Completed How to make "redacted" and influence people.

Lachlan knew he needed to say something profound and true to convince Orchid of whatever it is he felt with Fennec.

He cleared his throat, lowering his voice and leaned slightly towards the other Initiate. "We find comfort in things that are familiar. I have always gotten along with pretty girls, and so I sought that here. It wasn't difficult. But..." He pointed at Orchid with a nod. "You. You must have similarities to her. Something in her that brings you a sense of comfort that you wouldn't dream of stomaching with the other 'mewling fools'."

Orchid

"She's... like me?... huh."
Orchid had never known any connection with anyone save his mother, whom he literally had a flesh and blood connection with. None other ever tickled his interest in any way other than revulsion.
Orchid sat forward gazing across the room contemplating such a thing.
Then he felt it.
That terrible realisation that comes with the recognition of one's own kind and for the first time since his creation, isolation became loneliness.
"No!"
His voice was barely a whisper and his eye twitched.

Lachlan shrugged. "Perhaps you feel understood by her. You two share common ground." He laughed, as if it were a farfetched idea. "It's a rare thing for some individuals, but hey, even you can make friends."

He poured himself another cup of tea, liking how lukewarm it became in the pot. "So, now that you have come to realise all of this, what now, Kid?"

Orchid

"Now?"
Orchid strained his neck and closed his eyes, opening them slowly.
"Now I find out the why."
He drummed his fingers on the tabletop and thought hard.
"We are meeting tomorrow night. I have made her. I will confront her with this and... we shall see."
Standing up Orchid ignored his tray.
"Thank you Lachlan. I do not consider you a friend but you have been a useful resource. I appreciate you not forcing me to torture you."

Lachlan Irwin

• Orc
Reactions: Lachlan Irwin
Lachlan grinned, shaking his head at the other. "Nor would I ever want to be your friend, Orchid. Next time you have questions, ask Artesto or Urahil. Someone other than me." He scoffed.

As soon as Orchid leaves, Lachlan would too abandon the table that wafted the bad smell of Orchid's lunch.

Awful....

Orchid