LFG - Quest Highways in Hiding

Character Biography
Link
Because why not, more threads the better, amirite?

I am looking for between 2-3 people for this.

The basic concept is that characters will be caught in this character's dream, a dream of a forgotten time long before Arethil. The subject matter will be pretty serious and harsh, and it is possible for your characters to 'die' during this thread.

Any such death just ejects the player from the dream, with a particularly vivid recollection of that death and everything that came before it.

I might be willing to take more participants if there is a lot of interest.

Because why not, more threads the better, amirite?

I am looking for between 2-3 people for this.

The basic concept is that characters will be caught in this character's dream, a dream of a forgotten time long before Arethil. The subject matter will be pretty serious and harsh, and it is possible for your characters to 'die' during this thread.

Any such death just ejects the player from the dream, with a particularly vivid recollection of that death and everything that came before it.

I might be willing to take more participants if there is a lot of interest.

Love the idea!

I have a new character in the works with the ability to walk in a mirror world of dream/thought. However, I had conceived him with some pretty serious limitations to balance out the first rule of magic. Do you have any thoughts on the city/location, and would the characters need to travel around at all in the "real" world? Hmm.. actually, would the participating characters need to be located in the same place, since they are meeting in dreams?

Cool idea, BTW!

Participating characters could be anywhere in the world. I am not sure of the how that you would get stuck in her dreams, other than some wild BS. [Edit: Maybe she fell asleep in a particular state of mind and body aroudn a portal stone or something. I don't look for thsi to be an ability, btu a rather unfortunate circumstance).

Characters can be anywhere, the location of the actual story is not on Arethil~

Wonderful.

Thinking on the best way to have people appear in the dream, it wouldn't do to have them all spread out. Unless ,of course, circumstances force them together...

• Yay
Reactions: Ynsidia
This is fantastic!

When Aeyliea wakes up in the body of another person, I think she is dreaming IRL and has "awoken" in the body of one of the people from Seska's dream/prior world. Would this potentially happen to our characters (i.e., is this how we should enter and interact with the dream), and/or to others in the world of Arethil? If yes, are Aeyliea and the other dreamers able to wake up, or do they only experience these memories while sleeping?

If we're not supposed to know yet, that's cool too. Thanks!

I expect, but it is not required, that others pulled into this dreamworld-that-is-memory to awaken into the bodies of actual inhabitants of the world, with their own memories of their real selves as well as the memories of the bodies they inhabit.

I leave it up to you to decide if you visit here in your own dreams and are able to wake or not. Either option sounds fantastic as a narrative, since the same requirements to end the dream will hold either way. Regardless of whether you choose to be trapped completely, or only when you are asleep...the memories of this world persist into the real world of Arethil, unlike a normal dream. Your characters will be able to remember everything that happens to them as if they were actual events in the world.

While in the dream, that is the real world. You can feel pain, you can be crippled, and you can die...although, death will just kick you from the current host in the dream, and you would simply go to a different host. With the memory of dying intact. And all of your experiences will be remembered upon waking from this dream once the objective has been met~

Have fun with that~~ lol

• Yay
Reactions: Tuilinn and Ynsidia