grabbed a bucket and filled it with water, walking back to Jaken she poured it on him as a response.

"Wake. Up. Jaken." she said in a pissed off voice, IF I HAVE TO FIGHT YOU I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD, YOU'RE MY FRIEND I CARE FOR YOU BUT GODDAMN IT! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! she thought as she poured the water on him.

"Wake. Up. Jaken."
Jaken felt a cold liquid being poured on him. It brought him back. With the strenght of a werewolf (even though he was stillll in his human form, Jaken got up and pinned Lara to the ground. He growled at her. His eyes were blue, meaning that he was close enough to shift into the werewolf. Jaken soon get his senses back, realizing what he had done. "Oh my God!!" he said, backing up from Lara "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I-I-I-I don't know what happened to me. I just.... I just had a nightmare." he sighed in relief "Did you really had to pour cold water on me?" he asked as he looked his clothes "I'll have to let these dry." he said, taking his clothes off again, hiding behind a tree and trandforming into the furry wolf. He then hung up his clothes on a branch nearby. "Sorry if I freaked you out." he said "It was an intense, yet simple nightmare." he rubbed the mark in his arm, which was still burning up "Maybe this caused it." he looked up, thinking "Maybe this mark gave the nightmare, after all it was something magical. So I guess it should happen." he laid back down.
He took a deep breath.

Being pinned to the ground, she looked at Jaken.
"Oh my God!!" he said, backing up from Lara "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I-I-I-I don't know what happened to me. I just.... I just had a nightmare."

"I can tell" she said regaining her cold attitude, she looked at Jaken, she was concerned, being tackled like that wasn't pleasant but still she cared for the wolf, her first friend in ages.

"Did you really had to pour cold water on me?" he asked as he looked his clothes "I'll have to let these dry."

"Well, would you have rather stayed asleep, and almost rip me to shreds?" she commented harshly, "Don't complain i was freaking out, had i not, you could have done something you might regret" she said in a tone of voice that was very harsh on the ears, she sat down on a tree stump, sighing heavily she rubbed her tempels.

"Don't scare me like that," Lara said, "I thought you were going to kill me" she commented on his actions although she didn't want scold him she wished that didn't happen, "Maybe it was the mark, but i don't know." she replied heaving dryly, she wasn't in the mood to ask questions.

"Rip you to shreds?" he asked. Then chuckled "Well, I guess a midnight snack would be pleasant." he laughed. He then looked back at Lara's cold eyes "Just kidding lady." he crossed his arms, then sighed "What a weird dream." he said to himself "Some voices were telling me to kill you. Well, not YOU exactly. They said 'kill her', but, c'mon first the mark, then the family that wants you dead, then this. Pretty sure you can connect the dots... oh well, guess I'll.... no..." he sat up "I need to take my mind off this." he stood up, I'll go hunting, see if there is anything good out there to bring back and eat

The werewolf spunned and sprinted into the woods, thinking on what he was about to do.

She sighed, how in the world can he hunt? no matter, "Ugh...Do as you will..." she grunted, she wasn't in the mood to be sarcastic, she summoned her butterflies again swirling around her she soon vanished.

Appearing on a tree nearby, she let her mind wonder, soon falling asleep, she began dreaming of that day...

Lara run! she heard rose say she ran and hid in the bushes, being a coward I won't let you hurt her, she has done nothing wrong! rose yelled, soon the scene changed, showing her ashes, turning around, she saw her standing there with a dark gaze.

You let me die...I though you said you would be by my side...I should have let you die.
What? but...No rose I'm sorry! please don't hate me!
Lara began to cry, soon she felt a sharp pain in her back, looking down she saw claws piercing her from behind, she looked behind her and saw Jaken, I should have killed you sooner. she woke up.

tears falling from her face she pulled up her knees and hugged them, crying, the butterflies circled her.

Don't cry, Don't cry, we're here for you Lara. They whispered, but she couldn't hear them.

Jaken had hunted some animals and eaten what he could before moving on to the next. Then he heard a cry. Lara's cry. "Oh no." he whispered, he sprinted back to where the camp was, jumping to where Lara was. She was crying and hugging her knees. "Hey, hey, it's ok, it's ok." he hugged her"Chist, chist, chist." he rocked her "Calm down. It was just a dream... just a dream." he whispered. "Why don't we get some sleep, I'm all done hunting. I'm kinda exhausted, so I think my body won't rip you with the few strenght I've got left." he chuckled "Come." he laid down with her, protecting her with his warm fur "Let's get some rest..."

Feeling him comforting her, she calmed down, he was warm, she let out a weak laugh at Jaken's attempt at humor, soon she fell asleep.

The next morning, Lara woke up to Jaken holding her tightly, Silly puppy she thought as she wormed her way out of his embrace, she walked over to where is clothes were and folded them and placed them next to jaken,
she sat on a tree stump and sat down.

She thought about last night, Lara was grateful for Jaken comforting her, "Wake up puppy~" she said to Jaken who was still asleep, "time to get up~"

"Wake up puppy~" she said to Jaken who was still asleep, "time to get up~"
Jaken shook his head at the sound of Lara's voice, he moaned, then opened his eyes. It was almmost sunrise, he would transform into a human in a matter of seconds. He turned to Lara "Hey." he greeted "Don't call me puppy. Remember that this puppy was about to rip you to shreds last night?" he stretched his body, then sat up. He felt his body transform back into human "Damnit." he said, walking to where he had changed the night prior, not acknowledging that his clothes were folded by Lara, he was still asleep for him to notice that. "What the-?" he asked not seeing his clothes where he had left them. He saw the clothes right where Lara had placed them. On the way of his eyes, he also saw Lara smiling, the type of smile that gave away the satisfaction of pulling a prank on someone "God damn you." he had returned to his human form. He was naked... in front of Lara. He never had this in mind, baing completely naked in front of a woman, not even a ribbon to cover up his genitals. He entered on panic mode and began screaming "A HEADS UP WOULD'VE BEEN JUST FINE BY THE WAY!!!" he roared at Lara, grabbing his clothes, going back to the tree and dressing up. He stepped out of the tree to face Lara.
"Pervert." he growled at her

"Haahahahaha!!!"
She began laughing hysterically, she fell off he stump and landed on the ground holding her stomach,
she got up from where she had fell and looked at Jaken with a big grin on her face, "Sorry puppy but it was too good to pass up!" she continued her laughing fit.

She soon calmed down and let out a sweet smile, she hadn't laughed like that in a long while.

"Sleep well?" Lara asked innocently pretending she wasn't responsible for that small Inconvenience,
her butterflies fluttered around her, "Oh dear did i leave you all out? forgive me" she said as she called them home, they all vanished, "They must be tired, oops~" she said as she give off the expression Oh dear my bad!

Jaken gave Lara a sarcastic grin, while slowly giving her the finger "Pervert." he growled at her again "What? Are you jelous of my body?" he teased her "Well then, I guess I'd have a better job in the strip club." he got close to Lara "But too bad that is not real princess."

"Yeah, sleeped well, until you got me with that perverted prank. I should get you back... maybe a kill to those butterflies might make the cut..." he chuckled "Wait for my vengeance." he said as he picked up his stuff and placed them on the horse, then climbed up. "C'mon. we still have some distance to travel."

"Touch them and i will burn your clothes!" she hissed, she packed her things and then they continued to ride to Elbion.

After three days they finally got there, "Finally...I'd thought I would be stuck on this horse forever" she commented, after all it was annoying, having to take so long.

It was starting to get dark as they arrived, "We should get a room at the inn" Lara said as they got off.

"Yeah. We should, let's drop this buddy off and have another night to sleep. This time... I WILL order my clothes, not you. Or do you want to see me naked again and lick my... feet. Lick my feet."

They had dropped the horse nearby and rented a room for the night, separate beds. Once they have eaten dinner, they want to their room and prepared for a night of sleep. Jaken fell asleep immediately, wondering if he would have another nightmare like the one days ago, weere he almost transformed and probably attack Lara.

"Thank you..." said a voice inside Jaken's dream.
"What...? Wha-what for?"
"Leading us to her. You have been a helpful set of eyes. Now... sleep..."
Jaken's consciousness was out. He had become unconscious in both reality and on his head.

In reality, while the two were asleep, a hooded silhouette looked at them from outside a window, tapping on the window of the room, wanting to wake someone up. But it wouldn't be Jaken.

"mmm..." Lara stirred in her sleep, until she realized, there was a tapping on the window.

Maybe i shouldn't have went to sleep...GODDAMN IT she cursed in her head,
She pretended to sleep, not wanting to get into a fight, Why now? she whined as she couldn't see any way out of this problematic mess.

She could tell Jaken wasn't going to wake up, so she had gotten up and summoned her staff
"Look, i don't need this mess right now so, go. to. hell" she said as she vanished from the room, appearing outside, no soul to be seen, just the presence of the moon.

Jaken woke up from nowhere. He could tell it was the same day, he just could. Besides, he was still in the room both of themm had rented that night. There were no silhouettes on the window when Jaken regained consciousness, just the night and the moon. He felt something touching his shoulder: a black butterfly. Then, he remembered his dream.
"Oh no... LARA!!" he yelled, but she was nowhere to be seen "<<I have to find her... I have to find her before someone else does...>>" Jaken took a hunting knife and jumped out the window, landing on his feet and running through the town in search of her compannion. He wouldn't transform into a werewolf, that would attract a lot of attention, he would need to find her in his human form

"Now now, you should accept your fate"

The figure said, as they attacked her with a dagger, <<Damn, i can't fight forever!>> she contemplated in her head what to do, but ultimately she couldn't see a way out of this mess,

"Why? Why did you lie?" Lara asked, she always wondered why they spread that lie, why they killed her family
her mentor, and her wife "Why did you do all this?" "What did i ever do to you? I was just a child back then!" she yelled,
she never did anything to this family, she never even knew them before 71 years ago.